Sausage Party

>The anthropomorphic grocery store saga Sausage Party ate up an estimated $15.3M in its second weekend, a drop of 55%, bringing its cume up to $65M on a budget of around $20M which means a sequel should be right around the corner.

>sequel
are you fucking ready Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Sausage-Party/Movie-CAM?id=71238
youtube.com/watch?v=9qPgK_u4vX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seth Rogen said that the sequel is going to be similar to Who Framed Roger Rabbit in terms of live-action/cartoon crossover.

I sure am ready. ready to die

shame on you Seth Rogen you have ruined the good name of Sausage Party

It was pretty obvious considering the movie's ending

what about muh animators?

Possible good thing: More animations for older audiences

Likely bad thing: They'll be modern Family Guy tier

That's the case for every genre.

You guys have to understand that art, for the most part, can be split into two parts:
>Commercial art: Art that is made primarily to sell to people. Doesn't have to be good, but it has to be interesting.
>Critical art: Art that is made for the love of it. Usually good, but not always interesting.

There are examples that take one side completely, or are a mixture of the two. For example, Ice Age sequels are commercially driven, while Laika's films are made for the love of art. It's obvious that one will make more money than the other, but that's just human nature. Films that appeal to the masses will always get greater returns.

And both sides will always exist. It's not like Family Guy squashed all mature animation when it first aired.

>The bag that holds the potato chips is living
>movie also establishes individual pieces of tortilla chips can have lives
who lets this pothead nears movies?

That's literally a better waste of 2 hours than that movie.

Will this kill Moana when it hits theaters?
It already killed Kubo.

it's Laika's own fault to release their artsy fartsy shit in summer, would have worked much better as autumn movie tbqh

Poor fucking Laika. They just can't catch a break. And they're one of the companies that I feel like has made consistently good shit.

Moana is going to be great, dat music, dat setting!

also DAT DISNEY!

I saw it, didn't really like it. Just found it sorta boring
was way too on the nose with the allegory

wasnt planning on seeing it, girl at work told me she went and saw it
>I went and saw sausage party on your recommendation
>I did NOT recommend it, I just said I saw it

It also doesn't help that all the trailers on tv only show the shitty comedy aspect of it, which is why I initially cast it off as another norm of the north type movie

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Sausage-Party/Movie-CAM?id=71238
>Camrip is up

>And now for Farting Fat Gore Weed Dicks Three! Starring...A Jew!
No.

Sup Forums stream when?

>has made consistently good shit

Boxtrolls says hi

I saw a cam recently

It's really not that bad and I think it deserves whatever success it finds.

The premise is actually used quite well and up until the end the humor is mostly through absurd analogy and not toilet humor.

The last five minutes are a totally out-of-nowhere orgy which sucks all the funny right out of the movie, but the rest is only mediocre.

The douche's constant food puns actually played really well

Box Trolls dragged on at times but was by no means bad

Ready for the wave off DUDE WEED LMAO GOD DOESN'T EXIST family guy sort of shit to flood the silver screens?
The wait is killing me. It really IS killing me.

dude, nothing like that will happen.

Clearly you're completely oblivious of how trend setting works in films, right?
This movie was successful, and people will seek to ride that success with their mediocre shit.

are saying me everyone is going to copy, let's say, zootopia, now?

I actually thought Moana and Kubo were the same movie.

d-does it mean that it had more success than Female Ghostbusters?

The script was leaked, right? Is there any of that in the movie?

in comparison to the fucking small budget, yes

Thats the whole plot. But with food

Nobody has ever cared and they will keep on not caring.

There are thousands of out of work animators that would jump at the opportunity to be treated like garbage which is why their situation will never get any better.

Hell no, Moana's got the mouse behind it. It practically prints money due to the company that made it.

He just had his other Comedy shelved. I don't think people are as eager to put up with more of this as he thinks.

So a more vulgar Smurfs with people having sex with food. Yea no thanks.

Kubo did as well as every other Laika film. Nothing would have changed its numbers.

I would say roughly 60% of the script was intact. There are a few changes, some minor, some major.

Major changes include all of Douche's dialogue (the script had him as a more pompous British-esque villain, the movie has him as a jock douche), the placement of the food massacre in the kitchen scene (it's early on in the script but over halfway into the movie), El Guaco (he was a big villain in the script but literally has only one line in the movie), and the placement of the orgy as well as the participants in it.

There was also a subplot about Lavash getting mold in the script that was completely gone in the movie.

Maybe like 2 people will do this, and one of them will be Asylum

>YFW this is Sony's biggest release this year seeing Fembusters suitably failed, destroying their ridiculous "Ghost Corps Cinematic Universe" pipedream.

But nobody gave two crap about Zootopia, so it wasn't copied.

What's taking so long for Sony to close their movie division and focus more on their electronics and Playstations?

Telling your investors "we can fix this" sounds a lot better than closing a department, even if you should shut it down.

You can't have a Sausage Party thread without a link to the famous Orgy.

Post the fucking Food Orgy

Don't forget the entire deletion of the rat army for Douche absorbing other liquids to get stronger.

Which in any other movie would be pretty clever desu sempai.

Ivan Reitman now gets back in the drivers seat and can do what he wants.

So we'll see where that goes. His show idea is very close to the original Aykroyd script.

>2016
>people still pay to see seth rogan movies

More that it was too complex to copy other than doing anthropomorphic animal films.

Japan has cracked down on them twice just this year. Any more fuck ups and the whole place gets axed cept the Animated Division. And likely no more stuff like Sausage Party.

The movie wasn't as fedora-tipping as I was expecting it to be.

Yes, the religion was proven to be false, but it was also saying that being a militant atheist and calling people who believe in religion idiots is wrong.

That and like two jokes were what I liked out of the film.

The villain making food puns by accident and the actual item cutting in.
>Okay, so-
>Yes?
>THAT'S A STRETCH AND YOU FUCKING KNOW IT, QUESO

And the majesty of a literal meatloaf performing I'd Do Anything For Love.

Those were definitely my favorite jokes

The Queso joke was my favorite joke too. The Douchebag wasn't actually that bad of a character, although he kind of felt a little outdated. The Jersey Shore hasn't been a thing in years.

Well, douches as a product are pretty outdated, so it kinda fits.
Only people who aren't particularly educated about vaginal hygene really have any need for them.

The Douche was pretty okay for a character simply because the absurdity of a vampiric jersey shore douchebag stomping around with fucking anchor arms proclaiming himself a god is the kind of shit that I appreciate raunchy comedy for, but I liked the original interpretation of him being an alright guy until the cart spill fucks him up a bit.

On the other hand, thank GOD they changed his general motivations, because just reading about him fingering a rat's asshole made me physically ill.

Only good thing about its success is that The Goon movie will have a shot at being made, as well as other R-rated animated movies.

Don't give a shit about it otherwise

>still no webms of that glorious ass shot of Camille toh

The Canadian beer saying "sorry, sorry, sorry" got a chuckle out of me too.

All he needs to do is just have it be that Fembusters is one of the original GB's having a nightmare with him waking up and deciding to form a new team to fight something like maybe a resurrected Gozer.

Basically just ape Extreme Ghostbusters which is how a GB reboot should've been.

But is it of decent quality?

I've been so on the fence for seeing this movie that the boards are cutting through my rectum.

Is this worth paying money to see?

I dragged three of my friends to see this movie, hoping to save adult animation. Then, after finding out about how the animators were fucked over, I gave a camrip to the KissCartoon guy. I've done my part both to help and hurt this movie, and I take full responsibility for whatever happens next.

at least i'm not fapping to food

>Read the script
>Didn't laugh, thought it was terrible, assured myself it would flop
>Movie comes out, people fucking love it
>mfw I forgot normies exist

>Don't forget the entire deletion of the rat army for Douche absorbing other liquids to get stronger.
I THOUGHT something was missing when I watched it this morning, but I couldn't pinpoint what.

No, it's not worth seeing by spending money. It's worth seeing just so you won't be confused as fuck in conversation and so you can chuckle at pop culture references in 10 years.

Fembusters analogs be a team that is quickly wiped out by a Class 7.

>a link
where do you think we are?

I think Seth's biggest problem with this movie is that the rest of America would get ARRESTED for watching this high off their ass in a theater, where he and his buddies could pay for the cops to look the other way.

His humor is meant for potheads and watching his movies while high off your ass. If you're not a stoner, you miss 90% of the joke.

> Sup Forums shitting on movies that clearly turn a profit and praising movies that dont

You forget that hand that feeds you

i was curious but I dont think I want to see that anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=9qPgK_u4vX8

I fucked up

The Meatloaf was too pure for this movie.

The Steven Hawking gum part was actually funny