Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

thestreet.com/story/13679963/1/viacom-s-boardroom-battle-may-be-over-but-star-trek-could-add-to-paramount-woes.html

>The company's Paramount studio began the summer with the June release of the big-budget Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, which generated a relatively puny $81.5 million in ticket sales that the company blamed for the studio's $26 million loss in its fiscal second quarter

Hopefully this means that Viacom learned an important lesson, never put Bebop and Rocksteady in a movie ever again.

Suck a dick (you)

Damn between this and Ben Hur, Paramount has not done well this summer. I wonder how many big losses it takes to topple a major studio.

Rocksteady and Bebop were the best part of the film.

It'll be a decade before another TMNT film, but this film did us the service of making sure Rockstead and Bebop were preferment parts of the series again.

>Rocksteady and Bebop were the best part of the film.
That's saying something given that they got unbearable after 2 minutes

>Rocksteady and Bebop were the best part of the film.

Bahahahahaha, what? The best part of this movie were fart jokes, dick jokes and obesity jokes? You have a very low standard of enjoyment.

>Hopefully this means that Viacom learned an important lesson
>Implying it won't try again, never having learned its lesson in the first place

But now that it has new leadership, it might make better decisions. Then again, the old CEO tried selling half of Paramount but was fired because of it. The old owner of the company will not let go of that movie studio anytime soon, even if it's hurting Viacom as a result.

The one producing the Transformers movies? Probably a lot of flops and the cancellation of the Transformers movies.

There's already a new Transformers movie coming out next year. That's probably what they're banking on for 2017 because this year is a bust.

>2016
>Successful movies are only cape movies
Bravo America.

Cape movies kinda have a little something for every audience nowadays... nerds get to see their fav characters on the big screen, kids get colorful adventures, action and CG buffs get spectacle, girls get their /fit/ husbandos, they're mostly competently made enough to please critics and they rarely have elements that could discourage the disinterested average Joe from buying the ticket

>they've been saying the cape bubble will burst for over 6 years
>it's only getting stronger

What a (horrible) time to be alive

>make bad movie
>make better sequel
>nobody goes and sees better sequel because first one was bad
>"clearly people didn't want to see a better movie"
>trash everything that made sequel better, and make next franchise starter in the vein of the shitty first one
>cycle repeats

everyone in Hollywood deserves to be killed

>everyone in Hollywood deserves to be killed
It's antisemitic.

>better sequel
How is Out of the Shadows even remotely better than the previous movie? The first one might have been a bit lackluster and generic but Out of the Shadows isn't even a movie, it's an endurance test.

...no.

>Bahahahahaha, what? The best part of this movie were fart jokes, dick jokes and obesity jokes?
They were perfect, the airplane-river scenes were the best shit ever

i'm still hoping for TNMT 3

They can't possibly outstink this one!

could they?

>never put Bebop and Rocksteady in a movie ever again.

I will fuck your mouth
like I will actually factually cram my dick down your throat

uhhhhhh....

that would be quite the achievement

>Rocksteady and Bebop were the best part of the film
I agree with you on that, but
>this film did us the service of making sure Rockstead and Bebop were preferment parts of the series again.
They were already in the comic and new cartoon way before the movie came out.

I remember that one being my favorite when I was a kid...

Shut up neatoman.

And the Jungle Book and furry shit don't forget, this year was dominated entirely by Sup Forums stuff

Maybe they won't make the turtles niggers next time.
And hopefully April will be played by someone other than Megan Fox.

Bebop and Rocksteady weren't the problem in of themselves. The problem was that the movie tried to do too much. Introduce Krang, bring back Shredder, introduce Casey Jones, a whole subplot about how they've come up with retro mutagen so that they could be human. Give us Baxter Stockman, and Bebop and Rocksteady? All those things crammed into barely 2 hours of runtime meant NONE of them had any time to breathe.

They tried doing a greatest hits for the franchise by shoving it all into a single film when any one of those plot threads could've been a great movie all on its own. Same mistake as Spider-man 3. If you do too much you won't get any of it right.