C'mon guys...

C'mon guys, it's just a movie! It's not like they'd change the character in the comics as a cheap way to to make it look more like the movie.

Oops!

Ultimate Fury was around before Samuel L. Jackson took the role

Giving a character a son isn't a change though

>MJ had a mixed race daughter with Robbie Robertson when she was 19. She is also called Mary Jane

>who is Ultimate Fury?
kys OP

No, making that character look exactly like ultimate fury and trying to make him slowly take over real furys role, was.

Because this not-Samuel Jackson character has been so important in the comics, right?

I don't read Marvel so I wouldn't know, but that image is literally all I've seen of him for years now.

>Giving a shit about non canon universes.

Ain't no big thing if you've always had the headcanon that Nick Fury is actually the eyepatch and not the person wearing it, and it just possesses whomever puts it on and they gain the memories and experiences of everyone else that's worn the eyepatch and been Nick Fury.

Ultimate Fury was a major part of the Ultimate comics universe. He was the original black Nick Fury.

The black Nick Fury of the main Marvel universe is nothing, a non-character, he does nothing, he's never around, and he's not even a fucking SHIELD director, he's just like a shit-tier agent

You know how I know you dont read comics OP?

Actually he has.

But apart of the Black Illuminati for some reason.

Thats the thing that bothers me about the character. Why go to the trouble of creating him if you're not going to use him? He doesn't even act like Ultimate Fury.

They should have waited until Secret Wars and had Ultimate Fury make the jump to 616

>Ultimate Fury was a major part of the Ultimate comics universe. He was the original black Nick Fury.
I know that, I was asking specifically about the 616 look alike, which admittedly I could've been more specific about in the post.

But ty anyway.
Like what? Asking specifically about the one who was made for synergy, not the one who appeared in the UU.

Me not giving a shit about Ultimate means I don't read comics? Okay, sure thing, I'll let you keep believing that lie.

>non canon

What did he mean by this?

all Marvel comics are canon, user

they exist within their own continuities which are considered part of the infinite Marvel multiverse

contrary to what certain writers would have you believe, a literally infinite set of universes means that it is impossible to truly destroy any given canon, as each time it is destroyed, another universe branches from it in which is it not, in fact, destroyed

having said that, Ultimate was shit and deserved to die

i think he was telling us he's a colossal faggot

His existence, getting rid of Nick Fury is a very significant thing, even if they don't use the character ever. Even in the book they use to write classic Furry off in, Original Sin, he just kinda stood in the background.

not giving a shit != non-canon

I think he means Ultimate Universe isn't canon to the 616 just some off the way AU nobody cared about.
I mean he's not exactly wrong, they tried to kill it for 10 years.

Yes, but at the end of the day those are all still elseworld tales. That's like if they made Black Panther white and you pointed to that one What If- issue has a reason why they did it.

It's an elseworld tale, of course it's not canon to the main universe you retard.

He thinks people are ok with this. I hated it since day one

You're in the minority.

Friendly reminder that Marvel supports Trump.

And 60's Spider-Man showed up in spiderverse, that doesn't mean his universe is canon.

It wasn't an elseworld, they crossed over more than once. It's been a canon part of the multiverse (w crossovers from Exiles iirc) for over a decade now.

I didn't think they were that smart.

Elseworlds aren't even Marvel topkek

They're VERY smart.
>pander to people who will never vote for Donald
>donate the money they spend in Marvel to Donald

I'm not talking about what's canon to the multiverse now am I? I'm talking about main universe, by your logic DC is canon to the main universe since they crossed over several times.

The character is but not his history as far as 616 is concerned.

You're still wrong. See Yes it is. You don't read comics

And yes, at least in JLA/Avengers it is canon and they created a loophole intentionally so that neither company had to mention it. It's still canon. If you're talking about the crossovers from the 90s, most of them aren't canon either. They were never implied to be.

We can hope.

Not OP.

To specific characters yes, as far as the main universe is concerned no.

The event is canon, but their universes are still separate, the events Marvel has doesn't effect DC.

I want Sup Forums and wikifags to leave.

So you mean to tell me that you think he's 616 Reed Richards gone mad. I bet you follow shit like Hellcat.

OP's a troll at this point.
Is completely non canon?
Literally no one is saying that.

canon Reed Richards was impacted by the event, so was Miles, despite Miles showing up in 616 nothing that happened on Battleworld 2 impacted the main universe. Therefore the events of it aren't canon to the main Earth since it didn't take place in it.

Genius.

Yes, you are, because Ultimate Reed Richards isn't the canon Reed Richards. You're saying that he is since his origin is canon to 616.

Back to your hugbox!

funny how they couldn't hold a few more years until they could've bough the real ultimate Fury to 616 with SW

the event years in the making my ass

>Donald loses
>sjws have been giving money to a loser

>Sins Past 2.
Apparently it's Sup Forums now to reference the poor excuse they used to make Fury black.

Just stop OP, you're way too obvious at this point. The way you completely misinterpreted user's question about the Maker shows you don't read comics. Go pick up a book.

Says the one who started to delete their posts. I'm guessing I was right about you following Hellcat.

Not me. But it's clear you don't read comics. That jump in logic you did with the Maker shows you're reading Wikipedia.

But I'm not. And my point still stands, his history isn't canon, but he is since he exists there. What books are you following, enlightened one?

