I gotta get out of here. I can't do this again

I gotta get out of here. I can't do this again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6o5uDjBRI
youtube.com/watch?v=K03Y2FP9qhI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you knew what was going to happen didn't you?

What episode got to you the most?

For me it's Downer Ending

>underwater ep

I think the ending where he asks "am I just doomed to be the person I am" might be the first time in my adult life I openly sobbed at a television show.

The hardest hitting one will always be Escape From LA though.

so gud

How does season 1 end again? I remember season 2 ends with the penne fiasco and season 3 ends with aborted suicide attempt.

the book gets published and Bojack starts the ball rolling for the Secretariat movie

falling in love is the most selfish thing you can do. You're just promising you're going to break someones heart.

Doesn't season 2 end with "It gets easier"

I'm convinced that Season 4 is going to be a good season for Bojack.

Everything prior was him trying to judge himself worthy of happiness. He had to be "worth" being happy.
Everything he pursued was some kind of validation to prove to some kind of higher judgement that he can be happy.

But the season ended with him giving up and I think the horses running will offer the type of "family" he never had. Because family isn't about being judged worthy or not. You just are. And that's good.

Meanwhile Dianne is selling her fucking soul. She's spiralling downward while Bojack is coming up

ruining people's lives got easier.
He wasn't even fully awake when he upset Penny after she moved on and killed Sarah Lynn

What's frustrating about Sarah Lynn's death is that it was completely avoidable. Bojack could've just kept the script behind his back and pretended to have come for something else.

What really hit me was when Bojack was talking about him being a poison, and how he poisons others around him.
I had always afraid of that, so I ended up bottling up my poison and not talking to anyone instead.

>it was completely avoidable
But it wasn't, really.
Maybe she didn't die this bender. But there'd be another and another and another until she died.

Bojack kills, remember?
That's why he was so triggered with Sarah Lynn 2.0

I had to stop watching this show with other people after it started getting darker.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6o5uDjBRI

This. Sarah Lynn straight up acknowledges in season 1 that she's going to continue her substance abuse until she dies tragically young because she can just surround herself with enablers. If she wasn't getting high with Bojack, she'd find someone else eventually. Bojack may have been the catalyst but her death really was bound to happen.

I'll talk to you lad

Except she was almost 9 months sober before he invited her for the bender.

That's a long time to risk having an enabler.

She was sober literally so the high would be more intense.

its both user
the AA meeting was to prove he was the worst. Then the funeral happens and everyone thought it'd happen to her anyway

From what I've read here it seems like this show is amazing once you get past the first few episodes.
Problem being I'm on S1E4 and I'm bored to tears. At what point does this pick up? Because I can see every "joke" coming from a mile away and it's really killing whatever enjoyment of the show.

No, it was always avoidable. For the 25 years he knew her, he always did the worst possible thing. It might not have directly been his fault the way things turned out, but if he was a decent person to her for all that time, she might have gotten out okay.

The first half of the season. After that it starts to pick up.
For me, everything after episode 6 is when I started liking it more.

I'm legit scared how S4 will progress/end. That may be the time when Bojack finally (!) gets his shit together. For real, this time. And he'll finally earn the happiness he's been longing for so long.

However, after what transpired the last two episodes of this season, it won't be the same, temporary, fleeting feeling like always. It's gonna be mercilessly TORN away from him.

Brad is already the latest casualty unless he can find another horse for his show, but it doesn't look like he can do much either way except give up on him.

But then there's Charlotte. She already warned Bojack what would happen if she learns he was anywhere near her or her family after the "boat incident". If not from her daughter, then it'll be from Oberlin College's social media trending that Bojack just "happened to pop up" in the same campus as Penny was, all because he was trying to "make amends" (a concept which he clearly failed to understand after his dealing with Herb in S1). She's WILL find out, and she WILL retaliate. Hard.

And whatever she does there is going to hurt/cut him in such a way, 1000x worse than BJ has ever been hurt before in these three seasons, that he's going to wish she killed him as she initially promised.

