Im determined to become a believer in Christianity

Im determined to become a believer in Christianity.
There are many denominations, Catholicism, protestantism, Orthodox, and so on.
Tell me which you believe in and which is the best denomination.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_jBLyIQvNf0
youtube.com/watch?v=-4IletJ7-Tw
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosis_(Eastern_Christian_theology)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi
youtube.com/watch?v=z-vcX2oKU90
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In japan many churchs exist

not baptist

don't bother, western christianity is a joke and jesus would smite 99% of christians alive today

Greek Orthodox and Catholic are acceptable

Anything else is heresy and need to be killed

Hallelujah

Why

greek orthodox is fine, but catholic is heresy and borderline paganism

Christianity is a religion of pathetic cucks and absolute losers. I am talking about those genuinely believe in all that garbage. Politicians and church employees just exploit the christianity meme to make money, control the general population and gain their own popularity.
Christianity is bullshit that needs to be wiped out.

The Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church of Kerala is the best Church for the Oriental man, as they had the longest presence on the continent.

In university Im reading western classic books.
A professor said you can't understand them unless you gain Christianity spirit.
And simply Im interested in Christianity.

Only one real choice Senpai, true spirituality inspires superior aesthetics
youtube.com/watch?v=_jBLyIQvNf0

But I don't want to go on pilgrim to Syria……

You only need to go as far as India.

You not believe in Russian Orthodox ?

Catholic

You wouldn't believe in god either if you lived in Russia.

Nobody gives a shit about orthodox christianity here, it's like some kind of meme at this point.
Also interesting thing that a few years ago there was a huge campaign where they tried to promote the orthodox church and attract the public's attention to it for reason i described here but it failed miserably and it even seems like the people now care about orthodox church even less than they did before since the government's attempts were too obvious.

this

Ok, i believe an explanation is needed on Orthodoxy
All orthodox churches are separated by organisation and language, but they have an agreement on religious doctrine - as in, they hold the same faith. That is called "being in communion".
In practical terms, that means you can familiarise yourself with teachings of Orthodox Church of Japan, which would be much simpler in terms of language barriers. If you find yourself in agreement, good for you
tl;dr; apply for greek orthodox if you speak greek, to syrian orthodox if you speak syrian. Faith should be the same

>japanese church
>christian
It's 99% weird bullshit cult in general that just want your money
Which is quite similar to all religions so it's fine though

Thank you for good information
I didnt know that.

I was bully in childhood. Im not now , but I want to change more.
I know Augustinus and Paul were asshole in youth

That's was gommunism does to you

Gnostic

It is a denomination of Christianity ?

As far as i know, there was an Orthodox mission in Japan in the begining of XX century and it ended in establishing an independent Japanese Orthodox church. There is even a milking fetish anime about that
Oh, and do not touch Russian Orthodox church with a ten-foot pole. Church Abroad is infested with (crypto)fascists and CIA, russian church is infested with (formaer)KGB and ecumenists

Good thing contemporary life of church does not mean much. Its teaching and truth are eternal, and the less one concerns himself with latest fads and fashions and "modern times", the better
PS. it seems, that unlike my compatriots in this thread i am a regular church-goer. I am not a good believer, though

You can't force yourself to believe in something.

Kind of a first heresy and a root for all others.

You are right. Churchs have been infested by political and economic power.
It is a pity.

That misses the point faith is personal work and devotion, are you unironically looking to become a protestant whose life revolves around the church?

You are right.
And I don't want to commute to church from a view of " fashion'' like most Japanese false Christians.
They enjoy church's design. But it doesn't matter.

How does life change depending on denominations

mosques too

I used to be Christian but then I got interested in other religions and now I'm an holistic hippie that believes every second religion, or doesn't depending on how you look at it
I have Catholic background but I would rate the major denominations, based on their trueness, as following:
Orthodox > Catholic >> Protestant

Start out with what C.S. Lewis called "mere Christianity". Everything that comes after that is merely aesthetics and minor squabbles about insignificant issues. Make sure the basis is correct.

Visit your closets priest it doesn't matter if he is an ortho or a catho.
All you have to do is talk to him about what troubles you.

since pope francis is a declared commie I think you should start by reading the new testament learning about what jesus said and what was his message to us

that would make you somewhat a protestant

Minor typos lel

OK here is a quick overview:

Catholicism is like the biggest and oldest denomination. It is very hierarchal and traditionalist. There are clerics who decide anything on matters of faith and people just follow along.

Then there is Eastern Christianity in the middle east which is even older and more traditionalist than Catholicism, but less hierarchal simply because it is smaller.

Then there is European Protestantism, mainly Lutheranism and Calvinism. These came about because people were fed up with the Catholic clergy abusing their power for political reasons.

Then there is American Protestantism, which is basically what happens when Satan corrupts Christianity.

