Characters are transported from their future to modern day Earth and struggle to blend in with "wacky" results

>characters are transported from their future to modern day Earth and struggle to blend in with "wacky" results

I really wish sci-fi shows would stop doing this shit.

It was pretty cringy, except for the Android seemingly liking it and wanting to be part of it all and referencing our shit.

>I suggest we get an Uber

Yeah, I really hate that trope of putting fantastical individuals from a different time/planet/realm and just putting them in modern day. Its a cheap way to not have to work on any sets or actually do anything costly.

3rd Rock from the Sun was great though. But I mean, shows aren't like they used to and often times the trope gets used lazily and as a way to cut cost so it fails on so many levels.

lol I'm glad I had the foresight to drop this show in the first episode.

which episode is this?
i stopped watching when asian guy took over his home planet. worth continuing??

Not OP
Not really its been pretty dull this season

what about the one in the OP? sounds good

Is Killjoys any better? Season 1 was meh.

>5 as an anti-social goth
>not as an actual current day underage lewd slut
one job, one chance and they blew it

It's been really slow this season. Most of the episodes have been dealing with pretty generic sci-fi plots like OP and Groundhog Day loops. It feels like they're running low on ideas but don't want to end the show after only 40 episodes, so they're slowing things down to drag it out.

I mean, if you like garbage, killjoys is great. It's got a very blatant girl-power slant to it so ymmv.

They do these wacky standalone slice of life episodes really well. The problem is the overarching plot this season is just a bunch of random babbling, like why am I supposed to care about any corporation at all

They fucked up when they killed the corporate guy looking for revenge without ever tying up his storyline.

I think htat's the biggest thing. They haven't shown us any corporation or their policies and give us a reason to care who wins, you know? I and the rest of the audience needs to understand what the stakes are, who gives a shit about the independant colonies when they can clearly just be purged without any sort of repercussion.

The whole corporate war thing is really weak. We haven't really seen what kind of effect the war is having on people who aren't the independent colonists and we know nothing about the corporations beyond the one that the main crew interacts with a lot. It's like we're just supposed to think "corporations = bad," but that's not good enough to care.

>Sci fi show has no fucking budget so does a mdern day earth episode to save money.

Seriously if Syfy is going to continue with this shit and just try to float on the Expanse I hope these motherfuckers go under.

No. It's made for retarded people who think canada scifishit is good.

12 monkeys though is surprisingly not bad.

>Killjoys

Agreed, like I said, neither the audience nor the characters have any real stake in the fate of the independent colonies or the outcome of the corporate war.

Ryo does, but he's kind of a stupid idiot at this point so I kinda hope he just makes up his fucking mind and either destroy his own empire or rejoin the crew. His storyline is so fucking done, he needs to go away.

Oh, and the AI ghost chick needs to go away too.

I think the serious corporation woman actress (traugott?) is really good, and she fucking owned in last season's finale

then they basically never use her at all

I fell like the show is going to cancel soon and they're just going through the motions.