Atomic Puppet

One of the most recent Disney XD cartoons that aired a month ago.
>In the series, the superhero Captain Atomic is transformed into a powerless puppet who is only effective when placed on the hands of his biggest fan, 12-year-old Joey Felt.
MEGA Link: mega.nz/#F!C8gzzYoS!sfboyzI0eoKLvdxd-395zQ
What's your opinion on this, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3EN4kiIxSs
instagram.com/atomicpuppet/
vimeo.com/111114794
youtube.com/watch?v=jo9AxcqJQmA
mega.nz/#F!C8gzzYoS!sfboyzI0eoKLvdxd-395zQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is the creator's fetish isn't it

It actually has a shit-ton of creators.
>Atomic Puppet took a long road to series. The idea was conceived by TV animation writer Mark Drop (Recess, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, The 7D) and writer/creator Jerry Leibowitz (The Mouse and the Monster). In Canada, the series was developed by John Derevlany (Lego’s Legends of Chima) and Brad Birch (Johnny Test), and overseen by Mercury Filmworks’ director of development Travis Williams (Total Drama), as well as Technicolor’s Creative Development team. Development in France was led by Heath Kenny, creative director for Gaumont Animation.

From what I've seen, here are my opinions.
Pros
>Original plot
>Main characters' interactions are not repetitive or boring
>Some of the bad guys get fleshed out in different episodes
>Writing doesn't suck, for a Canadian show
Cons
>CalArts style
>Some of the bad guys are just "Monster of the Week"
>Lack of backstory

>CalArts style
I'll bite, how?

It's like this user.

>I don't like this style
>therefore
>it's CalArts style

And that pretty much sums it up, so whenever you see an user claim a show is bad because it has a "CalArts style" simply just disregard that user's opinion.

for

Well, when I say it is a con, it is because that style is overused. I don't mean it as "shit I hate because everyone hates it"
It looks almost like Gravity Falls, for example.
You could perfectly put both Joey and Dipper in the same show and their styles would match.

To be honest, the designs look interesting (pic related)

>XD

Kill yourself

>7D
>Camp Lakebottom
>Pen Zero
>Counterfeit Cat
>Fangbone
>Pickle and Peanut
>Future Worm
>and upcoming Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer apparently
whats with all these shovel cartoons?

it actually looks like there's a lot of effort put into this cartoon's art direction, but its held back by its bland concept
i feel bad for the artists who put so much effort into something so dull

but anyways why make a show about a puppet if its not actually played in live action? why make it a puppet at all?

What I don't understand is Disney making such a retard decision with DXD.
Why can't they air cartoons in their original channel instead of creating another one that turns out ot be an american Teletoon?
As for your list, the only decent ones are 7D and Penn Zero.
I hope this new show doesn't end up being shitty

I'm with you, however I think this show has some potential, if it stops following the steps of Canadian toons
How would you fix it, user?

some shows can't be fixed beyond mediocrity if their concept doesn't allow them much freedom
i think Fangbone can be salvaged, but Atomic Puppet? i couldn't say

7D has its moments, i give it a B
Penn Zero is mediocrity incarnated, he doesn't really need anyone or has chemistry with anyone in his cast which is the problem

Well, the superhero formula looks good, and some of the previews look neat. I watched the first and the last episode from the MEGA and honestly the former is average while the latter is decent

but i'd also say 7D is another show really held back by its concept, its whole theme is that its a cartoon on the seven dwarfs? well the only one who's really funny is Grumpy and the Glooms and the other original characters
but the show is about the seven dwarfs so you need the other six in episodes doing stuff so it sticks to its concept

I have never watched Penn Zero, what is that show about?
This show looks promising. This and SVTFOE are the only good cartoons on DXD

Penn Zero is a Part Time Hero, he and friends go to different worlds that are in need of a hero so they turn into the species of said worlds and save them
simple enough concept right? but the problem is the characters are just ehhh
first you have Penn, he's your happy go lucky main character up for adventure
then you have the girl character who's the smart one who means business. she's also the one who tells them what's on the planet and such usually. her or their old lady who's basicalyl Penn's boss
then you have the fat friend who's the chill one
the problem here is Penn isn't really dumb to a fault, so he doesn't need the smart girl. her role can be easily done by a mission report by the old lady or a robot
the fat friend is chill, but it doesn't really get in the way of the mission ever, and him being sorta lazy doesn't angry the girl from what i've seen and he never really says anything note worthy in any episode
so Penn really doesn't really need his friends for anything
i've only seen a couple episodes but that's my impression on the show. the girl is cute at least

That sounds awful user. I guess that's why that show wasn't popular here on Sup Forums or in other websites. I saw some threads then it completely disappeared
I hope Atomic Puppet's writers don't make the same mistake

i mean its not bad, just super mediocre

Why is DXD quality inferior to other channels?
Are executives retarded, or do they have bad taste?

I think it's just the kind of atmosphere they've accustomed for themselves, so they pick shows that fit with the aesthetic or demographic they're produced for themselves.

>Conoghi already did fanart for the show
Off to a great start lads.

That's Simon.

Who are these semen demons

youtube.com/watch?v=N3EN4kiIxSs
8/10 opening sequence. I might give this show a try

Some chick from some episode. I think the one with the sword steals somebody's powers, but I've only seen random screenshots and have yet to have a chance to download the show.
I didn't even know if it was or is airing, I've never seen a commercial for it, and I think this is the first thread I've personally seen about this show.

Apparently the show premiered last month, stopped airing during August, and it will come back in September.
The MEGA link includes every episode up to date.

Simon strikes again!

Pauline is the girl with the sword who is Joey's friend who pops up periodically in the show, and the lady with the cat motif is Naughty Kitty, a villain from one of the episodes.

It's catchy enough that I ended up using it as a ringtone.

