Hobo Odin confirmed. Wasn't there some leak about a homeless Odin on earth spouting about the apocalypse...

Hobo Odin confirmed. Wasn't there some leak about a homeless Odin on earth spouting about the apocalypse? Does anyone remember that?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/thor-ragnarok-devo-mark-mothersbaugh-compose-score/
geek.com/news/exclusive-how-thor-ragnarok-will-handle-odins-disappearance-1644946/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

After all these years I'm still amazed by Anthony Hopkins involvement in the Thor movies.

selling out's a hell of a drug

also, getting the opportunity to say such Shakespearian dialogue as "we are not gods"

Do you think he still puts up a protest until they show him the check or do you think he just asks to see the check when they show up?

Amir Blumenfeld?

I mean, look at the OP pic. He looks like he's having a fucking blast.

Our dear Odin wasn't born a hobo, he was made one through years of systematic abuse.

I think he enjoys it. I mean the money is a factor I'm sure, but he's done enough in his career that I feel like he gets to be in what he wants. I mean he is clearly a great actor who's had amazing roles, and now he wants to do some goofy comic book movies. He hasn't gone full blown Nicholas Cage so nothing to really worry about if you ask me.

I feel like there's three main good things to come from acting in a movie
+ Making that money
+ Having a fun time
+ Being apart of a great piece of art

If you can get two of those three, isn't that a pretty great job?

Maybe he's a fan.

then he would stay far from these abominations

>Hobo Odin
>not Hobodin

He said he enjoyed working with Branagh on the first one immensely and it actually reinvigorated his interest in acting.

Is this the prequel to TR

Unlike the fags from Sup Forums and Sup Forums he probably enjoys the Thor movies and even more getting paid.

He also said Hemsworth is one of the worst actors he's worked with. He's only doing this for the check.

considering he was just phoning it in by his own admission in Thor 1 I doubt

The guy delivers even when he is just phoning it in

I continue to get the powerful sense that Hemsworth can't actually act. Have you ever seen him in the wild? He literally acts like Thor and that big racer guy from Rush in real life, only he has an Australian accent instead of a British one. I think that's just his actual personality and he's just playing himself in all his roles.

So he is just Will smith from Australia

he actually pulled some powerful acting ou of his ass in Star Trek 2009

>he hasen't seen I Am Legend

You mean the movie based on the book that Will Smith ruined by having the ending changed to fit his ego

No, I mean the movie that showed that Will Smith can give a damn good performance if he tries.

Yeah that was Will Smith's best portrayal as Will Smith

Yep. That's hilarious that it's actually turned out to be true. I have the most hope for this that I've had for any of these Thor movies. I could tell Thor 2 was going to be shit by the time I saw the elves with guns in the promos, but this actually has a shot at being good.

I think you might be what up shucking and jiving niggers call a "Player Hater".

From the thumbnail I thought it was Dr Zaius

That was what had me looking forward to seeing him as Thor. Manged to emotionally connect in a CGI-laden mess of a scene and make me give a damn about what I was seeing.

If you'd read the novella you'd know that the rest of it is so different that it didn't matter by that point what the ending consisted of.

I thought I heard the horns sound a few years ago, marking the end of warmth and the beginning of the never ending winter bringing nothing but chaos and death.

I didn't give a solid shit about the other two Thor movies and found them intensely boring. However everytime I hear or see something new about this one it sounds better and better. Apparently we're getting a Dr Strange appearance too

Here are the leaks from some months ago.

Also, Mark Mothersbaugh will do the score for Ragnarok.

thewrap.com/thor-ragnarok-devo-mark-mothersbaugh-compose-score/

No

>>A cameo of Black Knight, hailing from Weird World that has been torn asunder by an angry god seeking the Infinity Stones

"Nah, fuck that." - Hollywood Executives.

>Hey guys, let's just mine Grant Morrison for ideas.

Is this from Seven Soldiers?

There was another ending that tried to paint the monsters as more sympathetic, but if I recall correctly test audiences didn't like it and so we got the other one

Nah, he's just a working-class guy who'll do anything for a paycheck. He's said so himself.

"Powerful being walks the earth as a weak mortal" is kind of an hold trope, m8. It was already something from Odin's mythos, and the Christian God technically did it too. In fiction the oldest example I can recall is Tolkien, the wizards are all angel-like beings that were given human form to learn humility. And even ignoring that Saruman used to travel throughout middle-Earth as a hobo to spy on everything

And funnily enough that one became the universally preferred one when the it was released. Not sure what that focus group was thinking.

I'm convinced they choose the most retarded people for those focus group tests.

Hiddleston said the Loki scene in AoU was cut out because test audiences thought he was the one controlling Ultron. He was supposed to be in Thor's vision of Asgard.

Focus groups don't think, that's the problem. Execs purposefully fill them with bottom of the barrel trash to try ensure mass appeal

I don't think he changed it, I recall it had to do with test audiences not getting/liking it as shitty movie decisions usually do.

hell he's even in the new transformers movies
probably playing merlin or megatron

Why is Marvel obssesed with ESB?

I am confused, I thought Anthony Hopkins absolutely hated being in Thor.

Is he having fun?

That's always been a rumor. Debunked by everyone involved.

He did Red Dragon and Hannibal, so it's hardly surprising that he's willing to deal with bad material

I was kind of hoping he would be an amnesiac doctor in Norway as some way of using the Donald Blake identity.

He actually didn't.

It looks like Thor is holding a cane here.

It's an umbrella.

