Why do modern movie goers insist on comparing everything to something else

is it the burgers fault?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VaWCEzfXCaU
birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/21/valerian-director-luc-besson-thinks-men-are-overrated-and-video-games-are-m
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>why dey people don't like our shitty movie????

no its the fault of retarded producers who want to force shitty actors and movies upon us, trying top create hype when there is none.

why does every complaint for this movie start with either;
"it's a shitty avatar clone", "it's a gotg ripoff", "are those prometheus suits?"
or;
"the characters are bland", "they have no chemistry", "their acting is awful", when those things didn't bother them in almost every other blockbuster flick?

why do numale cuck directors force their propaganda into their flicks?

mandatory video for the thread

youtube.com/watch?v=VaWCEzfXCaU

watch the movie first you pleb ass, there is literally zero connection with that statement and the movie

maybe in a year or two as a 720p bluray rip that I watch on my second monitor while browsing Sup Forums.

very cool pleb

maybe read the interview and realize that you're an idiot?

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/21/valerian-director-luc-besson-thinks-men-are-overrated-and-video-games-are-m

Was that important to you — that it was a female hero?

The couple, to me, is a reflection of the society today. The man has the title. He’s in charge. He’s overpaid. He’s lying. He’s pretentious. In the society today, the one ruling the house is the woman. I wanted this couple to be the same. Valerian says “I’m the hero of the film!” The girls says, “Sure…” because she knows it’s her. I love that. It’s too late now to have the superhero full of muscles and pretending he knows everything.

He literally named the film VALERIAN to make his anti-male point.

fuck off shill, I ain't paying to see your turdmovie

they really shouldn't have made that ugly monobrow girl the lead, maybe could have worked with a good actress but this here is just awful

>Valerian says “I’m the hero of the film!” The girls says, “Sure…”
WOW! SUCH PANDERING AND PROPAGANDA! WHAT A PIECE OF PURE FEMINIST BULLSHIT SHOVED DOWN OUR TROUTS!

kys yourself

>getting mad because some shitty movie bombed

what the fuck is your problem?

>penn memes
okay pleb

literally the shittest opinion ive seen in a long time

i loved his earlier movies too

Western "Society" fucking corrupted his mind

>calling me a pleb while advertising a 52% movie

lmaoing @ your life bro

>defending himself hes not a pleb
>posting rt scores
kek, you're memeing right?

>frogs
>good movies

Choose one

PLZ REMOVE VIRALMARKETERS GROUPS FROM Sup Forums

EVERY THREAD IS THE SAME EXACT POSTS DOWN TO A T

WE GET IT, YOU GET PAID 1 DOLLAR A DAY TO SMEAR NON-DISNEYMARVEL MOVIES

what's especially sad is that besson used to be /ourguy/. he was putting the blocks to preteen herschlag, then dumped her when she got too old to be with 15 year old prime milla. proceeded to wreck her holes with his BFD so bad all she could find as a partner when besson dumped her ass when she turned 18 was paul wet shit anderson.

I wonder when and how they got to him...

>y-your me-mes are shit pls watch my movie pls I beg you

>what the fuck is your problem?
did you even read the op you fucking cunt?

no I just look at the OP picture, from then on I knew already that this thread is about a shit movie

but it isn't, so you knew shit, like you usually do. You're just a loudmouth retard that actually hated movies.

I'll give you a dollar if you read the op
kek, nice comeback pleb, go back to your capeshit/star wars threads

>pls just watch the 52% movie in cinema for just 20 dollars pls I beg you

He's right, but the problem with this film is it looks like Mass Effect hatefucked Spy Kids.

Is there an explanation why humans in the 28th century look like 14 year olds? I mean I'm a scrawny 110 lbs manlet and even I could bend these two over without much effort.

>it looks like Mass Effect hatefucked Spy Kids.
because thats what it is

>the problem with this film is it looks like Mass Effect hatefucked Spy Kids.
WHY ARE YOU PLEBS SO KEEN ON COMPARING MOVIES TO SOMETHING YOU KNOW!? WHY IS ARE YOUR CRITIQUE SKILLS SO LOW AND PRIMITIVE? WHY ARE YOU SUCH fucking sheep?

>Is there an explanation why humans in the 28th century look like 14 year olds?
PEDO RIGHTS is real and coming soon

because it looks like shit and like stuff we already have seen before.
people want fresh ideas and not the same lame shit we had a hundred times before.

why are you yelling?

>people want fresh ideas and not the same lame shit we had a hundred times before.
that explains the 1000 superhero movies ruling the boxoffice for the past 10 years
drop dead you dishonest pleb cunt

aggressive marketing
a last effort to get people in the cinema to watch this turd

>market already satisfied and its unlikely a new IP can break through
>they still make their shit movie anyway and wonder why nobody wants to see it

At least he's more faithful to the original material, than any directors who tried to adapt cape comics.

then why they casted a manlet numale as the lead?

>Mass Effect hatefucked Spy Kids
...how is that bad?

your answer makes no sense in regard to the post your mentioning.
you have the mental capabilities of a 12 year old dude. I shiver on the thought of what kind of friends you might have.

