Watching this right now, what will I think of it?

Watching this right now, what will I think of it?

Would be better if they made a movie about Vietnam era US Army was being dropped into a hostile environment full of monsters instead of a king kong movie.

Why the fuck did no one question using fucking bombs to see how deep the island is, especially on an undiscovered place with countless species

Terrible

that it feels like an episode instead a complete film and how (spoiler)
they were able to get off the island when kong spotted the helicopters and shouldve destroyed them

GUYS
>It Ain't Me starts playing
IS
>What Is It Good For starts playing
THAT
>Go Ask Alice starts playing
A
>Stop Listen What's That Sound starts playing
GIANT
>Ride of the Valkyries starts playing
FUCKING
>Run Through the Jungle starts playing
MONKEY

pretty great. Without Samuel Jackson it would have been perfect. I'm just tired of seeing him in everything.

Is "the big one" supposed to be Godzilla or something. Why do all the monster movies in this universe have to have the monsters be good guys? Why the fuck are they refueling in an area on the complete other side of the island?

A mixture of every cliche from every monster and Vietnam movie ever made in the worst possible way.

they were already doing it to vietnam
doing ti to an uninhabited island probably wouldnt seem like an issue to them

Kaiju of Peace. Welcome them into your home, user. Let the females in your life run free and alone down dark night streets. The kaiju won't hurt them.

Action scenes were good. Other than that they missed the point of kong.

Once they see the ground is hollow why don't they think "HOLY FUCK IF WE DROP A BOMB A SHIT TON OF THE ISLAND WILL CAVE IN SHIT TELL THEM TO STOP RIGHT NOW"

>CAVE IN
kek

It's not Godzilla. It's just a fully grown skullcrawler, the same one that killed Kong's parents.
Kong won't meet the actual Godzilla until 2020.

>everyone is fucking dying
>REEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU KONG REEEEEEEEEEEE
Sam's character was retarded

It's literally captain Ahab. He was fine.

>white woman
>doesn't immidiatley fuck all the natives as soon as she sees them
Most unrealistic part of the movie desu

Yeah, and thank god the movie had him doing his best Ahab impression because the two leads were bland as fuck

Why the fuck didn't the tracker guy just say
>hey guys look it is that Jack guys dog tags let's get the fuck out

He did.

I know, but after they fucking traveled miles away to that stick forest. He should have said something when they were all regrouping before good man was eatin

Made me check, but no. He tells everyone about the dog tags immediately after their confrontation with the skullcrawler in the boneyard, it's literally the scene that follows.

this and Sam didn't care and went to get the napalm and kill Kong

Yes it is the scene that follows, however it appears that they are in an entirely different scenery than the explosive place. They are where that one soldier died, which is a different set.

You'll like when It Ain't Me plays and all the Kong/Jackson scenes but you'll hate literally everything else.

>we'll meet again starts playing
Good song

>Stop Listen What's That Sound starts playing
hey I love that song

Good:

First part of the movie where they do Vietnam 2.0 on Skull Island.

Jackson and Reilly carried the movie.

Bad:

Hiddleston just didn't fit in even with Hiddleston's gas-masked swordfight in nerve gas.

Same with Larson. Remove her interactions with Kong and it would've been a better movie.

I watched it because I wanted to see all the monsters. Unfortunately there were less monsters than I was led to believe. Too many of the monsters were these lame skull lizards.

I did like Kong. He was very big so I was satisfied with that.

are you literally a woman lmao
i guess sams scene could be a new scene that women will never understand

how am I a woman? they saw that literally everything can kill them and yet he decides to kill that one ape instead of saving the rest of his soldiers

>not understanding the simple drive that drives all men, wanting to topple something greater than you
heh, enjoy pregnancy..

Here's my question:

How do a couple bombs exploding on the surface wake up this ancient lizard thing, but not fucking Kong, who is probably the size of 1/5th the island, running around like a fucking lunatic.

it's fun