Why is kevin conroy so overrated?

Why is kevin conroy so overrated?

He isnt a bad batman as a whole but while playing the arkham games its painfully obvious how hard he strains himself to do the voice, hence why its very...weak? Its obvious that he cant "intimidate" with the batman voice beyond what he already constantly does

youtube.com/watch?v=5XlBWBYlnI4

link related is the best batman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tZD4QsIJqiI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDWUWQucXl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fuck are you talking about? I'm playing AK right now and I have legitimately no idea what you're talking about.

>I WILL BREAK EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY

its far too easy to tell that its a guy doing his hardest to keep a deep batman voice while also "raising" his voice

He's trying to soften the blow for when he is inevitably consumed by the dark lord Ex Cel Sior.

soooo he talks loudly when he's interrogating someone? and
>keep a deep voice
have you never seen an interview with him? thats practically his speaking voice

>soooo he talks loudly when he's interrogating someone

except it doesnt sound like batman talking louder, it sounds like kevin conroy trying to keep the batman voice while raising his voice

fuck the arkham games

arkham knight is easily one of the better batman stories, the only real problem being that the joker blood was an unnecessary addition for gameplay's sake instead of the joker apparitions being purely psychological

hell, the arkham knight easily beats the actual red hood story

Well, he does a better voice than Bale or Affleck though.

Has he done any other roles in VA other than Batman?

Yup
him sleepwalking through the Arkham games made me realize his hackness

qand killing joke was turrible

>arkham knight is easily one of the better batman stories

I'd argue it's more due to his age.

Starting around JLU you could tell Conroy was starting to have a harder time doing the voice. His vocal chords have aged and it's becoming increasingly hard for him to do a 30/40 something year old gravel voice. (Mark Hammil is also in the same boat but even more so due the mania of the Joker)

This is probably one of the reasons why the DC animated projects are trying to move away from him and are casting different actors in the role.

>being contrarian for the sake of it

AK is my second favourite Batman game, first being city.

My nigga.

>I'd argue it's more due to his age.

This.

He legit can't do the normal Bruce voice properly anymore (and the Batman voice is getting harder). When he tries to do it now, it sounds more like the age of his normal voice. He's admitted to it at conventions and interviews.

It's not really anything to bitch about. It happens. Same thing happened to the TAS Harley Quinn.

I think that AK and UTRH beat out the original comic for sure. With that said I think the movie still beats out AK but AK definitely has some one ups, for instance the torture scene in the game was fantastically done.

yea see you keep saying that but what you're saying still doesn't make sense. I mean I knew this was a troll thread coming in but at least have some asinine argument to make us all laugh and rage

my niggas.

I will say I wish that AK had more and better bosses. though that goes for all the games except Origins weirdly enough.

>hell, the arkham knight easily beats the actual red hood story

Please tell me you hate Jason Todd. That's the only reason why anyone would actually think this.

Captain Sunshine in The Venture Bros.

He was also the Batman parody in Turbo FAST.

How is it not?

What exactly is contrarian about what I said?

You replied to both of my posts but apparently only one of them is a "le troll".

I already posted a superior batman VA in the OP- if you dont know what Im talking about you probably dont know anything about voice acting

conroys batman voice "cracks" when he tries to "raise his voice" in character- it doesnt sound natural in the slightest and its painfully obvious that hes trying to keep the voice on while getting "angry"

it doesnt sound natural in the slightest unlike hamills voice- when the joker gets angry or desperate he can pull it off without it becoming apparent that its just a voice actor

bales batman voice is a good counterexample for this phenomenon- he knows he cant sound intimidating by doing a "deep" voice so he straight up growls in link related- the only problem was that the directors apparently wanted him to also growl whenever he spoke more calmly

youtube.com/watch?v=tZD4QsIJqiI

Jason todd is cringy in both the red hood and arkham knight, just of a different type. I had an easier job understanding his motivations in arkham knight though- topped off by the fact that the dialogue and writing in general is surprisingly good in the game (something that only shines in the joker in under the red hood)

Jason's turn at the end was horribly done and was not earned at all.

Besides that it was fine. I'd say Asylum and Origin both have a better story

The games must have bad voice direction because he's leaps and bounds better in everything else.

>asylum
joker takes over the asylum and turns into a titan monster

>city
they built a fucking prison city in gotham and uh oh it actually wasnt a good idea

>arkham knight
scarecrow and the arkham knight take over gotham

knight is genuinely the only one with a story worth following, especially because the joker psyche thing affecting batman is very interesting and pretty much completely new- when has batman ever had to deal with jokers death before in a batman story?

>voice cracks
except it doesn't? and sorry you're right I bet you, the great and all knowing user are the best at voice acting. And I knew you were a troll right from the get-go, it's just I expected something a little more entertaining, gotta say son, I'm a bit disappoint.

With that said I admit he's gotten older but I think his voice is still perfectly fine. Somewhat different Batman than he used to but I think Hamill is the same. Compare Arkham joker to TAS, very different beasts.

I want Bruce Greenwood to take over, he was good in Young Justice and Under the Red Hood

I think Knight does have the best story, if only because I'm a sucker for revenge stories and under the red hood in general. however I think Asylum, Origins, and City all had fine stories, they all worked and accomplished what they needed to.

>le nu uhh fucking troll :^)

so good job proving you dont know anything about voice acting

what happens to conroy is that he artificially deepens his voice for batman and when he tries to raise his voice in character is becomes much harder to sound the same without it becoming painfully obvious that its a man trying to do a deeper voice than he should

you can easily replicate the phenomenon yourself if youre still too stupid to understand it by explanation alone

but he doesn't. have you ever heard the man talk? because i'm starting to wonder if maybe you're getting mixed up. At the very least I'm glad you're starting to be sillier and a bigger asshole with your trolling, I'm starting to get a larf out of it, keep it up

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDWUWQucXl4

>IF YOURE LYING ILL BREAK THE OTHER ONE

Bro unless you link some proof, I'm inclined to call you an idiot

Stop playing the games and kill yourself you autistic faggot

It starts to sound bad after you watch this for a while because, surprise, if you repeat the same thing over and over again it starts to sound silly.

I love Conroy and he's what I hear when I read Batman.

But he needs to retire. He doesn't sound as committed to the role as he used to be. He sounds tired. Honestly, when I watched JL: Doom, I could have sworn he was reading the script for the first time.

He sounds bored doing the role now.

Seriously fuck you dude. Don't talk shit about Conroy.

ok? what's the problem?

This.
He didn't try in The Killing Joke at all.

>How is it not?

Like all Arkham games besides Origins, Batman has no actual input in the story. He is simply strung along by villain encounter after villain encounter. The Arkham Knight reveal is painfully foreshadowed and Batman's gruff emotionless demeanor through it all is borderline sociopathic

This and he's also getting old which makes his voice feel different and tired.

>borderline sociopathic
soooooo Batman then?