>manlet numale
it's a French movie afterall

Anybody calling it a ripoff of x probably doesnt know that the comic started in 1967 and pre-dates all those franchises. Moviegoers are stupid, who knew?

then they should have made their gay comic movie back in the 70s to be the first, now its nothing more but a Star Wars ripoff

well Valerian is extremely derivative so it makes sense people would be making comparisons to better films that it lifted ideas from

plus the visual style and designs are boring. Looks just like some gay marvel movie, nothing interesting going on visually at all

in the trailer it looked like a shitty ps2 game cutscene to me

>well Valerian is extremely derivative so it makes sense people would be making comparisons to better films that it lifted ideas from
you mean all those movies are derivative of Valerian, since it has an older source material. Also what are those ideas that Valerian lifted from other ""better"" movies? Please answer.

>Please answer
>no answer
every.time

Valerian pre-dates Star Wars by a decade.

euros always acting so high and mighty cultured, but they fail fail and fail when trying to create a big bust a movie. and I'm euro myself, but we have to give amis their due credit, they at least manage to create the occasional diamond from the endless dirt. euro kino is pathetically sad and should be euthanized already

>why does every complaint for this movie start with either;
>"it's a shitty avatar clone", "it's a gotg ripoff", "are those prometheus suits?"

Quite ironic as the comic is one of the most influential if not the most influential work when it comes to visuals of space opera scifi.

>"the characters are bland", "they have no chemistry", "their acting is awful", when those things didn't bother them in almost every other blockbuster flick?

Because characters are bland, they have no chemistry or acting talent. Not to mention they won't really match up well with source material. Especially the manlet.

>He literally named the film VALERIAN to make his anti-male point.

Comic was originally named fucking adventures of Valerian. It was renamed Valerian and Laureline only for last two volumes and reprints. Originally he was the classic James Bond-esque hero and she was a fucking side kick and occasional damsel in distress. Later on her role got bigger and there was role reversals.

>It’s too late now to have the superhero full of muscles and pretending he knows everything.

Valerian never was never superhero or had Arnold Schwarzenegger like muscles. Fit guy who happens to be intelligent and alpha as fuck.

nobody cares

>Because characters are bland, they have no chemistry or acting talent. Not to mention they won't really match up well with source material. Especially the manlet.
but that can be said for 90% of today's blockbusters, that was my point.

>WOW! SUCH PANDERING AND PROPAGANDA! WHAT A PIECE OF PURE FEMINIST BULLSHIT SHOVED DOWN OUR TROUTS!

Comic can be said to be feminist, as in 60's or 70's context, egalitarian and shieet. Funny thing is that it despised and laughed at radical feminism... that is [current fucking year] mainstream feminism, in 1976 AD.

>but that can be said for 90% of today's blockbusters, that was my point.

Comic books can be adapted to movies well, without making characters bland. Sin City as example.

can you recommend a good starting point for the comics? also how do they compare with Moebious's short story comics?

Stop bringing up that the comic inspired other stuff. We're talking about the movie, which is an entirely different medium, in an age where those visuals just aren't as compelling. Probably for the very reason you're squawking about.

Also, I cannot stress this enough, nobody gives a fuck about comic books. Nobody. You might think they do because of capeshit ruling the box office, but Marvel and DC print division in the toilet because comics are literally for children and people incapable of moving past their childhood.

>can you recommend a good starting point for the comics?

I'd go with the order those were released. Since Bad Dreams hasn't been published in English., I recommend starting with The City of Shifting Waters.

Everything can be found on internet pretty easily.

>also how do they compare with Moebious's short story comics?

Visually intriguing like Moebious comics. Drawing style starts with pretty Asterix/Lucky Luke-like and becomes bit more realistic as series matures in 70's, from late 70's visual style is pretty consistent until the end in 2010. As far as writing goes. Until 80's volumes are pretty episodic, but with character and development. In 80's it gets bit darker tone and stories are two volume pieces that have quite obvious continuity. In 90's volumes became more stand alone and episodic, bit of hit and miss.

>nobody gives a fuck about comic books. Nobody.
true dat

>We're talking about the movie, which is an entirely different medium, in an age where those visuals just aren't as compelling.

Kinda silly as both comics and film are visual mediums, other is still and other quite obviously moves. Film makers use storyboards to visualize and plan their movies, that is something where comic artists do work outside of comics.

>Also, I cannot stress this enough, nobody gives a fuck about comic books. Nobody.

Fans of the comics might give a fuck.

>You might think they do because of capeshit ruling the box office, but Marvel and DC print division in the toilet because comics are literally for children and people incapable of moving past their childhood.

European comics aren't Marvel or DC capeshit, especially French comics. Those have more in common with Simpsons/South Park/ect than with capeshit. Those tend similar layered level of obvious slapstick comedy, adventure plots and additional layer of bit more sinister satire about society that kids probably don't understand or even notice.

>European comics aren't Marvel or DC capeshit, especially French comics. Those have more in common with Simpsons/South Park/ect than with capeshit.