JSA Storytime: Outsiders

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

I see someone's been a right asshole today. Thanks for making me resize the images, fucker.

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/civil-war-ii-is-ruining-captain-marvel-1785466259
twitter.com/shanley/status/767094006908014592
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah I really don't get that user. Crab bucket mentality? IDK.

I saw them do it with another storytimer. I guess they don't like the regular threads or something.

The whole spin on these threads started from someone using the word "shitlord" because it's a tumblr-associated term now.

Why can't they just let people have their fun, and go enjoy someone being dragged on Twitter for going on a serious rant about "appropriating the word Daddy"?

I had an user who just left a punch of links to Hudlin's Black Panther during Priest's.

what happened?

Wait what happened??

I was gonna make a joke about appropriating daddy. :(

That's kind of funny if it was just one post though.

Now that's mean

I saw that tweet thread. I still can't tell if it's a joke or not, some people really are that dumb

Tfw you never got a drawfag to do this with Cyborg leaving to join Titans

io9.gizmodo.com/civil-war-ii-is-ruining-captain-marvel-1785466259

>My last real attachment to Captain Marvel was during the Kelly Sue DeConnick-written run from a few years back. I know that cape comics characters’ personalities change according to the whims of storylines and writers but it’s hard to square this version of Carol with the thoughtful warrior from that previous iteration. (It’s also a curious direction to take the character who’ll be starring in Marvel’s first female-led movie adaptation.)

This article is pretty much everything I wanted out of CWII

Diana look so hurt.

It's the phrasing of the opening post too.

my favorite storytime shitpost was the guy who storytimed Red Son just for a BvS review joke

well that's just bants

wow, what the fuck?

Oh shit what the hell? I saw someone do that to X user too. People are scary and dumb.

It's why I eventually stopped namefagging

Shanley fucked weev, imagine having THAT on your permanent record.

I dunno if I'm more annoyed or flattered, because yeah, it's right on

*clicks*

>"appropriating the word Daddy"?
I'm sorry what?

Well there's also the guy who posts in every one of my threads "I'M NOT A FAGGOT DAD!" but we've got faganon here who doesn't cause any trouble aside from the one thread, so I just make a joke reply whenever there's an attractive woman on the page.

I want CW2 to desperately be Marvel's Convergence and marvel nower to be their DCYou

>Well there's also the guy who posts in every one of my threads "I'M NOT A FAGGOT DAD!"
But that's hilarious. Like I haven't even seen it and it's making me laugh.

I'm fine with memery, this was just some fuckup being a little bitch.

I don't see how it doesn't happen at this point, but Marvel sales have surprised me before I guess

twitter.com/shanley/status/767094006908014592

this is being ROUNDLY mocked by everyone on Twitter, including @dick_nixon.

oh man, Woobie Batman is such a change

It's just turned into an attention grab anyway. Tbf this made me cringe more than the actual tweets:
>In Ovid's "Metamorphoses" we see the first "daddy" though the story of Myrrah and Cinyras. It's not appropriation.

I expect Marvel Now & Again to sell perfectly well, despite the lack of hype and antipathy towards CWII

>nufans getting a taste of NOT MUH

too bad it's Bendis so I can't pretend like it's fully good

Oh, totally, but I'm there for the 0.1% of the draggings that are funny, as well as the weird sense of "THIS is what finally gets X taken to the cleaners"?

But DCYou had good books.

Oh Katana. Your poor costume...

The infighting of left Twitter is crazy. Very 60s

Wait what? Who did what with my name now? Yes, I'm not dead

People can be weirdly obsessive with shitposting. I've seen people trying to figure out tripcodes just so they can shitpost as Boco or Redwood or whoever.

>someone's sleeping on the couch tonight

it's really vicious

I'm not even complaining, I'm just pointing out that there's acceptable bantz, and then there's falseflagging an entire thread.

Am I the only one weirded out by chicks using "daddy" in sexual contexts? I don't think my gf would appreciate me calling her "mommy".

That sword is fucking huge

I really like the @dick_nixon account because of the mix of crazies that comment on it.

