BABSGIRL VS BABSGIRL

SIMONE RUN VS BURNSIDE RUN DISCUSSION THREAD . Which did Babs better / which story was better / what did one do that the other didn't yatta yatta

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this one

Larson run is already better than both

I hated both equally, but for different reasons.

user explain im curious

I felt that Simone's run ranged from 'ok' to just terrible, while Camstew's was obnoxious the entire way through and also left a lasting, terrible legacy on the character.

The fact that you even actually think Simone's run is even the range of OK tells me that your opinion is trash.

I don't really care about either run. The Batgirl I want is Oracle, basically. Putting her back to Batgirl after that (especially a Batgirl in her early 20s) feels like such a cheat of all the character development Babs had and the unique role she came to occupy. There was at one point in the early/mid-90s for DC a logical progression where Barbara would have replaced Amanda Waller as head of the Suicide Squad.

>CamStew's run was obnoxious
No it wasn't.

can we choose death?

Burnside had the better babs and story.

imo both were fucking garbage but i guess simone did babs A LOT more justice but the story was a headache . it was fucking all over the place and never stayed on one story at a time . and kinda just shoved cameos in without having even having any explanation or follow-up to them . the worst part was I had just come back from reading Black Mirror before reading Simone's run . they fucking raped james jr's character who used to be one of the most menacing and terrifying villains in the batman mythos .+ the art was fucking eye cancer . but burnside was far worse imo . just mindless hipster garbage . :/

>Simone did Babs a lot more justice
Nope that's a load of bullshit, Simone wrote her like bad fanfiction.

>smug duck face selfie

at least she was in character and not just fucking ginger Stephanie Brown in Burnside kek

>tfw I remembered really enjoying Simone's Batgirl
>it was a long time ago and I have a shitty memory so I can't remember enough to defend it well

anyway
LEAVE SIMONE'S RUN ALONE

basically this. Although I did enjoy the mirror dude

>ginger stephanie brown
Spoken like someone who truly doesn't understand either character.

Yes it was.

What was obnoxious about it.

Yeah it most definitely was , my dude

No it wasn't.

Simone's run was edgy garbage while burnside was as hipster pandering garbage take your pick.

SATAN HAS SPOKEN.

He clearly doesn't like Batgirl.

Checked

that is one hellish get

repeating digits of truth

well shit, mega satans always right

Double satan equals one Jesus, and he speaks the truth.

Doublesatan's words are law.

D-double Satan!!

But he is the Doubleprince of lies!

I would choose Burnside every time.

I'm actually all for ignoring canon in order to tell a story as long as the canon its overwriting was stupid or old enough. But Bab's time as Oracle was the height of her characterization, so having her regress to what she was in Stewarts run just felt off. And I hate feeling like that, because lets be honest, if stewart could've he would have done it as a thing outside of canon.

But he didn't and now we're stuck with Hipster bitch Babs for eternity and we'll never see Steph or Cass as Batgirl again kms

>short as fuck Arkham DLC priced at $5000 dollars
>no Babsgirl Year One animated film
>they turn her into a slut in the Killing Joke movie

>mfw WB hates my girl

Same

I'm going to say something that needs to be said
>Oracle wasn't that great of a character
Having Babs as Oracle doesn't mean the writing is good nor does that not having Babs as the oracle means the writing is bad.

Stewart didn't regress shit tho so maybe shut the fuck up?

Tell us more truths, double Satan

>killing joke was still in place but didn't involve the sexual assault stuff because barbara was a teenager
>oracle still intact, birds of prey mentioned as an easter egg on her computer
>was kidnapped but still managed to give batman clues to her whereabouts and even helped in the big tank battle
my only gripe with it is that they very obviously deaged Oracle between Arkham City and Arkham Knight, due to Barbara's presence in Origins. We never saw her in City, but she clearly sounded like a woman in her mid-20s instead of an 18 year old and even her profile pic in Asylum makes her look older than she was in Knight. What's more, the change was mainly done so she could reasonably hook up with Tim. I don't give a damn about DickBabs but it's still really bizarre to have BabsTim instead.

this desu

I want to see what Simone's run would've looked like had editorial not fucked her over
She wanted things to be lighter but wasn't really allowed to and then eventually left over creative differences before Doyle showed up

Best Batgirl run comin' thru

Babs was definitely regressed mentally. The difference between Stewart's writing for Babs and basically every other comic she's been in is staggering. She acts more like pre-boot Stephanie Brown than Barbara Gordon

She's even wearing a Flying Grayson necklace. Fucking Dick probably dumped her, and she's using Tim as a stand-in

Regress really isnt' the right word, you're right. She was changed completely.

Again, I don't really blame that, because its clear the whole thing came as a pitch for Stewart's own take and DC made him have to do it in the "canon" book.

Oracle is great but I always thought binding her to a wheelchair really clashed with the entire setting, and her personality.

>Oracle wasn't that great of a character
OK. So, how is this not a matter of personal taste? You can say this "needs to be said" but I do think Oracle was a great character, so we're obviously going to disagree. Why is your PoV more valid than mine's, or vice versa?

>Two Green Lantern books led by different lanterns
>A whole bunch of Super books with two Supergirls and two Supermen

Why the fuck aren't they having more Batgirls since Bat books sell the best?

Holy shit where the fuck are you from?

That a load of bullshit

Why? Literally all you keep saying is 'no' without any reasoning.

How can you actually say the Stewart run didn't regress shit? It took like 10 years off her age for fuck's sake.

