Jacob's Ladder Reboot

>Michael Ealy, Jesse Williams and Nicole Beharie will star in a reboot of the 1990 psychological thriller “Jacob’s Ladder.”
>Producers previously said the new film would be “more akin to an homage and not mimic the original.” The new "Ladder" has been conceived as a modern-day paranoid action thriller about two brothers.
Are you excited for audiences to think of some shitty action movie when they hear "Jacob's Ladder" instead of one of the best psychological horror films ever that never got the recognition it deserved?

jesus fucking christ on a bicycle.

>more black reboots
i wonder if this will fail

More like Yakub's Ladder.

>remake with black people
It's like they want to lose money

nice

(((They)))'re just doing this to mock the author.

Jammals StepStool can't wait

>The new "Ladder" has been conceived as a modern-day paranoid action thriller about two brothers.

what does this even mean. it's going to be like Underworld or some shit? i seriously cannot reconcile "Jacob's Ladder remake" and "action thriller" in my mind and have any clear picture of what this movie is going to be like.

J U S T

fucking hell liberals ruin everything, they know stuff like this is only creating bitter anger on the other side that will inevitably lead to civil war right?

holy shit please god no

why

For the love of god why

Not everything is about your autistic online social justice movement, billy bob

>about two brothers
a sister dont even get a mention?

>two brothers are in a car chase with a retarded looking demon mimicking the scene in the original where Jacob runs from the car
>a CGI winged demon jumps out of the car and onto their car
>driver yells "BUST A CAP IN HIS ASS NIGGA" then the other brother shoots the demon
pic related, the masterpieces the lead actor is known for

>modern-day paranoid action thriller about two brothers
So it's going to be a stoner movie in the hood?

>I-IT WAS HER TURN!!!!

Back to tumblr cuck.

Michael Ealy career is so shit.

>Williams said the upcoming film is a total re-imagining of the cult classic. And he's particularly excited the film will add to a genre that's historically overlooked black actors in lead roles.
"In the space of psychology thrillers, we are never really represented -- especially films showing black families," Williams said. "I’m looking forward to this."
why the fuck are they butchering the name of a fantastic, underrated horror movie for an excuse to make some totally different black empowerment flick? I wouldn't even care if the characters were black if it still has the spirit of the original but this is clearly a fucking abortion.
>fucking Jacobs Ladder is going to be the next muh social justice debate hotpiece
>tons of faggots from both sides latching onto it
is fucking nothing safe? Why does this have to happen to some obscure little horror flick?

What an odd property to reboot. the first one is a solid movie. Some producer must have had an idea for a movie and saw they had the rights to Jacob's Ladder. Slapped the name on the idea to try and sell more of it.

The film is all about making peace with yourself. When you've found peace, does anything more need to be said or done?

Why not make an original psychological horror with a black cast? Copying a film with a white cast doesn't seem like it would help their social justice cause much.
Look at the success of Get Out, an original film where the blackness of it is integral to the plot.

Liberals made the original film you stupid fucking faggot. Has that thought never crossed your mind,dipshit? Do you think of ANYTHING when you type or talk, or do you just spaz out and blurt whatever retarded thing comes across your feeble brain? Fucking hell. So dumb.

Exactly, especially because Jacob's Ladder has an incredibly strong theme/point already that is obviously being sidelined now, this post has to be right, there's no other reason this would happen. The name "Jacob's Ladder" certainly wouldn't sell tickets, even among horror fans and cult classics Jacob's Ladder is relatively obscure. The things it influenced (Silent Hill, The Sixth Sense) ended up way more famous than it.
Most filmmakers are liberal and Adrian Lyne had an actually good vision for his film, it has some political undertones but it takes place during a time that liberals actually had something real to fight for instead of having to make up stupid shit. The difference between the original and the reboot is pretty symbolic of the difference between Liberals of then vs now.

What the fuck

>Liberals then were against war and chemical experimentation on people
>Liberals now want war with russia and to pump kids full of hormones
I dig it.

>film is announced
>a black person is in it
>losers from Sup Forums cry about it for six months
More tears than SJW ever shed, you guys are really outdoing yourselves now.

WE WUZ CRAZY!

>immediately bringing up politics
pathetic, leave this thread

why

it's a remake of an influential film that holds up

The Thing from Another World was dated at least when Carpenter remade it.

That movie was brutal to watch, crazy how Robbins made it about the same time he did Cadillac Man

the bathtub scene is one of the best in any horror film

blackwashing

quality

She died for us because she was too qt and we're replacing her with that?

Guys, I'm crying right now ;_;

She died of drinking due to alcohol abuse.

I live in downtown Cleveland and desu black families would be a pretty prime topic for psychological thriller/horror:

>nearly everyone endured years of child abuse
>heavily involved in substances at a young age
>tons of murder in the area
>no education

Just saying it could lead to some cool setups for an interesting unreliable narrator psychological thriller.

Jesus I should move out of this shithole.

It's funny how the word "remake" got so much shit they won't use it anymore

Why is it always fucking niggers and not asians or latinos?

I'm sick of seeing stupid apes on this screen.

That's what I said, Tyrese.

>instead of one of the best psychological horror films ever

this nigger reboot sounds like shit, but the original wasnt that fucking great to be honest. literally only maybe the first 20 minutes are psychological then it becomes obvious whats going on and the y drop all the spooky shit and its justs words words words words followed by slow lingering shots of nothing and pretentiousness

>rebooting a single movie

Makes you hella think.

what's it like to have ADHD?

as a latino

what the FUCK

Jacob's Ladder isn't even safe from this bullshit

Doesn't latinos outnumber the blacks in america?

