Emojishit makes 10 mil on one day

Emojishit makes 10 mil on one day.

Currently listening to ME talking about this and apparently Sony's picture department bet on THIS piece of shit to save the company. Yes really.

Apparently it's made so much on product placement and it's cost so little it'll end up making money despite the 0% RT.

Is it literally impossible to make something so stupid people won't watch it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_American
youtube.com/watch?v=r2XO5i59wUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whats the demographic going to see this trash? Middle-aged housewives? Gen Z?

I'm in college. My retarded friends went to opening night for the lols, so I'm pretty sure people seeing it ironically is why it's making money

>Currently listening to ME
??

Normies

It had a budget of 50 million, it'll be pretty easy to break even
It was a cynical cash grab to make a few bucks, you should know that Sony does this when funds get low

WOMEN
CHILDREN
THE GLOBAL MARKET

You'll never see a perfect movie again because of these things

>Apparently it's made so much on product placement
this sounds pretty ominous for the future of movies
Powerade-Man v. Gateorade-man, featuring the Pepsicovengers, coming to a kinoplex near you.

Ostensibly kids but I really don't know.

I don't want to mention their channel lest I be accused of advertising for them. If you already know what it is you know what I'm talking about. If not it's not really relevant.

>It was a cynical cash grab to make a few bucks, you should know that Sony does this when funds get low

Oh yes, that's clear. What I didn't know is that this is all tied to the Sony leaks and fallout after our old friend Amy Pascal.

Sony studios is tanking. They were even talking about selling off the branch, or integrating it with the videogame division (which is like throwing an anchor around their neck at sea). But apparently their two big hail mary's are Spoodermon and this piece of shit. This is what's going to save their film studio, according to the merchants.

I'd laugh but like I said, it's going to make money, so maybe the last laugh is on us?

>this sounds pretty ominous for the future of movies
>Powerade-Man v. Gateorade-man, featuring the Pepsicovengers

Have you ever watched really old TV? I liked Twilight Zone's original run so I went hunting for Playhouse 90 episodes - the show Serling wrote for before TZ.

Back then it was literally "the Ajax brand hour presented by Chesterfield cigarettes". So really we're going backwards.

And don't forget nostalgia glasses has apparently blinded people to the fact that things like Transformers were already in their origin created to sell plastic crap to kids. Pokemon exists because of merch. "They're ruining Power Rangers" was said in homage of a show that not only sold crap to kids, but was only half western at all, the action was cut in from the original series.

We're headed into some bad times for entertainment, that much is clear.

I bought a ticket to see if it was deserving of an 6% on Rotten Tomatoes, it is

I would unironically watch pepsimsn movie. PSX pepsiman game was top tier

What was the good 6%?

>Is it literally impossible to make something so stupid people won't watch it?
Valerian just came out last week.

We're getting closer

They said it was meh and it was probably right
The movie is a huge circlejerk, pretty sure it ahould be at least 30-40%

Valerian was amazing but the only the highly intelligent could appreciate it.

FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

How pissed must not-Seth Rogen be after ditching his turning-to-shit-but-still-in-good-will HBO gig for this.

He'll be all smiles when they announce a sequel and he gets a bigger paycheck for the next one.

its going to make money becuase mommys and daddys can take their snot nose kids to go see it so they dont have to talk to their kid for 2hours if its shit or good they dont care its a 2hr mental break for them they will pay it

Pretty much this, wide-release films that are family-friendly cartoons always get some audience from the family that's at the mall with their brats and they want to "see a movie." It's like ordering a value meal at a drive thru, they're not looking at RT scores. All it is is what time is it on and can the kids watch it.

dubs of truth

>What is this expression trying to convey?
He looks a little flustered to me, and that shit on his shirt is weird. Here's what I think happened.