And Herb will be laughing in his grave all the while.

>I'm legit scared how S4 will progress/end. That may be the time when Bojack finally (!) gets his shit together. For real, this time. And he'll finally earn the happiness he's been longing for so long.
I think that's a definite possibility. But there will be an episode after that. And one more season after that.

>Brad is already the latest casualty unless he can find another horse for his show, but it doesn't look like he can do much either way except give up on him.
Maybe he'll go back to Ethan Around, if just to look out for Chloe to make up for how he neglected and failed Sarah Lynn.

>all because he was trying to "make amends" (a concept which he clearly failed to understand after his dealing with Herb in S1)
I think the way he tried to handle things in the ocean episode prove he's grown since then. If he wasn't drugged and drunk out of his mind I'm sure he'd know how to truly make amends, but he'd probably be unable or unwilling to take the initiative to do so. Because Charlotte was right, he is a coward. But really he should definitely avoid the Carsons.

All fair points.

>I do love you by the way, I mean as much as I'm capable of loving anyone, which is never enough. I'm sorry.

That line was the first time I related to and sympathized with Bojack.

Yeah, but then he proceeds to forget about all that and opts to fuck with people even more, because he had a tough childhood don't ya know?

Best Thing That Ever Happened

Princess Carolyn was a fool for ever loving Bojack, but she's an admirable and lovely fool.

The problem with Bojack is that unlike his idol Secretariat, he has nothing he loves doing. He doesn't like nor is he any good at acting; Herb even said that he was pretty crummy as a performer and the only reason the show kept going was because it was coasting by on an extremely racist title pun.

He has vices, sure, but they only provide extremely fleeting fulfillment.

The only thing he seems to get a big charge of is bullying women who remind him of his mother.

He was actually doing pretty great in the Secretariat movie when he stopped fucking around. But then he left.

Who was teenage horse at the end?

Brand New Couch

Beatrice's speech about how Bojack was born broken and how nothing can make him whole was really unsettling.

Kelsey Jannings' ex-wife.

>You can't keep doing shitty things and then feeling bad about it like that makes it okay!
>You are all the things that are wrong with you. It's not the alcohol, or the drugs, or any of the shitty things that happened to you in your career, or when you were a kid. It's YOU.

this

but the specific scene that got me the most was the brief shot where wanda is crying on the couch in her sister's house and the doorbell rings, she gets excited and rushes to the door, she clearly expects it to be bojack, only to discover its the pizza guy

that hurt

Fuck, man. What else is there to say?

;_;

>mfw that ending

Herb chewing out Bojack was pretty painful.

youtube.com/watch?v=K03Y2FP9qhI

>herb's career ruined by something that just twenty years later nobody will even give a shit about
>bojack abandoned him, damning himself to become the bojack we know on the show

what would've happened if bojack had actually had the balls to stick with him? would bojack be happier if less-successful?

I think Bojack would have found another way to ruin himself. And yeah, he'd be less successful so his life would be even shittier.

Yeah, after season one came out, I told my friend to watch it, and he enjoyed it.
Then when S2 was close to coming out, he wanted us to watch it together. I was baffled. Bojack is definitely not meant to be watched with other people.

i'm not sure. i think his decision to abandon herb was really where he first made a decision to fuck over other people; if he hadn't, i'm not sure he would end up sabotaging himself. and, hell, herb managed to recover and become hugely successful, so maybe bojack could've succeeded with him

That's Too much, Man!

Normally I tell someone to watch a show for 3 episodes and if they don't like it they can drop it. With Bojack you really have to finish all of Season 1 before you can pass judgement, though I recommend seeing it through season 2 because that's when it really finds it's stride. At the very least you need to watch it until Episode 11.

But Bojack is broken. He doesn't think he deserves success, that's why he is constantly self-sabotaging. Even good friends can't help with that. Look at PC, she tried for decades.

