Why have you not invested in gold?

why have you not invested in gold?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ndshbH3qZ6Y
foxbusiness.com/features/2011/10/03/how-to-invest-in-precious-metals.html
ritholtz.com/2010/07/glenn-beck-goldline/
businessinsider.com/glenn-becks-gold-endorsement-goes-too-far-for-fox-2009-12
abcnews.go.com/Blotter/glenn-beck-fox-hosts-golden-advertiser-goldline-investigation/story?id=11197000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a negative credits account

Because it has been going down between 2013 and 2015

Americans are too stupid to buy 1oz of gold for $25.

youtube.com/watch?v=ndshbH3qZ6Y

If you denominate things in anything other than gold (or some other similarly tangible asset), you're doing it wrong.

Because I don't listen to idiots like Glenn Beck.

I'm still studying and I have some debts to pay off

Cause I can kill you with my bullets and take your gold

And how does gold earn more money?

Because it's a meme and you should stop pretending that gold is the ultimate investment. The most it will do is shield you from inflation.

And how does money get created?

it's not about earning money. the idea is that gold will hold value better than a federal reserve note because the federal reserve prints money and negatively impacts the value of paper money.

A 5000 year old meme, my kek loving friend.

>the most it will do is shield you from inflation

And that's not enough? You underestimate how devastating inflation can be if all of your assets are tied up in shit the federal reserve prints.

I'm in gold miners right now, going HEAVY into index's and more miners after October

Trump election = Gold skyrockets

Hillary election = Volatility makes gold go up a little

Get on /biz/ robinhood general if you wanna talk about gold stocks

Most people on here are too young to understand. Keep stacking burgerbro.

So is iron, so is wood, etc.
It's just a commodity like any other except that it possess qualities which make it easily monetize-able.

>/biz/
>not a bunch of Wolf of Wall St larpers

How the fuck can you buy 1 oz of gold for 25 dollars?

Don't be a retard, you're better than that.

Because investing in something when its at peak value is stupid.

you can't possibly be this stupid. give me one instance in the history of mankind where the value of wood has been greater than the value of gold.

Look you complete fucking retards.

The economy will not fucking grow if we use a gold standard.

What happens when it's no longer feasible to extract gold from the earth? That's fucking right, everything grinds to a halt and no more wealth can be generated.

good fucking idea you moronic uneducated pieces of shit.

You do realize gold is the first currency the jews capitalized on right?

Everyone thinks FIAT cash is a jew regulated problem yet gold is riddled stars of david.

get it together m8

Which is why it's such a good investment when turbulent times are coming

like a fucking election between a celebrity and a corrupt mercantilist in league with Saudis and bankers

Fucking GO LONG ON GOLD

man we have fun in /rhg/, half meme stocks half serious talk half going bankrupt

Each one of those bars is worth $44,000.

Neat

Iron rusts, wood rots. Gold is immutable and has and will outlast any fiat currency. That said, please don't invest: it keeps the price down for the rest of us.

>not keeping your gold in the fridge

yes because printing money is a better solution

Delete this thread OP

You don't want everyone investing in gold

It, in fact, is, you twat.

That is irrelevant.
Diamonds are more expensive than gold.
Does it make them easier to monetize?
>It's just a commodity like any other except that it possess qualities which make it easily monetize-able.
read.

It is.

it, in fact, is, not, you herb.

Because I invest in lead, tin, antimony, and gunpowder. I can have your gold for free.

So your argument is that the most perfectly monetizable commodity makes shitty money? Do you even logic?

>Not stacking heavy amounts of silver instead of gold.
Why?

>1:50 gold to silver price ratio.
>Comes out the ground in a 1:16 gold to silver ratio.
>Gold right now is more abundant than silver since people throw it away at higher rates.
>Not a single silver reserve anywhere.
>More industrial, military and medical use.
>Silver mines closing down across the world.

Not an argument, jamal.

>giving the swiss mountain jew more power
Trudeau is red pilled, prove me wrong

i will be insta target when shit goes down

It's not about that. I forget who the gentlemen was, but an artist in Spain did something similar where he offered to exchange 5 pesos to anyone willing to trade in 4 pesos.

No one did it because the general suspicion in the population told them all it was sketchy and to avoid it.

That's what happened here.

>Do you want real gold for pretty much nothing?
>What's the catch?
>Nothing!
>....

Today, yes.
Paper money is superior to gold in every way except counterfeiting, but gold money also had fraud. Digital money does not even have that problem.
Gold is also easily controlled by the people hoarding it since there is a limited amount of it (temples in the past, banks today) which allows them to effectively control the country.

All his stuff is cherry picked by the way.

Why not both?

If I decided to start investing in gold, where would be a good place to hide it? I'm paranoid someone will find it, grab it, and walk away.

vault or safe in your home. hope you know how to defend yourself. even if the home burns down, the safe will be "safe."

>damage control

poo in loo burger boy

As opposed to the central banks having control of the country? I'm not saying go all in, I'm just saying it's cheap insurance against all manner of centrally planned shenanigans (which, of course, never ever happens).

