How does Sup Forums feel about nihilism?

How does Sup Forums feel about nihilism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6giSDP-PQtA
youtube.com/watch?v=k06slNKs6A4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it kinda seems forced.

Not much to it.

im a stoic nihilist

I don't care

Odin is our true god.

Gives me an excuse to jack off to cartoons all day.

Too apathetic for actual opinions.

nothing

It's degenerate

Is that KnK 8? I still haven't watched it.

Nihilism is gay as fuck
>nothing matters
>I will try to convince you nothing matters

If nothing matters
Why even try to get people to be nihilistic?

Here's a protip

If nothing really mattered, how come you're still finding purpose in living?
And if you killed yourself right now to prove that you don't, why did you do so if it didn't matter?

Here's a bigger protip

Take the elements of nihilism but subtract the ones derived because of your ego. You won't admit it, but deep down inside you, you know perfectly well of what I'm talking about.
That's when you'll reach nihilism in its purest form, or what some people call "enlightenment"

Understanding that our time here is impermanent should be liberating, but the problem is when combined with modern materialism people get a wave of anxiety of nothing we do really being permanent in any physical sense.

This problem used to be solved with faith and tradition.
"I do what I do because my forefathers did and god loves me"

Which when you understand that, then it becomes clear why men even invented religion in the first place.
Far from a cancer, faith is a tool to overcome the anxiety of our own eventual disintegration.

The only thing the modern world offers is distraction.

Nihilism is a good thinking tool if you can master it, but to remain in that mindset generally means stagnating, not doing anything, and passively dying

Nothing much to it.

>If nothing matters
>Why even try to get people to be nihilistic?
A lot of philosophy is just about passing the time

whatever m8

At this point, what difference does it make?

I'll further add, if one is wondering how to escape a nihilistic attitude, go for a jog.
Do anything that causes exertion of your body, that is a struggle, that tires you.

Feel your veins expand and your breath struggle.

When the mind is stuck the body can remind it that while maybe your mind is confused, your body wants to live.

It a cornerstone of who I am but I wouldnt say its benificial.

I just use nihilism as an excuse to climb tall stuff and take drugs.

Nihilism for me is about having a reason to live without a worry abd t enjoy my life regardless of what others think,
Seeing as they will be dust in the ground in 200 years.

Reddit tier

too negative and unrealistic

Nilhilist probably argue about philosophy because they enjoy it not because they want everyone to be a nihilist.

Nihilism isn't the fatalistic caricature you believe it to be. Asking a nihilist why they haven't killed themselves presupposes that a life without meaning/purpose isn't worth living. So obviously the nihilist would even consider the question.

Is that Sleeves?
I don't think I've watched that one yet.

You're dumb. I find no purpose in living just the same as I find no purpose in not living, since that's the state I'm already in.

What elements of "nothing matters" can I derive from my ego?

>nihilism

really made me think

It's babby's first step into depression.

It's fucking garbage, literally untermensch philosophy

You both are triggered af lmao

One trying to justify his insulted ego-driven reality, and the other straight up resorting to "your d-dumber than me! I'm the smart snowflake in my reality :^("

Cute.

I always thought it goes away because it's hard to think while running.

Not triggered, I just find it funny how you think you have a better understanding of "nothing matters" than other people.

It doesn't matter.

Kara no Kyoukai

Best set of movies you'll find. Great soundtrack too.
youtube.com/watch?v=6giSDP-PQtA
youtube.com/watch?v=k06slNKs6A4

I hate them. They're fucking horrible to have a convo with. When you argue with them and can't defend their stance they always say "hurr it doesn't matter anyways." like this gives them a win or something. Every time a person says that to me I always call them a faggot for having such a weak outlook on life.

Nietzsche was a grumpy kid

Replied to my posts twice. And not just any replies, but ego-protection driven replies.

You're not a real nihilist my man, sorry to break it down to you. Hope you get out of your depressive episode soon! :)

It's the worst idea ever, and Nietzsche is the cure.

Seen to be the ultimate redpill, but also a pill of despair

Explain how they are ego-driven.

It could also means freedom. I'm not sure

What's the point?
Nothing matters, correct?

