Based Board Games

Why is Risk the best board game?

What is your favorite strategy?

or is it monopoly? capitalism is cool but so is war

Play some fuckingh dominion instead, ya gay.

is there a board involved?

play the other players against themselves and do the base minimum each turn whilst racking up cards/stars

Jerk of in 'stralia until I have 10 trillion troopas the take everything

I like to go for australia or south america first, making sure I take over a territory every turn for the card

how do you play the players against themselves?

No, it's cards. All the cards

also, don't bore the other players to death on a power turn. just casually roll and attack only one place at a time. otherwise they will get pissed and leave

monopoly is great as long as no one quits, and everyone plays by the real rules. hate it otherwise

need to know as well

I tried the housing shortage strategy and everyone got pissed

I feel like an important strategy for board games is making sure people don't quit lol

by placing hints all night that it's high time someone beats someone else as you aren't interested in a certain area. Ensure both sides see themselves as enemies all game. even if it means playing shit and slowly

hmm, my friends think I'm a sociopath and don't trust me. will this work?

>literally buy everything
>mortgage on everything and buy more
>get lucky and get set(s) since noone trades with you and win
>otherwise lose
>the game

have something else you need do at the same time. like cooking or something, so you can keep leaving and coming back. or even better, childcare. If players think your worrying about a certain childs restless sleeping it will give you all you need to not be considered a threat

No. This is shit tier compared to what other games are out atm. The game comes down to who can roll better/who can turtle better, the australia faggot or the SA faggot. Both strategies are boring.

Twilight Imperium 3 is Sup Forums the board game. Politics, war, trade, diplomacy, deception, FUCKING SPACE, this game has it all. Every game is different. Every map is different. Each race has its own distinct qualities that make it shine. And even if you are dealt a subpar race, you can still win despite the odds stacked against you. This game doesn't necessarily snowball out of control. Comebacks are frequent and need to be watched for by the point leaders.

pic related is pretty fun.

Arabia literally gets culture for blowing up buildings which is hilarious.

It also takes two days to play just one game.

Yeah monopoly has shit balance.

>Arabia literally gets culture for blowing up buildings which is hilarious.
no way

It is not the best board game. Still fun though.

Take Africa and Europe + Middle East. You only have to defend four territories for a massive gain. Iceland, Ukraine, Middle East, North Africa

I have taught the game to probably a dozen or more people. Depending on the size of the game it can take anywhere from 2-3 hours to 8 hours. People need to be thinking of what to do before it is their turn.

>Sup Forums board game
>no secret hitler mentioned

Disappointed.

Always rolling 6 is a winning strategy.

yeah it's all about defending your continent with as little border territories as possible. I like asian/australia with Kamchaka, mid east, ukraine

You guys have poor taste

This. Dominion is very fun and strategy changes all the time because there are different cards to purchase almost every game.

They gain culture for using a resource, Gunpowder has a special ability to spend two resources to blow up a building.

Last time I played the faggot playing Arabia sat in his corner blowing up people's buildings while going for a culture victory until I got plans and flew over and Pearl Harbored as Japan.

Fair Enough.

Always do the opposite of what Xxcha say.

Actual war games are better.

best board game coming through

what? are you serious? what a fucking faggot

I think I have tried this game. You have to write your orders down on paper yeah? Fun game. I learned a valuable lesson. If you are going to betray someone, go for the heart and show no mercy.

Settlers of Catan is pretty neat

explain the concept

Has anyone ever played pic related? My brother thought about buying it and it sounds interesting.

>Try Australia
>if not, go SA
>if you can't get SA, go Africa
>if you can't get any of those three, just get a huge doomstack and keep on reinforcing that stack and try to get the card on each turn. If your stack is too strong to attack, you can eventually try for one of the aforementioned continents, or even NA or Europe if you're THAT strong
Vanilla Risk is ok, but not that great desu. Some editions are pretty well balanced and fun though.

THIS

>Trump the game

Diplomacy is great. Gathering experienced players can be a pain sometimes though.
>Do note that I think that playing with a newbie or two works, but the game is somewhat lost on them when writing orders takes so much of their attention on the first few years.

Actually Trump has his own game.

You need to control the majority of the map, you do so by using armies that move around the map. The game has systems that help diplomacy a bit too, like a currency system that you use for becoming king or other titles. The King can decides turn order and decides ties so you can use that as leverage.

Other players can support each other in combat too, adding more to the diplomacy of it. All this on a very cramped map makes for a very back-stabby game that (in theory) rewards smart diplomacy and manipulation and shit.

These strategies. Take upside-down land while defending southeast Asia. Then make my way up north to bridge across to north America. Then do just enough to hold territories in all continents until the calvery arrives.