What Thor: Ragnarok Learned From 'Deadpool' — And Why It's Going To Smash 'Justice League'

>Based on their trailers, which both came out over the past couple weeks, these two films (Justice League and Ragnarok) look and feel vastly different, both in cinematic style and story. While Justice League will feature many of the world’s most recognizable heroes (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and other super friends), I believe the god of thunder and his buddy Hulk will have a better story to tell and a better film to present, ultimately landing Thor: Ragnarok more box office success. And it's all thanks to the Deadpool effect.

>Thor Already Has Word Of Mouth On His Side: What made Deadpool so successful, other than being a fantastic film, was its marketing. It even won the Clio Award for Best Integrated Campaign. But let’s bring it one step back. A campaign is only successful if it draws an audience, and word of mouth made Deadpool a box office champion. After seeing the movie I immediately told my friends they had to see it; when they saw it they followed suit, telling their friends to see it. Thor: Ragnarok is looking to share the same fate as Deadpool.

>Thor: Ragnarok is mixing together fun, action and a colorful palette of visual imagery. Based on the first trailer, it will have eccentric and satirical characteristics — and a dynamic set of characters — while differentiating itself from previous #MCU films.

>Audiences will be seeing a completely different approach to Thor. His previous solo movies are perhaps the MCU's least fondly remembered, but Ragnarok immediately feels different and more in line with Guardian of the Galaxy. The teaser's spontaneity and fresh feel made it Marvel and Disney’s most watched trailer ever, surpassing even Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Thor 2 was so terrible. Honestly, it was one of the worst I've ever seen

>What Deadpool managed to do with its marketing, Thor: Ragnarok is already doing with its Taika Waititi-directional style and phenomenal female villain. People will be packing into theaters for this one, including non-comic book fans.

>Justice League Should Have This Level Of Buzz — But Does It?: Justice League is more than likely to bring in the same box office profit as Batman V. Superman on character recognition alone — but are many of those viewers truly excited for the story and its 20-minute longer runtime?

>Marvel likely knows the previous two Thor movies weren't its best, so it drastically changed approaches and the result looks truly captivating. But Justice League already looks familiar due to Zack Snyder's bleak vision, which has been dividing audiences for years now.

>Justice League Can Win The Box Office Battle And Still Lose The War: Will Justice League sell more tickets than Thor: Ragnarok? It’s a high possibility. But keeping to a financial perspective, based on a production budget-to-box office returns ratio, I don’t think that will make it the winner.

>Thor: Ragnarok is piggybacking off the success of 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Subtract GOTG's production budget from its box office returns and the total results to a spectacular $603 million profit. Justice League is piggybacking off Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice’s success, with a budget-to-box office returns difference of $623 million. An astonishing number indeed.

>But it’s remarkable that an unknown group of superheroes like the Guardians were able to bring in a nearly equal amount to the two most famous superheroes ever, plus a cameo from Wonder Woman. With a known name like Thor and a well-promoted appearance from the Hulk, the probability that Ragnarok will have a higher budget-to-box office return difference than Justice League is exceptionally high.

Reminder that Disney pays people to shill their movies.

Is this real? Is this guy literally, unironically shilling for Marvel?

Pls op tell me you have crippling autism and that you wrote this just for shitposting...pls tell me this bullshit was not written by someone that gets money to write about movies...

DCucks to it for free

>Thor Already Has Word Of Mouth On His Side: The point is that though Justice League might earn more money than Thor: Ragnarok, Marvel could earn a greater profit — especially if Thor: Ragnarok gets audiences pumped for Avengers: Infinity War.

>Even if Justice League manages to earn a little bit more than Thor: Ragnarok at the box office, though, I personally still believe Thor: Ragnarok will come out on top in relative profit and audience goodwill. The Thorevolution has already begun.

They said the same thing last year about Doctor Strange and Suicide Squad. Shills gonna shill and be really fucking dumb about it

Why are DCucks so fucking obsessed with Marvel?

