What the fuck? Why did he do that?

What the fuck? Why did he do that?

what is this? is that a blue body in the background? look like guy nipples.

To better allow the viewer to self-insert.

He didn't wanna go home with a hard-on

Fucking weaboo

he was horny
and fucked up

yea, never shake hands with spiderman

Because the show was written and directed by a half-deranged narcissist who tried to turn a s rise about giant robots into a muddled mess of theological and psychological themes that made absolutely no sense.

Admit it, you would do it too.

>a series about giant robots

Complain about the themes all you want but the core of Evangelion was literally never about the robots.

is this the most reddit film ever created? even gotg has nothing on it

I would have fucking raped her instead.

so it would create a bookends with the first episode where he did the same thing with blood. don't ask the logical reason for why it happens in the show, don't do that with evangelion

because hes so fucked up

WHERE THE FUCK IS REBUILD 4.0 FUCKING ANNO ITS BEEN LIKE 5 YEARS

After watching 3.0 I'm not sure if I want it.

>yfw 4.0 somehow fixes all the shit that was in 1-3 and becomes the most kino experience in the entire franchise

Oh I'd go much, much further if you catch my drift.

literally what the fuck is Anno's problem? here is the new teaser

>Sorry kid that I couldn't come to your baseball game, but I was busy saving the world
>Let me make it up to you by teaching you how to steer this giant robot. Imagine, you could be a hero!
>Oh you don't have a place to stay? No problem champ. Live with this totally hot woman who is likely to pull out if you asked her to.
>Not your taste? Well here, live with that introverted girl who I would totally bang if she was a little older. We produce them in bulk by the way.
>If you don't like that, we have this feisty redhead here
>I HATE YOU DAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
What did he mean by this?

Anno taking the piss out of his otaku manchild fanbase.

I too enjoy webcomics

>it's real
hes so fucking lazy, that chicken scribbles is the best he can do?

Simple but strangely enough, it's all you need to get the Eva feel from it - the sky, the red water, the utility pole. This imagery is everywhere in the show and the other movies.

And I surely enjoy anime with protagonists so beta they would break reality.

That's not how it went. At all. Not even close. Not even similar.
Why would anyone go to the internet just to lie?

What I wonder is how do you fap with your right hand and cum all over it.

Eva is just a mecha show with more realistic adolescent pilots.

Ultimately it's about living with clinical depression, it's not hard to understand at all.

Apparently the scene was suppossed to be a fuck you to the fans that lust after 14 years old characters.

Needless to say it didnĀ“t work.

>You are the only one who can save the world with this robot
>I can't. I can't. I'm so weak, I'm r9k.

FUCK THIS WHINY CUNT ! I would literally kill him if I saw him. Fucking omega manlet.

buildings waifu's is hard and you're likely to get covered in glue

He is an alpha. He just didn't want to pilot the EVA to piss his beta oneitis deadbeat dad. He waited until Rei was there to impress the chick. And he has the highest kill count of all pilots.

>what is a micropenis
It would explain why he's so fucked up too

I know man. Appearently he went back to 4.0 after shin godzilla, so not all hope is lost.
>imlying 2.0 isn't one of the best eva related things ever
It was the better balance of old and new, and definitely put the ground to build completely original lore. I'd love to know what the fuck happened during 3's development, the preview at the end of the previous one looks so much better than what we got. It's like they skipped a whole movie.

Agreed. Evangelion has some of the most iconic visuals in the industry

The bigger fuck you to that lot would be to stop using their 14 year old waifus for blatant fanservice tbqh

he jumped into a fucking vulcano to save asuka.

>there are actually people who liked the first film, even though it was shit
>and who decided it would be a good idea to watch a million rehashes of the same shit
plebs need to stay on their pleb board

people always bash Shinji for his portrayal in EoE (which is at the lowest point of his character arc so I have no idea what they were expecting), but always forget all the times he actually manned the fuck up and faced the danger without thinking about it twice.

