Why do people praise Robin's character in the Teen Titans cartoon...

Why do people praise Robin's character in the Teen Titans cartoon? He is a hot-headed asshole who is among other things willing to threaten his friends with prison if they break the law.

I prefer his Go! incarnation.

Beast brat deserves to be threatened every second of his pointless life for being an obnoxious jackass.

>willing to throw friends in prison if they break the law.
That's what you're supposed to do dummy.

The TT cartoon/fake anime was so bad, really terrible with some weird Francophobia.

>threaten his friends with prison
>if they break the law

As opposed to, what? Looking the other way with a whistle? Really don't think a guy basically raised by fucking Batman is going to just let it slide because it's his buddy.

I saw a pic here on Sup Forums about some comic where Terra has sex with slade and when beast boy confronted him about it he just stayed a cuck. I want to like him but man there's nothing to like.

>willing to threaten his friends with prison if they break the law.
Yeah, he should actually throw them in prison.

This.

>francophobia

I didn't see anything like that anywhere even the movie where they go to japan. Maybe I forgot?

>willing to threaten his friends with prison if they break the law.
And that's bad because?

You do know the context of that scene right?

TTG Dick has the best characterization PERIOD, even more if compared to his shitty comic version.

Putting him on current universe on DC would be great, he is a perfect and realistic portrail of what the super hero life style would do with a normal teenager trying to catch up.

Not op but I would like to know.

See of course it's their job as Teen Titans but Robin is probably the most cold next to Raven at times. He doesn't give a shit about a treacherous Terra until convinced by Beast Boy and the way he interrogates BB in this episode makes it seem like they don't know each other.

>Parents dead
>Turned into a green shapeshifting pariah in a desperate act to save his life
>Rejected his adoptive family because they turn out to be total dicks
>Falls in love with a pretty blonde who's total psycho bitch all along and cucks him with a mercenary sociopath
>Still can't keep it together with Raven, despite repeated attempts

Garfield....had a hard life

He also thought he had just viciously attacked thier mutual friend. Given the situation you can expect Robin to be a little upset.

robin looks like he's going to give bb the backhand

>Praise Robin's character

Isn't he universally acknowledged to be a Mary Sue? I haven't seen any significant praise anywhere

Dick has seen heros turn villain. He was raised by bruce fucking wayne for gods sake. He is 1000 paces behind any problem and cannot afford to give any threat to him or others a chance. If somebody who can turn into a sentient plague killed a friend, imagine what happens when their psyche deteriorates and they go rogue. Dick is simply stopping a justice league teir problem before it becomes one, because it would be hard watching your dad and superman kill your friend.

>heroes turn villains
Name 3

Because Robin is very thorough when he checks something.

Not him but..Terra.

Raven numerous times.

Jericho.

>preferring GO! Incarnation.
No just stop.
Fair enough on the TTverse but I was wanting batman characters.

>It's a "Sup Forums doesn't read the comics they're talking about" episode

>There's nothing to like
But that's fucking wrong you retard.

Stop shit posting op.

somebody get this hothead outta here

You haven't read his comic?

>Really don't think a guy basically raised by fucking Batman is going to just let it slide because it's his buddy.

TT Robin isn't Dick Grayson, it's Tim Drake.

Watch the show sometime, faggot.

It's clearly Dick Grayson

Your fanon ain't canon.

Are you really this much of an idiot? Did you even watch the show?

There's references to his parents' death in the circus accident. There's an issue in the companion comics that confirms this as his back story. He implies Batman is his father figure in the apprentice arc as well. Or did you just assume that you knew better based on the outfit?

His alternate universe guy is named
nosyarG kciD.

He's called Dick and becomes fucking Nightwing.

If you're going to be retarded at least be retarded with something more obscure than Teen Titans.

I have and wish more people did. Too many people write him off as comedic relief nowadays and that mini showed otherwise.

Get this cold-head outta here.

This.
Moreover, he gets with Starfire after the movie which would never happen with Tim fucking Drake.

So we can agree that Beast Boy is at least in the top 5 more powerful titans?

You do realize that Tim never became Batman Jr like the cartoon Robin until after the show was in development right? It wasn't until the Johns run and Identity Crisis did he change personalities.

Tim in his ongoing and Young Justice prior to the Teen Titans comic and cartoon was humble and nerdy, not a cocky, aggressive leader.

Read New Teen Titans, Tales of the Teen Titans and the 1999 Titans book for Dick acting like Batman Jr and more like the Robin on the show.