What's the point of the opposite?

Nihilism is for lazy people who want to feel smart without having to accomplish anything or struggle.

But you already know.

Me writing it out to you will only trigger a loop of pointless arguing, And what do I win if I "win"? Defending my point on a random website? No thanks, I'll pass.

If you aren't willing to explain yourself, why even speak up?

What's the point?

I consider myself a nihilist. Nihilism is a supreme, intelligent doctrine, for supreme, intelligent people, such as myself.

I'm clicking your flag but I'm not getting any health wtf

Faith in God can be used to overcome suffering, and many people in weakness often use God and religion as a crutch.

When we stand naked and alone before reality, we know we need God.
The greatest error you can make is to leap to the cynical conclusion that because we need Him, He must a delusion created by culture or evolution to protect our fragile little minds. There is infinitely more to God than that.

In fact, any authentic involvement with God (a conscious relation to the infinite and eternal) can often involve tremendous anxiety and makes great demands on your life (e.g., personal sacrifice).

We live in a finite box (existence) built by God. Everything within it is absolutely uncertain, and all that is outside it is inconceivable (e.g., whatever miracle means reality is not nothing whatsoever). Do not forget that there is an outside (even though most people never become aware of it for even a moment). Science, and even most non-existentialist philosophy, deals only with the inside, with the structure of appearances.

Our souls and our consciousness belong to the outside, and have an unbreakable connection to God. God loves you, but you have to reach out to him in faith to know his reality.

source of pic please

Existential Nihilism is the assertion that life lacks objective or intrinsic meaning, value or purpose.

I can place subjective value on shitposting on a Chinese cartoon discussion board (or whatever subjective value or meaning you like) and still be a nihilist.

Everything is degenerate according to you fags.

Nihilism is for pretentious douchebags so caught up in themselves they can't see how they are wrecking their own lives with their social suicide faggotry.

An overwhelming majority of Nihilists are omegas who get no pussy, are often suicidal shut-ins, drugs addicts, or living off of minimum wage. That or they come from wealth and disappointed their parents by majoring in art history or philosophy with no real hope for the future, so they live their 'starving artist, fuck the bourgeois' lives off their parents.

Every cheesedick nihilist I've met is deluded into thinking they are smart,yet they overly complicate things to no end and often are dissatisfied and constantly try to find themselves; often balls deep in feminizi women with strong man arms and rainbow coloured hair.

Man the fuck up and adopt existentialism or religion and make something of your life; useless faggot.

Ayyyy lmao

Did you get cucked by a nihilist?

Do you actually know people that talk about nihilism in general conversation with acquaintances?

I can only imagine talking about it in a discussion with one or two close friends, or a situation where it actually applies. Like a philosophy class or something similar.

Naw. I've had a lot of Nihilist friends and then you look at the trend posts on Facebook and you listen to these people. Also delved into the philosophies an found it boring as fuck and full of weakness.

Find and make your own meaning in life. There are many rules and possibilities. The whole point of living is to live, faggot, who cares if you die in the end? You have a moment to experience things in ways many animals cannot, and that many planets cannot as well. Life is a fucking gift, so get over the bad shit and have fun, suffer, learn, improve.

Alternatively turn to religion. Do anything but piss and whine and complain and shrug and say gay ass cop-outs like ' it doesn't matter anyways'.

If you succumb to nihilism or make your life infinitely less enjoyable because of it then I don't care if your dumb ass dies.

You seem to be attacking this caricature of Nihilism that you have built up in your mind.

There's nothing about nihilism that requires complaining or whining and as says there's two ways to look at "nothing in life matters."

Plebs trying to grasp concepts they are too young to understand.
Pic related is nihilism.

Pussy bullshit for the weakest of people. Even people who don't see a point can make their own. Also for edgy kids.

I'm a depressedfag, and while I realize the shittiness of nihilism and the more or less bragging about mental illness on facebook, I find myself constantly stuck in the same rut. I try to get out, but then I'm such a weirdo/autist I find myself unable to relate to anyone.

I don't have any issues with religion unless its overly dogmatic, but that's a problem with secular ways of life as well. I just can't get myself to believe in any of it.

What the fuck are you saying?