This triggers the Italian

This triggers the Italian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0SeFn9mY3PA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A plate of spaghetti with sauce just dumped on top of is not authentic at all.

God bless

>Italian-American food

is better than italian food

"Authentic" Italian food is shit-tier, I prefer our take on it any day.

I mean, to be fair real Chinese food is also pretty disgusting.

These. The world only knows and cares about Italian cuisine, because some builders of the Pax Americana, the modern global world order had Italian roots. Italian Americans took the heritage of native peoples of Italy and turned it into an enjoyable taste for all the people in the world. They reformed and innovated, while the genetic backdrop wasted their lives away in a dying country with a dying culture.

Whites that remained in Europe instead of venturing out and building the most successful country in history are the scraps that remained after real Men carved out the most recent chapter from the Mountain of Time.

Think of Frank Sinatra and all the other musical legacy that Italian-Americans left us. Meanwhile, Italy itself has a birthrate of like 0.9 kids per woman and they still live with their parents at 40.

TOP FUCKING KEK

it's unironically good. I'm not those guys and I never tried Italian food in Italy but Italian american food is super comfy.

>super comfy.
dont call it italian ffs, its just disgusting fat food

t. shitalian MEP

havent been there in more than a decade. are there ANY decent-good big chain/family restaurants in america?

>all these americans fishing for (You)s
Shant reply

not even close mutt, but italian food is god tier food

The stuff in Italy is a lot drier, smaller portions, less cheese and sauce. Also there's no garlic bread like you find in I-A cuisine, the closest they have are garlic-flavored biscotti.

Bread sticks are also not those huge fluffy things, the genuine Italian bread stick are the little, hard, cracker-like kind.

Americanized Chinese food is delicious. We definitely BTFO China on that one

it's made by italians who adopted to american life, what's wrong with that?
How is spaghetti with meatballs disgusting?

And cappuccinos are strictly a breakfast item in Italy, nobody drinks them at dinner.

I always thought people who cared over authenticity of the food were a bit racist. Anyone can make Italian food, it's not like native Italians know any better or have some special knowledge that others don't.

Muh traditions and muh culture be damned.

This.

Chinese-American food is also far better than real Chinese food.

Real Chinese food suffers from the fact that they eat anything that moves, whether it has fur, feathers, or scales.

OP, you should have made this b8 thread a few hours later. They're just coming home from work/school in Shitaly now.

Does Switzerland even have any food except chocolate?

Bruschetta, not biscotti. The American-style garlic bread uses butter rather than olive oil because it was invented in the early 20th century when olive oil was scarce and expensive in the US.

American Italian food is what you get when you take a bunch of impoverished Sicilian, Calabrian and Neapolitans and throw them onto North America with no stuck up Milanese to tell them they're doing it wrong for four or five generations, and also not be able to access all of the ingredients available in Italy. It's inevitable they'll put some meat in the pasta to satisfy all those Norwegians and Irish who go to their restaurants.

That is true. Most Italian immigrants in the US came from the south so I-A food is mainly based on Sicilian and Neapolitan dishes rather than the foods eaten in the north.

Nah italian food is good it's their breakfast, candy and desserts that are terrible

Yeah well, sugar has always been expensive in Europe compared with the Americas.

American-style Chinese is trash. Overly sweet, needlessly deep fried, lacking vegetables, always slathered in a sauce that's 50% corn starch, it's gross.

All other Americanized cuisines (Japanese, Thai, Italian, Mexican, etc.), despite being modified somewhat, are still very good. But Chinese food took a massive dive in quality when introduced to America.

I've been to Italy before. Trust me, their food snobbery is borderline ridiculous. You can cook a recipe that someone swore on a stack of Bibles was his ggggrandmother's pasta recipe from 1908, and then cook it for a bunch of Italians and have them tell you it's Americanized horse dook.

Why is America so terrible at candy then?

There are candies other than Hershey Bars, you know. Obviously anything you buy at the checkout line in a Wal-Mart isn't the best candy around.

>tasteless Brits and American ITT
as a murrifat I actually try to have good taste to enjoy being fat but these faggots are just pigs eating from a trough. Olive Garden should be punished with death

I don't like olive garden, I was talking about Italian American food in general.

European food snobbery on the whole is slightly ridiculous since they act as if X and Y food is a sacred culinary tradition when in most cases it was born out of poverty or necessity from whatever ingredients could be obtained locally, or to pretend that culinary traditions don't change with time. The foods they ate in Italy in 1800 or 1500 were quite unlike what's eaten in Italy in 2018.

For example, I-A food has giant-ass meatballs because meat in the US is cheap and easily obtainable and not a scarce holiday meal like it was for peasants in Naples.

maama mia :DDD

The tomato and pasta didn't originate in Italy anyway.

>Olive Garden
Never heard.

I have a craving for their garlicky breadsticks and salad that has not been sated for some time now.

It's not a racial preserve to make authentic cuisine but it is a cultural one. Sure, if you become a fan of Italian and teach yourself through study you can make something pretty close to authentic, but there's nuances that can only be learned person to person so you'd need to study under an Italian, and preferably spend some time in Italy learning their food culture, before you can confidently make the claim what you're doing is authentic cuisine.

Blame yourself, Is Italian Americans claiming obviously non authentic dishes are their nonna's sacred recipe that created skepticism and distrust of non Italians doing the real thing, that alongside Greeks, Arabs and even Mexicans trying to pass themselves off as Italians.

The closest to good, authentic, Italian food you can get in Mexico is ironically enough never served in Italian restaurants nor advertised as such, you find it in small family run Argentine restaurants if you actually bother looking beyond bifes on the menu. On just being friendly you'll be served some limoncello from the bottle they keep hidden behind the bar and be served the really good stuff that isn't on the menu. Hell you'll even get half the family seated at your table talking loudly so you can get the full Italian experience. It's actually pretty cool.

But even then, it's still a Mexican interpretation of Italian food since it has to rely on locally-available ingredients. By the same token, Mexican restaurants in the US are never quite like the real thing because a lot of the ingredients aren't easily obtainable.

most authentic italian restaurant in the USA, many of the CEOs were even arrested three years ago for skimming hundreds of thousands of dollars from the organization

youtube.com/watch?v=0SeFn9mY3PA

>American-style Chinese is trash. Overly sweet, needlessly deep fried, lacking vegetables, always slathered in a sauce that's 50% corn starch, it's gross.
What are you doing eating Panda Express?

Can you get pizzas like this in the US?

pretty small pizzas

for you

Yeah the pizzas they have in Italy are smaller and drier than what you'd be used to here.

for you obese fucks yea they are pretty small

pizza is intended to be shared you greedy little pig

I once read a cookbook of authentic recipes from the French countryside. It was mostly weird/gross stuff.

the french put absolute tons of butter in all their old cooking

>shitalian food
>tiny rabbit portions, thin fried bread, recipe autism about using the right lettuce grown in the hills of campiano di poo, €50 per plate
>italian-american food
>hearty, rich in flavour, thick soft bread, free drink refills, lathered in delicious tomato and garlic sauce, any topping you can possibly imagine, massive portions to sate any appetite big or small

>Britain
>Calling any other food shit

deflect harder luigi

yes aside memes ,most ny and nj 'high end' pizzerias do serve Neapolitan pizza

>Whites that remained in Europe instead of venturing out and building the most successful country in history are the scraps that remained after real Men carved out the most recent chapter from the Mountain of Time.

This is unironically true though