Why does Robin wear giant Frankenstein boots if he's supposed to be a gymnast?
I can never watch the show because of this.

Oh without question.

Tim's contribution of that Robin is the pants and the staff.

I always see people claiming Raven is one of the more powerful Titans but I'm pretty far into the 80's run and she doesn't do shit.

She's like the Martian Manhunters from DCAU of the Titans. She's either passed out or the person they're actually fighting.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

>I prefer his Go! incarnation.
But he's literally even worse than the one you just described OP....

Did your read the whole Marv Wolfman Titans run? They say it's good like Claremont X-Men original run.

That's how you know she's so powerful, user
She's constantly jobbing or doing fucking nothing

But really Raven, Donna, and Kory were the more powerful members cause Gar didn't really do much, Vic was nerfed compared to now, and Wally wasn't as fast
Raven had lots of bullshit powers that seemed made up on the spot whenever she needed them but she constantly had to job or not want to fight

Biggest problem a lot of people had with him was that he was nothing like Dick. Far too serious and hyper-competent though was more memorable than any of the other animated incarnations before Damian unless you like "whelmed" from YJ.

He was suppose to be an combination of the three Robins (Dick's backstory, Tim's skills, Jason's personality) but he is Dick Grayson based on the Robin-mite episode who's real need is Dick Grayson backwards.

>need
*name

Robin and Beast Boy needed more interactions with one another in the TV series. In the comics they shared a mutual bond having lost their parents at a young age.

Beast boy is potentially top tier beside Raven

I mean, the guy legitimately hurt Trigon (when he turned into a whale while in his ear) and can do other wacky shit if he wants

Yeah that's the run I'm talking about. I haven't finished it though, I'm on the arc with Blackfire. Starfire and her are about to duke it out "to the death". I think that's about 2 years in.

I'm really enjoying it so far.

I prefer his YJ incarnation to be honest

>people still call this Robin Tim Drake

i know titans has the rep for sucking but can they read shit from BEFORE dixon because dick was often secretive, aggressive asshole on titans team and would regularly piss off his teammates, and you could substitute him for batman and it would seem normal

I hate that. What's the point of making characters so powerful if they can never use their OP abilities?

I was kind of disappointed because I watched the cartoons first. Raven in the cartoons isn't much of pacifist, but comic Raven rarely fights. She often monologues during fights about how the hostile emotional environment bothers her soul or whatever.. jesus christ what the fuck were you thinking even staying on a superhero team?

>I hacked the motion sensors
>Whelmed
>Aster
>I don't want another pretty face. I don't want just anyone to hold. I don't want my love to go to waste. I want you and your beautiful soul.

Raven's true power levels are unfathomable, the comics can only imply what she can really do.

I guess Raven can't fathom them either cause SHE CAN'T DO SHIT

unless she in one of her many evil arcs, THEN she's strong. Raven can fuck off desu.

The sole reason for the Titan's existence is Raven trying to fight against Fate.

Raven needs to pay for her sins then

I balme that on a lack of vision. Raven should be the main character of her story and her story is just too big to be constrained in a superhero soap opera.

how does it feel to be a characterfag for a pretty bad character

Raven is objectively a great character, the only problem with her is the lack of agency writers give her.

>Raven is objectively a great character
How?
She's like a shittier version of Hellboy who instead of saying "Fuck my heritage, I'm doing what I can to help" just mopes around gets sad until she almost summons not-Satan

Yeah. Robin was kind of a piece of shit. Welp, he was raised by a backstabbing piece of shit with mental problems.

Two Face

>being this wrong.

In the episode with larry, his 4th dimensional imp counterpart, he introduces himself as nosyarG kciD, which is Dick Grayson backwards.

Not to mention he ends up with Starfire, another thing Dick did.

AND in the episode where starfire goes to the future, she meets his future self, which is Nightwing, which is Dick Grayson.

Did this Robin even had anything to do with Batman?I don't recall he ever saying anything about it.

Did Batman even existed in this universe?

>Fuck my heritage I'm doing what I can to help
But that's exactly what she's doing, that's her character to a T. She formed the titans to fight against her father and she constantly goes on about how she will fight against her Father's influence as long as she can and follows the teaching of Azar to heal people.

>it's a "I never read the comics and only known this character from memes off of Sup Forums" episode

There were multiple references towards Batman

You are fairly correct on this point, early 80s Raven was mostly plot device. Her powers were made to simply make the story convenient.

She was precognitive, teleportation, healing, and her main attack was her soul self which would damage the mind of her target.