>Justice League Can Win The Box Office Battle And Still Lose The War: Will Justice League sell more tickets than Thor: Ragnarok? It’s a high possibility. But keeping to a financial perspective, based on a production budget-to-box office returns ratio, I don’t think that will make it the winner.

IMAGINE being this ass destroyed after the absolute beating WW gave SM and pretty much everything else.
>inhales

Reminder this is a lie but is true.

We're in a world where Spider man will make less than Wonder Woman. Why even bother making prediction's anymore

>He's not going to watch ragnarok with his pals and girlfriend

Show me a fucking source for this, I can't believe someone other than a Disney Marketing intern wrote this

It's a verified fact. This thread is probably from one of their many shills.

To be fair, Thor 2 was so bad I am glad they are not going the same direction with Thor 3.

This is the kind of people happy about
*Inhales*
an oscar in
*prepares to burst*
MAKE UP
LOL!

Imagine being this much of a marvel shill
Thor will make money solely because marvel is more diverse

Zero Oscar

>oscarlet franchises obsessed with box office
Figures

Mods litterally made a rolling sticky for BvS, but I guess you are just gonna ignore that.
Coming out of your ass, doesnt make it verified.

MAKE UP
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

>not even make up
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Still zero

>triple the movies
>no even a makeup oscar

Lol

2 days ago? You see how that can be verified as fake right?
Even if it were legit, you are not addressing the subject: Mods are paid DCcucks.

>I believe the god of thunder and his buddy Hulk will have a better story to tell and a better film to present, ultimately landing Thor: Ragnarok more box office success.

Literally a shills talking about his fee fees

>Carlos Rosario Gonzalez
Why am I not surprised

>Sup Forums - Fucking Clairvoyants

Yeah, it's not like there are DCcucks constantly falseflagging.
Guys, seriously, dont make me laugh. Im trying to be serious here.

Yeah, fans do that.

I saw Thor's trailer for the first time at the movies today. I don't even have the words to express my disappointment. It might be fun, it might be enjoyable, but literally nothing in that trailer struck me as impactful or memorable.

And what the fuck? They just decided to say, "Fuck it, just turn the Hulk into Drax 2.0," or some shit?

I wonder if this guy killed himself for being this wrong?

DELETE THIS

>Im trying to be serious here.
Then you're already trying harder than Marvel. Zero oscars, jesus christ

He has to go back

Hulk doesn't suit the light hearted MCU. So they just change his personality

user, I bet you study to be a Make Up artist, but I dont, so, I dont care who has an Oscar in Make Up.

What did he mean by this?

holy cringe batman

Justice League comes out two weeks after Thor. Its going to have a big effect on it's tail end. Justice League has nothing against it until Star Wars a month later.

Why does it matter though. Is it not enough for your studio to succeeded but that others have to fail?

And I liked Hela a lot more before I heard her dialogue. That shit was incredibad, verging on badong. I actually felt kind of bad for Mommy Blanchette just trying to breathe some life into that hackneyed shit.

The media feeds on the DC/Marvel rivalry more than fans.

Marvel Juans

Marvel nonwhites

No we don't.

Honestly I treat anyone who calls Spider-man "Spidey" as a shill. Its such a cringy name

honestly, even if both sides do it for free, when I hear Marvel fans talking about the movies, it's mostly generic trash that really amounts to "omg, the movie was SO funny" while I hear more detailed stuff coming from DC fans who actually discuss characters, plot, etc.

not to start some company war bullshit but that has really been my experience in real life as well as on this board. everytime I'm in a Marvel thread, people who like the movies seem to be retards who know nothing about storytelling and movies while I often have decent discussions in DC movie threads (even if it's a bad DC movie)

why is it always more fun to discuss the DC movies while discussing Marvel movies is always a chore (even if discussing the good ones)?

I mean, what a fucking faggot...JUST

I want to fug both Pom and Gal...

