Can a Deutschfag teach me the difference between ein / einer - dein / deiner?

Can a Deutschfag teach me the difference between ein / einer - dein / deiner?

Other urls found in this thread:

deutsch.lingolia.com/en/grammar/nouns-and-articles/articles-noun-markers
deutsch.lingolia.com/en/grammar/pronouns/possessive-pronouns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ich ficke deine Mutter

Du können haben sie, schwüle

I don't know the German word for hag, so I'll have to say this in English, if you fucked that hag it's an insult to yourself and nobody else.

Grammatical gender.

Elaborate

Sup Forums erwache aus deinem bösen Traum! Gib fremden Scheißposters in deinem Reich nicht Raum!

You might want to get a book on German grammar. German nouns fall into 3 noun classes, also called grammatical genders. There is masculine, feminine and neuter. The concept of grammatical gender is not necessarily congruent with the RL concept of gender. For example a table is masculine and the word for girl is neuter, since it's a diminutive and all diminutives are neuter in German.

Articles and possessive pronouns have to agree with the gender of the respective noun and thus get inflected depending on it.

deutsch.lingolia.com/en/grammar/nouns-and-articles/articles-noun-markers

deutsch.lingolia.com/en/grammar/pronouns/possessive-pronouns

These are archaic features which English lost during creolization processes with (Norman) French and Nordic languages but English still uses a poetic gender. For example ships and countries get often referred to feminine. Also personal pronouns still are gendered in English.

Yeah yeah I get the genders of individual words, but why would a feminine word like Stadt be einer instead of just eine?

Genders in general are completely arbitrary(there are some suffixes that clearly indicate a certain gender and others that only give a hint, like the diminutive sufffi) and have to be treated as an inherent component of the vocabulary you are learning, i. e. always study nouns with their corretly gendered articles.

But there is another layer of inflection, so-called cases. Cases signal the function of a nominal group or pronouns within a sentence in languages that have a freer word order, languages that indicate the function of a certain nominal group not necessarily by word order.

There are four cases in German. The nominative(subject case), the genitive(possessive case) , the dative(indirect object case) and the accusative(direct object case).

The inflections of articles of certain gender in a certain case overlap with other genders in different cases, so there is some ambiguity. That's why it's important to know the right gender of words in order to understand a German sentence.

Dein Deutsch ist Scheiße

I-I just want to listen to Neu Deutsch Härte and fuck deutsche Frauen, we never learned shit about possessive or dative or whatever in school, mate.

Though, due to the aforementioned ambiguity within the defective German cases system, German is a hybrid that uses word order and inflection to indicate the function of pronouns and nominal groups within a sentence. You might not notice it but English is a language that works by word order only and thus possesses a very rigid word ordern pattern. Languages with more cases like Russian on the other hand let you virtually move all words around the sentence with only changing the meaning in a minor way(just stress) or even not at all.

You better get started learning some inflection tables and get a good grammar book because these are elemental features of the German language.

What the fuck is inflection? Cos in English it's the way you pronounce something

This. Learn it faggot.

>Turk speaks better English than an A*stralian
Truly these are the end times.

Fight me, cunt, I'll shove my cock up your arse so hard you cum and scream sorry.

Why are all Australians poofters?

That's intonation. Inflection is a change in a word that stores some information within it that goes beyond its plain meaning.

For example in English you see.

She beat him.

'Him' is the inflected version of 'he' (object case) which indicates that this is the object while 'She' is in the subject case.

You could theoretically move these pronouns around 'Him beat she' and the information would not be lost. This is how it works in German but not only with prouns but also nominal groups

If you do the same with names, that are not inflected in English.

Harry beat Sally. - > Sally beat Harry

Then the meaning is changed because the information of who performs the action and who is acted upon is stored within the word order.

In languages like Russian you could flip the sentence around and retain its original meaning since this language inflects names as well.

Inflection in nouns are also called declinsion and inflection in verbs are also called conjugation.

Cheers cunt.

You are welcome, now buy a grammar book on Amazon.

Are you a teacher, user?

No, we literally learn this shit in the third grade.

Any one in particular that's well regarded?

in third grade

I don't buy my German grammar books in English so you are better off asking other students instead of natives.