Saddest movie/tv scenes

What scene always seems to get you going no matter what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0bXymZqln4
youtube.com/watch?v=hv8eZ4eznnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=koBOaX4-XZA
youtube.com/watch?v=2tV06iIPJ-M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=z4wDgvtkqsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qi4QJReVWhE
youtube.com/watch?v=r8U9NB0OIlk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

“A lot of those soldiers–well, I’ve thought about this often–that man and I might have been good friends. We might’ve had a lot in common. He might have liked to fish. He might have liked to hunt. Course, they was doing what they was supposed to do, and I was trying to do what I was supposed to do. But under different circumstances, we might have been good friends.”

>Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me I didn't ask you, and I did what I had to do to win, but somebody wouldn't let us win! Then I come back to the world, and I see all those maggots at the airport, protestin' me and spittin', callin' me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me?! Huh?! Who are they?! Unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they yellin' about!
>Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million-dollar equipment. Back here I can't even hold a job parking cars!! [throws machine gun at wall before breaking down] Uhhh!! Wha...I can't...oh, I just, oh my God. Where is everybody? Oh God...I...I had a friend, who was Danforth. What, I had all these guys man. Back there I had all these fucking guys. Who were my friends. Cause back here there's nothing.

Just the way he completely breaks down always gets to me.

Me too

>I wish... I had a dad like you.

>fiction
>making you feel emotions besides anger and disgust
Pleb

>The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on horseback going through the mountains of a night, going through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on going. Never said nothin' going by, just rode on past... and he had his blanket wrapped around him and his head down. And when he rode past I seen he was carrying fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it 'bout the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was going on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold. And I knew that whenever I got there he'd be there.

>And then I woke up.

I miss my Dad.

Everything dealing with fathers always kills me. Sorry to hear about yours, it's gonna kill me when I lose mine.

movie?

Father issues kill me too, but it's cuz I have a bad relationship with mine. Here these people are who are actually close with theirs, and then one dies or whatever

Fucking love my dad. We go shooting together and complain about liberals all the time.

>...when he said, "Grandpa, were you a big guy on the plane?" Grandpa said, "No... but I served in a company of big guys."

>Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.

it's spelled 'kino'

>No father should have to bury their child

looks like im going into the kino tonight then

And then they did the other Rambo movies.
Fuck you, Stallone.

Sounds like a total faggot. He taught you well.

You're so cool.

it is your who are the faggot

kys at your earliest convenience

Learned it from my dad :^)

>Are you still mad Adrian left you?
>She didn't leave me Paulie she DIED
>Whoa whoa calm down Rocko
>I just... I didn't think it was gonna be this hard

Fucking kills me

youtube.com/watch?v=L0bXymZqln4

youtube.com/watch?v=hv8eZ4eznnQ

> Randi's screams
> The firemen only pull out two skeletons because Stanny was a toddler and his bones probably completely disinitegrated.
> When he's telling the cops how he figured the screen was probably nbd, and pauses cuz he realizes that was the decision that killed his kids
> That "please" at the end

Last one: youtube.com/watch?v=koBOaX4-XZA

> That little flash of red from a car passing in the background is sort of perfect in this scene

>Chris did get out. He enrolled in the college courses with me, and although it was hard, he gutted it out like he always did. He went on to college and eventually became a lawyer. Last week, he entered a fast food restaurant. Just ahead of him, two men got into an argument; one of them pulled a knife. Chris, who'd always made the best peace, tried to break it up. He was stabbed in the throat. He died almost instantly.

>I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

Yeah just watched this scene after a really long time. This one was amazing. They don't make 'em like this anymore.

>Is... is the boy going to be okay?
>...yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=2tV06iIPJ-M

And then he died irl outside of a club

you are pathetic

Who did?

River Phoenix

> Dad nod
> Unexpected Peter-goes-from-boy-to-man arc is complete

Hope this thread doesn;t get derailed

I don't get it

River Phoenix died on the road outside a club owned by Johnny Depp from a drug OD (or maybe alc poisoning or both idr) and there's a chance Depp had him thrown out instead of taken to the Hospital to cover his own ass in some other matter, or so the legend goes. I said I hoped the thread didn't get derailed because this is the first Sup Forums thread I've liked in a long time.

I knew about all that I just wasn't sure as to why the thread would get derailed because of River Phoenix

>You'll forgive my impertinence, Sir, but even though we have never before met, I have always considered you as a father to me.

>Quellek... by Grabthar's hammer... by the Suns of Worvan... you shall be... avenged.

>Heroes
>Killed hordes of white people to make Soviet Union Great.

Haha, KYS.

>Killed hordes of white people to make Soviet Union Great.
Yeah, why would Germany do such a thing?

came here to post this

>My daughter's out there Phil. I told her I'd protect her from the monster's, what kind of father am I if I can't keep my promise.