As you should be able to tell, Shinji is mentally fucked up.
A teenager in a coma.

2.0 Shinji is best Shinji, no idea how they went from god like badass to whiny little pansy that is in 3.0.

3.0 clearly explained it. him manning up in 2.0 achieved nothing, which fucks him up mentally. he thought he saved Rei but it didn't work out. he fucked up the whole world to save one person and she is nowhere to be found.

THIRDO IMPACT

I think it's just more self-depreciation for the character. It sort of sets the tone of eoe while building the character.

The mass produced eva units fron EoE are the ADAMs in rebuild.

the reason kaworu comes out of one of sarcophagus on the moon is because he and the rest of them are dummy plug clones.

He was a horny teenager that just saw the first tits of his life. Of her hot, exotic roommate at that. All those months of awkward and tsundere sexual tension leading to this. No one was around, and he did what he had to.

Should I even bother watching rebuild? I've seen stills and that girl with glasses and ponytail makes me wanna puke. There was no need for a 3rd girl whatsoever.

the movie was a hate letter to the fans.

>I know you guys jerk it to Rei and Asuka, so lets open the movie with this weak, pathetic kid nobody likes jerking it to Asuka
>oh, you like Asuka? Well here's a picture of her corpse being eaten by maggots.
>oh, you like this character? Well now she's dead. You know what? Everyone's dead.
>you guys want a happy ending? Well fuck you.
>the director literally puts hate mail from the fans telling him to go die into the movie

and that's why it's art house cinema on the level of Bergman.

If you want. 1.0 is mostly the same plot with some nice extensions. Some people would argue it looks worse in some places, but whatever. 2.0 is where I started not liking the changes, and 3.0 is ungodly trash with a good soundtrack.

>god like badass
Way to miss the point of Shinji. He's not much of a badass if he's so easily manipulated and everything he does plays perfectly into his dads plan of ending the world, is he? The most badass he's ever been is when he saved Asuka from the mass produced evas in the manga, and even that didn't amount to much in the end.

Yeah, Mari sucks. But it's pretty good overall. Rei has actually has a personality and they do something different with Asuka's character which is kind of cool.

There's more to life than sex, friend.

she's shinji's mom with time machine

>who's most likely to pull out if you asked her to

What did he mean by this?

what do you think

ASUKA BEST GIRL

It was to symbolize the fan mentality that Anno despised. Instead of treating the characters seriously, dumb otakus only waifufagged and jacked off while arguing best girl like This movie may not be for you, OP.

You are projecting 2017 Sup Forums behavior to early 90s Japan.

triggered

I also enjoy dumbing everything down to meme terminology instead of actually thinking about what the creator was trying to accomplish.

People are actually this stupid.

>Shinji is so beta that when he mans up at the end of 2.0 reality starts to break
Really makes you think

Wrong, dummy
>the point where the mail is flashing through includes positive feedback
>it seems like an alternate way of showing that that moment of the movie is when the last two episodes happen, and how he gets the strength to pull out of the 3rd impact at all

Watch the first one for Ramiel.

when in doubt, fap

In interviews and production material staff members said Mari was created because after 1.0 they felt like, unless they introduced a new girl, characters would have no reason to actually change their behavior from what was seen in the original series. They made mari into cheeky mary sue triple spy so the story would go off the rails.

Why was 2.22 so good

How?

He literally draws all of the girls naked and lusting after shinji in the show
Anno is actually autistic is what you need to understand. Im not using that as an insult, he is honestly on the spectrum

Literally an autistic rage
>you like these characters who i designed to be likeable??
>FUCKING PERVERTS
i bet anno designed the girls to be HIS waifus and sperged out when other people liked them too

You are using it as an insult, and you don't even know what autism is.

I want to find a link to show you what I mean but i cant remember the interview with him and his staff.
Anno is an absolute sperge R9K kindof a person. Yeah it is an insult i guess but i meant that i genuinely think he is autistic not just using it as a generic insult

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of this meme?