Maybe its' blaxploitation 2.0

Because diversity just means more blacks

fuck that. it's a great film leave it alone.

>another remake is announced
>cast is 90% ethnic with a token whitey

I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out before saying "Sup Forums was right" bros

>they cast the two lightest-skinned negroes in Hollywood, blue eyes and all

Not only will white people NOT watch this, a good chunk of the black community won't purely out of hatred of light skinned niggas. A bunch of twitter feminists and BLM Faggots will complain ad nausea about how Hollywood blatantly ignores darker blacks. Chalk this one up as a failure ASAP

then don't watch it? retard.

very nice

it was great. if you've ever had a/multiple psychotic episodes/experiences it's incredibly close to the bone.

>jesse williams' father is african-american
What the hell is this. I thought he just tanned a lot

This is Rashida Jones all over again but worse, atleast she seemed vaguely ethnic

Who says I'm going to watch it, you stupid aborted ape?

Why are niggers like you so fucking stupid?

Fucking this, I'm seeing of whining apes crying like bitches.

Yes but Asians are more underrepresented everywhere.

God fucking damn it. We need to amass all the gold in the world and shoot it into a black hole to stop these fuckers once and for all.

I watched Jacob's Ladder yesterday or friday, I don't remember, this made me google the movie again because I thought that Elizabeth Peña was qt as fuck and turns out she died in 2014, I also found out she was the chick in Rush Hour

Damn

>psychology thrillers

>completly change the tone and focus of the movie
>wahhh you hate it cause there r blacks n it
Way to miss the point.

The great whizzing has begun

Seriously? What the fuck is wrong with this world? Is nothing sacred anymore? Just piss on another classic film, it's cool, just collect your money you greedy fucking cunts.

Nicole Beharie is fine

>Nicole Beharie

99% of the time the word "reboot" is used incorrectly.

How is this a reboot it's not a f*cking franchise

>everyone who doesn't push my shitty agenda is a redneck.

YAKUBS LADDER

FUCKING STOP

>reboot

did people just forget the word "remake"?

>collect your money
What's the target audience for this film? People who liked the original won't see it because it's JL in name only. I hope the don't give the film a large budget, unless money laundering, because this shit won't break 100m. RIPD tanked and that had Ryan Renolds in his prime with the dude in it.

>What an odd property to reboot. the first one is a solid movie. Some producer must have had an idea for a movie and saw they had the rights to Jacob's Ladder. Slapped the name on the idea to try and sell more of it.
>what does this even mean. it's going to be like Underworld or some shit? i seriously cannot reconcile "Jacob's Ladder remake" and "action thriller" in my mind and have any clear picture of what this movie is going to be like.

Think Get Out, it was a commercial and critical success.

Hahah I just googled Jesse Williams and if you dont know he has a black father I actually wouldnt have known whether he was black or not.

Jacobs Ladder is extremely overrated. The ending was predictable from a mile away, I really dont see what the fuss is all about.

>Jamal's Ladder

if you watch films exclusively for the plot and "muh twist endings" you are hopeless

I'm not even white and still think this one of the stupidest ideas ever, goddamn...

>Why is it always fucking niggers and not asians or latinos?

Asians and Latinos don't complain as much. That's the primary reason.

>Jacob's ladder reboot
>Not remake
How do you reboot ONE FILM?

t. Assblasted Spic or Chink

Black people actually put in work creating online campaigns asking for more diversity. Latinos and Asians sit on their ass all day and then get mad when we get something and y'all don't. And if Latinos and Asians really wanted to see themeselves they can watch one of the many shows and films from their home country. African-Americans had already been separated from Africa for like 400 years before they were freed, we don't know what countries we're from and we definitely don't know any of the languages.

If you planned sequels it could count

LOL. Jesus fucking Mohhamad on a camel. Fuck you, Hollywood.

re... boot?

don't they mean remake? reboot seems to imply sequels

>he sits on his ass all day and hope people will make shit for him
the state of black americans

the guy in the middle is the new white

get used to it cumskin

Reboot is used when you restart a franchise. They just want to avoid saying remake, because remake is a badword in Hollywood now.

>The Nation of Islam theology claims that Yakub is the biblical Jacob. Mainstream Sunni and Shia Muslims reject this belief, or anything similar to it. The story has caused disputes within the NOI during its history. Under its current leader Louis Farrakhan, the NOI continues to assert that the story of Yakub is true, stating that modern science is consistent with it.

kek

Wasn't The Jacket basically a Jacob's Ladder remake? Also the whole Vietnam thing kept the movie from being anything special.

>reboot to a film that never had a sequel

1.) year old story

2.) fake article

>black people
>put in work

GIBSON?

Google it retard, it's real and in post-production.

isn't Get Out just Stepford Wives or The World's End but black people

you have got to be fucking kidding me

>blackboot

dropped

>The new "Ladder" has been conceived as a modern-day paranoid action thriller about two brothers.

double dropped

This one is actually offensive though because I enjoyed jacob's ladder

>directed by David M. (((Rosenthal)))
what kind of racist bullshit is this? why not a poc director? fuck this shit.

I would kill someone to hold hands with Nicole Beharie

if it ends up being any good i'll be amazed