But Casterly Rock is an impregnable fortress!

>but Casterly Rock is an impregnable fortress!
>"Give me ten good men"

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/06/23/world/asia/destroyer-fitzgerald-collision.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"I didn't think they would attack us with ships twice lol"

Gurm crafted the "Tyrion was in charge of the sewer system at Casterly Rock" Chekhov's gun subtly, carefully, through many books.

D&D did it with one lame line. Are they geniuses?

>"He really was a cunt"

Line of the series

>implying he wasnt working with Cersei all along

I'm waiting for an explanation on how euron's fleet SNUCK up in BROAD DAYLIGHT AT SEA.
Also how he found both fleets that he decimated.

Only explanation is Euron is the Storm God. He teleports his fleet as storm clouds

What did he mean by this?

Well he did mention it in season 1 or 2.

nytimes.com/2017/06/23/world/asia/destroyer-fitzgerald-collision.html

>There should have been lookouts on watch on the port, starboard and stern of the destroyer Fitzgerald — sailors scanning the horizon with binoculars and reporting by headsets to the destroyer’s bridge. At 1:30 a.m. last Saturday, off the coast of Japan south of Tokyo, they could hardly have failed to see the 730-foot freighter ACX Crystal, stacked with more than 1,000 containers, as it closed in.

>Radar officers working both on the bridge and in the combat information center below it should have spotted the freighter’s image on their screens, drawing steadily closer. And under standard protocol, the Fitzgerald’s captain, Cmdr. Bryce Benson, should have been awakened and summoned to the bridge to assure a safe passage long before the ships could come near each other.

>But none of that happened. The Fitzgerald’s routine cruise in good weather through familiar, if crowded, seas ended in the most lethal Navy accident in years. Seven sailors lost their lives.

So Wormsy's dead in an episode or two, right?

>1:30 a.m.
>broad daylight

>1 ship hits one ship
>not at war
>fleet that size wasnt seen
Whoever is writing the show is seriously losing it

>1,000 ships
>only ever see like 30 different ironborn

ghost chips?

Do you have any idea how bit a 700 foot freighter is? that's longer than 2 football fields. Half of Euron's fleet would fit on that one ship

Even if that were true you didn't answer anyone's question with that article.

>debating the logistics of show that threw logistics out the window a long time ago

its pleb tier show now, dont think about the specifics, youll lose your mind over how badly written it is

enjoy the meandering padded episodes of fuck all happening for 2 seasons because they had to justify budget for like 1 big battle scene

It feels like they plotted out storyboards and then just handed the show to a bunch of 12 year olds to write dialogue. I can't believe how far HBO has fallen that this is their flagship show.

>The last China clippers were acknowledged as the fastest sail vessels. When fully rigged and riding a tradewind, they had peak average speeds over 16 knots (30 km/h)
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper
fastest sails and it goes 30km/h. you can spot that at sea from fucking far away.
are you going to imply the stormlord teleportation is acceptable next?

They've mentioned it on the show before.

the pleb tier dialog was that way for atleast 3+ seasons now

i can pin point the exact moment, then the writers commented on needing to convey reactions, and then having the director film reaction shots from characters for every fucking scene because plebs were too stupid to assume someone might be angry or happy about something happening

>Surprise attack with boats in the middle of the day with a clear sky

BRAV0

you know that you can hide fleets in bays and fjords and what else may be available at the hilly/mountainous Westerlands coastline?

the Unsullied are not really experienced in naval warfare, their task was to assault the shore, march fast to Casterly Rock walls and launch an immediate assault. 30-60 mins later, then the main body of the army is piercing through the last layers of the defence, Euron decides to show up, mostly wrecking and attacking barely manned ships at the anchor when the main force is too busy fighting inside the fortress.

then again, don't expect too much of the show where the first scene of the first episode of the first season is about ice zombies.

You know the difference between an assault and a siege, right? Or even a double siege, look up the Battle of Alesia.

Thanks, OCaesar.

>"greyscale has not been cured for thousands of years samwell tarly"
>"umm have they like tried taking it out and putting on some oil? lol"

FUCKING BRAVO D&D

They knew how to do it. It was literally just in a book. It was forbidden, though. Some old shit probably got infected skin everywhere and fucked over a dozen people and they decided "we're not doing that anymore."

>Afraid of spreading of the disease, so ban attempts to cure it
>But still keep infected in the citadel
>Let the new guy go and give food and such to the infected
>Let the new guy go and give food, but also unprotected
>Sam almost got infected in episode 1

Yeah, that makes no sense at all.

It's a shitty trope

In the middle ages there wasn't many safety procedures, no.

Didn't Tyrion know better about the lannister mines being dry?

>those tacky sails

Doesn't seem like something people from the Iron Islands would do.

Must have stolen littlefingers teleportation device

Don't think you saw my point

You know what would be cooler than 10 good men is if Tyrion has a sewer hack that backs up every shitter in Casterly Rock.

The put the place under siege, he backs up the sewers, and they all die of dysentery shitting their guts out in the streets, like Indians.

No, he had no clue.

>What are timezones

>.png (3.7 MB, 2560x1440)

>you only get 1

Stick around.

my png was 4.3, but i had to upload a jpg instead. idk how he made it more bloated.

so does Euron have TOS-1 installed on those ships?

cause those flaming missiles he keeps firing in every battle look kinda weird

Burantino

>square rig in the front
>lateen in the back
>two meme sails on the side

what did he unironically mean by this?

