Benis film festival

wtf Sup Forums
I solely depend on you for movie news and it turns out 2 days ago Venice released the list of films that will be premiering this year but I didn't even see a thread about it here (archive proves me right)

what are you most excited for?

Ammore e Malavita (Ammore and Malavita) - Antonio Manetti, Marco Manetti - Italy
Jia Nian Hua - (Angels Wear White) - Vivian Qu - China, France
Downsizing - Alexander Payne - United States
Ex Libris – The New York Public Library - Frederick Wiseman, United States
Una Famiglia (A Family) - Sebastiano Riso - Italy
First Reformed - Paul Schrader - United States
Foxtrot - Samuel Maoz - Israel, Germany, France, Switzerland
Hannah - Andrea Pallaoro - Italy, Belgium, France
La Villa (The House by the Sea) - Robert Guédiguian - France
Human Flow - Ai Weiwei - Germany, United States
L'insulte (The Insult) - Ziad Doueiri - France, Lebanon
Jusqu'à la Garde (Until the Guard) - Xavier Legrand - France
Lean on Pete - Andrew Haigh - United States
The Leisure Seeker - Paolo Virzì - Italy
Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno - Abdellatif Kechiche - France, Italy
Mother! - Darren Aronofsky - United States
The Shape of Water - Guillermo Del Toro - United States
Suburbicon - George Clooney - United States
Sweet Country - Warwick Thornton - Australia
Sandome No Satsujin (The Third Murder) - Koreeda Hirokazu - Japan
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Martin McDonagh - United Kingdom

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA
youtube.com/watch?v=GKwidh0XTKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

I think Sup Forums hates film festivals cause they're poor and can't torrent those films. I tried to start a thread about my city's upcoming festival but nobody was interested. Will have to see if Sweet Country is playing at MIFF.

You city is shit though
And Sup Forums always has Cannes livethreads

Bump

>Suburbicon - George Clooney - United States
>written by the Coen brothers
Why are they doing this, why are they becoming screenwriters for mediocre directors instead of directing their scripts themselves? Are they tired of shooting their own films now?

>I solely depend on you for movie news
What? Have you actually seen what this board is like?

I know it's disappointing to not have somebody to discuss it with, but you should know better. I usually just keep up with the festival stuff by myself. Sup Forums only becomes patrician with cannes like said, this year I was scared it wasn't going to happen because every thread leading up to the festival was derailed by plebs. Thankfully it became pretty enjoyable. This was my first year I actually kept up with the festival every day enough to know all the films in the competition. Always the most fun time on Sup Forums for me.

Last year there was also a thread for the LAFCA and the Gotham Indie Awards, both of which were pretty comfy, but the NYFF and TIFF, for example, there was nothing. Even Sundance talks this year were few and far between. I think it just depends on if OP provides enough details and links, and happens to post at the time of day that other anons that could be interested follow suit. It's always better if there's a livestream or something for anons to watch, whether it's a festival like Cannes or an awards show.

Only ones I'm really excited to hear about are Koreeda's The Third Murder and Downsizing, because I loved both of their previous films. Hope Lean on Pete and Three Billboards are both good. Obviously curious how the reception for mother, Shape of Water, and Suburbicon will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're all mixed.

don't bully Sup Forums

To be fair, I am more curious about film festivals as they show films... looks like mostly what was expected. Should help sort out quality

There's not enough people here that actually care about industry shit for the threads to ever go anywhere. You have to approach it like it's explainlikeImfive.

You should also have been a faggot and spaced out the list into multiple bumps so you could get out of the shitswamp better and not have a frigging wall of text that triggers my autism.

enthused about pic related and
youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA

Being on/tv/ is like panning for gold. You're just looking for the tiny specks of insight you don't really get anywhere else amid the torrent of watery opinion.

kill yourself hipsterfags

Hacksaw ridge has single handledly redeemed both Mel 'sugar tits' Gibson and Andrew "fag" Garfield.

Redeemed them as masters of making pure shit

Third world scum detected.

Your daddy donates millions of dollars to save shitskins

Thats because we are first world and carry that burden. USA USA USA

Garfield is a patriot now and I respect him. He also looked just like my nigga Desmond Doss.

>Thats because we are first world and carry that burden. USA USA USA
Why don't you open the borders like Mel wants to?
youtube.com/watch?v=GKwidh0XTKQ

That video makes me want to get down on my knees and suck his dick. Literally everything he said was either charismatic, charming, or insightful.

>both candidates are shit, but one will win which sucks
True
>immigrants built our country and they die for us in war, which is better than whites dying in war
True
>It is a volatile political climate
True

Mel fucking gets it. And thats why he was able to make a good movie in Hacksaw. He knows how to play the american heart strings and I loved every minute of it.

Thanks for your opinion, Ramirez.

>Why are they doing this, why are they becoming screenwriters for mediocre directors instead of directing their scripts themselves? Are they tired of shooting their own films now?
They can't film everything they write and have a lot of unproduced screenplays lying around, which they may think aren't good enough for themselves but that others are happy to buy the rights for. I think they're just having fun doing projects with friends or people they like, they also like to publish short stories sometimes.

De nada. I know I sure as fuck aint picking strawberries for a living. But someone has to.