What is your least favorite pre-movie Spongebob episode and most favorite post-movie ep?

What is your least favorite pre-movie Spongebob episode and most favorite post-movie ep?

For me, I didn't really like Boating School. It just felt pretty flat to me. Even with Patrick being absurd, there wasn't really a lot of "super funny" gags I found besides OH SPONGEBOB. WHY.

My favorite post-movie episode is Fear of a Krabby Patty. I like how off-model it is. I wish the others were done in it's sorta "loose" style.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/751187523003568128
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is the caveman special even pre-movie? that one was pretty weak.

favorite post-movie is skill crane i guess. it's weird reading the season 4 episode descriptions on wikipedia and only recognizing a few of them.

>fav post movie SB
>Not from S9
Unless that's from S4, I legit dont remember
nigga....

For me, My least fav pre movie episode is probably the reef blower one, because it just wasnt particularly interesting or funny.

Best Post movie episode is Squid Plus One, it's what made me get faith in the show again.

Skill Crane was also great

You're in luck, OP.
Season 10 is confirmed to have more off-model moments.

Fear of a Krabby Patty was the first post movie episode ever made and Greenblatt was involved in it.

Where's the source?

I really hate how stiff the characters are now, if they received a bit of bend, it'd be much better. I dunno if Hillenburg coming back would change the art style though.

twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/751187523003568128

Least fav pre movie: house party episode by far. Episode was the definition of boring.

Fav post movie episode is between Krusty Towers and Patrick Smartpants

>house party
Shit, I actually forgot about that. Was it really pre-movie? I can't remember really liking it at all beyond the Patchy skits.

>House Party

Ah yes the episode that had like one scene of SpongeBob in the bunny costume and yet everyone advertises it like it's part of his regular outfits

>Least Favorite: The Chaperone
I don't know if it was just me, but that fucking episode used to (and still kind of does) air all the time, and it got grating on me very fast.
>Most Favorite: Sand Castles In The Sand
One of the most creative premises in terms of how much they commit to the idea and how far they actually go with it.

Hasn't he worn it more than once?

>Least Favorite Pre-Movie
I'm With Stupid. It's a pretty stupid and poorly written episode by pre-movie Spongebob standards

>Favorite Post-Movie
Either Fear of a Krabby Patty or the Handsome Squidward one.

>Least Favorite (S1-S3): Opposite Day
>Most Favorite (S4-S9): Krusty Towers
also I like Selling Out if only how it almost completely mirrors Spongebob's production history

S9 is the season of filler, speacially the episode of your pic.

HARDCORE MODE: season 4 and 5 dont count

Don't think I have a least favorite pre.

My favorite post, however, is definitely Handsome Squidward.

>least favorite pre-movie
I was a teenage gary, this is S6 level of badness.

>most favorite post-movie ep
Dunces and Dragons, this is S2 level of godness

I learned just the other day The Tattletale Strangler was actually season 3.

I think every season of SpongeBob SquarePants has a distinct feeling to it. A few seasons are similar, but season 1 is distinct with the two that came after it, season 4 is in its own strange place, and the latest episodes are even more different. I think that even if it becomes a well-liked series once more (in regards to new episodes), it will not be the same as it was in the olden days. SpongeBob has changed and will change.

Why people hate the chaperone so much? Is a pretty cool.

That's probably why. A lot of Season 4 was still "classic SB" to me because it was so close to the movie and I didn't know behind the scenes stuff that I never noticed. Its later in that I fell off the show then learned the specifics.

Sand Castles was a great "sequel" to the Snow Fort one.

How can the show not be filler?

By filler i mean took a scene too long who add nothing to the episode.

S9 is basically that.

I'd say that's only a problem with a few of them. And its more the show's pace slowing down, rather than then intentionally dragging out a scene until its shit like Season 6