Can we ha ve a Young Justice appreciation thread?

Can we ha ve a Young Justice appreciation thread?

Shameless bum

I appreciate that it's gone. It was a awful horribly written mess that felt like fan fiction, in a pretty package.

Around here it's not well liked, indicative of the complete lack of taste this board has for the most part.

I see no bum in that image.

In reality, Sup Forums loves it because of shipping and because it took itself way too seriously.

I sure appreciated that episode that was a 20-minute info dump.

This show had some major pacing issues.

YJ is fucking awful and people have written essays on why. YOU are the one with bad taste.
It's like Korra, multiple years later we're not going to explain in painstaking detail why it's shit
Quick rundown
>horrible characterization especially the league
>bizarre dialogue including miserable catchphrases
>terrible romance, made worse by the fact that Weisman is usually good at romance
>Poor pacing, almost no action except for 3 minutes at the start and end of an episode
>Shit villains, lose every time, but say "fwafwafwafwa keikaku" after every loss, without payoff or logic
>First season was so bad it was aborted in a timeskip, which was also shit, and used for artificial character development because the characterization was so bad

Season 2 bloated the cast to its own detriment. Writing off most of the old cast in favor of new people made it very hard to stay invested in any character since any of them could be written off as well. There also wasn't enough payoff with the Light since every failed plan was just written as a step in another larger overarching overly nebulous plan. Basically, the showrunners played the long game at the expense of the short one.

>it took itself way too seriously.

that's kind of what made it good and bad at the same time

I will always miss the third season. The end result of all the fourth world shit, maybe even a red hood arc. And hopefully we would see Tim go Red Robin to solve the death of Batman

They'll never come back.

that's some gay-ass superboy.

Has he shown up anywhere else since this show made him an actual badass?

It would have been infinitely better without teenage angst and romance. Also the adults were mostly meh.

>shit talking 90's superboy
M8. Admittedly, Ricken really does draw a feminine Superboy.

I can't look at Artemis, Miss Martian, or Nightwing without thinking of Weismann's weird semi-canon headcanons on their sex lives. It ruined them for me.

>superboy and megan role playing as black canary in an actual on cartoon network television episode

You should know by now that we can't have an appreciation topic here since Sup Forums hates this show due to shit taste.

Surprisingly no. A lot of people thought Mad Dog in Nu52 Suicide Squad was him.

Aw c'mon, Miss Martian, sure, but Nightwing in the comics is a straight up man-whore, and Artemis gets one little tease

>They apparently had sex on the same floor everyone is constantly standing around talking about missions and having casual chat
>Batman can probably still smell the stain of their love juices when he is giving the briefings

>essays
People have written essays on lots of shit on why it's bad, it doesn't work as a blanket excuse as to why it's shit though dumbass. Also it was planned for a 3rd season, so they were in it for the long haul. Also the problem of marketing toys because CN likes to complain that action shows require more expensive toys while they can just shit out cheap figures for Adventure Time and Gumball due to the simple art style.
Welcome to anime, be happy there weren't nearly as many clip shows.

>I sure appreciated that episode that was a 20-minute info dump.

I actually enjoyed YJ and don't subscribe to Sup Forums's buzzword-full "criticism" of it, but one major flaw was how clumsy the exposition was in the second season. The show would've benefited from "Previously On" scenes to fill people in without having to do it in the episode itself.

Why is Nightwing a slut? He is not in the comics afaik. He has dated several girls, dated at least two teammates, and has casual sex. He isn't even 20 at that.

Her Tigress voice is so pretty hot desu senpai.

user, most people have at least a few sexual partners by the time they are 20, and that isn't even for a slut like Nightwing.

He totally is in the comics. Hell, part of the thing people like about YJ's Dick is that they bring up the Dick being a manwhore thing from the comics. The thing is, Dick's comic relationships are all spaced out over decades..a 5 year relationship here, a 2 year one there, a few issues of another there, etc. Enough to build a rep, but digestible.

>The team lost almost every fight in Season 2
Shit got so stupid.

Most people aren't that sexually active. By the time they are 30? Sure. 20. Nah.

No. He was a dork in the comics and no other adaptation has used the not-Deathstroke version of him that YJ made.