(as you may know jack (jacksfilms) was at the premiere, and this is part of the story)

>Sir Patrick Stewart
>On the way to the premiere of his most recent film, The Emoji Movie
>Outside the car, the weather looked hot. The sun was shining, but to an old man it was a threatening presence
>The air conditioner worked fine, but he needed air fast
>After what seemed like an eternity, and for all Patrick knew might have been, they arrived
>Instead of going to the photographers as usual, he made a dash for the nearest portable toilet
>Once inside, he removed his coat and shirt, exposing his torso, which was drenched with sweat
>He felt like he was about to suffer from heat stroke, but he breathed deeply, allowing his chest to expand slowly
>Although he was old, he was a man of health, and he admired his physical form
>he relaxed, and closed his eyes
>But he had left the door unlocked, and it was only a matter of time before...
>Jack Douglass of Jacksfilms burst through the door while unzipping his fly
>Jack raised his eyebrows into the vast realm of his forehead at the sight of Pat's half naked body
>They stared surprisedly, angrily, scaredly
>and deeply
>They both knew that they sensed a connection to the other
>Instead of running away, Jack greeted himself
>H-hi!
>Still reaching for his words, Pat began to speak
>Uhh, hello son, what are you doing?
>Ohhh, so sorry, just... staring... Replied Jack
>After all these years of seeing you on television, I never thought I'd come this close
>Neither did I, said patrick. I lead a very lonely life
>Maybe I could do something to alleviate your pain, suggested a sweaty and horny Jack, yet again raising his eyebrows into his enormous fucking forehead.
>They leaned in so close to each other that they could feel the winds of each other's breath dance on their lips

Cont. next post

The rest

>Their mouths connected and their hearts flew
>Neither had ever done such a thing
>Jack had to go further
>So did Pat
>there was no denial of their sexual urges at this point, and Jack moved one pale hand into Patrick’s pants, beneath his undergarments
>He felt his palm connect with Patrick’s throbbing rod of meat, which must have been 10 inches and fully erect
>Jack’s fingers crept around the width of it, and he slid his shaking hand up and down the shaft
>Patrick let out unstable moans of pleasure
>Jack was so unsure of himself, and didn’t know what to do
>He continued though…
>F-faster Jack! Jerk my cock!
>Jack obeyed the older man’s command, and increased the speed of his movement, Jack felt his skin rubbing against every vein and bump of Pat’s meat train
>Patrick’s orgasm was coming soon, and he announced it
>Jack I’m coming! He moaned
>Jack was far too afraid, it was to end here
>He ran out the door of the toilet just as Patrick was blowing his enormous load
>His cock dangled around without support, and his jizz splashed back into his shirt and on the ground
>A single tear rolled down his cheek as he made any attempt he could to clean up the mess
>Some stains remained, but he exited the small toiler hoping nobody would notice
>On the carpet Pat saw T.J miller in a tailor made emoji suit in front of the camera, looking like a fucking idiot
>Miller beckoned for Patrick to come closer so the photographers could continue
>Pat stepped into the picture and the camera flashed as Miller held up some autistic emoji mask
>The camera man packed up his equipment, and Miller leaned in to whisper in Patrick’s ear…
>What the fuck is on your shirt dude?

goddamn SIR patrick stewart
at least put on a clean shirt
even TJ made an effort
what would the queen think of your faggotry?

bump for discussion

satanic trips

It's fucking hilarious that this question even has to come up on Sup Forums. This is obviously made and marketed for CHILDREN. It's astounding how manchildren in their 20s and 30s are whining and bitching about an animated movie made for CHILDREN. muh hollywood is making le stupid movies. muh why won't they make smart movies for le smart me!! reeeeeeee!

>Defending The Emoji movie

>Emojishit makes 10 mil on one day.
Is it a lot? I've completely lost sense of scale.

>Is it literally impossible to make something so stupid people won't watch it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_American

Worst wide opening of all time. Per theater average of 128 dollars.

Kids movies pretty much always make money. People just take their kids to whatever shit is out, which is why you had people complaining because they took their kids because that's just what some people do on the weekends, they go to the movies because whatever.

We need to be selective with what we pay for. It makes me sad, because going to the drive-in with my family is one of my favorite things, but I'm not going just to go unless there is something worth seeing, so I've hardly been all summer.

>because they took their kids to Deadpool
I had a serious brain fart.

Anyone here actually see this movie?
Is /ourguy/ in it?

Confirmed KINO, all the plebs hated it!!

Quick question: Was this movie made for the FANS or the CRITICS?

Someone took their baby to that Robocop remake... that was at 10:30 at night.

Isn't that just the plot of the Lego movie?

Has Armond made his review yet?

