What the fuck is up with this? The first one was a borderline masterpiece. What the fuck...

What the fuck is up with this? The first one was a borderline masterpiece. What the fuck? Why would that Italian spic want him to do a job then blow his house up then want revenge for completing the job? Did I miss something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w-HSoOFdJ3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Masterpiece? You have some low ass standards.

Borderline. Do you even read?

Was I supposed to feel threatened at all by this cunt? At least Ronda Rousey looks like she could throw a few punches in the fast and the furious. Making her deaf was probably a must cause I doubt she could deliver a single line

>Did I miss something?

apparently

>they had a blood contract cause the italian helped him completely some job earlier in his career
>wop comes back to collect
>john says no I'm done breaking the rules of the contract
>I assume the punishment for breaking the contract is death
>wop goes easy on john and just blows up his home instead of outright killing him
>john goes to hotel guy to look over his options
>hotel guy says he made the contract, either do it, or anyone has the right to kill you
>he does it to be out and debt free forever
>wop still wants him dead after completion of contract because he knows john will come after him
>contract completely
>john is completely in the right to come after wop

>What the fuck? Why would that Italian spic want him to do a job then blow his house up then want revenge for completing the job?
Brainlets please leave

I feel like the point was for her to be pretty useless. The movie gives her little tidbits to show she's a contender in taking John down, but in the end she was absolutely nothing, just more fodder in the way of his goal.

If you can't even keep up with the simple plot in John Wick 2, then please, quit film now and kill yourself.

funny i watched this last night for the first time. and it was definitely lacking compared to the first one. as stupid as it was, john losing his dog in the first movie really gave it more emotional depth than this one. what did he really lose here? his big empty house? who cares? he has a dog now that was unscathed throughout the film. he doesn't care about the secret society bullshit. i guess he lost his ability to retire? why can't he just take a couple of his gold coins and retire on a remote island in the pacific or something?

first movie had real revenge. this one you could really sense that they were desperately trying to cling on to what made the first one popular but completely missed the point.

John Wick 2 did the usual thing of BIGGER AND NOISIER, but none of it was very imaginative. In part 1, we at least got the night club scene, which was great from start to finish. The lead up to it was good, but the end was kind of meh. Ultimately, that club scene carried the movie. In part 2, one of the scenes gave us that same feeling that the club scene did. The new club scene--with the adjacent tunnels--was like playing the same level in a video game but they just throw 200 guys at you instead of 50. The hand to hand combat wasn't as visually interesting as any of the moves he did in part 1. The increase in little worldbuilding details underscored their goofiness (whereas in part 1 they were just neat little details in between action).

*none* of the scenes gave us that same feeling

Are you contrarians really pretending that John Wick 2 wasn't insanely better than the first?

>Why would that Italian spic want him to do a job then blow his house up then want revenge for completing the job? Did I miss something?

This is the state of audience now.
And we wonder, why there is so much capeshit and dumbed down movies.

My grandmother with a fucking dementia had more awareness and attention span that these fucking faggots.

Yeap I read it, its nowhere near a borderline masterpiece either. Get some taste pleb.

Who at all in this thread or ever in the existence of man considered the second better?

The majority of the human population.

>arguing about the story in fucking John Wick

The story is a thin vehicle for him to flip and/or headshot people. And it's a masterclass in those two things.

Yeah this threw me. They spent a long time building her up then nothing. Reminds me of a bit in Demon;sSouls.

Your first problem was thinking the first John Wick was a borderline masterpiece.

2 was better

Keep your gay ass Game of Shit in your containment threads

A FUCKIN' PENCIEEELL

she did her job though. she stalled john long enough for that fucck to escape. he didn't expect to be killed din the hotel since its against the rules

It wasn't so much the house itself as the physical mementos of his late wife. It was the same core element of the dog and the car. He gave little fucks about the damage to the car itself, but made sure her picture was still in the glovebox.

(OP)
>Did I miss something?

apparently

>they had a blood contract
>wop comes back to collect
>john says no I'm done breaking the rules of the contract
>wop blows up his home instead of outright killing him

This right here is because he wants him to do it more than he wants him dead. Matter of fact, he needs him, because it's such a hard fuckin job.

>he does it to be out and debt free forever
>wop still wants him dead after completion of contract because he knows john will come after him
>john is completely in the right to come after wop

The kicker though is that he wasn't abiding by the rules of the Continental by dropping him on the grounds.

He could just as easily have also stayed on the grounds and taken out a counter contract against "wop". Ian McShane have and Clerk McBlackdude have a soft spot for Wick and would likely back him financially for the contract or comp his booking. The result could potentially lead into a bidding war that would strain wop's coffers to point he must either pull the contract since he can no longer back it or check out from the continental, both of which would be leaving him vulnerable.

The arc which would fit the feel of the movies though would be to systematically destroy every bit of wop's empire, from henchmen to stashes, which would still destroy him as well as render him a prisoner of his castle.

>Wicklets will defend this

That scene was funny as fuck.

Keanu is like a bizarro version of Seagal.

He got some serious fucking training, but was that some spec-ops tier shit that he was on?

this scene youtube.com/watch?v=w-HSoOFdJ3s >>>>>> john wick 2

Haha what the fuck? I watched this movie two days ago and don't remember that shit. Must have been drunk

that's insane, people are right there, doesn't matter if their giving off no sound at all, people would see that. The guy above also really shouldn't be missing like that, its a slow walk come on.

