Thoughts on The Tick pilot Sup Forums?

I really liked the Tick himself (wanted more of him in the episode) and I thought Arthur was ok. Overall though I though the pilot was pretty dull.

Id like to see it continue though.

I liked it, the more serious tone of everyone but Tick himself, the inclusion of the sister, and the voices of the Tick and Arthur actors reminded me more of the old cartoon than the Patrick Warburton show did.

I do wish Tick's actor had a square-r jaw though.

Jean Claude Van Johnson is the one that'll probably get picked up, but I hope The Tick does as well.

I thought it was fine, but I don't like that it seems that they're setting up it to be Arthur's visions. He had a facial tic every in every scene he had with Tick.

It was good.

The part I'm not feeling the best on is the whole plot point of Arthur being seen as a conspiracy nut and having to prove to everyone EXCEPT the Tick that he isn't. I get that that's his motivation for this series and I trust Ben Edlund can pull it off, but I find it frustrating to watch this type of character get screwed over time and time again.

Tick was great. My only complaint is that he isn't HUGE, like 7 feet tall huge. Other than that he's great. He's got the obsession with justice and fighting evil, perfect line delivery and those Ben Edlund weird lines
>Destiny is calling, Arthur. It's over here. Come on over with us. It's warm, like the inside of bread!

Weaponized syphilis got my sides

They're just playing with the fact that the Tick is very aloof and not well known/mysterious; and people not believing the unstable Arthur, not even himself. It's not at all out of place.

Also, the henchman at the dock described their attacker (during Arthurs time at the police station) as big and blue; and that he thinks he was probably working with the little guy that was spying on them.

>The part I'm not feeling the best on is the whole plot point of Arthur being seen as a conspiracy nut and having to prove to everyone EXCEPT the Tick that he isn't.

That fits the character.

I'm just worried it won't get a chance because of all of the people that clearly haven't read the comics or really watched the cartoon complaining about it.

What are some good Tick comic recs?

Pretty much all of it.

Issue 1 and onwards

>though I though the pilot was pretty dull.
Blame the director, he seems to hate comedy. He purposely filmed the pilot off beat to disconnect the humor just like on Flaked.

You do know Amazon has picked multiple pilots to go to series before right? There's a fair chance both can get full runs. But that other show sure as hell doesn't look like it will, which is good because its shit.

I really liked it. Still not completely sold on the costumes when the dialogue scenes, but it looked okay on the action scene.

OK better get on that then.

I am still on the fence about this show because it's clear Edlund is trying something different but it has a lot of potential to be something really good as well.

Can Chairface Chippendale be in this show if they wanted to use him? Or is he like American Maid and Die Fledermaus and only Disney can use them.

Chairface is not a cartoon exclusive, so he may very well appear.

Nice, I fricking loved him in the Cartoon, he's one of the villains who has made me laugh the most.

chairface is from the comic, they're only barred from using the characters created for the cartoon

I feel like the costumes weren't tailor made for the actors so they aren't fitting quite right

So no Multiple Santa or Midnight Bomber what bombs at Midnight?

>no Midnight Bomber

On the one hand that's a little bit of a shame, on the other that character's appearances are so iconic it means no one else can ever taint him.

>SURF'S UP SPACE PONIES! I'M MAKIN' GRAVY WITHOUT THE LUMPS!

I like it, but every time I see those costumes I almost want to throw up a little bit. Literally all of them are complete and utter shit.

I love it because Tick has always been a parody of superheroes but now its parodying modern superhero shows but the catch is Tick and all the other heroes act as wacky as ever. I hope to god this gets picked up because I loved every minute of it.

Well, it is a pilot. If it gets picked up, they'll probably get a better budget on costumes.

Yea like I've seen complaints that Arthur is the main character and that he's a dork, thats just how the Tick works!

Holy shit, was it crap. Shit directing, awkward pacing, horrible dialogue. The tone was all over. I can't believe it was written by Ben Edlund himself. The cartoon is still the only good Tick adaptation.