>what happens when Satan corrupts Christianity
no, my dude
that's

>pope francis is a declared commie

He allegedly supported the helicopter tours in the 70s so he most definitely isn't a commie. Although he is trying to appear like one, now.

Christianity (read: judaism) is a sandnigger religion.

That too. But American Protestantism is basically

"I want my church to be pro
and against
6."

*opens yellow pages*
*Finds perfect match*
*Goes to a circlejerking sermon*

Or

*finds no match*
*goes online*
*15 minutes qualification and degree from Online Pastor Seminary (TM)*
*clean barn shed*
*starts new sect of American Protestantism that teaches exactly what he wants*

>Im determined to become a believer in religion
LOL

Nonsense, we are more religious than the Turks according to multiple polls.
>Catholicism is like the biggest and oldest denomination. It is very hierarchal and traditionalist.
Lol, oldest and traditionalist my ass.
>Then there is Eastern Christianity in the middle east
Most orthodox Christians are in eastern Europe though. And it's not less hierarchical because of its size.

Thank you I will try

Thanks for overview
But there are some church governers in Presbyterian Church, right?
somewhat hierarchical, not?
I respect Calvin and Luther very much
They are radical reformer

Catholic = Corruption, pedophiles, worship the pope, worship statues, kiss the feet of refugees, bribe the church
Protestant = Stick to the bible. No excuses.

lol
Ok you are right

The Italian mafia is also catholic. Killing native Americans also very catholic. And the Spanish inquisition torturing people is also very catholic.

youtube.com/watch?v=-4IletJ7-Tw

Catholics and Protestants are pretty much the same, they both have a bullshit legalistic view of God.

>Catholics and Protestants are pretty much the same, they both have a bullshit legalistic view of God.

You can't really grasp it if you were not born into it.
i was baptized when i was born, did the catholic school thing, went to the church all sundays and wednesdays and all that jazz
simply choosing a religion like that does not work, it's like radonmly pickin a team to """""""support""""""""'.
Follow your heart

That's not true for some Catholic monasteries though

In the Netherlands the south is catholic. And people see faith more as a social club there.
While the protestant areas are hardcore christians. Who believe women shouldn't work or vote. You can't even wash your car on sunday. Evolution is a lie.

Christianity is inborn ?
It is no use converting myself from half of life?

Lutheran Protestantism, obviously. It was literally created because c*Tholics were corrupt assholes who told people "give us money and your mom wont go to hell".

Lutheran Protestantism is based on THE BIBLE. Not on any Jew Rothschild owned popes disgusting greedy desires.

Christians always try to convert people.

You can, of course. But do it because you actually want to, and your heart tells you.
Don't be like one of those bandwaggoning chinks

>Im determined to become a believer in Christianity
It sounds like he is forcing himself into it.

By the way
I know the News that the pope celebrated a marry of a couple directly on airplane.
I wish my someday marriage would be celebrated by the pope ……

No washing your car on Sunday or not believing in evolution has nothing to do with spirituality though
It's the kind of retarded bullshit you get when clueless peasants read the Bible
The Orthodox and some Catholics have deep spiritual traditions
Is there a Protestant equivalent to enlightenment?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosis_(Eastern_Christian_theology)

Stop that.
Pope is literally a Rothschild puppet. The biggest donors to the Vatican are the Rothschild family and big banks.

>In 1832, when Pope Gregory XVI was seen meeting Carl von Rothschild to arrange the 1832 Rothschild loan to the Holy See (for £400,000, worth €43,000,000 in 2014), observers were shocked that Rothschild was not required to kiss the Pope's feet, as was then required for all other visitors to the Pope, including monarchs.[39] The 1906 Jewish Encyclopedia described the Rothschilds as "the guardians of the papal treasure

You are right.
It may be premature for me.
I will try to go to churchs and have priests tell me things.

Oh really ?
If it is true, same to Leo 10

Avoid Abrahamic religions. They are full of contradiction, hypocrisy and faith based on ignorance.

Most "Christians" have never even read the bible. It was actually a crime to do so in most of Europe when the religion was spreading.

Follow your heart and let Jesus's universal message guide you. It doesn't really matter what Church you follow, just as long as it teaches you how to be a respectable person and not a narcissistic ass. I'm Catholic and I don't get why people get so uppity about the Catholic sect. Yeah so there are some terrible clergymen who rape and harass children because they are eternally virgins. But they don't represent the local priests who in my experience are great people.

See what I mean?
>just follow your heart and be nice
That skips almost all of the teachings of Jesus. Where is your self-imposed poverty and extreme humiliation user? You should donate all of your possessions to the poor and die homeless and starving if you want to go to heaven. A camel through the eye of a needle remember?

Woops I meant humility lol

do you like Francis of Assisi work?
if so, you should visit Assisi and Umbria
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi

You're right
Christianity is supposed to be mainly monastic religion
But monasteries can't survive in a vacuum
If everyone lived like that, Christianity wouldn't survive one generation

>They are full of contradiction, hypocrisy and faith based on ignorance.
>Most "Christians" have never even read the bible.
It's stupid to avoid a religion just because of the actions, beliefs, or ignorance of some of the people who call themselves members of that religion.