GoT Is early renaissance era.
It wasn't exactly Louis Pasteur at that point, but better than leeches and axes.

>not knowing a coverup when you see one

The Original Series-1?

>>"Give me ten good men"
He asked for men but in the show he used cockless unsullied. What did he mean by this?

As soon as Tyrion made his speech about not wanting to take King's Landing with an army of foreigners and that the Unsullied would be taking Casterly rock I knew that it would be a blunder.

they are not the bitter and impotent sea niggers anymore, they in full cthulhu mode.

Cersei blew up the sept and spun the story. They should've done just that exactly.

He had the weather gage in his favour.

Ten good men is code for 10 mercenaries from house Goodmun, the legendary commandos.
Ramsay hired twenty of them earlier and used them to great effect.

I doubt DABID is bright enough to planned this through, but Euron is a scary blood magic user.

They had also been stalking them around an entire continent for months

It was really out of character for her, but the same could be said for all other characters. Compare the quality of the dialogue of S1 with this tripe.

Automation taking a toll on job prospects

Were they half of Ramseys's twenty?

well that's what happens when you cant just copy dialogue from the books anymore and have to think for yourself... D&D are fucked

Euron is a glamorous pirate lord who hadn't set foot on the Iron Islands for like 20 years. In the books he wears blue lipgloss, long hair and an eyepatch like he's straight out of Pirates of the Caribbean. If anything, this isn't tacky enough.

Can we just talk about magnificent Lena headys tits are? Providing they are actually hers.

I assume that was another body double again

>"Give me ten good men"
See, and here I thought it was a nod to Alexander capturing the Sogdian Rock by having climbers infiltrate it under cover of darkness.

This. All of Dany's army is inexperienced in naval warfare, and the unsullied fleet would have only had a skeleton crew at best. So Euron probably didn't even sneak up on them, there's just not much they could have done.

Doesn't help that Tyrion is the worst general ever.

While it wasn't a perfect plan by any means, Tyrion was mainly hamstrung by how utterly incompetent Yara was.

All of this is just filler so Dany can destroy all the remaining Lannister armies with her dragons in the next episode.

Need to heat up the suspense i guess.

>Did not seize King's Landing at the first opportunity for moralfag reasons even though he knows that being a moralfag like Ned Stark gets you killed
>Lost Yara, Ellaria and Daenery's fleet somehow without knowing about Euron despite having Varys on his side
>Took a worthless castle with heavy losses and all it did was split up his army
>Highgarden fell to the Lannisters and the Tyrells are dead
>armies are virtually shattered with only the Dothraki left

We all know Dany is just going to Dragon Ex Machina her way out of it like always, but seriously, what the fuck is Tyrion doing.
Remember when Tyrion was meant to be the smart character of the show ?

they trailed them over several weeks distance, were never noticed, and then showed up a couple hours later on their tail? AHAHAHAA

what is he meant to be atm? just some dude?

>going to the other side of a continent
Holy shit Tyrion is retarded,

They used the rivers you fucking idiots.

This post is brutal lad

Last season, he advised to make peace with the slavers. Then they betrayed him an Khaleesi got all the credit for being a dragon genius. Dany is not allowed to make mistakes of judgement so they fucked Tyrion up.

>An entire fleet of seaworthy ships
>Rivers

Who's the fucking idiot here?

Square coarse and lateen mizzen was the norm for late medieval ships though.

Only the lateen would be a lot smaller.

>fleet can't go in single file

Which River, you fucking moron? There isn't a single one that cuts all the way through the continent.

>Rivers that cut through entire continents
You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

>Got actually takes place in historical times
What?

you don't know basic geology if you think a river cutting through a continent makes it two continents

I would expect nothing less from american public education

Did you even look at the map?

Is there a river that cuts through a continent on one end and comes out the other? The closest I can think of are the Nile and the Mississippi.

HURRR

>"greyscale has not been cured for thousands of years samwell tarly"
>because no one thought of wearing fucking gloves while doing it
Everytime my roommate talks about how deep this series is I know remind him of this shit.

rivers aren't infinitely deep, they don't cut through the plate tectonics. how is this not obvious to anyone with half a brain

and what do the nile and mississippi have to do with anything? I wasn't aware westeros was in our world

How big us this meant to actually be?
Great Britain size?
North and South America size?
What's up with other continents on this planet?
Dumb

That river doesn't go all the way to the other side. Are you suggesting that they carried the ships over land?

The river doesn't even make it to the ocean.
2/10 for making me reply.

How big is*

He travelled on land and built another fleet once he arrived.

Thats an even more retarded explanation than sailing around a continent in a fucking day.

That's what the books say

how ship to be going through land????

it literally takes 2 weeks to build a thousand good ships on a barren stone island

it takes at least a month to circle all the way around

>In the books he wears blue lipgloss,
His lips are stained purple from drinking a hallucinogenic concoction for years.

>carried the ships over land
GRRM said so, so ya

how do you know? have you ever been there? I AM RIGHT so
shut the fuck up

we wuz mentats

Wizardboi's back at it again lads, why is he so strong but gets so little screentime?