Tom Cruise: A Star in Slow-Motion Career Meltdown

msn.com/en-us/movies/news/tom-cruise-a-star-in-slow-motion-career-meltdown/ar-BBCrCFD?li=BBnbfcL

Are they right? Is the Cruise Bruised?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/o5Tvy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>msn in charge of news
Also thanks for posting the relevant info here chucklefuck, I'm not opening that link.

Can't ruse the Cruise

chucklefuck, that's funny, can I use that bro?

the cruise is doing fine

>only OT7

The Cruise cannot be abused no matter how much the jew machine wishes

Cruise hasn't had a huge hit for a long time, but he's like John Wayne: no movie he's in is entirely bad.
I present the persistence of mummy threads on Sup Forums as proof of this

Are Tom's Jack Reacher movies better than the books?

>implying that Cocaine airplane movie doesnt look great

3 years. Edge of Tomorrow.

Only seen the first, but Tom seems more realistic a protag than a 7 foot tall, doesn't exercise EVER man mountain who performs spinning neck breakers on 9 foot tall russians.

I thought the cruise movie looked fucking stupid. Then I watched it and was very pleasantly suprised.

>Scientology

He deserves it.

The last mission impossible.

and don't even fucking try to recuse the Cruise

i would never bemuse la cruise, but honestly neither of those were "huge hits"

Mission impossible movies aside hes like the only one that seems interested in "new" sci-fi/action properties.
These days the only medium to big budget movies seem to be capeshit or the bi-annual animated disney/pixar movie.

Cruise was the rightful Tony Stark

I didn't see the second but Cruise in Jack Reacher transformed what was basically a straight to dvd movie into something worth watching. Yes if you want to stick true to the books it should have been Batista or someone playing the role but then no one would have watched it.

Cruise loves the bruise it make him feel human.

how can one defuse the cruise?

He should do a film with a respected up and coming director like when he did Magnolia. Put him in the next Jeremy Saulnier film or something but don't try to make it a Tom Cruise film, just be in someone else's vision.

That would be the best way for him to get his mojo back.

has one ever attempted to enthuse the Cruise? or would that be too obtuse?

He was fucked the moment he shelled out for his first scientology course.
It's only been downhill from there.

it simply cannot be done

I wonder how much money he's made for them over the years.

I know Chubby Rain was successful for them

It's the other way around. They take every cent he earns and he has to smile as he's being assfucked.

>msn

Anything they write, I'm inclined to think the opposite is true. Also
>linking to clickbait

Reported. Here's an archive link for non-cucks who want to confirm this story:
archive.is/o5Tvy

With Cruise, you can't lose

i've heard it's theoretically possible to confuse then peruse the cruise

Why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about bowfinger?

>blog post news

>They

Cruise is essentially the second in command of Scientology. You fucking retard.

>has been a hollywood star for 40 years
>m-muh meltdown
top kike can't ruise the cruise

explain this picture

>Tom Cruise could still be a powerful actor, but the irony of his career, at least for now, is that at the very moment when he should be taking on more character roles, easing into a post-superstar creative freedom zone (as actors from Julia Roberts to Kevin Costner to Meryl Streep to Leonardo DiCaprio have done)
>Tom Cruise should slow down, not speed up

Fuck this guy

American Made looks pretty exciting. Cruise is one of very few actors who is a real box office draw these days. He puts asses in seats, even for the fucking Mummy reboot.

>has a handful of under-performing movies in a 40 year career.
>meltdown
at a time when known brands are a bigger draw than known stars, he's one of the last stars that with any pull at all.
He's Shane in the movie Shane.
It's not that he was a bad gunslinger, it's that the age of the gunslinger was ending.

This is very wrong. He is massively powerful within that organization. He is like one of their leaders.

Typical of the garbage that passes for (((journalism))) at the likes of msm.
>TOM CRUISE IN MELTDONW!!!111
>What I mean is, Tom Cruise is doing incredibly well, but I think he should be doing even more incredibly well!
>Woah, Cruise BTFO!
>Where's my Pulizter???