>It's another Marvel Pajeets think Youtube views translate into Box Office Dollars episode

DC films, despite their hilarious lack of quality pre-WW, have made absurd amounts of money each. Thor won't even come close simply because of its source material

>All these DCpajeets
Did you watch both trailers? Thor looks miles better than Justice League

Not that Thor 3 looks good (it doesn't) i just hope it makes more than SpiderFlop. I'll laugh my ass off

honestly I think they went too far with Thor 3. It went from "this could be good" to "I'd be embarrassed to go see this in the theater".
Hopefully it turns out okay because I like Thor and the previous 2 movies were fairly bland.

honestly is that even possible? How could they have zero oscars? Im not even joking but I find that hard to believe
I had to BING it and its true. Literally zero oscars? Even after 200000000 movies?
I joke about how bad these movies are but now this is just sad

>Thor won't even come close simply because of it's source material
Dark World made 43% more money than the original without adding any new major draws
If we go by the numbers Ragnarok could make an easy $850 million+

I'm a DC guy, as in if i read comics i would read DC no question, but i watch whatever capeshit i can pirate and don't give a shit because most of them are generic shit.
That said i really enjoyed that Kiwi's movies and was hyped about Thor 3...then i saw the trailer...i really don't get how people aren't mad about what Marvel made Waititi do, they absolutely fucked him beyond recognition.

why does this spic have three names

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ragnarok looks and feels like GOTG and Deadpool's rapebaby.

>making predictions on Sup Forums...

>i really don't get how people aren't mad about what Marvel made Waititi do
Care to elaborate?

That isn't a box office prediction though, they're just saying it would do better

Watch his prior movies.

This is not unique to Taika Watitit thou, Kevin Feige is the real director behind all these movies...except for Shane Black, he just made another Lethal Weapon movie, like he always does.

Isn't Deadpool fox?

Seeing how Deadpool following wolverine origins didn't harm it's run, this might turn out to be true.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The article is literally:
>Hey kids! 'member Deadpool...we cool like Deadpool!

>they absolutely fucked him beyond recognition

pretty much. I imagined and especially hoped that Ragnarok would actually FEEL like Ragnarok. It should be a serious movie and actually explore an apocalyptic scenario. The Thor water scene in the Age of Ultron trailer had the perfect atmosphere that I wished would be used in Thor 3, darker, more serious and character driven. The way the trailers go, this seems like it will be a generic quipfest lacking plot, focus on character motivation and development and especially shitty colourful and bland CGI

What does this have to do with my post? I said nothing about DC

>What made Deadpool so successful, other than being a fantastic film

This. Exactly this. I lost an awful lot of hype after seeing the new trailer today, not that I had all that much to begin with. Thor's one of my favorite Marvel characters, too. To see him pretty much turned into a punchline breaks my heart a little.

Yeah it could easily do that thing that most MCU films can't

>Article by uma delicia

>watching capeshit
>ever

thread full of faggots

Deadpool sucked

How to spot a pleb

It looked so fucking good visually though. Do they still get points for that?

i wouldnt think it was so bad if the characters played it straight but the surrendering and situations were absurd

i was legitimately more excited by the sequel baiting of Dr Strange teaming up with Thor to deal with Loki, than the Strange movie overall which was pretty weak

Strange could make a better supporting character than lead protagonist.

Just like Spider-Man gonna smash WW right? You poor Marvel Drones

Thor gonna make 700M tops
JL gonna make 100% at least 800M

>Taika Waititi is wasting his time making this

I could deal with capeshit making drivel when they were just using journeymen directors but I can not abide them dirtying auteurs.

> 450M$ & 665M$
> Expecting to have better numbers than WW, Spider-man and JL who gonna make close to 900M$

Damn son you this dude is a fucking moron.

>have a better story to tell

Every Marvel movie is a copy of the last one. It's gotten boring. As bland as Batman v. Superman was, at least it was different, and worth it for the last hour and a half.

Pajeet stop using ....

> third iteration of Spider-Man in ten years
> last three Spider-Man films weren't exactly well received and each did worst than the last
> DC's third most iconic character starring in her first feature film in a market lacking (good) female leads in good films

cmon man this has waititi style written all over it