>He literally draws all of the girls naked and lusting after shinji in the show
The point is that he cant see this since they cant communicate properly, he still feels alone.
Also all the girls? Asuka, Rei and optionally Misato are the only ones who show any interest in him.

Actually i think its pretty realistic, Asuka dreams of the older men but clearly likes Shinji, Shinji likes her too but is too autistic to even notice while it only leads to frustration and arguing.
With the advance of age i can see i was in similar situation too when i was younger, it wasnt till i was like 17 when i would even realize that girls wont hang with you unless they like you, before that siting in class with people my age all time i took it for granted and normal.

Also why the fuck you call Anno autistic? He seems really knowledgeable about human interactions and is charismatic enough to become a director and make a name for himself in the industry. f anything he seem to be a great peoples man.

>last paragraph
How the hell is anno charismatic and how did you get that from watching this show? He knows so little about human interaction, all he really knows about is loneliness which is his life story
He is the opposite of a peoples man and regularly freaks out while working

Do you seriously think Anno spent his career making everything by himself, with no human interaction?

why didn't he just spread her pussy lips

Not what i meant. He regularly sperged out while working and on his co workers
On top of regular jap autism he is pretty bad

How?
By the fact how successful he got. Becoming director and a producer isnt easy, it means you can juggle investors in one hand, distributors in other and lead a team of few hundred in another.
Charismatic dosnt mean likable, look at Steve Jobs, he was Hitler_ a hipster in one man and yet people would listen to him.

And why do i think he knows a lot about human nature? Based off my own life and how much i realized he was right with what he wanted to tell us in his show.
With how Shinji and Asuka interactions look, with the entire Ritsuko and her mom ark. Those can only come from someone who his a social man who spends every moment of his life interacting with others,

I feel like I would need to get over sex somehow to watch this show. From what I've seen and have been told it's just a lot of frustration that people aren't getting together. Does this show reconcile how awful that feeling is, or is it kind of about it?

>that chicken scribbles is the best he can do?

Did you not see the last two episodes of the show?

big guy

Literally every interaction in that show reeks of anno pouring his desires out into his self insert of shinji
Then he goes and makes shinji a crybaby mary sue who needs sympathy from everyone and the viewers

The whole show was literally narutos infinite Tsukuyomi plot except somehow even worse

Also making a deal doesnt involve charisma at all, even the most autistic person could make a deal

Thinking about it the whole show is just annos fantasies from childhood
Pathetic boy is secretly super powerful mary sue and commands sympathy from everyone, has 3 girls lusting after him despite acting like an aspy around them also becomes popular in his class

This explains why he got mad that people were jackin it to his waifu asuka and sperged out. To him it was like the fans were taking her from him lmao

Can you name a more reddit response?

>"shinji is soooooo annoying and whiny.. its like i just wanna scream GET IN THE ROBOT SHINJI XD"

that's the worst interpretation I've aver read, adn believe me I've read some very bad interpratations of EVA.

Its a criticism of Asuka fans. Essentially Anno is sayibg that they are worthless scum.

>i bet anno designed the girls to be HIS waifus and sperged out when other people liked them too
Ah, Bioshock: Infinite syndrome.

U must be one of the retards who thinks this show is super deep

Misato and Kaji get together for awhile and it's cute. But it ends terrible like everything. Otherwise it's about the frustration, yreah.

Why did he do that ?

>insulting the teutonic goddess

ITT.

People that never watched Gundam.

The show is rediculously bad. I didn't give a fuck about who got with who i just wanted something interesting or cool to happen

Girlfriend in a coma.
I know. I know.
It's really serious.

Anno is a fucking weirdo. He is mad that Rei was so much more popuoar that it ended up affecting the movie remakes, and fully kicks in during the third.

Rebuilds could have been good, but they are nothing but crap after 3.

There were times when I could have murdered her.