Bojack's happiness (or lack of) doesn't depend on his success. That's sort of the point of season 2, he gets everything he always wanted and still isn't happy. If he got nothing he wanted then he still wouldn't be happy but at least he'd have something to blame.

Think of his fantasy with Charlotte in season 1. If Bojack actually had settled down and had a family he'd be fantasizing about being a big rich Hollywood movie star.

i think that the weight of his terrible actions is what really broke bojack in the end. it's like todd said; it wasn't the shitty things that happened to him, it was his own choices. what if he chose differently at that crucial juncture?

>what would've happened if bojack had actually had the balls to stick with him? would bojack be happier if less-successful?

Herb might have been grateful enough to take BoJack along as his (platonic) buddy sidekick during his philanthropy years and doing meaningful (if menial) work helps BoJack grow as a person.

Herb getting cancer puts him back a couple of steps as he'll start bitching about how everything he loves withers away while his mom continues chugging along despite smoking a pack of cigs every other hour.

If he's still better at writing scripts than he is books, Herb might help BoJack try to make an indie version of Secretariat as a "last dance", but they've got to go back to a very different Hollywood to get everything they need together where their names are more or less mud and the people they knew are no longer the people they knew (except Winkler, he's still all right). Kind of like "Breaking Bad" but with a movie and artistic respect instead of drugs and college funds.

Can't remember which episode it was in, but the one where Kelsey explained the age of stagnation made me fucking terrified of relationships.

well, if it's any consolation most of the people here on Sup Forums have stopped growing despite being unable to be in a relationship, also

oh god, it's me. i'm the one who stopped growing at age 14

She's still bitter about her clingy divorcee and how despite them both being women she's got to pay the palimony.

>season 3 ends with aborted suicide attempt
Wait, what? Season 3 ended with Bojack running away from the TV studio.

>what are you thinking about?
>oh, just how nice things could have been if you had chosen this life

Will Ethan Around flop now that Bojack bailed, or will Computer Bojack save the day?

he let go of the steering wheel

he accepted death and the horses saved him

>implying they have even a fraction of the budget for computer bojack

We're you just not paying attention at all to that scene?

It's a lie though. Their life would have been nothing like that. His memory of what she used to be was nothing like she turned out to be.

>he accepted death and the horses saved him

It was more like he got bored with how long it was taking to kill himself and decided to take one last peek at life.

>I want to be an architect.

Alternatively:

>The future is bright. Just look at it.

I hope season 4 brings upon devine retribution towards Diane. She's done some equally horrible things to Bojack (mooching at his house after painting him as a broken asshole and while she knows he still has feelings for her), Mr. Peanutbutter (refusing to admit she finds his lack of intellect deplorable and his selfish, stupid habits destructive to the relationship so much so that she bails and flees for months), screws her own career over out of fear of not being good enough, and then pals around with Bojack and Todd pretending that it's her sick moral duty to ensure that Bojack isn't dead.

Sure she may not be as outwardly destructive as Bojack, but she is just as broken and shitty as him on a very different level. I want to see where they decide her next stepping stone in life is. It seems like she's always crawling out of the end of arguments and conflicts completely unharmed regardless of her actions. I think it's time for her to have to confront that.

She's going to be selling Mr. Peanutbutter's political secrets to Bojack Gawker while he runs for governor. Holy shit S4 is going to be a wreck.

And here I was thinking she wasn't going to reach her full potential as a feminist

I have a suspicion that she's going to wind up running Mr. Peanutbutter's campaign and turn him into basically Al Gore (all for green peace and women's rights) even though he will have no idea what any of it means/ he will run a fucking wild card campaign and Diane will be powerless to stop him. After his campaign falls through, he will have another melt down like in Season 2 and blame Diane for his most recent series of failures (either because she wasn't there or she was being selfish or something.)

Then she will try and run back to Bojack for false reassurance that's she's not as tragically fucked up as she thinks she is, but Bojack will be off in Nevada again doing peyote with wild horses trying to find himself, leaving Diane once again alone and forcing her to deal with her own emotions.

>that end
I hadn't laughed that hard in months