EU divided over Western Balkan enlargement

EU foreign ministers disagreed over the integration of the Western Balkan on Thursday after the commission had suggested last week that Serbia and Montenegro join the bloc by 2025. The commission warned that border issues need to be resolved before the countries could join. But the institution is determined to pull the region closer to the EU's orbit with fears over increasing Russian, Turkish and Chinese influence.

The front runners according to commission's assessment are Serbia and Montenegro, while Albania, Bosnia, Kosovo and Macedonia could join later.

Hungary's foreign minister said he was "very much disappointed" by the 2025 target, which he called "very late", arguing that Serbia and Montenegro should be admitted by 2022.

"It is obvious the US has a Western Balkans strategy, Russia has a Western Balkans strategy, Turkey has a Western Balkans strategy; it is only the European Union that is extremely slow," Szijjarto said.

EU members Slovenia and Croatia have been struggling to sort out a long-standing border dispute, while Belgrade - and five EU countries - do not recognise the independence of Kosovo, which broke away from Serbia in 2008 after a scarring war. EU member Greece has repeatedly clashed with Macedonia over the name of the Western Balkan country.

Austria's foreign minister also spoke in favour of a swift integration of the region.

"There is always this question of who comes first to Belgrade: China or the European Union. And in those situations, we need to counteract because it is our neighbourhood and the European Union invests and is engaged but everything still needs to be clearer" Karin Kneissl told reporters.

Slovenian foreign minister Karl Erjavec said, however, that even 2025 was "not realistic".

"I think that it is not possible to expect this condition in 2025, and this can be a big problem for EU enlargement and the Western Balkans" he added.

Germany and France, the two heavy-weights in the EU, are also reluctant.

EU is falling apart.

Good

But isn't that a bad thing for smaller countries like yours and mine?

Yeah, stay an american satellite and literal cocksleeve. Nothing wrong with that.

And if one day you're tired, you can become Russian onahole, or if you're lucky, China's personal condom.

The only thing that needs to survive is the free trade and movement. The rest of it should be torn down.

Why Slovenia fuck Serbia?

this
fuck the EU, they are american puppets anyway

Serbia can’t be part of EU because of its good relations to Russia. They have to renounce all positive relations and act according to NATO policy, since EU and NATO are heavily intertwined.

I think that will never happen and this is why Serbia will never be in the EU.

That’s my opinion without any pros or cons.

It's you're only shot at leaving there sphere of influence and having at least a little say in your country policy in a globalized world.

Aren't Serbs the biggest hypocrites?
On one hand they are bros with Russia on the other they are part of the EU expansion program.

I'd rather have Americans over Germans and French

EU Serbia would screw up Slovenian economy. Serbian wages are really low. Slovenia must already compete with Croatia for trade with Italy and Germany, and EU companies may use Serbia for dumping wages like they do in Romania, Poland, etc.

the only one that could join realistically in a near future is Montenegro

>with fears over increasing Russian, Turkish and Chinese influence.
>the EU is so weak even fucking Turkey is a threat
Just end it all.

>I think that will never happen
It will happen though.
All those good relations with Russia don't bring money.

plus all of our cheap workforce is serbs and bosnians, if they were in the eu im guessing they would just go work in northwestern europe instead

Of course we're reluctant.
We already have to deal with shit ass countries like Bulgaria or Romania and we have to pay the debt of Greece.
Europe should have remained Western Europe and some selected Central European states and that's it.

The Servs sent Europe to hell once before so let us not underestimate them.

this, also kick out all the gypsies and weaken the Euro, we need a stronger dollar

They also gave you a Eurobasket victory.

t. has more arabs and africans than the combined total population of bulgaria and greece

I agree. We will enslave all of Europe as it once were. Jesus WAS Serbian and Latin and Serbian were the only languages spoken in Europe.

EU Serbia is a way to neuter her. Serbia joining the EU would mean Kosovo being torn off her for good.

Would you be so kind as to remove this post?

let us have our own colonies western bastards reeeeeeeeeeee

Neva forget Jean Achmed. Greece paid for your corrupt and failed banks.

t.

From a boarder autism perspective, Bosnia should be entered before Serbia.