Melodramatic Lifetime crap. Margaret is so much superior to this film.

>nazis
>white

xD

The plottwist to Dear Zachary

Germany tried continuously to make friends and peace with Britain though.

It was the United Slaves of Israel and Britain that decided to gang with SU to slaughter whites.

Why is this film so fucking great more than it had any right to be?

>Germany tried continuously to make friends and peace with Britain though.
While invading neutral countries left and right.

Because it recognized both the flaws of Star Trek and the things that made it great and exemplified them both in one amazing love letter to the cheesy sci fi genre.

>Germany tried continuously to make friends and peace with Britain though.
>stormcucks actually believe this
>doesn't know that Germany declared war on USA

Oh you know why

You do realize multiple peace treaty offers from Germany to Britain exist as real documents?

You do realize that Hitler in public and private speeches even as far as 1938 summer wouldn't consider Britain not even a possible enemy?

>Germany declared war on U.S.
I was talking about Britain.

This scene almost made me cry tbqh. Lars von Trier is based
m.youtube.com/watch?v=z4wDgvtkqsQ

And I guess Poland was evil and had it coming, right?

>I was talking about Britain.
Then what was this part about?
>It was the United Slaves of Israel and Britain
Make up your mind stormcuck. Germany was the warmonger.

Where's this from?

You derailed this threasd you asshole. It was all going fine. And you had to bring your Sup Forums shit into this

Motherfucker wouldn't it have been better if you'd just posted a scene from Margaret instead? Jesus Christ

How about you stop rsponding and get back on topic?

Dunkino

It was the part about how the two countries came to kill whites to make SU great.

Why do you conflate it to part where Hitler did not consider Britain as enemy not until around 1938 summer-september and send multiple treaties to make allies/peace?

Can't be bothered, anyone interested will Google on their own the film.

>I remember one season water came bad, I couldn't have been twelve. Dad had out the shovels and we went at it all night. We worked til I think I fainted, but we managed to stop the water. We saved the farm. Your grandma baked me a cake, said I was a hero. Later that day we found out we blocked the water alright, sent it upstream. The whole Laing farm washed away. While I ate my hero cake their horses were drowning. I used to hear them wailing in my sleep.
>Did the nightmares ever stop?
>Yeah. When I met your mother. She gave me faith that there's good in the world. She was my world. I miss you son.
>I miss you too, dad.

>You are who you choose to be

What said.

>Would you like me to lie to you now?

I lost quads to you by one in another thread

>invade Poland
>h-hey guys, here's this peace treaty. I know I invaded someone you swore to protect, kind of like what happened 30 years ago, but this was totally a fluke, take my word for it.
Germany was retarded and so are you.

How can a movie have so many great individual scenes but be such an overall piece of shit? Even during the dumb shit there are great moments. It's baffling.

are you a gook? why cant you write correctly?

sry m8, have a dunkaccino on me

Bad story structure, and possibly too many people involved in writing the script.

Thanks user that makes it all better

youtube.com/watch?v=qi4QJReVWhE

>for me grandpa? "For you"

Bad director. Honestly, if a film's biggest flaw is that it just doesn't come together, the person at fault is the director, because his job is literally to wrangle everything and make sure it comes together (not saying that was the problem with BvS, just answering your question). Regardless of whether those problems stem from the script, the director's ability or inability to get good performances, studio meddling, it's ultimately on the director to make sure the film works out.

not a company of maimen

>Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.

Unironically this. My friends and I were all tearing up in the theater, and we were like 19 when it released.

Every scene from this film.

I got Lynched, LYNCHED.

Batman v superman is such a good movie the whole scene were batmans about to kill superman and clark knows its over doesn't plead for his life he pleads for his mothers that part reall pulls on the heart strings especially when batman says I'll make you a promise Martha won't die tonight. He does what he couldn't do when hw was a boy he saves her

>If only I could find her, so she could see me with such lovely friends here now; perhaps she could love me as I am. I've tried so hard to be good.

It's a bit on the nose tho. Who refers to their mother by first name

I have seen lots of "movies women cannot understand" ITT

do you have something that involve women

I am man so I don't pretend to understand female psyche.