I want a season 3
I want Wally Back
I want Supergirl on the team.

Nice response to the points I made YJ faggot

>It's okay for it to have horrible pacing and do clip shows because I like it
Jesus wept

The problem with Season 2's pacing was the fact that halfway they probably found out that they weren't getting a third season. The season started out fine, the problem was they had to keep pushing the story and give briefings and exposition on shit that was in the comics which weren't really advertised that much and only certain characters got characterization there. So we're at an impasse user, do you keep going forward with the fucking plot you had planned for an additional season or do you characterize your new team? The time skip helped them ditch some of the cast and start from scratch, the problem is the cast before was already barely characterized, so yes, I agree that the pacing was bad except that most of the characterizations you saw besides Superman being a bum dad were stuff from the actual characterizations people were used to or seen before. Batdad's been a thing in the comics for years, Fate being a selfish prick was well-known for readers, and other shit that you probably want to complain about.

you need to get out more. Most girls are that active and most guys who are really hot like dick are as well.

Since this thread is here, I have a question. I rewatched it recently and there's something I didn't get.

At the end, the light and the reach break up.
The main JL folk are away, due to reach/light's plan to keep them off world. The reach tries to blow up the earth. Luthor and the light are no longer with the reach, so they try to stop the explosion.

But savage uses the warworld to keep JL off planet while Luthor, flash and YJ try to save the earth.
Why?
Did savage betray the light? Did Luthor? Did the light break up?

Savage didn't want the Earth destroyed I would imagine.

My question is, when the League returned from Rimbor someone asks Aqualad to explain why Mt Justice is destroyed, but when they left he was a betrayer and only Nightwing, Wally, Artemis and Kaldur knew about his being a double agent.

If savage didn't want the earth destroyed why did he use warworld to ensure JL couldn't come back from the planet they were to help prevent earth's explosion?
Why user?
Why?

This show had nobody I wanted to fuck.

It didn't have anyone that drove me crazy, but there were several that I wouldn't mind.

He was warning the people of Rimbor, and by extension, the entire galaxy, not the JL specifically.

>Superboy being a plank of wood is based on the comics
>Miss Martian being a bad Cartoon Starfire (already a horrible characterization) knockoff is based on the comics
>Dick Grayson being an insufferable faggot is based on the comics
Get fucked casual, don't assume everyone else is a wikipediafag like yourself

His warning was "don't let JL leave or you go BOOM"
It was obvious to keep JL there. But relations with reach were over and JL wanted to stop earth from exploding.

It makes no sense.

His warning was for the rest of the galaxy. He was basically saying "Don't fuck with Earth." He wasn't trying to keep the JL from leaving Rimbor.

Reminder that this was the best episode.

Dick is an insufferable faggot. And apparently you never bothered to realize that all of Miss Martian's attitude and outlook is based off her expectations from an old in-universe sitcom, not Starfire you overbearing faggot with a chip-on-his-shoulder. Superboy is angry. Which is light on characterizations, but then again, they made him seem a whole lot older than his actual comicbook counterpart. And the post-Death of Superman Superboy was bad. So fucking bad until they put him on a team with kids his own "age."

>not Misplaced
>not Coldhearted

I hated that episode and I think you only liked it for the incest vibe.

I really wish they followed the comics on how they characterized Jaime. Fuck Blue Beetle was terrible in this show.

>I sure appreciated that episode that was a 20-minute info dump.

Are you talking about Summit? Yeah, that's true, but I loved the character interactions, especially Black Manta and Black Beetle's nigga moments.

Oh I remember that they had the terrible gimmick of the sitcom, how could anyone forget the HELLO MEGAN?

Glad you agree Superboy's characterization is horrible and is only matched by his worst period in the comics

Dick is never like he was in the show, it was a stock "quippy, cocky asshole" characterization.

The show is bad, you can like it all you want but stop attempting to defend bad writing

I'm pretty sure most people have like 3 girlfriends or boyfriends tops by 20.

You probably only like the twincest scene.

I didn't think of that scene that way until Weisman said what he said. I thought Miss Martian simply was kissing him as BC and didn't realize how that was wrong, not some weird roleplay stuff.