>rape and harass children because they are eternally virgins
Virginity is not the cause of those terrible crimes.

Well you can't really change the word of God just because it isn't practical.

I'm not rich. I am subject to disease and taxes just like everyone else. And thats not what Jesus was saying. Jesus just doesn't want people to turn away from God and focus on accumulating mass wealth while not sharing that wealth around. I've done a lot of good work for nothing. And when I die, I lose everything.

My point is that most people wouldn't want to be Christians if they fully understood it. What sane person would think that living comfortably by your own means deserves eternal punishment?

You are very rich by Jesus' standards. Just visist Afghanistan or the CAR if you want to see how wealthy you are.

Oh and you actually have nothing to lose if you think you're destined for paradise in the afterlife. But remember, you can't kill yourself to get there because God (who is love) wants you to suffer first because of what happened in Genesis (which he utterly controlled and foresaw because he's omnipotent).

Orthodox be wary of the ekumenists that have infiltrated it, they are everywhere in every religion, trying to rot it from the inside.
Find at least one priest and church, monastery you trust only and stick to them. You dont need others and dont trust others.
Orthodox church in Belgrade for instance is something i will never enter.

> Finnish Lutheran church
Go kiss Rusina Abdullah's ass.

>most people wouldn't want to be Christians if they fully understood it.
Even if that were true, what is your point? Do you expect OP to stop trying to become a Christian because others wouldn't want to fully follow the tennants of Christianity?

>What sane person would think that living comfortably by your own means deserves eternal punishment?
i don't know of such a person, and that's the first time i learn of the existence of such a belief.

wrong answer

baptist is the true faith

Orthodoxy of course. It is the oldest Christian church, all others split off from it.

Go with an Apostolic church. That's either Catholic or Orthodox.

>holistic hippie that believes every second religion
lol, spineless faggot

>I respect Calvin and Luther very much

You must be in communion with the Successor of Peter. Glory to Rome!

1. Catholic
2. Orthodox

The rest are heretics.

youtube.com/watch?v=z-vcX2oKU90

Heill Óðinn

Catholics didn't wipe out the native americans. Pr*Testants did. Spanish inquisition was much more lenient than the secular powers. Stop spreading black legend and pr*Testant lies.

Lol. Just a reminder that it was your fucking merchants that prevented Japan from being fully Christianized.

European Protestantism and Catholicism, since I am Transylvanian
orthodogs are muslims larping as christians

It is not inborn. You can always convert and study the Bible. I'd also recommend reading Early Church fathers. For starters though, someone above already recommended it, go through "Mere Christianity" by C. S. Lewis.

You are dumb as a rock. None of this is true.

That's a good first step. He should now expose himself to Church environment and teachings of Christ and with time hopefully the faith comes.

This.

>that flag
>celebrating N*rdick monkey god
Just a reminder Odin drank semen of hanged men.

Japanese Orthodox Church which is under the jurdistiction of the Russian OC is best for you. Catholics and Lutherans are also fine. Anglicans used to be alright but went to shit now.

both of you stop, i posted the track because its comfy as fuck and i posted heil odin somewhat non-seriously to open for discussion/shitpost. this is a non bully thread, Pagans, Christians are friens when we boil it down :)

There are many paths but the goal is still the same
I see why you should stick to one,
but I'm not going to pretend the path I follow is the only true one when that's clearly not the case

Tulta iski ilman Ukko, valahutti valkeata
miekalla tuliterällä, säilällä säkenevällä;
iski tulta kyntehensä, järskytti jäsenehensä
ylähällä taivosessa, tähtitarhojen tasalla.

Saipa tulta iskemällä. Kätkevi tulikipunan
kultaisehen kukkarohon, hope'isehen kehä'än.
Antoi neien tuuitella, ilman immen vaapotella
kuun uuen kuvoamaksi, uuen auringon aluksi.

Neiti pitkän pilven päällä, impi ilman partahalla
tuota tulta tuuitteli, valkeaista vaapotteli
kultaisessa kätkyessä, hihnoissa hope'isissa.

Hope'iset orret notkui, kätkyt kultainen kulisi,
pilvet liikkui, taivot naukui, taivon kannet kallistihe
tulta tuuiteltaessa, valkeaista vaapottaissa.

Impi tulta tuuitteli, vaapotteli valkeaista,
tulta sormilla somitti, käsin vaali valkeaista:
tuli tuhmalta putosi, valkea varattomalta,
kätösiltä kääntelijän, sormilta somittelijan.

Taivas reikihin repesi, ilma kaikki ikkunoihin.
Kirposi tulikipuna, suikahti punasoronen,
läpi läikkyi taivosista, puhki pilvistä pirisi,
läpi taivahan yheksän, halki kuuen kirjokannen.