The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed"...

>The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Fuck and Suck"

simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Sneed's_Feed_&_Seed

absolutely degenerate baka desu simpsons

That's fucking stupid. If the owner was named Gregory would that automatically mean the store would have to be changed to Greg's Fegs and Segs??

yes

It's just a cartoon, why are you rationalizing it like that... None of these people actually exist. It was for the sake of a joke

>season 11 episode

who cares

fuck off groening, one day we will uncover the hidden meaning behind this and you cant stop us

What is a suck and fuck? There's no such store

I mean the implication is obvious...but its just not funny.

>Oh you saw the sneed meme on plebit and you want to repost it...

Ok here is your (you)

What about this one, season 4, then?

It doesn't make any sense. It would be Chuck's Feed & Seed

You may be retarded my friend

no, it would be Chuck's Sneed's Feed and Seed

I remember seeing this on the gamefaqs simpsons board 10 years ago, why the sudden resurgance?

No, it would just be "Chuck's"

What kind of store sells fucking nerds?

matt groening later explained in commentary that they added an extra H to "KEK" just to get past the censors. he was one crafty fellow. the driver of this ice cream van is also the previous owner of "Sneed's Feed & Seed"

wow after 20 years I finally get the joke. thank you, internet

The real answer is "CHUCK'S FUCK AND KEK"

The "Sn" drops the 2nd letter and becomes "SUCK".
The "Ch" drops the 2nd letter and becomes "KEK".

Whats wrong with it?

I still don' get it.

Wow you are a dumb motherfucker.

There's a thread about this straightdope.com (and tons more on usenet) from 2003.

The underages on Sup Forums are just really late to the party as usual.

forced reddit meme

what kind of thread? a thread that explains the joke? because that's never been the issue.

Fuck off Chuck

I've literally never seen it on Reddit, ever.

Yes, I use Reddit. Fuck you.

Why do they just assume the "n" has the same properties as the "h" in that they are both dropped off following the owners' name?
I think they're reaching.

Year ago, this would have been a non-sequitor. Thanks to the grasping for edge fag audiences it has become shitty and lewd.

There is another formerly joke in the episode where Homer becomes an astronaut or Skinner becomes a drill instructor. It's the name of the base anyhow.

The Simpsons
Formerly Known
As A Good TV Show

i don't get it

it's obvious

No, it's Formely Known As
The Tracey Ullman Show

dumb nigg

the viewer assumes that the store is called 'feed and seed' because it rhymes with sneed's name, because 'feed and seed' by itself sounds fucking retarded

the joke is that chuck's feed and seed sounds stupid because the rhyme isn't there, so its a bizarre name for a store

>formerly Chuck's

What did Sneed mean by this?

Why would a feed store assume to acquire or serve the same customer base as a suck and fuck store.

/subject

Also anybody can edit a wiki.

I'll take ancient memes for 1000 alex

Jeopardy answers only go to $500 lame brain.

Not since 2001 dickweed

It's just a joke, man.

i pray that you're trolling

Loving every laugh

oh for fuck's sake

Someone post the pasta about how it refers to real life stores with links to court cases.

Trump's Drumpfs and Frumps
formerly Zrumpfs

That's my oc ackshully.

that's how Hitler started too

I thought it was just that Sneed is an uncommon name and he happened to take over a store called Feed and Seed?

Chuck is a first name and Sneed is a last name. Why the discrepancy in naming conventions?

You don't know that. Chuck may even be a second name too.

The guys name is Chuck Sneed. He wanted to get out of the suck and fuck business and didn't want his new seed and feed store to have a bad image so he started going by his last name.

True sir.

Assume makes an ASS out of U and ME.

SNEED?

Dead meme

this, the 'joke' is literally baseless assumption
from this joke's perspective 2 people doing a completely different business and aren't in any way related to each other would follow the same arbitrary rule?

also, the former owner would only be mentioned if the store stays the same and only switched owner
just to let people now this is still the store you used to ge to get your seed need
if the old store was something entirely different, it would actually be bad for business to remind people of something that doesn't exist anymore

finally, why would sneed remind people that this used to be a whore house anyway?

That's the joke! :)

Please user, this is a blue board, and having Segs with that Feg: Greg is too LEWD.

How did they get away with this?

So when Greg owned the bar it was a LGBT meeting point?

reddit is sounding better every day

Redlight ones.

More like formerly Hillary's