>not keeping your jews in the oven

Central banks need to be controlled by the government. That is the issue that needs to be solved, going back to using gold as money won't solve it.

They should be, but it's usually the other way around. I'd recommend reading the bank of Canada act critically to see who really calls the shots (hint: it's not the Queen or her representatives).

Same goes for the federal reserve act.

Your dubs speak truth. But really the answer is central banking not existing at all, in the US the power to print money is reserved for the Treasury.

JFK tried to make the switch as many of us know...

get 2 safes, one in a normal "safe location" like bedroom or somewhere. buy some fake gold for cheap and put it in there.

only you will know where the REAL safe is.

Who dafuq would buy from random man who claims he has gold and selling it for cheap

Better to invest in iron when war is on the horizon.

/biz/ are pretty much saying that gold is not an investment but is useful for protecting your money.

I actually did. Bought it half a year ago, when it was 1050$, now it's 1350$. Expect it to rise even more.

Double dubs have convinced me.

Wtf I hate sound money now.

And to be clear, by iron I mean weapons. Mainly the rifles and ammo that they keep trying to grab.

I live in Cucknada so no 2nd amendment. I do have a nice baseball bat however (and a big bag of weed, ayyyy).

invest in weed leafbro

I've got iron, lead, silver, and gold. And the usual other stuff (food, skills, job, tools, friends, decent neighborhood, standard retirement plan etc.)

Feels bretty gud to be hedged even though I'll probably get murdered and looted anyway in the event of an actual happening.

Already have. A bit of silver too.

because Soros just dumped his.

I do, regularly. Only payoff so far is the giggles.

Citation?

I invest in BTC.. gold is heavily taxed

Because investing in gold means jack shit unless your buying actual physical gold bars.

>m-muh virtual g-gold investment

This.

Bongs are gullible retards

Because Michael Burry told me to invest in water.

Gold has not intrinsic value. It's no different than fiat currency.

Because I'm not a multi-billionaire who can afford $1,200+ an oz. gold bullion.

Silver on the other hand, I do have.

Because I'm investing in waifu.

>Bolivia
>Investing in something besides Crime

I invest in gold companies.

You really don't get it

because hookers prefer cash

I prefer gun stock nowadays.

It's a commodity that depends on how many Fox "news" followers have mindlessly been tricked into buying.

Glenn Beck ran the first Fox Pump & Dump scam:
foxbusiness.com/features/2011/10/03/how-to-invest-in-precious-metals.html

Now all their gold scams are under investigation:

ritholtz.com/2010/07/glenn-beck-goldline/

businessinsider.com/glenn-becks-gold-endorsement-goes-too-far-for-fox-2009-12

If you're a right wing conservative Fox fanatic, buy gold at the highest possible price right now. The more the better. Say goodbye to your retirement because quote frankly, you were far too stupid to be sitting on that pot of life-savings anyway.

If you're anyone else, don't waste your time or money on Fox snake oil.

abcnews.go.com/Blotter/glenn-beck-fox-hosts-golden-advertiser-goldline-investigation/story?id=11197000

/biz/ is full of Pajeets and 16-21 year old's who think they will become billionaires by 30. Pretty sad really.

> "Within our portfolios we’ve made our first investment in commodities – in gold. That was driven by the desire to manage risk. We think gold offered an opportunity earlier this
year to be uncorrelated to shares and fixed income. If markets do retrace, gold is likely to be relatively robust."

> "Despite declining market inflation expectations, our assessment is that there is a rising probability of higher inflation and hence we are adjusting portfolios to increase inflation resilience. In our portfolios we've introduced an allocation to gold this quarter (as part of the risk management strategy allocation), to help protect the portfolio against a range of shocks and inflationary scenarios."

As I always say when major investment funds are in line with Peter Schiff you know something's up.

How do I get my daughter to wear her glasses? She is always taking them off, she has an eye that does not look forward if she is not wearing them.

Anybody wear glasses here and how did theire parents do it?

>The economy will not fucking grow if we use a gold standard.

>What happens when it's no longer feasible to extract gold from the earth? That's fucking right, everything grinds to a halt and no more wealth can be generated.

Did you think about it before you posted it? Like really thinked about it as hard as you could?

I was always unsure about the ratio of salt to sugar for my pancakes. I wanted to get the perfect balance to render them savory AND sweet. However, problems emerged when it came to certain toppings like honey or maple syrup, fruits etc. These are usually sweet toppings, therefore to get the savory/sweet ratio just right I needed to accommodate this and thus lower the original amount of sugar. Hope this helps.

Where is the hyperinflation that Ron Paul and Peter Schiff promised?

All in due time my sweet summer child.

> "The whole point [is that] negative rates aren't a workable solution," says Braitling. "It is killing bank margins in Japan and Europe, more QE is challenging unless they start buying shares directly – they are already buying ETF's and the European Central Bank is buying corporate bonds. So sooner or later they will cross the Rubicon and distribute money directly."

QE inflated the stock market, the inflation won't come until it starts entering the real economy.