Third World and poor people with 10 kids

Babies are dumb as shit, they don't even know where they are

Not when is screaming it's head off whenever there was an action scene and if you saw the Robocop reboot, you know how many action scenes there were.

It sullied the experience even more because it was a movie my dad wanted to see after visiting me.

>inb4 10/10 better than Citizen Kane

Look at what's playing right now for younger kids. It's pretty much just Despicable Me 3 and The Emoji Movie. Despicable Me 3 has been out for over a month (not to mention that Minions are kind of old and played out at this point), and won't have a lot of showings (if your local theater hasn't already phased it out yet, which is very likely). This means that, if you want to take your little kids to watch a movie (and you probably do since it's summer vacation, they've got nothing to do, and watching a movie is a nice, air conditioned way to spend an afternoon), your only choice is essentially The Emoji Movie.

"But what about Homecoming or Wonder Woman?" Those movies are PG-13 and a bit much for younger children. Even then, those movies have also been out for quite a while.

"But but what about the bad ratings?" Parents don't care. It's not like little kids have refined tastes. They're going to like The Emoji Movie even though some manchild reviewer online shit his diapers over it.

"But but but society is crumbling because of the Emoji Movie!" You need to get over the fact that not every movie is going to be made for you, you fucking autistic manchild. You're not going to like everything put out there because you aren't always the target audience. This thing was made for younger kids. Let them enjoy their dumbfun.

I hate Sony, I think they make terrible movies, but they played it smart here. They saw a hole in the market and they filled it. If it pays off and they make a lot of money off this, hey, good for them.

The problem is that it creates a thing for people to go "Hey, we don't need to put effort in, it's a kids film right?" when some films which were targeted to kids have some great moments that everyone can enjoy. Remember G means "General" as in everyone.

>IMDB is just a place to rate movies and not a place for actual discussion anymore

Such a waste of space

You could also just watch Frozen again instead. Anyone that brings their kid to this movie should be arrested for child abuse.

Just because it's a kid's movie doesn't mean it should get a free pass for being shitty.

Or Moana, or just about anything else.

GF works in cinema and she said every showing was full.

Never underestimate plebs and normies.

>Apparently it's made so much on product placement
It only came out on friday, they can't have noticed any affects by now, and what could they possibly be placing which kids can afford but will save this movie for Sony?

Do you think advertisers pay for placement AFTER seeing results?
If it's true that it has product placement, they should have already cashed out during pre-production.

This is a Sony movie, I bet most of the products in it are their own, and one branch of Sony paying another won't save the company.

You obviously care.

Don't think Sony owns Instagram, Twitter, Dropbox, Candy Crush, etc.

corn syrup aspartame soft drinks

You don't need to put a whole lot of effort into a kids movie. Again, little kids don't have sophisticated palates. You can take them out for fine dining and they're going to want chicken mcnuggets instead. This movie is the film equivalent of chicken mcnuggets. Getting pissed that it exists only serves to show how immature you are that you can't grasp the idea of "other people."

>child abuse
You're overreacting over a kid's movie. Get over it.

finally a movie i can like

Valerian BTFO

When was the last time Sony had an actual hit? Their inability to bank on the superhero meme has been painful

Gen Snowflake. Apparently it's liberal minded

Are you just making shit up then? Because other than the game with in-game purchases, none of them would have anything to gain from advertising, are already more famous than this movie and don't accept users who are the age of people this movie is supposedly aimed at.

Baby Driver.

That was just distributed by Sony, they didn't fund or make it.

And it's their latest hit they made money off of.

If you want to know something else, ask a different question.

At 4:20 he talks about most of the product placement.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2XO5i59wUg

TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK.

Dunno about this but valerian was the second best capeshit i've seen in recent history. Welcome to big market..

It's harder to sell themselves as an advertising space when even if you spend $10 million on the full-page adverts and amazing score, the plebs can still talk about how the film is completely crap at the bottom of the page.

Not their latest hit you mong

Pokemon was an RPG first. They didn't even start all the pikachu whoring until the anime took off, but that fact that they still market him when they're like 8 generations in does say something

>Anna Faris
>One of the most humourless, unattractive actresses in showbiz
>Married to Chris Pratt
>One of the most attractive and humourous guy in showbiz that has a sweet deal with Marvel and now probably considered a sex symbol

How does this happen?