They literally do. Focus groups are only rarely meant to represent most people. Instead, they're picked to represent the lowest common denominator.

This movie is going to be So much garbage.

Why do people like to make things up on the internet?

The leak.

Thor (Chris Hemsworth) finds out that his brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has usurped the throne of Asgard and has joined forces with Hela (Cate Blanchett), the queen of the underworld, to unleash the Ragnarok upon the Nine Realms. He attempts to stop them, but is defeated by Hela's champion, Skurge (Karl Urban), the Mjolnir is destroyed, and Thor is exiled to a faraway planet ruled by the Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum), where he's enslaved and forced to become a gladiator.

There, Thor runs into the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), who has also been stranded on the planet and hasn't reverted to his human form in months. As a result his mind and Bruce Banner's are merging, affording the Hulk more intelligence. Meanwhile, Heimdall (Idris Elba) is killed by Hela upon learning of his deception.

Thor and Hulk join forces to stop Loki and Hela and escape from the Grandmaster, embarking on a journey across the Nine Realms to retrieve the "ultimate weapon" capable to stopping Loki and Hela. They are aided by Thor's old friend, the Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), a fierce warrior; and Thor's father Odin (Anthony Hopkins), who has had his powers stolen by Loki and been exiled to Earth, where he lives as a vagrant. Loki ultimately lends a hand as well after being betrayed by Hela.

In the end, Thor rallies the fallen warriors of Valhalla, Heimdall among them, to confront Hela and her army of the undead as well as the harbingers of the Ragnarok including Surtur and Fenris. Skurge sacrifices himself to hold off the Armies of Hel, bidding Thor enough time to defeat Hela, while Loki escapes once again after alerting Thor to the looming arrival of Thanos.

I'm guessing the "ultimate weapon" is the soul gem?

Aw

Might as well be a nod either way

Is that Monkey from Journey to the West?

>Not sure what that focus group was thinking.

Focus are group are the normiest of normies, so they like Transformer tier movies

Waititi and Feige may have convinced him to come back.

Only thing I don't like about the leaks is giving the Inhumans to SHIELD and Panther being based off of Huldin instead of Priest.

It's fake.

Your dad yes

Missed a perfectly good Daily Bugle nod

ALready confirmed to be changing Carols origin so this is bs

>Thor and Hulk join forces to stop Loki and Hela and escape from the Grandmaster, embarking on a journey across the Nine Realms to retrieve the "ultimate weapon" capable to stopping Loki and Hela.
Thor and Hulk's Excellent Adventure poster when?

I'm kind of wondering if they're going to go with the Bugle being an online media company now instead of a newspaper proper.

Glad I'm not the only one

>intended to be dark, no human element save banner. This is empire strikes back of marvel U
y'know I think these leaks may not be all that accurate

came here to post this

Don't forget he gets to be in the spotlight of the hottest trend.

After Ragnarok, Thor reborn eventually found the various Asgardians hidden inside human forms. He unlocked them and established New Asgard above a farm he bought in OK.

>that issue where he bitchslapped Tony for the Civil War crap while Sandy destroyed New Orleans

>He unlocked them and established New Asgard above a farm he bought in OK.
I do not why but that sounds funny as hell. Too bad Bendis happened.

O...oh... Hulk just... shows up.

guuuud

They better explain that shit. You can't leave Earth in a fucking quinjet.

>A 5 minute cameo is considered "good acting"
>lemme get Leto on the line and tell him the good news

>85702108

>Hey, look! I hate classic movies and iconic performances! I'm not like everyone else, I'm different! GIVE ME ATTENTION!

You don't even deserve your (You).

Same game brosef

>the Christian God technically did it too
What if God was one of us, just a slob like one of us?

You do know that for his first 20 years, Thor also had a human persona, right?

I'll forgive you for not knowing about 90s Journey into Mystery, where the Norse gods got incarnated in human form en masse, but god you Morrisonfags sure do love to attribute every damn idea to him, don't you?

It was one of the better Thor series to come out.

How do you sharts manage big studios filming in busy areas? I live in a rural area and take the bus into work and the entire service was cancelled today thanks to them filming this movie.

Not that guy, but that's the most cowardly way to call someone out. I wonder if people feel smart for doing it or something.

We have designated filming streets.

Ragnarok isn't about apocalypse nor armagedon, those are stupid christian beliefs.

*tips fedora*

This was 7 months ago.

geek.com/news/exclusive-how-thor-ragnarok-will-handle-odins-disappearance-1644946/

>It’s near impossible to kill Odin, and the best time to try is while he’s in his Odinsleep (a sort of meditation used to recharge the Odinforce, a powerful magic possessed by the ruler of Asgard). When Loki replaced him, Odin wasn’t in his magical slumber. As much as Loki might want to kill Odin, he didn’t — or, at least, can’t — just yet. Whatever did happen, Odin has fled Asgard for Midgard, where he wanders the Earth as one of those crazy-looking “the end is nigh” street-corner hobos, warning of the impending apocalypse (American for Ragnarok).

He is an old actor and a really good one.

He knows he can have some fun and have a nice paycheck

Maybe now we'll get to see Anthony Hopkins act. The last movie his character was asleep most of the time.

Looking forwards to it, the Thor movies are kind of guilty pleasures.

Why do they keep making Thor movies?

I remember when this rumor came up and it was false back then, still false today.

Well, Hemsworth sucks.

What? That wasn't powerful acting.

they make good money, especially in merchandising

they dont cost TOO much and allways do well enough