Let's hope that there is more new episodes of this outstanding show coming in September! :)

Now, 2016 is a great year for newer cartoons that I love:

>The Loud House
>Atomic Puppet
>Mighty Magiswords

So the show is on a mini hiatus, like Star Vs.

Seems alright.

For those who have seen the show, do ya'll have a favorite character? I like Pauline; and I'm curious as how she became friends with Joey or how she knows about him being partners with AP.

What next airdate of new eps?

The name of pink-haired catgirl villainess is "Disastro"?

It's Naughty Kitty I believe

Alright, the worst ep is "AP vs. Disastro II", reason that despite name the episode doesn't return "Naughty Kitty". Instead, the Joey's cat pet "Bubbles" becomes villain after consumes the cat food.

Thanks.

That's cause "Disastro" seems to just be what AP calls the pet cat.

Just got done with the 4th Episode, with that Tite-Grip guy.
At first I was intrigued, now I'm sort of impressed. Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I felt the action was really good, in that.

So this already exists.

What is it? I have issues with reading the text.

started following their instagram the other day....
instagram.com/atomicpuppet/

Lots of cool making of stuff on there. Seems like more work than usual being put in for a canadian show...

And I agree with the others that have said it, seems like the show have got better each ep.

>Psychosomatic Counterfeit
>Ex: Pauline A.K.A. Sword Sister
>by Union of the Snake
>For Adults only
I guess it's either a lewd art set, since that's what the artist usually does, or just a singular pin-up within what's usually a lewd art set..

huh..... I dunno, AP vs Disastro II was my favorite so far....

Maybe that's cause I didn't like Naughty Kitty....seemed like a pretty generic villain

Neat.

It looks slick, sounds okay, and the writing isn't terrible. It's the concept itself that I find lackluster.

Atomic Puppet is another one of those shows that seem to start in the middle of nowhere, challenging viewers to find a reason to care. Considering the talent behind the show and their relationship with Disney, I expect better.

Is it as good as fangboone which is an even better star vs

I've never heard of Fangboone; but I enjoy Star Vs.
What the show about?

>Fangbone is a nine-year-old barbarian warrior from Skullbania who has landed in Eastwood Elementary's third grade class to save his native land from the vile villain, Venomous Drool. With the help of his new sidekick Bill, a lovable, normal, goofy kid, Fangbone outwits his enemies while discovering the modern world, and the realities of his own world.
vimeo.com/111114794
youtube.com/watch?v=jo9AxcqJQmA

Like star the sidekick isn't useless and the comedy is okay

Huh, and the two main character's are both boys. I'll give it a look; thanks.

Thought the first episode of Fangbone was ok, but got tired of it pretty quick. Art and animation got worse and just kind of got tired of the stories...

>a Canadian cartoon that's actually well-animated and well-written

Holy shit.

>Writing doesn't suck, for a Canadian show

Mainly because it's written by Americans

Atomic Puppet is written by americans? Who told you that?

Heh, I think I found the same old lady or the same model in AP and Fangbone.

Reminder that EC-707 is a known pedophile from Brazil or Portugal who is obsessed with the boners he gets from obscure Canadian cartoons like "Atomic Puppet".

He will usually...

(a) beg (pathetically) for anons to buy him an entire season on Amazon USA or UK or whatever (always priced for over $100 per season), when it is abundantly clear that he can get it himself with his six million autism bucks

and/or

(b) shill his depraved and disgusting fan-art of underage characters from said obscure Canadian cartoons in suggestive situations (99% of the time in the nude or inflated or inflated AND nude) from his Deviantart account.

Please ignore and report.

Please report and ignore.

EC-707 is really and truly a cancer in the breast of Sup Forums.

Well, one of them anyway.

Well, hell. Doesn't Mercury Filmworks work on Fangbone, too?

No, I think they did the pilot for Fangbone and the series got done somewhere else

Mark Drop and Jerry Leibowitz are Americans

That has nothing do with who wrote it, they just created the original concept. The show was made in Canada with the help of french studio Gaumont

>Monster of the Week"
love this shit man
>CalArts style
wat
You mean this tumblr-ish Star VS forces of eevil/Steven Universe style?
its fresh and wacky. i liek it.

however i literally didnt see any episodes yet. post links guys please!

There is a MEGA link in the OP that has all the recent episodes.

Really? Please show it to us. Because I can't wait to see more! :)

Here's the link: mega.nz/#F!C8gzzYoS!sfboyzI0eoKLvdxd-395zQ

hahaha oh wow im a retard.
thanks!
i usually just run through comments without finishing OP's post

At least post an actual picture of the show as the OP so I can know whether to ignore or not

Mookie >>>>>>>>>> Joey :^)

You've got the name, the logo, links to the episodes, someone even posted a link to the opening, and others have posted screenshots. Not to sound pompous, but I'd think you'd have somewhere to go from there.

Episodes with this guy
are the ones I look for.
Good design, he's not just a "monster of the week". Now I want to see an episode showing his backstory, I mean, he's a professor so that sounds interesting.

>"Post an actual picture of the show"
>Thread is full of pictures of the show

Have we found a hidden treasure?

Go hell you and anyone who hates Canadian shows.

Hey, EC-707. Don't you have some Canadian children to molest?

Absolutely no.

Don't lie, EC-707. Lying always makes things worse.

I hate when autists give shows a bad reputation.
Canadian animation is on average mediocre user, just admit it.
Atomic Puppet is good because the writers are American, and part of the animation and production are French.

The writers aren't American. They're a mixture of French and Canadian. Production of the show was done in Canada with no US involvement. Which is part of what makes the fact that the show is as good as it is and looks as good as it does so amazing.

>he doesn't like CL
>he doesn't like PZ
Don't group them up with actual shit shows.