Stranger Things 2

They're gonna fuck it up, aren't they? They never thought they'd get renewed, they just assumed it'd be a one off thing they could throw all their eggs into. They've already used all their favorite 80s/Stand By Me tropes and references and now they'll have to either recycle them or use their B and C-grade material.

It's gonna be a shitshow that doubles down on all the callbacks and scares but with none of the heart of the first season.

how?
the formula is simple
nothing happen till a shitty cgi monster shows up at the end.

>fuck it up

That'd be like fucking up a cereal bowl. This show was so basic it's gonna get eaten up and called amazing no matter what because all it does is mine nostalgia.

This is like complaining that a photocopy is shit.

UNAGI

this.

no one is going to care. It's Malibu Stacy with a new hat. I really hope I don't get bored enough to actually watch the second season.

This

All they need is lots and lots and lots and lots of Finn and we're golden.

DAMAGED

> Malibu Stacy

Jesus fucking Christ, dude. Kill yourself. I mean that legitimately. End your own life.

>They never thought they'd get renewed

Oh is this another "user posts shit out their ass with no evidence" episode?

Will season 2 be about 11 learning to control the monster?

>Malibu Stacy with a new hat.

Perfect analogy. It's just that. Serve up the same old shit again, pretend it's fresh and people eat it up because it's showing them things they already loved anyway from childhood. No original thought needed,

>missing the obvious eggos put opportunity

If by 'monster' you mean 'Mike Wheeler's cock,' and by control you mean 'put in her mouth', then no. I can't imagine they would make it about that.

Its gonna be all about Will becoming God of the upside down, basically becoming the BBEG of a d&d campaign and his friends have to kill him

they fucked up the ending of the last season, so it doesn't really matter, it was always going to go to shit

the upside-down as a concept is garbage tier boring and unoriginal

these. first season isnt even that good, its a cliche movie stretched over a whole season of adequate tv

They fucked up by bringing the other side and Eleven back. It should have evolved into a show about kid friends growing apart as they grow older.

>one off thing
>end on a cliffhanger

They left it open so it could be its own thing but also expand on it in the future I read somewhere that the upside down world alone has like 100 pages of information and they've only revealed about 2 pages of info about it to us. They could extend the ''company'' (forgot the name) that experiments with the upside down/eleven and all sorts of shit.

Are they going to try to make it scary this time?

Who's Will? Is that Finn Wolfhard's character? There's a main character I'm forgetting isn't there?

It would have been better if they left it afew years then brought it back. For instance all the kids are in highschool now, kinda remember eleven but have left it aside, thinking she's gone forever, and she's grown up, also the music/era could be shifted 10 years forward so we get 90's vibes and that culture this time. It's sort of similar to what a tv show in the uk did called This is England, each season shifts afew years forward and shows the different tech/references/news and music of that era.

underrated

an 80s adventure story.
scary.

no you faggot

Jesus that's terrible

Worried about them having an inflated ego after winning a bunch of awards and having it show in the episodes.

Ill cringe hard if they make references to that awful speech that was given during the SAG awards

I'm kind of worried but I'll see how it goes

My worry, and this seems to be corroborated by the trailer, is that it'll just be season 1 except every element 5x bigger.

The missing kid
The one the whole first season was based around

Will is the shorter, less cute and generally less talented one

there's still a lot of affects and trends to mine from 80s moviemaking, this looks to be a more Carpenter-esque season

No, it's an American science fiction-horror series. Except it was too obsessed with ebin 80s memes to make the show scary. The showrunners didn't even experience the 80s. They were born in 1984 lmao.

>For instance all the kids are in highschool now,
fuck off

Yeah, the best part of season 1 was the slow build up to the weirder sci-fi elements, and how when that stuff finally took center stage it seemed appropriately mysterious. Even when they were walking through the alternate dimension, they only saw a small part of it and learned practically nothing. It was just as much of a mystery after they trekked through it as it was before.

Now there's going to be too much exposure to those elements, and the monster will probably be intelligent and able to communicate to some extent which will ruin it.

The kid who was banging Eleven is unbearably ugly. He reminds of Steve Buscemi, except he completely lacks the charisma, talent, humor, class, timing, personality, charm so he's a fucking dead weight on this already awful piece of shit show

>The other shift was a temporal one. Rather than setting the kids’ section in the 1950s–as the novel did–the Muschiettis’ version is set in the 1980s, which is another element maintained from the Fukunaga version. Barbara was quick to stress this is a “grounded” ’80s, and not one steeped in pop culture references (like say, Stranger Things, which shares co-star Wolfhard.) “We wanted to do a very grounded ’80s and not a caricaturesque ’80s, and we can do that because we know the period very well,” she said. “It’s not nostalgic. It’s Derry.”

Stranger Things is going to be seen 80s babyshit pandering compared to the new IT

>slow build up to the weirder sci-fi elements

What are you talking about episode 1 was full of that shit.

>80s babyshit pandering

yeah....like season 1 wasn't...

She was saying it was going to be more like Stanger Things. Idiot. Why are you so retarded and gay?

>mfw the new IT movie will be as remembered and celebrated as the Poltergeist remake

>the monster will probably be intelligent and able to communicate to some extent which will ruin it.
The scariest horror monsters are smart and able to communicate.