Batman's entire character arc in this film is about him becoming a hero again. He's introduced here as the monster...

Batman's entire character arc in this film is about him becoming a hero again. He's introduced here as the monster, the devil in the shadows. Taking down criminals not to save these women, but for a lead on Kryptonite so he can destroy Superman. The murder of Robin by The Joker and watching Superman's battle with Zod destroy Metropolis has broken him. He feels powerless against a cruel world he can't control any longer, and that rage has turned a good man cruel. He now kills to defend himself and other people, and brands the most heinous criminals to condemn them. Cold-blooded murder will be his final step.

When he hears Superman use (what he thinks is) his dying breath to beg him to save his mother, he finally sees that he has become the villain. It's not about their mothers having the same name. It's about Batman realising that he is no different than the monster who killed his parents and created him. In throwing down the spear and saving Superman's mother, he also saves himself.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too bad the movie was still a mess.

First of all, it's unoriginal.
Second, the execution is horrible
Last, they need to distinguish personal motives from personal beliefs.

i could blog about how tommy wiseau's the room was a skewering satire of modern alienation but that doesn't make it good

People just can't seem to grasp Batman is a villain here, he has gone injustice mode due to losing Robin and seeing all those people die in metropolis while being powerless to stop it.

Yeah, we know what it was supposed to be.
It's ironic that all of Batman's scenes are less depressing than Superman's, though.

Well, if he also saves himself after saving Superman then why does he still people in the warehouse after finding his 'redemption'?

>it's the audience's fault that a theme wasn't conveyed well enough
got a regular max landis over here

Small problem. He's a not convicted murderer. If he ever wants to be a hero again, he should by all logic turn himself in and confess to his crimes. You can't just come back from murder just by saving someone's mom. He's a bad person who should go to jail.

Question - would Jason be proud of him? Would the Red Hood be?

I think he'd be even more steamed to realize that Batman has started killing yet the fucking Joker is STILL alive somehow.

>Question - would Jason be proud of him? Would the Red Hood be?
Jason uses a halberd. I think Snyder Jason is the type to demand more blood be spilled.

>Last, they need to distinguish personal motives from personal beliefs.

This is the most retarded thing ive ever read. People in real life work that way you know.

Clark is a US citizen so he's a murderer too

Its also about how in every adaptation of Batman he has killed. Pop culture has turned him into a killer. He has been alone, without Superman, being remade movie after movie (in which he kills in all except one). They tried giving him a robin but that didn't work, we killed robin too. We created this Batman. But now he must be more than a vigilante, he has to be a superhero. He must operate in a greater DC universe. And Superman saves him. He redeems him from what WE turned him into

This logic applies to regular comics Batman, who is an incredibly violent criminal who assaults people on a daily basis. You think beating the shit out of people is legal as long as you don't kill them?

>batman doesn't kill superman when he says martha because he realizes he's become like joe chill
>one movie later he ambushes a father and his child in a dark alleyway

So what you're saying is that the Gentry did this to him?

I loved Batman's Story in it. I but people don't want uinque takes on the these characters. They just want what they already know of them, which is understandable. One reason why I enjoyed MoS and BvS is base they weren't like the classic takes on the characters.

Yes, Superman killing was a bad move.

Absolutely, in a lot of Batman comics, Batman is distrusted and chased by the police and politicians except for Gordon.
The difference between fighting dangerous sociopaths and killing them is that there's no other choice but to fight them, so he can get them to Arkham to get help. Killing people is just killing people, no help possible. It only benefits the innocent. Batman's character is about helping everyone, even the bad guys.

God forbid a superhero movie is unoriginal

Too bad it was done in such a shit way.

cuz fuck those people in the warehouse anyway

Yes. That was exactly what the film was about. Shame you'll just get called a DC shill.

>Other movies are shit, so it's ok that this is shit too

Honestly, I thought that shit was Batman's "other" spare custome that he could no longer wear anymore due to it being all fucked up from spray paint that he couldn't remove.

The point of this scene went totally over my head. ..

Does anyone know if people went this apeshit when Batman killed in the Burton movies?

what's retarded is that his movie still has defenders

>Batman's entire character arc in this film is about him becoming a hero again.

Yeah, and starting your story with a fallen hero when we've missed is fall removes context, characterization, and narrative potential.

I don't CARE that this Batman redeemed himself because I never saw that he was particularly good to begin with. Especially since after his redemption he acts pretty much the same.

Yeah, sure humanity lost superman, but it gained back Batman. Oh wait, we're fucked.

Burton never pretended he was making an actual Batman movie, he took all the toys and used them for a Tim Burton gothic carnival freakshow noir.

I mean even fans of Batman Returns admit that thing is a Batman film in name only, and it helps that it's a damn good movie on its own merits AS a Burton film. BvS is a disaster as its own movie.

If Snyder had nailed every other aspect of BvS but still had Murderbats, people would be way more forgiving.

One of my biggest gripes about the portrayal of Batman is that's he's been Batman for twenty years. I want you to think about that. Bruce Wayne has been Batman FOR TWENTY YEARS.

Why?

What purpose does it serve to have a forty year old Batman at the start of your cinematic universe?

Just because he was old in Dark Knight Returns DOESN'T make that a good idea.

It just seems like any world where Batman's been at Batman-ing for that long has way more problems logistically.

Uh yeah? BvS is the greatest movie of all time. This is common knowledge.

That's what I've been saying. Snyder and Superman have saved Batman. How can they ever justify a Batman who kills now?

>becoming a hero again

And that is exactly what is wrong with the movie. Snyder is really good at missing the point of what characters stand for.

>Its also about how in every adaptation of Batman he has killed
No he hasn't. He did in the Burton films and arguably in Begins if you really think Ra's al Ghul was in danger of dying

The theme was conveyed well enough to get that if you actually paid attention to what you were watching. Sadly people need to be spoon fed or else they just don't get it.

It's the opposite of what Marvel's doing. Didn't you get the memo? Different automatically and always means good. If you don't like it, it means you don't understand it.

>got a regular max landis over here
I'd rather have had him in charge of the DCEU than who we've got currently.

You mean when he captures Deadshot, a known murderer and apprehends him alive? Or was there a deleted scene I don't know about?

>every adaptation of Batman he has killed.

Why are Snyder apologists wrong on such a consistent basis?

Its funny watching the mental gymnastics you idiots go through to justify Burton:s Batman killing.
m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM