This is not an attempt to stir the pot or to ask a sarcastic question. I genuinely need to know

This is not an attempt to stir the pot or to ask a sarcastic question. I genuinely need to know.

What is the appeal of Rick and Morty?

I know you can't explain subjective humor, I have just never had someone give a reasonable answer, regardless if I agree with the reason or not.

Help me out, bros.

>white
>male
>31
>married
>homeowner
If that helps

sitcom with cynical characters. people enjoy watching characters interact.

it's got some good writing and clever plots, although a lot of it is hit and miss. Kind of a mix of Futurama and Family Guy

You're a good 10 years past being the primary demographic for the show.

There isn't any. It's a show for the herd. This cringey ass szechuan sauce meme is the proof.

Why are people so obsessed with pickle rick?

It's been like one fucking commercial right?

Shitposting purposes mostly.

Better than any of the shit this faggy board has been coming up with lately.

Its invader zim version of family guy. Aka unfunny gay shit

I enjoy the interesting scifi concepts

and while the humor isn't amazing, but it's not terrible either

Go to bed. You're way too old to be making silly threads like this.

family guy bad

rick and morty just like family guy

haha

Any adjective or noun before the name "rick" will become a trend for a whole fucking month and people won't stop saying it.
You're just going to have to wait until the next one for pickle rick to stop. My guess will be "I'M DICK RICK!! HA-HA CUZ IT RHYMES!"

It's extremely quotable which makes it easy to share and recommend with others, although admittedly it has a pretty nihilistic view of one's meaning or purpose in life, but the characters through which those nihilistic jokes come from, are very endearing. it's cool that one guy voices both of them also, considering how different rick and morty are.

I just genuinely find the show's writing funny and I have a bias toward Dan Harmon because I was a big fan of the first 3 seasons of community.

The first season was fun to watch because it was a bunch of non connected comedic sci-fi adventures with rick and morty and occasionally summer, while the rest of the family deals with the problems of rick giving them super advanced technology to cope. Things went downhill when they started adding plots arching over episodes in my opinion

I'm
>Indian
>male
>29
>unmarried
>renter
and I don't get it either. Might be an age thing since that's the only thing that's similar apart from gender (which obviously isn't it)

I've spent most of my childhood and even early 20s reading and watching space/physics shit recreationally and I just can't stand the DUDE SCIENCE LMAO premise or overly referential comedy. For what it's worth I didn't enjoy The Martian as much as others either.

Apart from this and not caring about capeshit and GoT I usually have pretty normie tastes in film and TV.

>30
>old
What are you, 16?

>Indian

I bet you only watch Bollywood shit

One word: PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

At 31 and married, OP really shouldn't be concerned about not enjoying a popular cartoon.

>I bet you only watch Bollywood shit
I haven't watched a Bollywood movie in over a year and have watched very few in my lifetime. Unless you're watching them ironically most bollywood films are extremely childish and as such very unenjoyable. I'd honestly rather watch Indian ads than Indian films.

30 is a decade or more older than the average age on this board.

Op here.

This is probably my answer.

dumb people without a sense of humor hate it because they're the punchline (most of this board)

and so OP picked the first option that would protect the weak mental facade he constructed.

shocking

as you're not a stoned liberal arts major with a 98IQ you will find nothing to like

Unrelated question but have you read martian chronicles, if so did you like it?

It's a fun adventure cartoon.

I honestly can't even watch this show because of the awful style and animation. It looks like annoying people I would never want to hang out with ever.

Rick and Morty is basically Doctor Who put through the same deconstruction blender as Venture Brothers, but with the Doctor looking like Doc Martin instead of "Insert Doctor Who actor".

The only difference though is that while Venture Brothers falls on the optimistic side of the sliding scale (IE no matter how bad shit gets, Rusty and co. refuse to surrender and struggle onward and learn from their mistakes) while R&M falls on the cynical side of the sliding scale. IE Rick is a cancerous figure who ruins everything he touches, to the point that he will destroy his daughter's marriage and his kids stable home life, just to eliminate the only man who has the balls to call him out on his bullshit.

((((TIPS))))

This right here.

Rick and Morty basically has a lot in common with Venture Brothers for taking the piss on the "old man and his teen sidekick" adventure series. The only difference is that unlike the Venture Brothers (which ended up pussying out on their initial "this is a show about failure" premise by season two), Rick and Morty double and triple down on the idea of mocking the formula/cliches by having Rick reaching new lows as a human being and any hope of him having a soul/conscience like Rusty does

>I know you can't explain subjective humor,
AND YET
>I have just never had someone give a reasonable answer, regardless if I agree with the reason or not.
Which is it asshole? Is it impossible to explain subjective humour, or are people required to persuade you that they like things for adequate reasons?

>>white
>>male
>>married
>>homeowner

> honey come to bed
> No,I can't. I need to know why people think Rick and Morty is funny
> it's just a silly cartoon honey, turn off the computer and come to bed
> You don't understand, I NEED to know!
> dear, just let it go and come to bed, you have to work in the morning and-
>I SAID I FUCKING NEED TO KNOW, DID YOU HEAR ME STUTTER WOMAN?

chutiye
get off muh tv

15 years, arguably.

I take issue with this assessment. I don't think the creators of VB "pussied out" out their original premise, or started pulling punches to keep from being 'too dark'. The course that VB takes comes off more as an organic evolution of the characters. Your post seems to endorse a misconception that R&M is 'more real' in their relentless subversion and play off of cliches, but I'd argue it makes the show more one dimensional and predictable.

The difference between Harmon and Roiland & Hammer and Publick is in R&M the characters ping pong between mouthpieces in a contrived drama to flippant joke dispensers whereas the VB creators treat their characters more like actual individuals, despite the cartoon world they live in the characters stay grounded.

Actually I think it's the opposite.

Venture Brothers started out as strict parody but R&M started off more fleshed out in terms of dynamic. Venture Brothers had no where else to go but upwards in terms of fleshing out the characters beyond their parody one-dimensional cliches, where Rick and Morty had no where else to go but downwards into cliches. Especially after this season, with the writers openly disposing of any and all notion of Rick having character depth and crapping all over the season two finale, by retconning it as a convoluted gambit to break up Jerry and Beth's marriage.

I fully expect Justin to come out and denounce the season three premiere's ending speech in a couple of years, when the show has been canceled.

It was a major jump the shark moment and pretty much killed any hope of anyone caring about Rick as a character. Even taken as farce, it fails on every possible level since it didn't contradict what a lot of people already suspected about Rick's dark side in terms of Rick being the sort of horrible character people would rather change the channel from than actually watch.

I've never seen so many people obsess so hard about a show they don't like. I assume like most people you don't like most shows. And yet here you are spending your days discussing it. Is it some deep insecurity which is somehow triggered by this show?