Is mad men the best tv show of all time? If not, give me suggestions. I swear if all I see is sopranos and breaking bad...

Is mad men the best tv show of all time? If not, give me suggestions. I swear if all I see is sopranos and breaking bad, I will kill myself. No anime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdY2MnDm48w
google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZw9vZg7HVAhVDF5QKHbI3D34QtwIIJjAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BdPxCyge4&usg=AFQjCNEdD9pYysT-YUltDep1dP1EEZ_ULA
youtube.com/watch?v=N9BdPxCyge4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

L O S T

sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad sopranos and breaking bad

Go back

Lost is a piece of shit

>liking a soap opera for neckbeards
just kill yourself anyway

>breaking bad
Go back

No, you go back.

Mad Men has always been hailed by Sup Forums as one of the greatest shows ever, on par with (or right behind, depending on who you ask) The Sopranos.

Yes.

Sopranos, The Wire

Boku no Pico is the best show

You're a piece of shit

I never got the appeal of mad men and I love sopranos, wire, rome, deadwood, breaking bad, whatever is there out of "mature" shows. They were full of suspense and stuff happening, all the characters interacting with each other and the intervened story, this one just seemed like you are supposed to get wet over how cool the main character is (and he is, not gonna deny it) and care about endless dramas about who's banging who with short segments of MC past in-between. Depiction of a time period is pretty neat but kinda in-the-face sometimes, with the music and all that, too theatrical for my liking. But I lasted for about a season or something so what do I know.
You should try whatever I listed in the beginning, I doubt you'll get many more new names in this thread.

Wrong

Even more wrong

>Deadwood
>stuff happening
Even Madmen has more stuff happening than Deadwood. By far

Turbopleb

The wire is my favorite but it has couple weak seasons, which are still better than any muh sopranos breaking bad garbage.

idk man, mad men is just so layered compared to those other shows. But I think I'll give some of them a shot

Babylon 5

Each of them is layered, especially sopranos and wire, you can't get more layered than wire, just the sheer amount of subplots and characters over all seasons (which are developing sometimes independently, sometimes in relation with each other) is unparalleled, and everything still kinda flows into the main thing in end.

>You're a whore

Was he right about her?

Josiah Bartlet has a message for you, OP.

Mad Men is basically a soap opera for men, instead of the girl who marries the rich guy or the hamdsome guy we had Chad Thundercock fucking the most beautiful women he comes across
This is a good thing though, i love Mad Men

But Deadwood takes place in the Wild West where all the characters own guns and people occasionally die, so that was enough to keep his interest apparently.

The best (American) dramas of all time are sopranos, deadwood, wire, and 6 feet under. Honorable mentions to better call saul and the new twin peaks. Goliath was also pretty damn great.

Not the same guy, but eh...I view The Wire as one of the best shows of all time etc. However I think in contrast to Sopranos and especially Mad Men, it is complex in an obvious, explicit, rather than in an implicit way. Meaning it's the sheer sum of its parts and the scope of the model it builds, as well as the different areas it weaves together, that make it complex. It seems to me like the different layers and individual aspects of that show are more obvious and easier to pin down and dissect than with Mad Men for instance. They're not really comparable anyway, since they're pretty much polar opposites in scale and subject matter.

The pilot is masterful and one of the most influential episodes of tv ever but there's too many bad episodes in season 2 for it to be the best show. Too early to judge season 3.

>dude what do the numbers mean lmal
Lindelof is a terrible fucking writer who made shit up as he went and the fact that we have mongoloids who defend him on Sup Forums actually makes me sad
Stop

I love twin peaks probably more than mad men, but it's too flawed

I don't think there's a single gunfight in deadwood. People like it because the dialogue and acting are phenomenal aside from bullocks, the characters are interesting, and it's wonderful to look at.

You are correct, wire portrays intricacies of a system, soprano and mad men study a small group of people

youtube.com/watch?v=YdY2MnDm48w

Bad episodes weren't done by Lynch. All the episodes he's done are kino

Season 3 is my favorite season of television of all time so far, I've never enjoyed a show so much

Hello

I'm skeptical because cinemax. Is this actually a great show or is it breaking bad "great"?

