“He’s on me!”

>“He’s on me!”
>“I’m on him.”

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/pDIqL
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Bane doesn't crash the plane and survives

Is Nolan memeing us?

Why would his pilot friend land in the water instead of throwing himself out of the plane?

getting caught was part of his plan

He was too low to parachute

He was too low to bail out safely and the water was fairly calm. A parachute requires a certain altitude to work correctly, so if he bailed out he'd just hit the water without being slowed down. Would be like jumping onto concrete. Ditching the plane at least meant the frame would take most of the impact and not his body.

no you don't understand, this is pre-TDKR bane

>puts on the mask, is able to remove it sans extreme pain
>crashes several planes without getting on board, doesn't feel right
>doesn't feel big
>even tries crashing a bigger plane, still feels like a small guy
>becomes depressed
>crashes his own plane
>makes sure that the fire rises
>gets caught, but it was part of his plan
>his master plan
>this all feels right
>at the climax of the film, he feels big and in charge here

Farrier is reborn in a metaphorical 'womb', i.e his own fighter plane. In it, he is born truly - becoming Bane, and laying the ground work for the plane scene. This was a character origin story explaining Bane's disposition in TDKR.

Bravo Nolan, this was truly all part of your plan

So why then did Bane tell him to throw himself out of the plane? You see he even considers it, going as far as to slide open the cockpit window, before deciding to do an emergency landing.

He could parachute at first, but then he slides the cockpit window down again and decided to stealth shoot the last Stuka down while gliding with the engine off. After that he was also too low to parachute so he landed and burned the Spitfire so the germans can't take the technology.
Basically instead of just saving himself he sacrificed his life so he can save all the rest of the brits on the beach.

oh fuck, just realised I misread your post, I thought you were asking about Tom Hardy's last moments

How does this affect Alfred, who's on the Spitfire radio at the beginning?

>begins in the air
>lands plane
>burns plane
>fire rises
>gets captured (part of his plan)

it's like the TDKR backwards, what did nolan mean by this?

It inspired him to go to Burma.

>In Nolan's new World War II film, Dunkirk, Hardy plays a Royal Air Force pilot whose face is hidden behind an air mask for essentially the entire film, and before that, he starred as the masked terrorist Bane in Nolan's Dark Knight Rises.

>According to Nolan, the decision to hide half of Hardy's face in Dunkirk was inspired by the actor's masterful performance as Bane in the last installment of his Batman trilogy.

>"I was pretty thrilled with what he did in The Dark Knight Rises with two eyes and couple of eyebrows and a bit of forehead," the Inception director told the Press Association. "So I thought, 'Let’s see what he can do with no forehead, no real eyebrows, maybe one eye.'"

>The experiment only solidified in Nolan's mind what a unique talent Hardy is. The director marveled, "Of course Tom, being Tom, what he does with single eye acting is far beyond what anyone else can do with their whole body, that is just the unique talent of the man, he’s extraordinary."

archive.is/pDIqL

was crashing my sides part of your plan?

So Dunkirk is essentially the spiritual sequel and canon prequel to TDKR.

I'm thinking of rewatching it in IMAX. Is it worth it?

Definitely. Watch it in 2d and get seats in the middle

>tfw lived long enough to witness the birth of the nolanverse

The official Baneposting canon is all of Nolan's work plus Star Wars, with the prequels being more directly pertinent to the story of Bane.

Nice trips. Thanks for the input.

At least you can talk. Who are you?

>twitches his lower eyelid upwards
>does this in every movie
>ACTING GOD

Who we are matters not. What matters is the evacuation