Is there a comic equivalent to Oyasumi Punpun?

Is there a comic equivalent to Oyasumi Punpun?

Basicly whats a comic that got you fucking depressed

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/3o9xe89xp7dyx4a/Miss Don't Touch Me (2014) (Digital) (phillywilly-Empire).cbr
bato.to/comic/_/comics/dead-dead-demons-dededededestruction-r11881
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Funky Winkerbean

Fuck, Inio Asano is so fucking good.

This.

Everything by Chris Ware.

I wouldn't say it's nearly as depressing but Blacksads hits me hard every fucking volume he never wins. He barely saves the victims of their not already dead he gets screwed over constantly and never ever gets the girl

Vision by Tom King really Fucks you up in the Second arc

>That implied gay couple
That was the fucking worst.

Rusty Brown, right? Rusty Brown is the correct answer.

Please don't remind me of the pain of Goodnight Punpun; I wanna cry right now.

Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow pretty fucked up

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

Iktfb one of the best manga I've ever read
i will never recommend it

I'm thinking of buying goodnight punpun.
No spoilers.
What am I in for?

Seki, the guy complaining all the time with his teenagers depression, was really annoying.

Came to post this

I'm still waiting for the final arc where Blanche lives happily ever after and her mother dies a painful death after getting raped by BR monkeys.

The best manga ever made by an author who constantly makes amazing manga.

The last volume really hit it hard how fucked she was especially with that fucking bitch Mom

Sadness, more sadness, really mentally ill characters, pain, and despair.

I used to recommend it, but that was while it was still in progress. After it finally ended, I could not recommend it anymore.

Aiko deserved better.

Ah, I remember the monster threads we've had about all the fun times of Funky Winkerbean.

Will we ever get the final arc?

and Punpun got what he deserved, as much as I love the fucker.

Hi Funky!

Did he? DESU I can't tell what happened with the ending? I read it twice and I still can't tell if he got off or not.

this one was pretty sad

I remember seeing that page

Something in me died that night

Seriously, dude who hasn't read it yet, don't look at this. Major spoilers.

He's too weak to kill himself, he need Aiko to do it. But since she offed herself first, he's stuck in limbo with friends and family he doesn't care about. The tragedy is that without Aiko, he'll never be happy. Without Aiko, he'll never be able to die by his own accord. Without Aiko, he's nothing. But with Aiko, he's still a sociopath who knows nothing but suffering. At least before their adventure together, he had his memory of her. His perfect version of her. Now he doesn't even have that, as that dream near the end reveals.

I also forgot to mention the major use of the daruma and its significance to the plot. Considering the Pegasus is the foil to Punpun, we see how the Daruma affects them both. Pegasus completes his mission of saving the Earth, and so is rewarded by having his left eye filled in. Punpun, on the other hand, loses his left eye and therefore will never complete his goals in life. And as we remember from the beginning of the book, his goal was to run away with Aiko and live happily ever after together. The second he damages his eye, we know how the story will end.

Holy FUCK I love talking about this manga. I'm gonna have to read it again.

Sounds like you got some poetry right there user

user. I really, really like Punpun.

some kinda user storytimed this on mother's day
cried like a fucking bitch

Okay Sup Forums I'm into mood for a feels trip hit me with a list of the most depressing soul crushing graphic literature you can find
No spoilers

I looked up some pages and this actually seems pretty interesting. Although I don't know much about the Marvel universe, but I don't think it'd be a problem.

L'il Depressed Boy

It's not graphic, but check out No Longer Human. It's a short novel, only takes 2 hours to read, and is in the same vein as Inio's depressing shit.

I was in denial when someone first posted one page by itself (No! No it couldn't be! No!)...then the whole thing shown. I never thought I'd become so heart broken over a fictional character.

I couldn't love or care for Punpun anymore at a certain point, he made so many shitty decisions and treated Aiko like shit. I was glad he got a bad ending.

Stray Bullets
Love and Rockets
Flex Mentallo
The Death-Ray
Acme Novelty Library

Went into that not knowing anything at all about it. Fuck

Chris Ware and Daniel Closed. Read these authors, their stuff is really depressing.

*Clowes. Fuck autocorrect.

Pun Pun was so fucking sad it became funny at times.

Holy shit the despair and utter hopelessness Pun Pun embodied man.

Just a fucking hope vacuum.

I wanted Punpun to get his shit together. I wanted him to have a happy life.

cause if he could do it, maybe I could do it too

Is it hopeless to the point of being downright nihilistic or just really depressing?

At least Solanin had a happy end.

Not that user, but just really depressing. Punpun gets a bad end, but most everybody else carries on with their lives.

It's just really depressing, to be honest he deserves most of his suffering.

Ah okay. Do you know any of the nihilistic stuff? Like there's no hope and no matter who you are, you're going to your shit fucked up?

Western stuff, I can't think of any off the top of my head. But, if we're talking manga, then Aku no Hana might be up your alley.

Thanks.

>At least Solanin had a happy end.
I wanted to laugh at you then realized I was thinking of Sundome.
Fug.

I had to google it, but still got a laugh.

I'm about to do the same.

