youtube.com/watch?v=LHSNRaYlurU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No Chinese or Indian adults?

you only need a learner's permit if you are from the ages of 16-17 in the US

I'm 25 and have my test tomorrow
I hope the examiner takes pity on me

who fucking cares you just get it and get out

Just don't fuck up. It's pretty easy.

Is it realistically possible to live as an independent adult in Australia, a fucking vast and spaced continent, without having and driving one's own car until 27?
No one rides a bicycle there do they? Even getting basic groceries must be a publication worthy journey.

I know some countries require anyone getting their license for the first time to have a Learners license for a set amount of time.
Japan requires you to put a sticker on your car to show that you are a leather for example

I got mine at 17 and had to take the test twice because I really fucked up the first time and accidently went straight in a left lane. The driver instructor was very strict, and I already was very nervous.

i failed 2 twice, i actually failed the last time too but they took pity on me

Literally got mines at 25 a few weeks ago. Passed on the first try. I was also sick with the flu and late to my appointment.

Just don't be too nervous and drive safely, obeying all the laws. Don't forget your permit, insurance, etc. My evaluator was a black chick and she was pretty chill.

America is just such a large and sprawly country, public transit doesn't cut it.

also been driving for 13 years and no points

Still haven't gotten my license at 26. I don't really need it as I rarely leave the house. If I did get it, it would only really be useful to me to to through the takeaway drive thrus. Haha

Are you driving a manual?

New Jersey does that too but adult learners can take a test after 3 months while kids can take it only after 6 months.

This is why Aussies are fat

>failing the driving test
How?

same here, in my state at least.

do you drive stick in australia at all?

>restricted license is about to expire and i'll need to replace it
>they're going to look down on me for being 25 and not having a full license

Depends on the state

What's that, in my state we have a probationary license but you can upgrade to a regular license after 1 year

A lot of people drive manuals although it's definitely a minority. Car culture is pretty big here.

I failed mine by using common sense. No one drives by the book in real life, if you're on the road doing the speed limit and everyone is else is doing 10 above, it's you who are being the nuisance. But that's not the way they look at it during the road test.

>tfw 24
>tfw don't have regular access to a car to practice driving so my learner's permit is going to expire for the third time because I'm scared of taking the test
>can feel the judgement when people ask for my license and I hand them my state ID like a loser

I got my license at 32. I thought most of people would be kids too, but here in Brazil a license doesn't come cheap - and you also waste a ton of time (three, four months for the whole process). So most of the people there were actually older than me. I think there was only one guy who was 22 or something.

I had to do this for a year when they took my license away for drink driving.

Sounds like a third world thing. Why would people get licenses when no one can afford a car?

>Tfw got my license car before the gov made driving test mandatory

Feels good

>no driving test to get a car license
WTF?

The thing is, even if the cars are double the price they are in the US (read: thebrazilbusiness.com/article/costs-of-owning-a-car-in-brazil), a lot of people still have cars. It's just that we make monthly payments for 10 years (true story).

Some piece of shit front-drive here costs as much as a small house. The pinnacle of "status" here is a Toyota Hilux.

There are three licenses here

Learners license is the one you get when you're 15 (might be higher now I think they changed it but I don't know the details) in which you're not allowed to drive unless you have someone with a full license in the passenger seat

Restricted is the one you get after having your learners for a few months, you can drive on your own but you're not allowed to have passengers (unless someone in the passenger seat has their full license) or drive between 10pm and 5am

Full license you get after twelve months on a restricted and it has no conditions on when to drive or who is allowed in your car

Most normies get their full license when they're 16

Damn, must suck to be Brasilian

I mean you didn't need to go to a car school, just needed to pay for your license and do a couple of physical test and that's it, but now it was change so car schools are mandatory

I don't know how it is in the US, but South American countries until the 90s didn't have mandatory driving tests. They were more of a formality (usually you went around the block once and that was it). They've been stuffing more bureaucratic processes after that, perhaps to try to emulate the american system, but we ended up creating a chimera of systems that ends up being costly as hell (both on money and time).

Just FYI, until 2002 or something, you just took the test in Brazil. No classes, no learner permits, no nothing. Just a written test and the driving test.