Nah family, I liked it for the super-villain prison stuff.

what was wrong with him? I liked YG Jaime

It always pissed me off how they never explained where did the twins powers came from

The comics had him on a much more friendly basis with the Scarab and didn't have him pissing his pants and wanting the Scarab removed if he ever had any inkling of a chance.

Why? It's an expanded comic book universe, do you really need an absolute explanation?

Weisman does love his prison episodes, and I do too. But Spectacular Spider-Man had the better one since it took place late enough to establish a lot of the villains in it.

Do you ask about the powers of every metahuman in comics? Some people are just born with them.

All that shit's on camera too most likely. Wouldn't be surprised if Tim fapped to it now and again

>ywn smell martian love juices

>The comics had him on a much more friendly basis with the Scarab
Oh, I liked that conflict. The Scarab's savage nature and Jaime being constantly disturbed by it.

I didnt mind the conflict with the Scarab in the show. But it was dumb as hell at the end when the Scarab suddenly became friendly with Jaime and turned against the Reach with no explanation or on screen development.

The problem with it is Jaime in the comics just talked the Scarab down, but didn't actively fuck with everyone else's lives by some desperate bid to either silence the Scarab's more violent tendencies. Hell, the Scarab ended up developing its own personality and qualities due to Jaime talking it down all the time and making it think more outside the lethal avenues it always wanted to use.

The scarab was always friendly towards Jaime. They would disagree on decisions, but it always respected Jaime's decision. Even when fighting against Black Beetle for the first time, the scarab asked for Jaime's permission.

The Reach controlled the scarab remotely and robbed it of its freedom. So when it was cleansed from the Reach's control, it only reinforced the bond between them.

What bond? Jaime hated the thing and wanted it reprogrammed and when the brainwashing was undone it suddenly decided to play nice. Any development was implied and off screen

That's just shoddy writing. The comics did it better

I was hoping to rewatch it recently but Netflix only has the second season for some reason.
I'm still holding out for them funding a season 3 though.

Not true.Most powers have an explanation even if It's magic

They're just as strong as superman for absolutely no reason

I liked Young Justice, the points this user makes are perfect indicators of what went wrong with S2. The plot became too crowded, likely because at that time DC Nation suddenly fell apart and CN, Warner, and DC were shitting themselves trying to pretend that everything was fine (speaking of which, I'm still not sure why CN launched an entire initiative to incorporate adaptations of DC heroes only to suddenly get cold feet AFTER the block started and shut it down).

In any case, Young Justice was alright as far as I'm concerned, but the payoff for its plots and character arcs were downplayed by the cramped storylines. S1 was clearly an introduction season, there should never have been a time-skip.

The best thing about this episode was Icepick JR becoming a character, and then he doesn't get any follow up save for season 2.

There is one thing that I didn't like about this show, and that was the "tacticool" (for lack of a better term) vibe that everybody gave off. The team went on black-ops "missions" and had to be trained like child-soldiers. It was all a bit over-serious to really be taken at face value. That's why I think anybody criticizing the way the League was characterized in this show are kind of in the right: they come off more as insufferable SRSBZNESS guys than anything else.

>bizarre dialogue including miserable catchphrases
literally just one person had a definitive catchphrase and it's not even bizarre because they explain it

you can say it was annoying, but you clearly don't understand what you are talking about which is insane given how explicit they made the content

The fucking premise of the show is broken due to the "mission" bullshit
>You can't join the league because it's too dangerous
>Lets send you on missions where you regularly fight the exact villains that we said we didn't want you fighting, but you still can't be in the league lol
Seriously fuck this show

Robin had "whelmed" and any way of cutting off prefix/suffixes, Bart had "crash the mode"
get the fuck out of here faggot

His warning was "Hey aliens: you saw what the Justice League was capable of doing to you... Don't retaliate by invading/destroying Earth or I, Vandal Savage, will destroy youse guys with the stolen War World."

That's what he fucking meant.

Is Sup Forums so contrarian as tu actually call Young Justice bad?

Holy fuck what a shit taste

Again, the scarab argued with Jaime and pulled out guns sometimes, but it never really crossed a line, and ultimately did what Jaime asked. Jaime didn't notice that respect, and when he found about the future, he became paranoid about the disagreements they had and thought the scarab would overtake him.

That's why Jaime and the scarab are both grateful of their arrangement after they were out of the Reach's control. They may disagree on stuff, but they still work together and are nobody's puppet.

I mean, if you want to disagree on how the execution, that's fine, but there was clearly a character arc between Jaime and the scarab.

I didn't have a problem with Robin being a little shit after talking about it with a friend. If this is Robin starting out, near the beginning of his career, than it makes sense for him to be a little shit. They even incorporated this directly into the storyline when he ended up deferring to Kalder's leadership.

This ended up getting fucked by the time-skip in my opinion, because suddenly we go from Robin to Nightwing with zero clue as to how he got there. The journey towards maturation would have been much more interesting than the invasion arc, which seemed more or less like a drawn out way to get the Reach involved with Earth.

Bart's "crash the mode" was a purposefully annoying silly future-talk, but the narrative twist is that "the mode" is a reference to the Reach's control schema.

It actually has season one on there. I know because I was watching it yesterday

They're not supposed to fight those villains. They're supposed to be recon and intelligence assignments.

Also, even the League acknowledged they were in the wrong for talking them down. That's why the Team gets to work in the Watchtower alongside the JL by the end of season two.

Did the team ever get a name? Batman just always calls them B Team, no one used "Young Justice".

Except he's not because after a short time skip he becomes nightwing

>not supposed to
>almost always do, which was obviously going to happen because they're insane supervillains
>take 2 full seasons to rectify an entirely retarded premise
excellent writing

We are getting this
I've got no objections

Literally the second paragraph of my post.

there was like this deliberate effort to avoid calling the team by a name that I always thought was weird

It's one of the best depictions of the DCU and was some of the best action in a western cartoon at the barest of minimums. I'm not going to go point by point especially when half of your criticisms are staples of Saturday morning superhero cartoons.

Daily reminder that outside of a few obvious filler plotlines Season 2 was some of the tightest plotting and pacing in a superhero cartoon ever and Sup Forums has no idea what it's talking about. And initially it was supposed to be a 10 episode miniseries, and CN ordered 10 more episodes (causing the filler) and then proceeded to turn around and cancel it.

Not that guy you were arguing with, but it wasn't THAT good. It was decent. GLTAS was better. In fact, out of everything we lost in 2012/early 2013 YJ is the least one I want back.
>Tron Uprising
>Motorcity
>GLTAS

It wasn't better than Green Lantern. Probably JLU is the only show that's better in the superhero genre.

And tons of people shit on it relentlessly for those same two reasons

The relationship stuff is a staple of the genre in both mediums. It's hardly substantial enough to overshadow the better aspects of the show.

Wait, I started watching Korra recently (In the middle of season 3).

Can you elaborate on why Sup Forums and/or yourself thinks it is shit? (Ideally while keeping big spoilers of season 4 and late season 3 tagged/blacked out)

Unless this is bait you really don't want to hear that. Korra is easy to pick apart but is still way better than Sup Forums thinks it is and you are arguably in its prime.

No I agree, I didn't even pay much mind to it since I've seen it in so much fiction over the years that it is essentially background noise to me. Some hate all of that just as much as other people love the stuff, I guess my point was there isn't just one concrete reason people like a show no matter how much the board likes to generalize every single thing on why people love or hate it.
Well is right, it is a Pandora's box that still hasn't been fully sealed years after the show ended.

korra is mediocre at worst and legit good during seasons 3 and 4

unless a couple of minutes of lgbt pandering triggers you it's not shit

Literally don't mention her series in this board. Autists will literally come out and treat her show like they actually dated Korra and she badly broke up with them.

They have an unnaturally intense hate on for her.

Korra (show) actually becomes awesome in season 3

YJ is liquid shit all the shit all the way through

>girlfriends or boyfriends

You're acting like you can't have sex with someone that you're not dating

>Likes LoK
>Expects people to believe his taste is anything but shite

>korra defense force out in a YJ thread
Birds of shitfeather Bubs...

>posts family guy
>expects his opinion to be taken seriously

>20s. Nah.

Oh user...