Yeah but Shimizu didn't deserve that.

any recommendations for other terribly depressing manga/comics? pic related, Not Simple

> manga
> Sup Forums

What's with this weeb shit invading Sup Forums lately? I mean seriously, just keep it on Sup Forums. I doubt anyone here read this nonsense if you're seeking attention.

Well, Wandering Son is basically a fourteen volume suicide note. If you have a stomach for trans-emo stuff there's that.

I'm up for any variety of human suffering i can find

Not a comic, but I think the later seasons of Morel Orel share the same atmosphere that Punpun has. I can't think of anything else that would be similar since Western Sup Forums stuff rarely focus on making realistic stories with nihilistic undertones.

The Maxx

>goes to an anime image-board
>gets mad at anime/manga
>unironically posts sausage party
Really nigga

it's a bait post, user. sausage-posters have been running around for a while

Ever heard of a girl's manga called "Life"?
It's about a bullied highschool girl who becomes a cutter.
Before she turns the corner and makes a real friend that shit is brutal.

Sup Forums is no longer just an anime image board. Hell that's why Sup Forums exists, because the world at large views shit like that in disdain and there needs to be containment.

I mean there isn't ONE anime or manga people nag me to see that I haven't viewed in total contempt yet.

>Is there a comic equivalent to Oyasumi Punpun?
The Quest for the Bird of Time has a pretty legendary ending.

Pun-dad did nothing wrong.

What was the name of the manga that got posted on Sup Forums, the one with the depressed cutter girl who hires a prostitute?

I was thinking of marathoning bojack horsemen because of all these threads lately talking about how its undertones are similar to Moral Oral.

Is it worth it?

I haven't watched it yet, but if all the bojack horseman threads have convinced you to watch the show, I say you could give it a try. It's been on my 'must watch' list for a while.

Although Hate doesn't excuse Brad's shitty behavior nearly as much as PunPun

Although not as dark as Punpun, Megg mogg and owl can be really bleak and depressing at times.

Vision is mostly a stand-alone comic. Anything involving Vision's backstory or the greater Marvel Universe is explained in detail. You'll be fine.

Watch Bojack

Got a mega/torrent for that user?
Either in french or english it's all good

mediafire.com/download/3o9xe89xp7dyx4a/Miss Don't Touch Me (2014) (Digital) (phillywilly-Empire).cbr

Thanks a lot user

>Just a fucking hope vacuum.

That is why I have a problem with the happy-good ending. It's completely undeserved. A last minute swerve that feels out of place.

You can't tell me he ends in a worse place that where he was headed. Minus one eye.

I thought the point was that Punpun didn't get the happy ending/satisfaction of death
and this

>the complete story

This thread just made my week.
I'll take a read at "It was the war of the trenches" is the most interesting one that comes to mind, but its more of a political/history/humankindisdoomed downer.

People who like Punpun on that level have been some of the best lays in my life.
Point is, ill masturbate thinking of you tonight.

>lately
Actual discussion like yhis is and was pretty fucking common, it's the retards that try to turn everything into a matter of exclusivity.

I want me a nice hentai doujin of young Aiko.

The constant draining of hope you still cling too, despite being proven wrong every time that anything good can happen to these characters you care about.

The despair is delicious. You will never bottom out

By Osamu Dazai, right?

That was such a great novel. Terribly sad too. Those Japs sure know how to make someone despair

What happened? Was it cancelled or something?

Anyone reading Asano's latest work, DeDeDeDeDestruction? It's definitely getting darker than his interview about it made it sound.

I haven't caught up yet because I don't know what group is scanlating it. Got a link?

The art, as usual, looked nice and I iiked the way the plot sounded

It's up on Batoto, you'll need to make an account (free) to read anything though.

bato.to/comic/_/comics/dead-dead-demons-dededededestruction-r11881

Plot definitely turned out to be better than I expected. There's just something about the way Asano writes characters and their daily lives -- it's one of the things I enjoyed the most about Punpun.

Thanks. I have a Batoto account - I don't know why I haven't checked til now.

Have you read his little standalone manga? Think it has something to do with the summer, or the rain, but it's one volume. Is it good?

Ah I haven't. The only works I've read by Asano are Punpun, DeDeDeDeDe and Solanin. I'm planning to go through more of his works (Girl on the Shore next) once I have more free time.

IKG is sad but life affirming. It's very much catharsis. Like, catharsis is what the whole story is about? It's not depressing in the least.

Girl On the Shore is what I was talking about

Himizu

Punpun's actions and mental state were cause by a bad family life Punpun never had any particularly good role models and his friends weren't much better off. His actions were his own but sometimes a person just knows nothing else

The Filth is a pretty miserable story

"Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth" and most of Chris Wares work is pretty depressing in its look at the human condition. Quimby Mouse is equally bleak sometimes

Solanin had a pretty non-end. Im glad (forgot her name) got her catharsis but she ends up not developing her life beyond that.

Grant Morrison has a decent amount
Annihilator
The Filth
Nameless

Also The Killing Joke is pretty nihilistic

Nijigahara Holograph

My friend told me the plot is overly weird and pretty bad. Reading the synopsis kind of made me agree