Now fast-forward to 2018. You have to do this:
- Medical exams (usually takes a whole morning).
- Traffic education classes (45 hours) - this is monitored by cameras, so you need to stay in the classroom at all times.
- Written test.
- Get your learner's permit.
- The learning process for cars is 25 mandatory classes (each class being 50 minutes), but you can only have 3 classes per day. This class is also monitored, there's a camera inside the car (what the fuck?).
- 5 mandatory classes are at night (from the 25 above).
- There are also classes on a simulator, but they're not mandatory.
- Driving test.

The whole process takes from 2 to as much as 8 months. You have 1 year to complete the process. If you can't pass it by that time, you have to do it all over again.

Mind you, every step above is paid. The classes cost the most - 1 monthly salary and a half. If you factor in all taxes, you have to pay almost 3 monthly salaries (minimum wage) to get your license here.

>have to do it all over again if you fail
Man, what a convoluted and retarded system.
And what's the passing rate for first timers?

I think it's 65%.

Is it much easier to get a motorcycle license?

Lmao I got mine at 17
State of you haha

>Got my license the day after turned 18

Motorcycles only need 20 classes, and they're also cheaper (also not monitored).

The passing rate is much lower than cars, because our motorcycle test is some clusterfuck that has to be seen. You're on some closed circuit and need to do some basic maneuvers.

Here: youtube.com/watch?v=LHSNRaYlurU

As you can see, you can do the whole thing on 1st shift. The passing rate is much lower than cars because if you even touch the ground with your foot, you're disqualified. Also, almost no one is used to drive on such slow speeds.

I forgot to say this, but almost all of the cars used in the tests are stick (manual shift). The only way to do the test on an automatic is to have some sort of disability and even then, you have to bring your own car.

All in all, it's just a system that facilitates bribes. They were so prevalent here that the transit authority started putting microphones and cameras inside the test cars, and people still manage to bribe the examiners.

>old ass "man" rocking Ps

>got my learners permit at 16
>still 18 and don't have full licence because i fucking hate driving and don't have a car anyways

I know how to drive but I still don't have a license at 18 because I don't even have a car.

Thanks for the detailed answers. I never knew what it was like for BRland. I have both types of licenses, but for the motorcycle it was much easier. I paid for a state sponsored class that cost like $250. Then I spent a weekend doing some classroom learning combined with riding around a large parking lot.

In total it was around 8 hours each day, 16 total. We never left the parking lot. Motorcycles and helmets were include as part of tuition.

After that, you go to the office and give them your notice of class completion. Voila, you are now qualified for motorcycles with no restrictions!

>proceeds to get killed on a 200HP 1000cc race bike

That's how it is in Canada.
When I was a transit cuck it would take me around 2 hours to get from my home to the super market.
Now it's a 10 minute drive away

So what? At least you got it eventually.

Yeah I do drive a manual but like the other guy said its a minority here. I've seen people get auto licenses and then go back to get a manual.

If it makes you feel any better, I failed my first level road test four times until I finally passed recently. I'm almost 23 too so I'm a good four or five years off everyone else who got their license

>tfw have license but scared to drive

Dont second guess yourself. Seriously. I failed once because I panicked
Go with your instincts and you do fine. Good luck, user

>waiting to get a driver's license
for what possible purpose
at the least, it's a form of identification or some "skill" you can be proud of for god's sake

>americans fail to drive up with automatic gearing.

I didn't even have a license and hired a scooter in India. "this is how you gas, this is the break" Drove on left side, no speed limits, lane packed with 7 tuk-tuks going zig-zag. There you have to drive aggressively, but back home, all you have to do is to take it sloow.

>Live in a rural part of Japanese where I have to drive everywhere
>Must shoulder the burden of vehicle ownership
>Envy cityfags who have fixed public transport expenses
>Do not know the freedom from being held hostage by the exchange rate and OPEC third world states

Isn't there a thing called "packers" in Japan, where they physically push people into the cart so everybody fits?

Where I live, you can get a licence just by applying to it. Does't matter if you don't know how to drive, there's no test or anything.

>Just got my car back from its bi-annual vehicle inspection test
>Bill US$1,500
>Preimum fuel stuck at US$1.37/litre

How much longer must I suffer?

How much longer can I go on like this

That happens to cucks who live in Western Tokyo who commute to the Eastern part.

Try 2.18$/L. I also have to pay 8$ for passing in and out of the city.