Save my mom " ok whats her name"

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

I never understood this. This songhas the most views of anything on YT I think. Now, for better or for worse I saw all the Fast and the Furious movies pretty much as they were released. But i just don't get why people cried so much about this. Was it fake? Did people actually care that much about Paul Walker? I mean I get it when people cried about Carrie Fisher. But there's no way Paul Walker actually had that much of an impact. I have a feeling that it's because this film appeals so much to brain-damaged audiences. Think anyone who, regardless of their race, be they white, asian, black, hispanic, or whatever, deliberately choose to act "ghetto" and "hood". You know the type I'm talking about. The kind that's always on their phones and like to act like they're thugs but can't hold their own in an actual fight for shit's worth, even if they're actually buff. The kind that identify with Dom Toretto and act like they're actually a real-life version of him. I've noticed that this happens in Bollywood a lot. People in India fucking worship actors, wear the costumes they wear in their films, get their goddamn hair cut like them and talk about them as though they're fucking relatives. It's pathetic.

The scene in Ben-Hur where he speaks to his mother at the Leper colony.

Also Big Fish.

Paul Walker was a very likeable guy who actually did a lot of humanitarian work. Always came off as humble and respectful in interviews.

He didn't have an amazing filmography and was only really known for F&F though.

I don't know if him and Vin were actually really good friends or if that was just staged for good PR. There was a webm I saw of Tyrese Gibson crying at a memorial for him and it looked pretty genuine to me.

So not an iconic actor, but just a good guy.

Imagine a 16 or so year old going to watch the first Fast and Furious movie in the theaters, and seeing every single one when they released. They grow up with the series, and grow up with the protagonist of the films. Now imagine how that person would feel if they found out that the actor who played the main character in their favorite film series died.

Paul Walker has been with the series for 12 years. That's 12 years that the 16 year old has been watching the movies for. These movies and Walker's character could have inspired the 16 year old to get into cars and JDM culture, it could have inspired him to choose what he studied or what he takes up as a trade and career. These movies could have heavily influenced his life, and to hear that the man who brought a character who impacted you this much is dead would definitely be a shock.

Now apply this 16 year old kid to an entire generation, and you have an explanation to why the song is so popular.

Your wife moaned like a whore as they ravaged her
Cucked

I mean honestly "save my mom" would have been enough. Just "save my mom" and then go into the montage of feels. Sure, some normies would cry and bitch about how Batman killed other guys with moms. But there's an easy answer to that, and that's that he's never been as emotionally charged about anything as he is in that moment that he's about to rekt Superman.

Man of Steel has little annoyances like this too. Zod pushes a gas tanker at Superman and he just hops over it and strikes a badass pose while it explodes behind him and downs a goddamn building that probably had at least a few poeple in it. Then he turns around for a brief second to look at the wreckage with the most "meh, whatever" look on his face. It would've cost nothing to have him try to stop the tanker. Shit have it explode and show him emerging from the flames or something if you just want an excuse for cool hero shots. But having him be apathetic about that building getting obliterated is literally the only wrong choice and that's the one they went with. The film isn't trash but if it requires mental gymnastics to defend then it isn't good either.

>would've cost nothing to have him try to stop the tanker
He was not Superman at that point, he was a numale with powers.

youtube.com/watch?v=r8U9NB0OIlk
I only ever watched The Pacific once, but fuck me if this didn't make me howl like a bitch.

A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?

Adding more:

BvS was much more convoluted so there isn't an easy fix. But I really wish the confrontation leading up to the last fight started off better. The whole "Bruce, there's no time!" sequence had such shittily delievered lines. I mean it wasn't Stuckmann tier but it wasn't gold either.

I don't think they needed "Martha" said aloud. But shit, I would've rather seen Batman bring the spear close to his face and say some corny shit like "any last words?" or something of that sort that actually sounds badass, and have Superman say, "just take my body to my mother. Don't let them stow me away in a lab somewhere. Take me to my mother." and then have Batman have his flashbacks and heel-face turn.

As for Doomsday I think he should have been used by lex in third world countires like the one at the start to destroy small villages and shit with lazer beams and other attacks that would clearly make it look like Superman was going around playing God and leaving innocents dead in his wake, instead of the gunfight massacre they have that doesn't really look like it was done by Superman. Like imagine blurry shaky phone camera footage of a figure exploding through villages or landing and creating craters and letting out heat vision blasts. Then Lex has some kryptonite bullshit to control him. Bats and Supes fight takes place closer to middle of story and Bats is just out to kill Supes, no mother held hostage or Lex trying to get them to fight. Then once they've had the fight and gone through the "hand over my body to my mother so she can bury me with my father" moment and Bats doesn't kill him, show Lex meddling in the spacecraft to learn more. Show him actually accessing files on Darkseid and the other Gods and going crazy with all tis cosmic knowledge. Without him, there's no one to control Doomsday and then Bats and Supes team up to fight Doomsday. Wonder Woman optional. Supes can still die but Bats is hopeful now. Idk just a thought.

huh didn't know about that first part. Thanks for posting user. He did seem kinda humble I'll give him that. But yeah Hwood so who knows? might be PR

Truly sadkino. That movie wrecked me.