ITT: Overrated cartoons

ITT: Overrated cartoons

Ed edd and eddy
Kids next door
Courage the dumb dog

Please jump off of a bridge

Finally get round to watching it, it has charming moments but falls into familiar beats insanely quickly and often feels constricted by its 11 min run time.
However as I did watch every episode, there must have been something to keep me coming back.

6.5/10

Your favorite cartoon

Isn't saying what something is overrated is really preachy?
Like, NO, I DON'T LIKE IT SO YOU SHOULDN'T LIKE IT EITHER

I didn't say that. I just said it's overrated. I never said it was bad.

Get cancer. This isn't your hugbox.

Calm down edgelord

Very ovverated

Damn, I was too slow.

Your favorite cartoon.

Has to be in the top 3 of most overrated cartoons ever, easily.

No one needed to see 5,000 threads of this when the Steven Bomb was happening.

this was seriously a very boring show. it had a neat art style and concept, yes, but the formula was very predictable and the overall dickishness of most of the cast made it hard to find anyone to root for really.

How is it overrated?

People who like this show, like it. Its funny.

So you dont like it (or feel bad for liking it)

Get over it.

how fucking dare you

its about as good as cartoons get, but yeah it's overrated.

People kept saying it was one of Nick's best show, if not their best show. Better than Avatar? Early Spongebob? Hey Arnold? Holy shit it must be good, I said. So I watched the first season. It was shit. Random humour does not equal funny.

Easily one of the most overrated cartoons of all time

>flash animated
>french
>carried by sexy girls and nothing else

Pretty much the definition of overrated.

I agree, but still a good show.

>Kids next door
>Courage the dumb dog

I not sure if those have fandons

Yeah, you're right, no one likes kids next door or courage the stupid dog. We never have threads for either of those.

every anime ever

b-but my perfect waifu

For everyone saying things are overrated, please also mention some shows you think are correctly rated, in order to qualify your opinion.

Overrated threads are overrated

They can't. "Overrated" and "underrated" were never valid concepts and are just buzzwords for "thing others like/dislike but I don't".

I think SU is correctly rated.
It's subject to a good balance of getting shit on and getting wanked.

I think you're confusing shitty fanbase with overrated.

>ITT: Bait and more bait

annoying voices
stupid plots
Means scream funny? NO
pice of shiet with just a cool Some scenes
Of course is gooood show

Fuck you! That shows a fucking classic, you tasteless hack!

word up

Avatar and Hey Arnold are completely different types of shows, not even saying they're worse but they have different kind of appeal, I find Zim alot funnier than early Spongebob not that I dislike early SB but Zim is just funnier and more interesting to me. I think one of the big appeals of Zim was the unique type of humor (at the time random humor of this type was fresh for a kids cartoon) and being a comedy cartoon which actually had some worldbuilding a dark theme and animation that actually looked like it had a budget behind it.

Good to know you don't know what the word "overrated" means.

honestly what makes any cartoon overrated is its fan base.

all things overrated are generally worthy of praise but the fan base just wont fucking shut up and just uggghhhh....

Was gonna post this. People's advice on "just hide the threads" really doesn't apply because I would be hiding 1/3rd of the threads. How many threads do we need calling Bismuth or Smoky Quartz design shit?

gettin real tired of these threads

This thread was shit from OP and the post after it.

This isn't a "overrated cartoons" thread, it's a "cartoon I don't like" thread.

Delete this thread OP.

I just report every single steven universe thread I see that doesn't say "General". They're just as bad a bronies at this point, they have no idea how to keep their cancer to one thread.

>wanting cancer that doesn't spread

nothing will ever come close to bronies

>Stop liking things I don't like, the post, the experience, the film that won 5 awards at Cannes, and will be spawning a soon to be acclaimed mini-series My Opinions > Your Opinions

False. This show is amazing and rarely brought up, making it either appropriately rated or under rated.

>and rarely brought up,
Shut the fuck up, you lying sack of shit. There's a home movies thread at least once per day.

Early Spongebob has aged much better than Zim. Zim had that edgy, post-South Park humor that was popular in the early 2000's. Classic Spongebob is timeless.

You do know that there is world outside of Sup Forums, right?

what makes it overrated is it the fact that its alot of people favorite show

Agreed.

We're talking about on here, not in the rest of the world, dopey.

True. Early SpongeBob is retro. Something that's old but it enjoyable. IZ is outdated, due to its random humour and screaming and shit like that, it's something you never want to go back to.

