Miscast on a female character

Miscast on a female character.
Why it has become a rule in this days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kx4ErVSK1mc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Gal Gadot
>Miscast
Ok she's thin but she's been exercising hard lately for JL and WW.

Don't bother. No amount of logic or reason can fight Sup Forums's insistence that Diana had a Barda/She-Hulk bodytype in all those imaginary comics they never read.

But Wonder Woman isn't a Jew. No amount of exercise will get rid of her Jewish features.

Greeks and Jews are like the exact same thing

Thanks for the insight, Sup Forums

At least Gal Gadot is the right race.

They probably could have got someone with an easier to understand accent and had a more similar body type to wondie, though.

uh huh

Only time Gadot looks remotely good is when she's photoshoped as buff.
And her acting is pretty much terrible.

Which features? A filled wallet?

Gadot
>skellington
>thick accent
>bad actress heading her own entire movie

Zandaya
>actually a model like MJ
>just a supporting role
>makes even more sense than original MJ considering this is Queens

>makes even more sense than original MJ considering this is Queens
Nigga there are a shit ton of white girls in queens.

It's no weirder than casting 6'2" Australian Broadway actor as Wolverine. Or a blonde pretty boy as the Joker.

>Blonde pretty boy as the joker
which one?

I can guarantee you that there are less people with red hair in Queens than there are black people in Queens

>people honestly want MMA fighter girl from Deadpool as WW

Gal wouldn't have been my first choice but lets be serious here guys

This, I live there

Hair Dye is always an option

>Zandaya
She did that thing where they draw on a monobrow and then add another layer of skin make-up to fade it in that picture.

I know tons of people that still hate Hugh Jackman as Wolverine because of his height.

"Man, fuck Wolverine in those films"
"Why?"
"Because Wolverine's supposed to be short!"

MJ wasn't from Queens. She was staying with her aunt because her family is abuse you shill

That's no justification to change the race of a character for the movie

Not that we even know that's what's happening yet, but still

>Gadot
>>thick accent

2 unforgivable things.

1 The accent, she had more than one year to say some lines without accent, the good side of being an actor is to be a chameleon, to be another person
2 Physically she had time to workout but it chose to be skinny

Now see how Daisy changed physically.

I'm actually genuinely excited for the new MCU spider-man

I'm honestly of the opinion that race doesn't matter at this point, so long as the core of the character doesn't change. Changing Mary Jane to be black, Spanish, Mexican or whatever, it doesn't alter the crux of the character. She's still a young girl living in a poor neighborhood of the most culturally diverse city on the planet.

Changing Flash from a big brolick jock to a skinny indian kid DOES change the character. Even if the form of bullying switches from physical to mental, that's still altering a very large part of Flash's personality. Eliminating the masculinity and strength from his character weakens his role as a whole. It makes the advancement to joining the military and becoming Agent Venom much less believable. It alters the essence of what makes the character interesting, and is therefor an issue.

I think not keeping MJ as a red head is pretty detrimental since that's one of the main things she's known for. Race swapping with Heimdall or others isn't such a big deal since their race isn't part of their recognizable traits.

Dude I get no pussy but here's my critique on what I think would be the ideal choice for this actress lmaoo

>Having sex makes you better at picking casting choices

Know a fuckload more about the female body than you, four-eyes.
>DUDE WONDER WOMAN NEEDS TITS XDD
Stop being under the age of 25 already.

Is that Michael Mando on the middle left?

Never fell for the Far Cry meme but he was definitely one of the more fun parts of Orphan Black S1/S2.

Do we know who he's playing?

>marvelshills in full damage control mode

I became OK with the accent after I read Perez's Wonder Woman and realized she does have a slight accent.

Diana isn't a Jewess either, but it's okay when DC does it.

>but she's been exercising hard lately for JL and WW.

Meh

But race swapping Heimdall in particular DOES remove a recognizable trait, namely his sibling relation with Lady Sif. You can preform some mental gymnastics in order to make that relationship still work, but the fact of the matter is, race bending Heimdall (without race bending Sif as well) was detrimental to the essence of the character. Mary Jane's appearance is listed as "Stunningly beautiful redhead." I feel like the "redhead" aspect takes a backburner to the the "Stunningly beautiful" role. If there was a choice between, say, Donna and Jackie, I would honestly prefer Jackie for the role because she's prettier and fits the aspects of the character better than JUST having the red hair. You get where I'm coming from?

Another good example is Kingpin from the Daredevil movie. Kingpin being black or white has no real baring on the character, but the strength, presence, size, and tone does. Michael Dunken had a presence that was unrivaled at that time, so he was a great choice for the role.

I suppose you're correct. Thinking back on it I think one of the reasons that I didn't like MJ in the first Spider-man films was that she didn't check the "stunningly beautiful" box.

