Yes yes... well done Tolkien... well done Tolkien

yes yes... well done Tolkien... well done Tolkien...

HOWEVER

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/crusader-kings-2-a-game-of-thrones-ck2agot
youtu.be/QmKhGqWcJGY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*dodges the draft*

How the fuck does he do it, lads?

*buuuurp* gods not real tyrion

What about Sauron's tax policy?

>file...you fools

Baby orcs? What about the baby orcs?

Orc Lives Matter #OLM

TAX

GRRM is so far ahead of Tolkien its not even funny. His characters are so much more iconic and memorable than the bland ones in lord of the rings. Think of Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime Lannister - household names, they all have real in depth character development and the audience feels attached to them. This is no contest against fucking Aragorn and Frodo, and the entire plot of Lord of the Rings is so convoluted and confused that it's not even worth talking about. Whereas GRRM's plot, full of twists and turns, is compelling and engaging. He portrays war so much more realistically, and his story is gritty, human, real, and authentic. He actually draws from real history, and unlike Tolkien doesn't rely on meme languages and """lore""" to make his work great. His work is already great because it stands on its own merits, and his is the story of our generation. It is for this reason that Game of Thrones is the current pinnacle of television, and why ASOIAF is so iconic and beloved, and why its legacy will far outlast Tolkien's.
He isn't the American Tolkien because he is far beyond that level.

>taxposting was so great it burned out almost immediately

Why would you fight in Vietnam

>mfw book Dany just dies from diarrhea and leaves all that fucking mess in Mereen to someone else

Yeah, but what about planetos' linguistics?

saved

this except unironically

>Food is such a central element in the Ice and Fire series that some critics have accused Martin of "gratuitous feasting".[66] By fans' count, the first four novels name more than 160 dishes,

What the fuck. 160 dishes? I

Christopher Tolkien : "Leave GRRM to me."

Careful guys, your insecurities are showing. Reading isn't for everyone.

the fat guy sure knows his food m8

How can there just be entire pages devoted to food? Who the fuck is going to read that?

To kill commie gooks?

>I've met people irl who say this without sarcasm to my face

for the ten dollar sucky suckys

Imagine Tolkien didn't finish Return of the King and Peter Jackson had to write the final movie on his own.

That's pretty normal in fantasy. In fact, a lot of non-serious young-audience directed books spend a lot of time on food. Redwall and Hunger Games come to immediately to mind

Tolkien is to creative literary genius what Martin is to hack pulp idiocy. They both so far surpass anyone else in their field that they will be remembered 1,000 years from now as a kind of yin and yang of fantasy, a Manichean duality of speculative letters. For every sublime, luminous beauty that Tolkien has gifted the world, Martin has cursed us with a tedious, banal ugliness. It is unfair to compare the two directly on any one point, because Martin is in every way the anti-Tolkien, patently sterile, parasitical, and inferior, but so much so that he becomes a monument in his own right, and counterbalances Tolkien. Could one exist without the other? Tolkien obviously could. But it is only by the contrast that Martin offers that we can truly appreciate the full depths and heights of Tolkien. Our understanding of Tolkien would be incomplete if Martin had never set pen to page. It is through only the abject failure and futility of Martin that we can approach an apprehension of the true scope and scale of Tolkien's hitherto inconceivable greatness. Perhaps this is what Tolkien had in mind when he wrote about the Music of the Ainur. If Tolkien is a subcreator in the image of Eru, truly Martin is like unto Melkor. It is only reflected in the awfulness of the one that we can fully see the goodness of the other.

>Dude good guys fight bad guys and then good guys win lmao xDDdd. friendship ftw :^)

>Complex and charismaticly written human characters each with their flaws and virtues communicate and fight with each other with magic sprinkled all around

Gee I don't know what's better.

>waah industry is bad
BRAVO TOLKIEN

Just how messy would it be?

k

First one unironically

More fun

most "nerds", who are the main target of fantasy novels are fat and love to eat

>a shitty tv show
>better than Lord of the Rings

yeah no.

>George RR Martin is a beta cu-

Scouring of the Shire was a mistake.

what game is this? looks fun

>waah war is bad
>except when it's cool xD

DRILL THE OIL

looks like a mod for ck2

>war
>cool
looks like you need some reading comprehension kiddo

Crusader Kings II
moddb.com/mods/crusader-kings-2-a-game-of-thrones-ck2agot
I've managed to overthrow the rulers of the Vale by starting out as a minor inbreeding family of Tolkien.

>"if you’re going to write about war, and you just want to include all the cool battles and heroes killing a lot of orcs and things like that and you don’t portray [sexual violence], then there’s something fundamentally dishonest about that."

>“By 1918 all but one of my close friends were dead”.

>a large cast of characters develop in an extremely well built world to enact the classic albeit simple good vs evil battle, using beautiful and aesthetically pleasing visuals and language

>hahaha lets have SEx :DDD lets kill everybody and be cynical, dude nietzche lmao also lets make it so no one is likable so you don't care for anyone :DDDD also STRONK WOMYN and le funny dwarf man, am i progressive enough yet?

Imagine if George was like 40 years younger and didn't look like a fat hobo.
He'd get so much pussy.

It's not

A flame that burns twice as bright only lasts half as long.
Baneposting is the only exception.