I had a long exhausting day, so let's read an issue or two, and then I gotta try to Get Some Other Shit Done

Have you ever tried tho user?

how DARE people use a word in a way it wasn't originally intended!

>People can be weirdly obsessive with shitposting. I've seen people trying to figure out tripcodes just so they can shitpost as Boco or Redwood or whoever.
it's a weird mindset

Some dude posted a few pages of an issue with the name and racist/sexist/etc comments and the bounced

That's always fun. I remember seeing a bunch of people complain about someone getting banned and I looked at their page, looked just like a g****g***r

it's weird to me unless it is part of daddy kink, like it seems odd in vanilla contexts

I don't think that's a controversial opinion.

I love @dick_nixon because he really does have the cadences and figures of speech down, and he's got some insightful things to say from the persona as well.

I still feel dirty because I did once laugh at a M*lo tweet about a prominent twitter lefty/anti-GGer

it was also a flop and nobody outside of Sup Forums really cared about it

You can fret about this shit all you want but ultimately, your kink is your kink. Some people get off on it and that's enough.

Hey welcome back storyteller.

But as a Canadian it is my patriotic duty to spend tonight watching the Tragically Hip's (probably) last concert, and I'm going to end coming in and reading this alone with myself later.

Most Civil War tie-ins aren't bad. If you just ignored the main event it'd be pretty okay with the Hulk tie ins being good and all the one offs being great as far as I've read.

Ummm, previous page, that map of Markovia? Ummm....that's....that's really not Eastern Europe...in fact, that part of the world is really fucking flat...

But like
Why

I have no fucking idea how Tara would fit in all of this.

hey yo so are you all flooded? we're apparently about to be!

>and nobody outside of Sup Forums really cared about it
Seriously. reviews weren't great, comic news sites weren't talking about the high quality, nobody but Sup Forums remembers(or even noticed in the first palce0 that DCYou had a lot of good shit.

what's wrong with quiche, it's just egg pie

They also seemed to go real quick to just pumping rebirth up and stop pushing dcyou

This rebirth stuff seems to be getting a stronger push

>Batdickery: The Cover

it rained a lot this morning (I woke up at 5 or so because it was raining so hard and the sky was a weird orangey/yellow color?) but not enough for flooding

>I never asked for that, Superman! I never wanted men to imitate me -- only fear me!
>You must come with me! Only my science can turn the tide!

This already has some great quotes desu

This is weird

One problem is that the arc of comics sales is practically never up, so it was very quickly apparently that DCYou was going over like a lead balloon. And despite our wishes and the hopes of Progressive Comics Twitter, they still need monthly sales to fund the engine that gets comics made. I've seen so many people assume that anything can be done digitally for nothing, which makes me wanna say "So do you pay the artist???"

>real quick
Not really. It was an entire year of DCYou, user but sales and by the end of taht eyar sales were really really really low for DC. And Rebirth isn't getting a betetr push, it's just that news sites and old fans that make youtueb videos noticed that it's a return to same old same old and have hyped it up. Despite what Sup Forums likes to say, DCYou had a great promo campaign with the free 8 pagers, but people just weren't interested in even trying something free from DC at that point because "hur hur DC is such a mess"

Everybody should read this, it is one of the few good Batfamily books.

Nah, rained really hard for awhile and then just stopped and turned sunny again.

I was pretty sure it would flood today since I could barely drive home last night.

it feels like DCyou caught a lot of the tail end of the weird anti-DC note a lot of comic sites had for ages, it feels like DCyou caught a lot of shit for no reason

interest in Rebirth seemed higher right off the bat

I think Convergence being so shitty and and underwhelming overall was a terrible lead in to DCYou too, so that harshed its sales even early on

Shit, that could be Virman. They really got oddball generals west of Luxembourg.

So many people missed those 8-pagers, though. You learn, marketing, just how low and direct you have to aim shit to get it through.

>I've seen so many people assume that anything can be done digitally for nothing, which makes me wanna say "So do you pay the artist???"
I think a lot of discussion like that is just waiting for the current model to break.