>The new Cruise era really kicked off with “Valkyrie,” the 2008 historical-curiosity thriller that cast him as a one-eyed German officer who became a secret member of the anti-Nazi resistance, leading a plot to assassinate Hitler. As ideas for movies go, this one wasn’t bad, but I remember being struck by how jarring it was that Cruise didn’t even try for a German accent. I realize, of course, that this isn’t exactly an issue of the strictest historical accuracy (the Germans didn’t just speak with German accents, they spoke German), but the point is: If you’re going to sign on to do a film like “Valkyrie,” why not use it as the opportunity to change up your persona? Don’t just give us the same-old same-old Tom Cruise, only now in an eyepatch and Iron Cross costume.

IT WAS LITERALLY THE DECISION OF BRYAN SINGER THE DIRECTOR, YOU CHUCKLEFUCKIMUS

i have been trying to convince people of this IRL and everyone laughs at me and brings up Knight and Day
what's my counter?

this
he's the last 80's action star still doing descent action movies (Willis's modern movies mostly suck)

who even cares, Cruise makes bank everytime

user, these are (((journalists))) we're talking about, you can't expect them to do "research" or to "fact-check" anything before publishing it. I mean, what even IS a fact? Fucked if msn knows!

Dump SP

Looper is great.

You can tell that Cruise is slowly fizzling down.

20 or so years ago, the range of Cruise's movies were dramas, romance movies, thrillers, action movies, etc. The only thing he does nowadays are big-budget cornball action movies. His range is winnowing as there is less and less material for him to engage in.

Compare him to an actor like Tom Hanks who, although I don't really think he's a good actor (neither is Cruise lol), still has a variety of roles that keep him relevant to different audiences.

welp. even i can't defend Knight and Day. But you could say something like
> You don't like James Mangold? JAMES FUCKING MANGOLD? He did Logan and Girl Interrupted.
> Knight and Day is wildly underrated
something like that

I think he's just trying to earn as much money as he can before he gets too old for blockbusters

I said mostly there are exceptions

>regurgitating the same stupid bullshit in the article

Get out of my face.

CUTE

Knight and Day is definitely Cruise's worst movie but when your worst movie is still a box office success it's hard to complain

ha ha actually I didn't even read the article. Maybe I should write for these bullshit magazines because clearly even a shitposter can come up with their arguments.

back to plebbit bitchboi

>mfw remembering Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut, Minority Report, Collateral
I always think of Cruise as being mediocre but I forget he has been in some good films over the years

Also I pretty much agree with his views on anti-depressant psychiatry.

Cruise has been long over.

>2017
>thinks Cruise can actually be rused

We get it, you don't like Scientology. There's is no need to attack Cruise over your own religious beliefs.

>Knight and Day is definitely Cruise's worst movie
The Mummy was worse desu

>redditor things every new movie is le worst movie ever

nice opinion let me just discard it immediately

Whatever keeps the walls of your hug box propped up.

>i can't accept disagreement so i must attribute the cause to some kind of meme, in this instance i will use the hugbox meme

hmmm interesting opinion

What are you on about? Is it because he's suggesting Scientology is bad or that Tom Cruise is actually in a slump?

>unironically defending The Mummy
are you sick in the head or something? the movie was clearly made for the foreign market

You can't really bruise te Cruise

He's not wrong, though. Cruise really only does action movies now.

When was the last time he did a Magnolia or Jerry MacGuire? Eyes Wide Shut, I suppose, which was almost 20 years ago.

I think he's too caught-up in trying to prove that he's still young and can hang when he's like a cool uncle that needs to take it slow.

yes, even insiders stated in in an intrview from may 2017:
>"[..] insiders say a $40 million bow (plus a strong overseas haul) would be enough to move forward with the universe as planned. And the film is expected to do the majority of its business abroad, where Cruise continues to be a major draw."

>"If you look at [Universal's] Fate of the Furious, 80 percent of its box office came from international. Tom Cruise is an international superstar, and he remains so."

They took it by safe way, realising in USA these bay bomb

Mock them for hating fun.