Arkham Tim is his own thing, really. He's more of a cipher for Rocksteady to create their idea of what a post-Jason Robin would be. He has his own sets of fans, who for some reason like the bald space marine look.

seriously, there's people who are weirdly attracted to the buzzcut look Tim has.

From reality and not from the delusional planet where you and this guy came from.

>it took 10 years off her age
That was the reboot, everyone got de-aged.

What pre-CamStew Babs stuff have you read? Ostrander + Kim Yale? Dixon BoP? Simone?

Where's your reason?
>he regressed her mentally
In what way?

justify barbara's stupid antics in stewart's run then.

This is a tough question but do you think maybe Babs just sucks?

Dixon and Simone and I can honestly say that any claims that Stewart regressed her in any way in bullshit.

Since Oracle is such a great character, what are her defining stories? You know, the ones where she takes center stage and shows what she's capable of.

I didn't post that m8.

>stupid antics
Name them and tell me why they are stupid.

her personality between simone's run and stewart's run was like an extreme fucking reset. different writers will have different perspectives on how to write their character, but Stewart's Batgirl is indistinguishable to the point where she may as well be a whole new character.

Genuinely feels like the Babs version of Damifag is ITT.

Or she just wanted to be friends with Dick because Arkham Dick fucking sucks worse than Tim somehow
the entire batfamily sucked

Not that guy but the superhero app thing was acknowledged as stupid even in universe.

Simone's Batgirl was terrible Fanfiction OC tho, way more than Camstew's Babs.

Her personality in Simone's run was horrible.

>Only one person dislikes Babsgirl

She didn't develop any Superhero app.

A double negative is a positive so we've got to listen to him

Double satan speaks, and we obey.

Double Negative baby!

I think best issues is what matters, because shitty runs can just be ignored.

Best part of what I remember from CamStew's run is Dagger type. And that's not counting the extra entertainment value of the transexuals losing their shit, and Camstew acting like a battered nu male housewife, and all the issues being retroactively changed.

Best part of SImones run... I can't think of anything. At least it wasn't as bad as The Movement.

Between the two, My pick goes to camstews run. But that's primarily for Babs Tar's art.

Whelp Mega Satan is right. How are we supposed to argue against them quads?

Ptf we all know this. She is utter perfection and still can't be topped.

Why do colorists forget Babs has blue eyes, not green?

Wildcat calls her "Green Eyes" in YO

>I felt that Simone's run ranged from 'ok'

Shittaste.

>ginger Stephanie Brown

Back to tumblr with you.

T H I S
H
I
S

There was never a sexual assault you fucking faggot

I really liked Simone run. It was one of the first Cómics from her that I read and liked how her relationship was with her dad, Batman and Dick. I also liked how she was alwayd worried about not being strong enouhg like Batman but still being positive. Her villians werent that great but the dialogue was enough for me. She really seemed like a sensible person.

I can understand if someone didnt liked it because she wasnt capable of everything like Batman or other heroes, but why you all talk about it like its shit?
It had the best art ive seen in a monthly comic too. Dont remember the name but it was the same who did Superman earth 1

Sure, sure. The Hooq app was just taken over by an algorithms based on Barbara's brain scans. (Because AI and algorithms are the same thing apparently).

>makes a habit of taking selfies with civilians and promoting herself on social media
>is self-absorbed in her own world/image and routinely shrugs off the feelings of people around her
>that whole fucking issue with dick, dear lord
>gets pissy at a cop she's on a date with because he doesn't agree with her view on vigilantism
>is overall childish and lacks a lot of the maturity that she's known for.
worst part is the writing acknowledges these problems but never does anything to correct it. the first arc was solid enough, but everything that came after it was trash.

>stripping her naked after shooting her, while she's completely paralyzed, and taking photos in order to traumatize her father
>not a form of sexual assault
it's not rape but come on

You're blatantly lying. The very issue you're talking about has Babs correcting her behavior and behavior that only appeared in the one issue.

How come you didn't post the page that proves it?

Neither comics were good. Larson's run looks like it could be okay.

That's inaccurate. She's supposed to have blue eyes.

>but why you all talk about it like its shit?

Because we where reading comics before and we where upset she wasn't Oracle anymore.

How about post it? Because if you read the issue than you would've read the last page.

I prefer her with blue eyes, its just what was written in the text

source?

Simone clearly loved Babs as Batgirl, and on some level you could argue her career had been building up to that run. To me it's a good example of why mega fans probably shouldn't take over writing reigns of said characters, at least when it's a solo book (her Birds of Prey run was great).

I mean, holy shit, one of the first issues literally has Bruce Wayne go up to her and whisper "You're the real and only Batgirl to me." That's straight fanfiction shit. And the straight up gruesome stuff she put in made me feel like she was still channeling Secret Six (another great comic) and not Batgirl.

I'm sure she had problems with editorial, but I'm not sure how deep they went. Anyone know anything concrete? Either way, she wasn't the only one getting fucked over back then. Nothing jived well in her series.

I never read the Burnside stuff, so I have no opinion on that besides it seems they just morphed Batgirl into another brand entirely.

Fuck, Batgirl's going to turn into Wonder Woman, isn't she? She's just going to get re-invented with every new writer, with no sense of continuity anymore. How horrifying.

A Batgirl falls in love with Batman.

Unable to confess, she is gifted by a deus ex machina with the millionaire orphan's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, she immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's confessions to Bruce Wayne, he only looks at her with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the man she called is not the same vigilante she fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the alternate universe counterpart of her crush, who has fallen in love with her AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as they strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip each other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of BATSEX.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

ALWAYS