I feel like by issue 4 Rebirth was like called dead and had gone over horrible.

Lotta progressive Twitter seems to have off ideas about comics production (which to be fair most fans have)

Yeah dc learned from the 8 pagers to just stretch them out a few pages, charge 2.99 for it, and slap a #1 on it before the actual #1

And it worked!

Convergence was a mistake. I don't know why they couldn't just tell a proper event. Or find a way to publish the normal ongoings during those two months.

(this brought to you by brutal experience of how many people miss it when you say "TWO BOXES TAKE BOTH" for items)

There's also a lot of clueless whinging about how Euro/JP markets are so much healthier, which yes and no, but they're also structured so differently from the start.

i'm still a little surprised how many people missed them, they were easily available online!

DC probably should have actually collected those, putting like 4-5 of them in one floppy and selling it for 2.99 would have probably gotten more people reading them

They advertised that shit everywhere though and they're still available now to read for free. And they were also inserted in those Convergence minis too so... yeah, I'm sure a lot of people didn't even bother trying them out even though they were fee because "fuck DC" but there were plenty that tried them and said "this isn't the greatest thing I've ever read fuck you DC"

I should be less butthurt it took Wally to actually save DC

Yes please.

Lol

>My last real attachment to Captain Marvel was during the Kelly Sue DeConnick-written run
>thoughtful warrior
I'm dying here.

OP is a faggot.

That was wonderful.

>aside from the one thread,
What'd I do?

>an AUTOMOBILE!
It's 1985.

sad but true, so many aimless Rebirth one-shots

Also "New 52 is edgy and bad and killed continuity" became such a meme that people who didn't ever even read DC believed it.

I saw so many people interested in Rebirth just because they heard "they're finally ending New 52!"

>Euro/Japan

You don't think we can have sweatshops of artists??

There's always a weird mentality where a lot of people read "free" as "if it wasn't worth selling for money it's probably not worth reading"

and a lot of people thought they were the first 8 pages of upcoming issues instead of new/unique material

Yes please, sure, except a lot of the discussion about the model breaking assumes hopefully assumes certain things too.

You're probably right. Weird how people would rather pay for something rather than get it for free.

Only a couple of Rebirth issues were worth reading. How do you work out whether they were valuable as a jump-on? A lot of the readers you were attracting were probably former DC readers.

>I've seen so many people assume that anything can be done digitally for nothing, which makes me wanna say "So do you pay the artist???"
That and OGNs
Keep seeing people say "just do OGNs and forget the floppy model!" and I'm just sitting here like remember when DC, Vertigo, AND Marvel have done OGNs, and all of them but the Earth One books have not done too hot. Vertigo OGNs in particular bombed so they stopped doing them before Vertigo was completely dead.
it takes a well known character, a star writer, and a somewhat well known artist for an OGN to do really well

I read a thing a kindle smut author wrote about how 99c stories are less likely to sell than a 2.99 or 3.99 story because "you get what you pay for" is such a widespread mindset

Seriously disappointed that 8 page previews didn't become a regular thing. Hell, 2 page previews could work.

Not in Eastern Europe, it's not!

People are psychologically conditioned in our consumerist society to believe that 'free' means 'worthless'.

I lost it darn it. What was it?

if we had health insurance not tied to jobs it'd be easier to have artist sweatshops :(

>Seriously disappointed that 8 page previews didn't become a regular thing. Hell, 2 page previews could work.
if they'd been effective at all they'd probably still be doing them, but as it was they were probably just a waste of time

The artists must sieze the means of production

Hey guys, Batman's parents are dead.

Smaller stories are also very good practice for writers.

>and a lot of people thought they were the first 8 pages of upcoming issues instead of new/unique material

This is actually why I didn't read them. I hate reading previews and just figured that's what these were.

>My name is Stud
I bet it is ;3

>probably just a waste of time
And money. Writers/artists didn't do them for free...

Along that line, yeah.

Plus they could just have fun with the concept, like Giffen and DeMatties did with Hero Squared.