>Yes, you are, because Ultimate Reed Richards isn't the canon Reed Richards.
Nobody is saying that either By your standards 616 Reed, who isn't technically in the main universe, isn't currently canon.

I'm not even sure what's going on in this thead.

Black Nick Fury was a major character in the ULTIMATE COMICS line of comics. He was the OG Nick Fury there and featured heavily in several books.

In the main line OG Nick Fury, who was white, had a mulato son who's also called Nick Fury and this one does look like Samuel L. Jackson. His son now took his place as the Nick Fury that interacts with everyone. He's the only Nick Fury you will see going forward. This was done for movie synergy.

So now two different lines of comics have a black Nick Fury.

No, he is because his origin and history took place there. By your standards Army of Darkness is canon with Japanese Spiderman because they exist in the same multiverse.

>Giving a shit about non canon universes.

Lol please. I say it's an astute observation considering the MCU has copied as much from Ultimate comics as it has from 616. Plus everything is its own canon anyways. MCU isn't just 616 depicted on the screen. The MCU is its own beast in the same way 616, Ultimate, and every other fictional Marvel universe are.

In shorter words, cry more fag.

Yes, by my standards they are canon. That's how a fictional multiverse works. They don't affect each other and aren't really related, but they are canon.

It's a win-win situation.

Obviously this thread is meant to talk about this. If you didn't realize that then you're a fucking retard.

They're canon to the same multiverse, but those separate realities aren't canon to one another. If events caused them to meet, then the event that happened would be canon to both, but not their respected universes.

That's what we've been saying this whole time dipshit.

And if someone hopped from one universe to the next the character itself would be canon to both universes.

ITT: The topic gets derailed by two retards with a misunderstanding.

Ultimate Nick Fury never fucking reality hopped to 616, not even during Last Days. They're saying Ultimate Nick Fury is canon to 616 because they both exist in the same multiverse.

No, what caused this argument was you saying the Ultimate Universe was non-canon.

It is, the events that impact the Ultimate Universe do not impact the main universe. The only thing they have in common is some characters from their universe interacting wither characters from the main universe. The only thing they have in common is that certain events happen to be canon on both realities.

He's based on Ultimate Nick Fury, which existed before the MCU existed.

Non-canon != not impacting the main universe. That's not how multiverse fiction works.

It's canon to the same multiverse but the individual universes are not canon to one another, what's so hard to understand about that?

Clearly they're referencing this.

Earth-616 (Marvel Universe) and Earth-1610 (Ultimate Universe) were both canon and characters from both universes cross-over several times.

Though, after the recent SECRET WARS event both universes were erased and in it's placed was born a new universe: Prime-Earth.

That's how the main universe is called now after the events of SECRET WARS: Prime-Earth. And Prime-Earth mix elements from both Earth-616 and Earth-1610. Like Miles Morales.

Can we end this silly discussion now?

But user

It's called Earth-8
No one's having a problem understanding that. The multiverse is endgame in what's considered canon and what's not considered canon, so we should be talking about it on those terms.

It's not called Prime Earth, it's called Earth-616-8 or something like that. Apparently something like that happened seven times prior to Secret Wars III.

OP has been slowly moving goal posts this entire thread to mask the fact he doesn't read comics.

Tom Brevoort calls it Prime-Earth, indicating it is the first universe created in the new multiverse.

I guess I should just throw my copy of Nextwave into the trash, since it's noncanon.

>Earth-8
That shit's never catching on.

Either way Nick Fury Jr isn't Ultimate Fury and he DID replace his dad who's now quasi-dead on the moon. So Ultimate Fury being black doesn't really mean shit in that context, 616 obviously just wanted to make SLJ Nick Fury in the canon that mattered.
No just don't get pissy when people don't treat it as canon.

Except this is a thread that's clearly about 616 so why would we even be considering the other Earths?

I've seen other writers call it different things in separate books. I'm guessing this is another issue where editorial refuses to do their job.

The user who said UU wasn't canon changed it to another discussion.

It's over, they've taken over.

The dream is dead.

Mighty Avengers made it canon to 616. So did Nova and I think Ultimates did too.

So, literally half the point of Secret Wars was to make things simple and concise again and they've already failed at that.

Samuel L Jackson was cast cause the comic character was modeled on him...

No, these faggots did.

What did you expect from Marvel?

They didn't say a damn thing about what's canon and what's not. You brought up that subject matter.

More like he was cast because Marvel didn't want him to sue for using his likeness in the Ultimate universe.

Al Erwing was the one that pushed for the whole Universe-8, but that refers to the 8th iteration of the universe, not the number of the universe.

So the new main universe is called PRIME-EARTH, it's just referenced sometimes as Universe-8 for it being the 8th iteration of the main universe.

>tfw MCU Nick Fury is a nicer guy than UU and 616 Fury

>Giving a shit about what's not canon to 616.

There, happy?

He's literally talking about comics you sperg.

For curiosity's sake, what does he consider the 7 other iterations of the universe?
>There, I posted something that's actually correct, happy?

Because /that's/ not gonna get confusing fast.
I actually want 616 black Fury to be more aggressive like his old man. It's one of my favorite aspects about him.

I have no idea how the previous 7 iterations of the main universe were like. They didn't really went into that.

I felt it was pretty obvious what I meant, but if I have to simply everything I say fine.

Holy shit, there's not giving a fuck, then there's that.

Who was the editor on this?

They implied one of them was the TAS universe, but I think that was retconed.