Its ok I guess. Seen like 20 episodes and just don't get the big appeal a lot of people see in it.

Easily the most overrated cartoons of all time

you know m8 !!!! GF is shit

>so fucking boring.
>tons of slapstick gory reliant scenes that fall flat
>art is ugly
>full of randumb humour

everyone says you have to be high to enjoy this. if you can't enjoy a show when not high it's shit. fucking degenerate meme show.

Only the first season is good since it wasn't try to be anything more than just over the top violence for ten minutes but once Titmouse took over and started elaborating more on the characters it went to shit.

You know /Sug/ isn't an individual right? There's nothing stopping someone from making a thread if they want to do so.

ITT: Shit taste

>most hated thing on Sup Forums
>overrated
if anything its underrated since you autistic fucks wont give it a try

>flash animated
Despite using flash the animations are often very good, much better than the average cartoon.
>carried by sexy girls and nothing else
It's not true, the plot and the characters are enjoyable, the only problem is that both seasons don't shine much at their first episodes.
>french
What do you eve-... Fuck, I fell for the bait.

I just don't get why everyone in the show is gay.

We have them but i can't consider that as a fandon, we had luck if those shows get at least 2 threads per month.

>overrated means bad.

ive never seen a fanbase nearly as polarized as iz

i wouldnt call it overrated as a show but gir as a character is definitely the most overrated thing ive ever seen. that phenomenon was like a precursor to rabbids and minions

ed edd and eddy? sure

the other two i think are appropriately rated. you get people from time to time mentioning them with pleasant memories at best. i rarely if ever see anyone basically sucking the shows' dicks to the extent of ed edd and eddy

Kid's Next Door has a fandom. I had a weird friend in high school who to this day is still obsessed with it, and they still have an audience for their fanart.

as someone who adores this show i can definitely agree

its weird seeing the above and beyond praise and love for a slow burning sci fi sol

i never realized a cartoon character design could trigger people so hard until the influx of those threads

it was both incredible and painful all at once

If we're talking overrated in general, I'd disagree with all of those. If we're talking by Sup Forums standards, I'd definitely agree with EEnE, but a lot less so with the other two.

SU
It's not over-rated here but everywhere else om the web.

Gumball
Everyone screams all the time. I'm too old for this shit.

Regular show
I like shows for kids but this is just boring.

I think it just comes from it not being zombie simpsons or family guy. Which from a few different perspectives this show might as well be the second coming.

when you compare how the show ended up to the kind of hype and rapid fanbase it had after like the first season

this was probably the most overrated show ever

did Alex Hirsch just abandon ship? I remember an interview he did where he said Bill wasn't the big bad, just a trickster.

seems like he just gave up with that ending.

We can assume that disney was fucking with him. Maybe they wanted the story to go else where or maybe they wanted more control over the show. Knowing from other interviews it could've just been another case of executive meddling, but he would rather the show sink than let disney take it from him.

its not 100% clear to me but I generally hear that Alex either got over worked and wanted to quit the show because of it or that he wanted to cash in on his popularity with a better deal than disney was giving him

but most people seem to agree that season 2B was completely rushed and supposedly there was suppose to be at least one more season that Alex scrapped in order to end the show sooner

So overrated are shows that most people like and agree that are great, but i and more two guys in the internet don't?

better for it to end like that than have it end up like adventure time

>if anything its underrated
Yet it's got "general threads" here 24/7. I'm confus

You were obviously not here when mlp started. It was every thread, every board.

perhaps but ending early isn't a good thing, its better than becoming a zombie show like simpsons or Family Guy or AT but GF could still have done 1-2 more seasons before this started to become an issue

Outside Sup Forums and Sup Forums people praise it to high heaven even though it's 7/10 at best.

We should start a courage the cowardly dog fandom. We could all make original characters like people do with hedgehogs

basically this. It's the fact that it's the one current animated sitcom that's actually functional that makes it good. As a whole the show is somewhere between great and "just ok." some eps better than others, etc.

never seen it

I'd point to my previous argument of maybe disney wanted more control over the show or some shit.

RugRats

its possible but I really haven't seen anything pointing to that being the case

like can you even think of disney doing that to any recent show?

from everything I know they have been giving creators a pretty free hand

In my honest opinion, this show is as good as KotH

overrated isnt a synonym for being popular

The only recent one I can think of is them switching studios for Star vs. because disney wanted the previous studio to work on some lion king preschool thing.