> Ronda Rousey
> threatening

wtf, i see your point. I know nothing of fighting but twisting the arm inward like that seems like a good way to fuck any notion of a punch up

WMMA is a joke and it's just annoying that this trash is still on the cards.

i mean i saw the clip of her getting beat up and her opponent looked menacing as fuck. I'd imagine it was just her but wasn't she hyped up for some reason?

They hyped her a ton because they're trying to push the female divisions. Then they hyped her up again and she got crushed again.

Nobody really cares though because most of the fights are just awful. Last night "the greatest female fighter of all time" took 3 excruciatingly boring 5 minutes rounds rounds to defeat a soccer mom that hasn't hit in the gym in a decade.

>He could just as easily have also stayed on the grounds and taken out a counter contract against "wop". Ian McShane have and Clerk McBlackdude have a soft spot for Wick and would likely back him financially for the contract or comp his booking. The result could potentially lead into a bidding war that would strain wop's coffers to point he must either pull the contract since he can no longer back it or check out from the continental, both of which would be leaving him vulnerable.

No he couldn't. When John went and saw Winston, Winston tells him that it's his own damn fault his house got blown up and that he made a contract and that contract COULD NOT BE BROKEN.
Also Santino is the son of a former (as well as brother of a current) member of the High Table, some super-duper, almighty criminal alliance. As well as being a leader of a major international mafia group himself. I really doubt that Winston would have the cash to counter contract Santino.

If you want to point out a plot hole or logic issue, how about this;
Why didn't John just drag Santion out into the street and then put a bullet in him?

Nunes who whomped on Rhousey exciting and will be a dominate champ for awhile. And jhoanna who's is the women's 115lb straw weigh champ is a beastly bitch that has been on a tear through 5 opponents at least right now.

Other than those two women's is shit. Only watch those two fight for good matches.

dude headshots lmao

i love me some good action movie but in this one they overfeed you killings to the point they drain them of any kind of entertainment by the end

first one was way better

Dragging him out is still a display of force. I believe that would also violate the continentals rules. Wouldn't be much of a safe space if someone could just drag you out in the street still and then shoot you. Would cause a big scene.

Wick should have found a way to poison or drug him to get to the wop. Now because of the way it's been handled the series is forced to end at this next movie in a trilogy. The stakes can't go higher from where they are. It was a mistake to force Wicks hand instead of thinking up a smart way for him to get his revenge.

she was hyped because she actually had a good record for a while but thats because her opponents not only had poor distancing, but couldnt counter her meme arm-bar, seriously check her wins, nearly all submission by arm bar. when she finally fought two good strikers who didnt let themselves get wrapped up and meme barred, she got her ass kicked

I never saw John Wick meant to be a franchise, a trilogy is good enough.

I imagine if they want to do more, there's prequels. I could see a ton of shitty knock-offs like JOHN WICK: ORIGINS later down the line.

Man when he stabs that guy in the neck and just stares at him. Fuck thats death starring u coldly into ur soul

2 was better though.

>Why would that Italian spic want him to do a job then blow his house up then want revenge for completing the job?
Because rules and stupidity.

1st movie was super.
2nd was shit.

Dunno why, I wanted to like it, but meh.

You contrarian faggots will bitch about anything.

She's there because every straight man watching wants to gape her asshole

John Wick 2 feels like Rambo 2 most of the time.

i didnt understand what was the point of this boy?

yeah you wouldn't hear the shots but at least the bullets that get ejected from the side of the gun make a sound when they hit the floor

maybe it was a loud environment so they didnt notice but then again someone must smell the smoke or notice the long silencer

good comedic relief

>fantasizing about a short haired dyke.

Casings, and no, they don't make much of a sound

silenced pistols are still very loud close up

I enjoyed it but the action was tiring. First John Wick was a lot more stylish and had some tension during the action. I like the way they constructed the action in the first one a lot more.

Is this Common slowly walking and shooting at Keanu through a crowd of people? People actually watch this shit?

Needed more moments like this desu. Just go full Commando level over the top.

i was really confused to,
i thiunk keanu was disapointed a löittle by this script

I somewhat agree that the first one was alot better. That being said, that mirror palace scene was magnificent.

Yesterday I was thinking, damn I need to see John wick 2.
Just now I realised I have already seen it

this

>The first one was a borderline masterpiece

Silenced guns still sound pretty loud.

Didn't they just hyper her up because she is american and pretty?
You need such champs to sell.

The first John Wick was decent, but this one was absolutely cringeworthy.
Keanu trying to speak russian/italian, that black guy also, stereotypical bosses and antagonist sidekicks, most cliche generic stock soundtrack ever, first half of the movie is absolutely empty lazy writing, the opening scene makes zero sense in terms of the story, also atrocious CGI car chase scene, half of the scenes start with someone just calling him from the other room John/Johnathan/Mr. Wick/John Wick etc

Every single filmmaking element was atrocious except for the gunplay, which also was pretty fucking absurd (enemies with automatic rifles rushing at John for some reason, shooting with silencers is considered as completely silent etc). If they wanted to go over the top then you go over the top all the way, not try to make the following scenes "serious".
Still baffled by the critical praise.

The director said they doing location shit or whatever and some assistant fell over and no one cared or helped him up. They walked on him or over him. So that's why they put this in.

>contrarian
They're just the kind of idiots who'd asault clerks because "the arms are the wrong color".

The only thing that can save the franchise is Hugo Weaving appearing as Agent Smith and it turns out John Wick is one of the reincarnations of Neo.

I didn't like how it turned out that the whole population of NY was assassins. I mean I could get a few people being it but at that point its just silly.

>The first one was a borderline masterpiece.
Like, really?