>no one is likable
wew imagine having to need cookie cutter heroes to root for to sympathise with characters and enjoy a story

does he even talk about tax policy in his books or is it just a bunch of handwaving

>age
>looks
>mattering to a man with money and fame
You have a long way to go.

he only brings it up when it comes to hookers

>started as a king and the bloodline still perished after 4 generations

>CK2
>doing anything of note takes multiple years
>entirety of ASOIAF from books 1-5 is like 3-4 years
>any good size war in CK2 takes 15 years

mod is shit, i think it overestimates the size of Westeros

youtu.be/QmKhGqWcJGY

Absolutely based

ASOIAF>LOTR

it's still better than all the other GoT games.
a poor nigger can't be picky.

He doesn't have the stamina to use the pussy he's given in his state.
As a younger man who wasn't fat he would.

saved

Actually, yeah, LOTR characters aren't very compelling.

Sam and Gollum have some depth to them, though.

Book Jon Snow has more depth than the entire cast of LOTR combined. Nice copy pasta but it's kind of true.

and he's not even close to the best character grrm's written
that said, arya was still a mistake.

The way GRRM does it, war doesn't look cool at all, unless you are standing far away or hearing about it without actually having been there.

If one guy doesn't die shitting his guts out, it isn't realistic. It happened all the way to WWI.

>bland protagonist-man
>depth

>makes a living writing glorified fanfiction
>models the presentation of his fucking name after the guy whose works he's fanfic-ing
>still bitches about fanfiction writers

What did he mean by this?

Me in the back.

>book Jon Snow
>bland

Yeah, he is bland compared to the rest of ASOIAF characters, but to LOTR? Not even close.

You're David Benioff? Can I get your autograph in crayola?

The AGOT mod for CK2 is probably the best mod for that game.

It obviously has limits given the base game's limitations (no naval combat really kills playing as the Ironborn or the Free Cities) but they've put a lot of effort into it and not just made it some reskin of medieval Europe with a new map.

Yeah, but it doesn't really make sense. Even if you were to set aside HALF of all your crops, how would that last you a several-years-long winter? Do they just sell STDs to buy foreign food?

I'm not even a GRRM fan, but Tolkien fanboys need to tone down their bullshit

he's not even that different between the book and the show so i don't know why you are specifying the book one.
he's so fucking generic you probably can't name any characteristics he has that aren't cliche protagonist characteristics like "brave" and "angsty"

not its not. that would be ck2+ or HIP. AGOT takes out half the content from the base game but those other mods just add on to it.

He's being a retard, but tolkien can't write characters

if you analyse deep enough there's probably a fair few things that won't make such in reality, but at the surface level this is mostly fine
>winters usually only last for a couple of years max, summers are longer
>castles are all ridiculously huge, extra storage
>winter typically only means zero food production for the north, where old people will typically walk off and die in the middle of the night just to save some food for their families

this. in 50 years nobody will remember tolkien or his shitty little books, but 500 years from now GRRM will still be considered a classic

do you have any proof to back that up?

yeah, the whole LOTR trilogy

I completely agree, I'd rather read GRRM books than reading racist tolkien shit, hes an old white dinosaur and GRRM makes woman the true power love him. :)

so you can't actually name anything specific? you probably haven't even read the books and just spout shit to defend daddy gurm.

Tolkien utilizes classic archetypes for his characters. That is why most think they can be one dimensional and shallow. I still subscribe to the idea that Tolkien wrote LOTR as a type of myth or legend and it should be read and viewed that way as opposed to a regular novel.

in 500 years GRRM still wouldn't have finished his books

Tolkien rn :
>Reeeee fucking normies

No
but preston will have

>top 10 school shootings we could have prevented

I have to admit, that does sound based.

Spoken like someone who has never read the books and just read the cliffs from some website. He is extremely different from the show. He is rash, incompetent as a commander, a person trying to do good but ignoring his duties, a breaker of vows, a loner, an extreme bully when things don't go his way, etc...

Tell me the various qualities of Aragorn, for example without resorting to him being good. Actually, tell me the various qualities of any character iN LOTR besides resorting to good or evil.

Yeah... ''I AM NO MAN!''. Fuck off, every single female character in GRRM's books is portrayed like a retard - from Cersei and her psychotic episodes and the fact that she thinks she is so smart but is actually extremely stupid to Catelyn Stark who basically caused the fall of the Stark dynasty... Yeah, women power... Stop getting your info from D&D.

Boromir, and that is it.

I don't want to shit on LOTR, but GRRM made him absolute.

only happens because the white dads are often autistic betas themselves
evidently not the case with /ourguy/

here is your (You)

>a-at least the books are good though
"No!"

Saved to be reposted every day without exception.

Funny thing is is that I've never watched GoT

>to Catelyn Stark who basically caused the fall of the Stark dynasty
NO
BULLY

dude looks like he will shoot up the post office at any second.

They're thousand times better than LOTR. Just because Tolkien's books were the original doesn't mean they are the best. That's something Tolkien cucks have a hard time comprehending

tolkien didn't even have real characters, only archetypes

martin can actually write wholesome people

you must be baiting. asoiaf is little more than pulpy trash filled with purple prose to pad it out to a ridiculous length. it's stuffed to the brim with plots that go nowhere, cliches, terrible writing and inconsistent characters. it will never be considered art.

Have you met ppl who say the Navy seal pasta?
What about that gross brap one from fit?