ITT: People from your country that did literraly nothing wrong

ITT: People from your country that did literraly nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_Pétain#Postwar_life
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i don't even know who that old faggot is lmaooooooooo

is General Sherman popular?

>La educación de los estadounidenses...

In the North

That is the great Marshall of France of the first world war who never did nothing wrong. Other than lead what remained of the French government during the second world war, one that cooperated with the Germans.

Yeah, he's great. Fuck the South.

He didn't killed enemies of people like Khrushchev and Beria.

Were he here today to hear what some people say... Satisfaction would be had.

General Sherman. Too bad the government betrayed the North by compromising with the south. We should have stripped the entire aristocrat upper class of the south of land and wealth to make sure they couldn't poison our politics anymore

this

The estates of rebel planters and other landowners should have been seized and redistributed to freed slaves and poor whites

their estates were not amazingly valuable you know, the wealth of the south has been greatly overstated by people the further from those times we go

He sucked german dicks.

fucking traitor

Someone post Patton

>made a coup in order to become a dictator
>organized roundups all around the country
>installed the STO in order to help the third Reich

Came here to post this
DVX MEA LVX

I agree with all of these but I can't think of someone from Sweden because all of the based people never got anywhere near power

I will say that he doesn't deserve to have been estranged from the men he lead in the great war in death

Not really, he created a semi-independent state in the face of a German onslaught, ensuring at least part of his country remained unoccupied. Also, Hitler distrusted him from the very start. There's a reason why the only Frenchmen during Barbarossa were volunteers from the occupied territories: Vichy France was never formally part of the Axis. In fact, if anything it was something of a neutral third party, waiting things out to see what way the winds would blow. Also, as Zemmour mentions, he ensured that next to no French Jews died during the Holocaust (foreign Jews on the other hand...). If you ever wondered why France has the largest Jewish community in Europe and the third largest in the world despite WW2, the answer is Pétain.

Pétain did everything he could with the incredibly shitty hand he was dealt, being given total control of France when the Germans had already won because the president was too much of a coward to face the facts. Even early on it was acknowledged by foreign powers, as while the French were desperately looking for a scapegoat De Gaulle called his entire trial a farce and the Americans tried to offer him amnesty on American soil. Rather than going demented in prison, he deserved to live out his last days on a cozy farm in the American Midwest or something.

But he crippled the red army. If it wasn't for general winter and greater numbers you would have been exterminated.

>made a coup in order to become a dictator
literally what the fuck are you talking about

>and the Americans tried to offer him amnesty on American soil.
What, to Pétain ?

>Rather than going demented in prison, he deserved to live out his last days on a cozy farm in the American Midwest or something.
He lived the rest of his days in Vendée

Thanks for the redpill I had swallowed the anti-Pétain propaganda

I hate nazis but the hate this guy received was monumental

What the fuck was he supposed to do? Fight the nazis till Paris was dust? They were more vicious and powerful than the Germans he fought in ww1

>What, to Pétain ?
Yes, to Pétain.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_Pétain#Postwar_life
>Over the following years Pétain's lawyers and many foreign governments and dignitaries, including Queen Mary and the Duke of Windsor, appealed to successive French governments for Pétain's release, but given the unstable state of Fourth Republic politics no government was willing to risk unpopularity by releasing him. As early as June 1946 US President Harry Truman interceded in vain for his release, even offering to provide political asylum in the U.S.[60] A similar offer was later made by the Spanish dictator General Franco.[60]

>He lived the rest of his days in Vendée
Yeah, but that was in imprisonment AND because De Gaulle directly intervened.
>At the end of Pétain's trial, he was convicted on all charges. The jury sentenced him to death by a one-vote majority. Due to his advanced age, the Court asked that the sentence not be carried out. De Gaulle, who was President of the Provisional Government of the French Republic at the end of the war, commuted the sentence to life imprisonment due to Pétain's age and his military contributions in World War I. After his conviction, the Court stripped Pétain of all military ranks and honours save for the one distinction of Marshal of France.
>Fearing riots at the announcement of the sentence, De Gaulle ordered that Pétain be immediately transported on the former's private aircraft to Fort du Portalet in the Pyrenees,[58] where he remained from 15 August to 16 November 1945. The government later transferred him to the Fort de Pierre-Levée citadel on the Île d'Yeu, a small island off the French Atlantic coast.[59]

The way Pétain was treated is disgusting, betrayed by a bunch of cowards desperately seeking for a scapegoat to take the blame rather than accepting France was utterly unprepared and unwilling to go to war in the first place. Really makes me wish he could've been Paperclip'd to America.

