THE HELLBLAZER #1

THE HELLBLAZER #1
Written by SIMON OLIVER • Art and cover by MORITAT • Variant cover by JOHN CASSADAY
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“The Poison Truth” part one! London may have recovered from Constantine’s return, but he hasn’t. Mercury hasn’t forgiven him, but she won’t leave him alone, and Swamp Thing is calling in a favor. And all the while, bigger things are brewing...
On sale AUGUST 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Do you think it will be good Sup Forums?

Looking at his rebirth it could go either way but considering how well his dcyou ended im optimistic.

>but considering how well his dcyou ended im optimistic
How is that relevant? that was a completely different creative team.

Oliver wrote Chas the Knowledge and it had a true Hellblazer tone

Well that entire run indicated a shift away from the spellslinging we had been getting for a while and that last issue in particular at least indicates editorial probably wont fuck this one over much.

>back in London
>Chas and other characters from Hellblazer are back
>no more flashy laser shows as spells
>no more Heaven/Hell stuff
>Swampy is a supporting character

Seems right to me, mate. Now only if we could do something about that censored swearing...

>Now only if we could do something about that censored swearing
The new symbols dont even look as good as the dcyou ones

Preview

Oh i did not know the preview was out thanks user

John Cassaday variant

FIN

Swamp Thing and John have the best bants in comics today.

Looks like there keeping up with this adressing the reader. Im largly neutral on that as long as they dont overdo it and keep it mostly to captions.

Chas driving with swamp thing in the car is sort of close to the edge of whats acceptable but not so close to the edge as to be a problem and its possible im just paranoid after what they did to him in the tv show.

I like that nature finds a way line.

Wait, wait, wait. Swamp Thing uses Constantine's body whenever he has need for love?

It was how Swampy and Abby conceived.

Nice callback.

And i like that there still leaning on the fact that ultimantly if they had just asked him he would have agreed to it.

Nah im pretty sure it only happened once

Im used to being a little confused by some refrences in older hellblazer but the fuck is a club med.

Ok this is really good

I'm not into Swamp Thing and Constantine that much so it was little surprising. I did always wonder how Swamp Thing has sex, since I know he had kid or two running around.

what happened to Moritat?
I normally like his stuff, but Johns' face in this is like a different style in every panel.

i would also note, it technically didn't happen in the new52, even with swampys "kinda canon" canon of all pre-new52 works

Sup Forums will complain about bringing John this close to the capes (for good reason we have been burnt the last few years) but it seems like this is more a background thing that swampy will be doing.

And even if not im not going to complain about something that gives us more billy batson/john constintine interaction.

Also it looks like we are going to be doing some magical realm hopping which are generaly my favourite hellblazer storys so im hype maybe he will take a trip down to fairyland.

Anyway my final verdict is horray its mostly good (just hope it does not shit the bed at the end like his rebirth (the way the conflict was resolved that is im largely neutral on the 4th wall break))

Dc loves weird sex.

He has sex without help (sometimes its more magical sex then traditional fucking though)
Just needed john to concive a child.

Thats probably why they are refrencing it here then.

The art is not a good fit

I think its mostly just the way johns face is drawn

It looks lousy in general and kind of unfinished. It's also not moody enough. Not really a good fit for the supernatural.

I hate young well groomed John. He needs an aged look, not old but someone who's gone through a lot of shit. He can still be good looking but in a more rugged way

Moritat is also working on the Aliens Life and Death mini at the same time

THE HELLBLAZER #2
Written by SIMON OLIVER
Art and cover by MORITAT
Variant cover by JOHN CASSADAY
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“THE POISON TRUTH” part 2! No one likes rejection—least of all John Constantine. But even if three’s a crowd, he’s going to find a way to get involved in Swamp Thing’s hunt for Abigail Arcane!
On sale SEPTEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

that slut looks really scary

>mercury on the cover with a moterbike
I really really hope they dont use that get the psychic to get the demons name from his mind shit again.

HELLBLAZER #3
AUG160239
(W) Oliver (A/CA) Moritat (CA) John Cassaday
“THE POISON TRUTH” part three! In Constantine’s world there are old friends, useful friends, dangerous friends…and then there’s Chas, whose screw-up threatens them all.
In Shops: Oct 26, 2016
SRP: $2.99

Oliver has a pretty good idea of how to write chas so this should be decent.

etrigan and constantine when?

issue 3 apparently

I reckon its either nergal or some sort of non demonic creature.

Or maybe ellie

Wow, Ennis take John for Section 8, i love his Constantine.

Yep its gonna be great.
Hell i expect that whole dam series to be great the preview for #1 was incredible.

It's not like Swampy is the weirdest passanger he ever had. Even Dream took a ride with him and John once.

Can't they just hire Ennis again?

Yeah its probably just paranoia after the tv show.

Come to think of it are they allowed nipples under this rating its not as big an issue as the swearing but it would still be nice

Well ennis is writing sixpack and dogwelder and issue 2 has john.