It is. Give up.

I also thought the same until I watched Sopranos, now both are tied as my favorite. If you are like me and watched MadMen and though it was the best thing ever, give Sopranos a shot if you havent already.

>The West Wing
>Aaron Sorkin
dropped

How old are you that you saw mad men before soprano?

>I don't think there's a single gunfight in deadwood
What is Hearst going full Columbine on the guy that married Molly Parker's character in the end of season 3!?

>People like it because the dialogue
Yeah, they say cocksucker, amirite!?

>the characters are interesting
Most of them are cliches, the only interesting ones are Sol, the hotel keeper, the doctor, wild bill and hearst. You know, the ones who aren't agressive just for the sake of being agressive and to keep plebs interested on the show

It's great, I think Soderbergh's best work.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Person of Interest
The Sopranos

Its definitely worth watching. Good period piece just a level below Deadwood.

Probably the only thing that lets it down is the forced diversity and racial drama, but it's a very small criticism.

this. only plebs that prefer to have everything spoon fed to them will disagree

Clive Owen is amazing, writing is pretty great and medical stuff are actually accurate, complaints like forced diversity are irrelevant as they are addressed in the show. Actually might be Soderbergh's best work.

I did this too, I'm 19

T H E L E F T O V E R S

Are you talking about the airing years? Not everyone lives in a place where decent shows are aired, or watches television at all.

The Sopranos is the pinnacle of television, closely followed by The Wire.

So far...Legion.

fraiser, stargate,the wire. that 70's show, sopranos,little house on the praire.

Fuck off.

You can ad the Simpsons to that.

10 or so great seasons is still double what most shows can pull off.

>capeshit show
Worst post in the whole thread.

My grandpa was a mad men. He worked for an ad agency, fucked his secretaries, smoked all day, drank all day and was in WW2. My mom just recently found out she had a half-sister from one of the secretaries he fucked, p neat shit. I wish I could have known more about him, he died when I was like 8.

I got bored of mad men after season 3. It was just the same shit over and over. I will admit those first 3 seasons were Kino as fuck though.

impeccable artstyle, genius OST and moral dilemma in this one.

Holy fuck that picture is cringe. That's some comedycemetery material.

yes. yes it is.

i rewatch it every year and every time i do, i discover something new and fascinating

I honestly wish Rome had a couple more seasons. Having only 1 full season with a very rushed second season definitely hurt it in my ranking.

1. Mad Men
2. Rome
3. The Sopranos

p.s. Breaking Bad is shit

it's definitely up there, season 1 drags on at times but it still had amazing moments. Every Matt episode is kino. Every Nora episode is Kino. International assassin and the season 3 equivalent are some of the best episodes of anything ever. And holy fuck this scene is so good i cant stop watching it
google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZw9vZg7HVAhVDF5QKHbI3D34QtwIIJjAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BdPxCyge4&usg=AFQjCNEdD9pYysT-YUltDep1dP1EEZ_ULA

bad link
youtube.com/watch?v=N9BdPxCyge4

>ukrainian flag
What did they mean by this?

Mad Men and The Prisoner are the most valid answer for the best TV show ever. And it's no surprise that Mad Men features a clip of The Prisoner in one of its episodes.

>Too early to judge season 3.
No, it's not. The rest of the season could be anything at all - sweeping, otherworldy whooshing, someone sitting silently in the lodge, a black screen - and the season would be incredible.

LOST
The Leftovers

im not even lindelof i swear

>ctrl+f "The Americans"
>0 results found
I haven't seen season 5 yet but there is no way that it ruins the perfection of the first 4 seasons.

Go eat your breakfast, Damon.

The Wire without doubt. It's literally the only legit answer. It's only flaw is that it's self importance can shine through a bit

Rewatching it again for like the 4th time. Though I'm mainly skipping all of the personal shit. More interested in the office work/interactions and some of the personal stuff directly related to the office or the meetings and kinds of interactions f the 60's when they go out.