Despite that she was not depicted as being strong, In fact her mother was significantly more powerful magic user than her, able to hold off Trigun.

As 90s rolled in, Ravens Demonic power showed its self more, She was able to manipulate dreams, emotions and even complete mind control. Her abilities as a magic user improved as well as she could do ill-defined things.

By the 00s, the show came around and she got a nice power boost including telekinesis, temporal powers, and became a more competent spell caster. The comic carried those over and her power creep has been continuing ever since.

She now has long distance telepathy, telekinesis, more powerful healing, teleportation, phasing, portal creation, time manipulation, mind control, spell casting, soul self, and most notably any slightly magic related plot contrivance that the author can think of.

The reason most people consider her powerful is not that she has power to use, but that she suppresses an enormous demonic power. Narratively, if she ever just gave up, the demon would take over and wreck the Titans easily. That's the theme that's been carried over for the past 30 years. Raven needs to maintain control or all shit breaks loose.

Raven gets screwed over alot in the comics, the cartoon was one of the few times she was allowed to shine.

Comic writers just use the same story arc for her.

>Name 3

Are you retarded. That is a staple plot line since day 1 in comic books.

>I prefer his Go! incarnation
Agreed. In the original series Robin was obnoxiously arrogant and kept getting his ass kicked by everyone. At least with TTG he has the same traits but the creators acknowledge it and use it for comedic purposes

You forgot the part where his second adoptive family all fucking died except for Mento who was just an asshole.

All this bait.

>threaten his friends with prison if they break the law
Sounds like an upstanding citizen to me.

>TT robin
>original series
>kept getting his ass kicked

Did we watch the same show?

Slade beat his ass in whenever they fought.

How does one "fake" animation?

>raised by the goddamn batman
>not turning into a sociopathic dick
pick one

two face,

Jason Todd

like seriously hundreds of cops.

waste of a good set of quads

Big emphasis on IF, because it turned out that Robin was wrong and had zero evidence.

>gets beat by one of the main villains of the show whenever they fought, which wasn't a large number of times.
>this somehow equals getting beat "all the time".

faggot.

He means it mimics an anime-style, without being an actual anime.

You both forget the time where he saved the life of a king and became a prince.

Then it turns out that Terra killed him.
>Wah wah

>EVERYONE I LOVED IS DEAD
>I'm still around Garfield
>EVERYONE I LOVED

>I prefer his Go! incarnation
Being a OCD retard who is the butt of all the jokes isn't a good personality

No? Unless the definition of Mary Sue became massively bastardized

>He means it mimics an anime-style, without being an actual anime.

So if you have something other than wacky smiles/noodle arms or Bruce Timm art, you're mimicking anime? Is this why western animators don't think they're allowed to draw characters with anatomy?

I love me some Bruce Timm, but Teen Titans looked fine. It didn't look "anime". It just looked like someone gave a shit about it being taken semi-seriously every once in a while.

reminder pic related is jason todd

It has become massively bastardizaed.

Mary Sue now means character I dislike.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>If people like TTG and stopped being overly attached to the discount anime TT, it surely must be a bait

These are the same people that complained about Ben 10 OV's redesign.

And I suppose it differs from one another, but TT looked like shit. Especially when it tried to be like Sailor Moon and have characters' heads go suddenly 30 times bigger and have a giant ass sweat bubbles and crap. Those shits only happened because of the early 2000's obsession with anime with toonami and other shits, not by some obscure art directions.

>liking TTG over TT
But why? I admit that it's cute and sometimes funny, but why would anyone like it over TT for anything other than being contrarian?

>Raven in the cartoons isn't much of pacifist, but comic Raven rarely fights. She often monologues during fights about how the hostile emotional environment bothers her soul or whatever.. jesus christ what the fuck were you thinking even staying on a superhero team?
Because being on a team of fellow "special" kids her age was the only place she could safely learn to control her great and terrible powers. Even a single moment of weakness is all it would take for her completely obliterate entire worlds and be completely overtaken by the dark power of the Phoenix Force! Only under the careful tutelage of Professor Charl--

...wait, which comic am I writing for this week??
Oh.
Oops.

so actual thought, who is this nigger
Also posting the most hardcore scene nigger,
I remember the arc about cyborg vs this academy off bee people or sth, and got rerkt hard by the cyborg principle, first time seeing got teared to pieces

Because unlike TT which shoves its thumb up its own ass and expect that to be something serious, TTG at least tries to be faithful to its source and has a much better looking design and enjoyable episodes

Oops how did that get there.