>pretend to need the constitutional rights in order to make peace since some don't want to surrender
>make the parliament vote while keeping the opposants away to prevent them from voting.
>put an end to the republic and declare himself "Chef des français"

A coup isn't necessarily made through violent or illegal means

Ted kazinski

>What the fuck was he supposed to do? Fight the nazis till Paris was dust?
Yeah, another thing that makes me retch in disgust is how Pétain (and the French in general) were called cowards while the Germans were called brave warriors who bravely fought until the end.

Even in WW1, Pétain was beloved by his soldiers for being very stingy with their lives. He fought more defensively than Foch ("my center is collapsing, my left flank is retreating: conditions excellent, we attack") and introduced a system of rotation to make sure it wasn't constantly the same guys on the frontlines. What he did was the best available choice given the circumstances: he had accepted that nothing he could do would win him the war and accepted the best possible peace. If you want to blame someone for being a piece of shit, blame Darlan.

Now let's look at the "brave" Germans who "went down fighting". Do you know what Hitler and his cronies did when they realized it was only a matter of time before the Soviets occupied Berlin? They sent children, FUCKING CHILDREN, to fight battles that could not be won just so Hitler could delay the inevitable in the safety of his bunker. If Hitler had both of his nuts, he would've arranged a surrender at that point.

Shouldn't have allied Hitler

The hate this guy receives isn't for surrendering, there was no other choice, he is hated for what he did when he was the dictator of Vichy

This
Jews also took part in the march on Rome

>utterly unprepared
yes
>unwilling to go to war in the first place
that's wrong though

>tfw no stresa front

>Butthurt French leftists here constantly trying to change the name of Petain Road
>tell them to fuck off everytime

The Republic is a whore and the attacks that France is suffering today is what she deserves for turning her back on Church and King

>you will never see a fascist coalition opposing hitler
Why even live

>that's wrong though
Oh? What did the French do in 1936 when the Germans occupied the Rhineland?
What did they do when the Germans annexed Austria in violation of the Versailles treaty?
How did they react in 1938 when Germany shat all over Czechoslovakia? Did they go to war, or did they meekly go along with Chamberlain and his "peace for our time" delusions?
And let's not forget the Phony War.

Perhaps it speaks positively for their desire for peace, but the French were entirely unwilling to fight and had to be driven to the most extreme with the invasion of Poland. Same for the British, but they had the advantage of the German navy being SHIT. Serously, it was SHIT, to the point where even under the most favorable circumstances Operation Sea Lion would be impossible. The only thing they managed to do was sink a lot of convoys with their submarines and... that's it.

Khrushchev did nothing wrong, you tankie cuck

A shame we never saw him in power

khokhol subhuman

He was a good boy, he just needed money for that republic

how come you know so much ?

>this pic
>dell'elmo Di scipio
Why are Italians so obsessed with Tunisia even nowadays?

Tunisia actually had a sicilian minority in it. Also it would have given us more control over the middle mediterranean

>sicilian minority
Basically tunisians

>sicilian minority
More like sicily is tunisian majority

>there are still people who believe Napoleon did something wrong ever

Nothing wrong.

He is actually English.

Pic related did nothing wrong.

>Reinstalled slavery

Yeah. Can you tell me something wrong he did? :^)

>there are still people who believe Napoleon did something wrong ever
The Iberians probably be aren't fans.

Bomber is a disgusting piece of shit human being and I hope there's a special place in hell where he's rotting forever. He committed the sin of actually letting Germans survive.

Reinstalled catholicism as the state religion

Tbh germans are insects and the only crime he's guilty of is a failure to totally finnish the job as exterminator

Should have expected these answer lmao

This.

Go on Austrians, you know what to do come on

this
>start shit get hit
genuinely did nothing wrong

>He committed the sin of actually letting Germans survive.
Unexpected.

Fuck you're right.

Friendship ended with Napoleon Robespierre did nothing wrong

Maximilien Robespierre... I love you

me

Well if you supported Napoléon reinstalling slavery. Robespierre abolished it and gave people of color the right to vote

Except religion is pretty much the only thing Robespierre did wrong. Cult of the Supreme Being was retarded.

Yeah, and in part Napoleon reintroduced slavery because the Haitians chimped out. By the way, if you're wondering why it took Americans so long to abolish slavery: Haitians chimping out. Americans were afraid of the same thing happening in the Deep South (and look at the state of that shithole part of the country today!).

I think he reinstalled slavery mainly because it helped to fuel the war economy.

Did he reinstall slavery? Wtf, I hate Napoleon now!

Damn Commies had it coming

based singer poor

He forcibly assimilated danes and caused the anal devastation of corrupt noblemen.

based

spineless faggot when it mattered, gave in to german pressure and became hitler's bitch throwing Italy into a war he knew we weren't ready for

DO IT AGAIN GENERAL DYER

Poured a bottle of piss on his grave when I was in England. Visited Goring especially for this special act.

Heil Hitler!