Where were you when Sausage Party saved animation?

Where were you when Sausage Party saved animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/sausage-party-story-details-evan-goldberg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>saved
I like sausage party but animation is still at its adult swin state. Opening the audience to more avant-garde or ''mature'' animation would be better.

No it wouldn't.

>DUDE FOODS HAVE SEX! SO AWKWARD~

Does this mean that food can reproduce? Is this the solution to factory farming and world hunger?

You're mothers house

How's death on Bizarro world?

I was here not calling OP a hetero for not making a constructive and genuine thread.

audiences don't want animation to be anything more than 20 minute animated joke machines.

Huh, this film was directed by Greg Tiernan, the same guy who changed Thomas the Tank Engine to CGI.

So that's two things to hate him for.

dude most of them had gay sex so I doubt it

In a universe where it was an awkward, unfunny excuse of a movie that hopefully will be forgotten in a couple months.

The pitta bread with the beard makes me really uncomfortable. Food shouldn't have facial hair, it's disgusting.

>Sausage Party saved animation

You misspelled Kubo idiot

What makes Kubo any more ground-breaking than the last three Laika movies?

I was at home not watching Sausage Party

Kubo is kiddy shit.

We should change that.

We shouldn't.
We don't want Ghost in the Shell.

We do.
We don't want Sausage Party.

Eh it was okay. The criticism of religion was a bit on the nose and in the end it just goes bonkers with orgies and portals because they couldn't figure out a good way to end the story.

6/10

Still better than Disney.

People don't want pretentious bullshit, they want fun.

on Sup Forums answering bait.

It's not bait.
Sausage Party saved adult animation. Now people won't think cartoons are just for kids.

STILL A BETTER LOVE STORY THAN TWILIGHT XDDD~!!!1!

>saved
>came out and turned parents off of taking kids to see animated movies just in time for Kubo to come out
Fuck Seth Rogan

>Sausage Party saved adult animation.
No, it condemned it. Animation will never be taken as a serious medium appropriate for adults as long as the only "adult animation" that gets produced is fucking gross-out sex jokes and shit.

>that one autist from a previous thread who went into great detail about how Nitrogen pissed off the Thomas fandom

BTFO

To be fair, Kubo is shit.
It's just a corporate cog in kiddie movie machine.

Apprently the people at Disney/Pixar were pretty pissed about the movie being basically a mockery of Disney movies.

Meant for

We should change that.

That was the whole point.
Nobody dares mock Disney/Pixar movies so it was up to SP to do it.

And they failed misreably.

People parody the disney/pixar style all the time, what are you talking about?

We shouldn't.
If people want deep stuff, they should read a book. Movies are for fun.

ebin

Not that guy but these were their exact words.
collider.com/sausage-party-story-details-evan-goldberg/

>Sausage Party made $15 million its second week
>Kubo made $12.6 million its first week

>movies are for fun
No form of media is made for one specific style of execution. And more people watch movies than read books nowadays, so the deepness of books so be brought to movies.

So what's the problem?
Not everything can be like your anime.

Stop shitposting.

It's all worth it even if one dumb moviegoer changes his mind about animation being a legitimate form of making a movie.

This.
Sausage Party was a game changer; it challenges of viewers.

Sausage Party commits the ultimate sin, it is boring. It is not shocking or funny or witty or clever or even disturbing, it is just boring. There was no line pushed, nothing new, nothing but a few puns that you would hear in frat for the first week till everyone got bored of them.

What makes this any different from Fritz and South Park? Their movies didn't change the game.

I don't understand why these people poke fun of Disney for being childish when even Disney movies and shows are more mature and grim than this sack of shit.

Now while it did save animation, it did it mainly for the adult audiences. Remember those 80-90's adult cartoons? Those are barely made anymore but because of this movie, they might make a comeback. Problem is though, since this movie was successful other movies will try to cash in on the success of adult animations. Soon the market will be flooded with these, now while some kids movies will be made from staples like Pixar and Dreamworks, now there will be another group of companies cashing in on Sausage Party's success.

How has Sausage Party changed a damn thing? It's just a continuation of the trend for "adult" (by which I mean shock and gross-out humor that appeals to teenagers who want to think they're being adult) animation that already existed on TV.

That's all Sausage Party is, 3D animated, theatrical release Family Guy. It's nothing new or different.

>The movie aimed at kids proves that cartoons arent just for kids

Watching a good movie, called Kubo

And you think Family Guy or all the other fox shows haven't?
Sausage Party did jack shit other than line seth rogain's pockets and you're an idiot.

How is it any more challenging than the average adult swim show?
Nobody seeing this shitpile will think "maybe we can have more mature animated films", they'll think "wow can't wait to see the next full-length family guy episode".
It does nothing to move adult animation forward other than to enforce the idea that the only thing adults care about in animation is comedy shows.

Go away, Seth

Pretty much all food you ever eat comes from some kind of reproduction.

movie's out already?
is it fun?

any screencaps? I always liked the modelwork of the original TV series.

it's fun if you aren't some easily offended SJW and don't expect a pixar masterpiece

There's a difference between finding something offensive and finding something stupid.

Baking some popcorn in preparation for the shitstorm on Sup Forums. All it needs are some tears for spicing.

No, I didn't watch it. I don't support this kind of thing.

>novelty wore off really fast desu
>stereotypes were the laziest part of the film.
>second act stalled hard

at least the douche character was fun.
>k so
>queso: yes?
>THATS A STRETCH AND YOU KNOW IT

other than that, it was incredibly bad. The orgy at the end wasn't even shocking.

Goddamn it Twinkie.

It can't save animation if it has no impact on the consumer base at large.

Sorry, but it's true.

Easily offended?
Please, Sausage Party, for all it cracks itself up to be, did nothing.
It was boring shit that you could just look at by watching Family Guy.
Honestly, if it was capable of offending me, it would have been, while not enjoyable, atleast it'd have made an impact, it would have done something, there would have been a point in it existing.
But it gave us nothing of the sort, it just copied things before it.
The controversy of being shown to kids?
Deadpool already had that.
Raunchy humor, and fedora style edge?
Family Guy.
Parodying Pixar and Disney?
That's been done so much Disney sometimes do it themselves.
You know what I hold in higher regard?
This thread.
It, and the morons within it, have shown me, truly, a sucker is born every minute.
Either that or I the bait, in which case, 9/10 fuckin' spectacular.

The orgy scene was unbelievably tame. Felt like a Family Guy cutaway that went on too long.

>Honestly, if it was capable of offending me, it would have been, while not enjoyable, atleast it'd have made an impact, it would have done something, there would have been a point in it existing.
I don't know, I'd say it made quite the impression on you based on the frothing rage expressed in that wall of text you just spewed out.

t. didn't watch the movie