Thoughts?
I love everybody who saw this movie.

i'll let you know in about 2 hours

i'm in the mood for an Australian movie

I felt hungover after watching it

/cunt/ general?

You won't regret. I'll keep bumping.

Well at least the beer was free.

Fuckin weird and not in a good way. An uncomfortable movie. Didn't enjoy it probably won't ever watch again.

It made me crave beer all the time. Gotta visit straya sometimes.
>tropical fruits
>beer
>getting called a good bloke
>hearing 'cunt' 'oi' and 'mate' all the time when walking down the street

Also the beautifull environment.

overrated.

It was uncomfortable indeed.

What do you think about ending the movie when the MC shoots himself and the screen goes black?
I don't mind the part after that but I think it could've been an interesting alternate ending.

It would definently give another feeling to the movie. I don't know what would have worked better desu.

Hunting scene. Never forget.

Bat shit crazy. The true face of Australia

I just felt like it was this kind of movie were I would've liked it to just end after a big peak and leave me sitting there with a blank mind in WTF mode while the credits roll.
The homecoming scene kinda took the edge off the ending and made everything a little more digestible and that didn't feel quite right for me because the movie in general came off as a pretty hard chew.

I agree. They could have made the movie scarier by doing this and probably also by making some people more hostile or something.

Best straya film ever made, true mankino if there ever was one.
That's a terrible poster though, here's a better one

Cunt is a bad word no one uses it willy nilly except for literal white trash or natives. This meme must end

Hardly disagree. He has to come back to show that he can't escape that godforsaken place. It's all just a vicious unforgiving cycle when you are isolated like that, the cheeky smile that guy gives him when he goes back is everything.
Your version of the ending does not fit the narrative at all.

would have ruined the point tbqh. the whole point of the ending is to show how pointless our main characters journey was. having it end with a bleak ending like that would have ruined the ironic aspect of it.
it's like mean streets by scorsese. having characters survive sometimes is better than just killing them off.

I prefer the old one for some reason.

banterkino

>also by making some people more hostile or something
Everything else felt pretty good to me. The people were friendly but fucked up.

Like I said, I don't mind the regular ending.
It does just what you guys say and that's pretty strong in itself, but I can't help feeling like it's missing a little hammer over the head at the end.
I'm just gonna watch it again soon and see how it would fit. Cheers mates!

Fuck off burgertard.

You two are right.

It's not a horror movie, this is a real place and the character has to live with his experiences forever changed by them.

Somebody saw this movie as well? Is it any good?

ye
that's based nicolas roeg directing. if you've seen any of his other films, you'd know he has a really distinct editing style, it's really hypnotic. walkabout is no exception, though, i'd recommend you to check out the film he made a few years earlier first, performance, if you haven't already.
on another note, nicolas roeg was in some kind of interview asking about one of his favorite scenes in cinema. he chose a random two minute scene from an 80s rom-com involving a blindman and he went really into detail about it. absolute madman.

Thank you very much.

Bumping with this Australian kino