Does torture work?

Does torture work?

It's good at making the victim say what you want to hear.

Wanting to hear the truth is exceedingly difficult though.

yes

Only if they cum

Of course it does. What a stupid question.

Sure worked for the Nazi's

That's a fake person.

Only if you know what they're supposed to know in the first place - so that makes it pretty fucking useless.

no

Obviously not, that guy's smiling.

Nope, people will say anything if you torture them, and you have no way of knowing if they information they say is right or wrong. If you did, you wouldn't need to bother with them at all. Plus you have no idea what they should or shouldn't know to begin with, so you make a huge leap of logic to even assume they have the information you want in the first place.

lol

if it wouldn't it wouldn't be a thing

No, because you get the answer you want. So you're basically acting like a woman.

yes

Using torture i could make you think you're a dolphin.

this

sure it does. You don't let them go until you verify the info.

Its theraputic.

Only on people that value life, either their own or their families. For those that don't value life, their own in particular, you have to be more creative with the torture techniques that you apply. Everyone is different, so you have to find their weak spot, something that is important to them, and use it to your advantage. You have to get inside their head.

I don't know

Does it work? It's debatable. I'm sure it feels fucking fantastic to do it to someone, though.

like, with a drill or something?

If someone tortured you for your account passwords you'd sing like a canary.
Do you think torture doesn't work at all, ever?

this is the edgiest thing I've read all year

From the CIA audit of waterboarding of Guantanamo detainees it takes an average of 3 waterboarding sessions to get someone to admit to having shot John F. Kennedy. 14 year old goat herder or retired 70 year old blind baker, it doesn't matter, you will eventually admit to having shot Kennedy with enough waterboarding sessions.

cheeky m8ty

so?

are you saying that it would take 3 sessions to get a person to break and provide valuable information. seems alright to me.

it only works if they actually have the info you need
i not then you have bad morals for torture, easy as that

After reading this thread I will tell you anything

Are you a cuck?

yes, but after the first few times they already said everything they know but you have to do it several more times to make sure, then they start saying anything

I remember reading the cia torture handbook. They would take a pin and put it in your ear then slowly hammer it into your ear drum. I'd tell them whatever they wanted if they did that to me.

Liberal here

Yes. It has worked before and it will work again. The question is: is it worth it?

Damn straight

Not on people who will literally kill themselves for what hey believe is true

user, I don't think Kennedy was shot by an 14 year old goat herder or some retired 70 year old blind baker.

Depends on what you're trying to get. If you're a drug lord torturing a single person trying to find out where your money is, it's pretty effective. If you're an Army Intelligence Unit torturing a dozen people while trying to get a general idea of your enemy's power structure then it's a huge clusterfuck.

Works for insignificant shit. But if you are actually trying to get relevant information. Its gonna be a shitshow.

> 14 yr old goat herder tortured
Whew lad that's mighty close to holocaust claims sure glad I picked up on that