He may be old but still at age of 56 performs better than mostly of these today's action movie stars.
About mummy, don't forget it had biggest worldwide opening out of all Cruise movies. Underperformed in USA (around 80 mill right now) but worldwide it is on way to 400 million. That's fine for horror/adventure movie. Only capeshit/pirates/starwars/fast&furious and animations get more than half billion now days.

THIS

CRUISE

DONT

RUSE

Nah, they released that mummy movir at a weird time and shouldve named it something else. Its the first “dent” on his stellar career, and the next mission impossible will make a shit load of money.

The monster universe movies were designed to fail

They were aware failing in USA. Check post above. They were aiming it worldwide, based by F&F earnings.
Also mummy was biggest worldwide opening for any Cruise movie. This shows, that despite poor results in USA, Tom still is able to get foregin asses into cinema.

I think the persistence of Mummy threads have more to do with waifuing Sophia Boutella than Cruise

Is this damage control by Clinton's MSM connections to cover up their involvement in the drug dealing that Cruise's character did?

SCIENTOLOGISTS

XENU
E
N
U

VOLTRON
O
L
T
R
O
N

The second one is trash compared to the first which was solid

Yep, but waifuing Sofia at some internet page doesn't bring 400 mil worldwide BO. Lets be honest, Cruise was big draw. Putting aging Brendan would be critical for Universal. He is nearly 15-20 years older than in his "Mummy". What is more, he has not aged well. His performance would be barelly a shadow of his shine from past. Maybe would get slightly better USA box office, around 100 mill (right now Cruise mummy stands at nearly 80 mil) but wouldn't be able to get that much worldwide as Tom. Brendan isn't known outside mummy series, some people don't recall him at all. This would be disaster worldwide box office.

it is all lies and slander

Total Recall was the most gangsta shit

someone put a large piece of gum in his hair

Americans don't like Cruise anymore but whatever reason 3rd worlders still love him.

You literally cannot bruise the Cruise. This man's career will end the day he dies, and not a day sooner.

>Only capeshit/pirates/starwars/fast&furious and animations get more than half billion now days.

let's break this sentence down a bit more

>only capeshit, star wars, pirates of the caribbean, Fast and the Furious and animation breaks half a bil these days

okay now lets look back over the past few years:

>Beauty and the Beast
>Transformers: The Last Knight
>Kong: Skull Island
>jungle book
>fantastic beasts and where to find them
>the mermaid
>jurrasic world
>spectre
>mission impossible
>the hunger games
>the martian
>50 shades of grey
>Cinderella
>the revenant
>transformers: age of extinction
>the hobbit
>etc.

I got bored here but you get the point - that you're fucking retarded

Fuck Tom Cruise.

>tfw will never star in the best movie of all time and fuck prime De Mornay

How does he look so good for his age?
Does Scientology have rejuvenation pods?

Exercise + good diet + good genes + skin care = based Cruise

Xenu drained the lifeforce from Katie Holmes

>franchise movies and disney princess movies

Well I very much didn't like the story of the new Mummy
Why are 2 girls lusting after him, why this storyline of "evil", etc

Needs to get back to fun sci-fi movies

no one wants to watch the scientology weirdo anymore.

>will smith
>JADEN SMITH

lol

First one is really, really good.
Second one has too much modern trope shit (action girl, weak male hero, unintersting villains, little bitchy girl, etc).

...holy shit Tom Cruise is 56?

Best Action Movie: MI4
Best Thriller: Jack Reacher
Best Performance: Magnolia
Best Drama: Vanilla Sky or Rainman
Best Erotic: Eyes wide Shut
Best Comedy: Tropic Thunder
Best SciFi: Minority Report
Best Kino: Collateral
Best Epic: Last Samurai

Holy Shit how does he do it??

No one can wrong the tom

They used that de-aging CGI on him in Mummy, at what point will studios just find someone else instead of CGIing Cruise to play younger guys?

I avoid watching his movies. There's something about him I don't like but it's hard to put my finger on it. He never seems compelling as a lead man to me.

His career lasted too long already .
The rest of the movie stars of the 80's have all gone irrelevant before him.