The MJ one is still only a rumour tho

>B-but Gonzales is a reliable leaker!

He was wrong when he said Butterfield was the new Spiderman, when he said the original Captain Marvel was going to be Starlord's father in GotG 2 (and Gunn personally cornered him on Twitter until he admitted he was wrong), and even about Planet Hulk he said it was going to be adapted into it's own movie, not that Hulk was going to be in Ragnarok

I'm just happy that Spidey gets Dark Meat in his diet finally

But you have to admit not making MJ a redhead is a superficial change. How much does hair color really add to a person's character? Is there any part of Spider-Man's story that requires her to be a redhead or white for that matter?

Amy Adams was fine as Lois Lane because Lois Lane isn't required to be a brunette. Same with Daniel Craig and his blond hair. He was fine as Bond. People blow this shit out of proportion.

I was a little irked at first as well but you've gotta admit that a black girl who can really nail the role and have MJ's spunk is way more preferable to Kirsten Dunst's wooden and lifeless performance from the Raimi films.

>I was a little irked at first as well but you've gotta admit that a black girl who can really nail the role and have MJ's spunk is way more preferable to Kirsten Dunst's wooden and lifeless performance from the Raimi films.
I'm certainly willing to give her a shot, I'm not running around on the internet and cursing out the movie because of it. Just a little irked by the idea (if it turns out to be true) until I see how well she can play the part.

>just because reds aren't common in queens means it's okay to flat out change the character.
Discrimination is okay when they do it
You know what else isn't common in queens? A fucking spider man

No, she hasn't.

MJ is supposed to be thicc, Zendaya is a bean pole. Also, they go to Forest Hills, which is 60% white.

MJ hasn't been thicc in years.

>Is there any part of Spider-Man's story that requires her to be a redhead or white for that matter?
Is there any part of Spider-Man's story that requires MJ not to be a guy, while at it?

Is that kid next to the Asian girl native American?

Every comic book character is a beefcake or thick so no.
A random citizen in capeshit has the body of a bodybuilder

Yes, the part where Spider-Man isn't gay.

I was thinking of Heath Ledger

Wouldn't part of her character be that her being a redhead makes her an uncommon sight in queens? As in, her being 'unique' makes her more special.

It doesn't matter anyway. No amount of outrage will change the decision if it's been made. One of these days I'll wake up and my own skin will be black at the rate their race changing characters.

Have you tried not being such a sperg?

Hmmmmm

NO

I guess if you want to completely change Spider-Man's character as well as Flash Thompson, Harry Osborne, and anyone else who has been attracted to her then sure, we could make half of the high school cast gay just to make MJ a guy. Your argument is stupid and you know it's stupid.

>MJ hasn't been thicc in years.

Blame the editors, Quesada the first on the list and the awful pencilers

youtube.com/watch?v=kx4ErVSK1mc

>Wouldn't part of her character be that her being a redhead makes her an uncommon sight in queens? As in, her being 'unique' makes her more special.

That's never been a part of her character in any comic book I've read so if you could point me in the direction where it is I'd be happy to comment on it.

MJ isn't unusual because she's a redhead. It's because she's hot. That was the whole punchline of the first comic she appeared in. Remember the whole "Aunt May trying to set Peter up with his neighbor who is probably a homely or boring girl who actually turns out to be a total babe"? She's a bombshell and has an outgoing, extroverted personality that contrasts and complements Peter's more nerdy, introverted one. Zendaya is very cute. She looks the part way better than "actual girl next door" Dunst did. Zendaya would stand out in a crowd. She's a star. That's already one mark in her favor as far as I'm concerned. And with Marvel actually behind the movie and not just Sony, I'm also pretty confident we'll see an outgoing girl who makes Peter's life a little more fun. As long as MJ meets that criteria in the movie, I'm happy.

The only thing I don't blame Quesada for is creating Azrael.

Is there any part of Spider-Man's story that requires him to be straight?

Technically every character could be bisexual and it wouldn't change a thing unless they're specifically anti-gays. However if we were to make Spider-man straight up gay then it would change/tarnish his relationship with characters like Black Cat, Betty Brant, Gwen Stacy, Liz Allen, etc.

On the other hand Yung was the best choice.

>We need someone to play the most iconic and prolific female superhero of all time
>Let's get some no-name stick figured jewess who can barely speak english and was somehow one of the worst actors in a Fast and Furious movie.

i like this wonder woman better

She won't because her primary money comes from modeling. And designers are shit at making clothes that aren't made for stick figures.

Who the fuck cares? It's not even a confirmed rumor.

Jesus, Sup Forums is going to turn Sup Forums into another Sup Forums

So, she don't give a damn about be Wonder Woman

at least Gadot's still white.

>alleged form employee

Be funny if this guy turned out to be the Janitor or some shit