Read about Korgoth of Barbaria

>Read about Korgoth of Barbaria
>People go on and on about how "it's a shame it was never picked up"
>Finally decide to check it out
>mfw it's another lame "SERIOUS BUT TOTALLY NOT LE SERIOUS BECAUSE IT'S LE FUNNY" shitshow like Archer or Venture Bros or Rick & Morty

Is this honestly the best American animation can produce? Poop jokes and violence?

I'm glad this shit was never picked up, it's already bad enough dealing with fans of those aforementioned cancertoons, but this would have just been another annoying notch in Adult Swim's subpar offerings. This is the kind of joke I'd expect if the show had been picked up:

>>Korgoth has violent diarrhea, so he uses a giant monsters head as a toilet like he's Duke Nukem LMAO

Is this truly worth lamenting over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k-J3nJerAyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jM84DHxGyB0
youtube.com/watch?v=cU7bD1O1Quc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here, wash the taste out:
youtube.com/watch?v=k-J3nJerAyQ

literally what
Korgoth is about as serious as Super jail

>Finally decide to check it out
thats your problem there, man, you had to have watched it when it first aired.

>dissing Venture Bros.

Kill yourself.

>Serious.
Are... are you retarded? It was a complete parody of Sword and Sorcery. If you think "ripping someone's skin off, dousing them in alcohol, and then lighting them on fire", which is perhaps the most hilariously horrifying and painful thing I have ever seen, is "serious", you, sir, are retarded. Also, a chewing gum monster, a man-eating tree, a stupid token hot chick who has the personality of a used dildo, Specules the Wizard being on "vacation", and Gog-magog only wanting the Golden Goblin so he could pay his rent.

I didn't particularly care for it and never got why so many people loved it but it is nowhere near being similar to those two

Judging from the other examples I think they mean serious environment (Archer is an office filled with spy stuff) but then are the characters are complete morons getting into different situations. I guess anything that isn't a normal sitcom setting counts as serious to them.

>Is this honestly the best American animation can produce? Poop jokes and violence?
But Americans *love* poop jokes and violence. It's all they put in their comedies these days other than dudeweedlmao and the occasional jew being self-referential.
The perfect joke to an American would be a fat man farting for half an hour, finally pooping his intestines out and going "oy vey this is like a second holocaust" before taking a massive toke on a spliff and giggling like a moron.

I'd watch it.

Didn't Family Guy do this already?

Another thread made by some butthurt foreigner who feels smart just because he doesn't like poop and violence like if this was an incredible thing.

What's the point of making everytimes some kind of "marxist déconstruction" about literally any American show in a tryhard attempt to prove this is not funny? Are you aware that we can do the same thing with other form of humor? Especially the "smart humor" ??? You want every adults show looks like Zombie Simpsons with unfunny jokes and references understandable only by hipsters and liberal college students ????

JUST

I watched Korgoth's pilot back when it came out and have seen it once or twice since then. I do enjoy it, but don't understand why people think it's worth constantly lamenting its passing a whole decade later when all we have is that one episode. One decent episode tells you absolutely nothing about how good the show as a whole would have been. It could have easily turned out to be utter shit.

I disagree, Korgoth himself plays the straight man in this series, he's more or less trying to get through the series. He's not really the same as Archer, who himself is an outlandish/funny character.

>FUCK

Have you watched cartoons in general? We take what we can get.

>"SERIOUS BUT TOTALLY NOT LE SERIOUS BECAUSE IT'S LE FUNNY" shitshow like Archer or Venture Bros or Rick & Morty
wat
its not serious in the least bit
its just some guy's DnD adventure

And you know what?

I actually laughed at this

probably because were part of an older generation who grew up on Heavy metal magazine and Dnd. Hell half of my campaigns got this ridiculous. I guess were sad to not have more of the same magic we use to have.

Isn't that every Seth Rogen flick already?

>"SERIOUS BUT TOTALLY NOT LE SERIOUS BECAUSE IT'S LE FUNNY"

>LE MEME meme x2

I hope you die of mememyxomatosis.

this.

as an adult parody of the genre it was pretty good

GO BACK TO Sup Forums

you fight chewing gum monsters and ride giant pigeons?
I mean I don't play a lot of DnD but I might pick it up

Sup Forums please fuck off forever.

I play alot of role playing game, me and my friends even made our own system based on savage worlds. Shit gets weird, one made a character called gold guy, based on a tron design where, h e only talked in guitar riffs and was made of light. Shit gets weird. But maybe that's what makes the best games, when the dm lets fun and imagination into the story. pic related was my character design.

I think it's mostly that around the time that this dropped, [as] was building more live action stuff. So seeing this not get the ok meant we all saw more Tim & Eric coming.

for lack of a better word
thats rad as fuck

If I met this OP in person I would violently beat the shit out of him.

What a stupid fucking moron, totally delusional, and completely fucking disconnected from what the show was about or is about.

It fucking scares me people that are this detached and this fucking delusional walk this earth, and paint their delusionally arrived at opinions with such a final judgment.

> underage detected

You realize how old this show is?

We got a show about a dog that kills people instead, and all you cunts hate the shit out of it.

What type of gore-shows do you want?

at the time, when the Korgoth pilot premiered, Metalocalypse, Superjail and other hyper-violent cartoons weren't a thing yet. It was something new and interesting at the time.

The campaign was about us being space wizards fighting off gods that got high off abstract concepts and metaphysical cocaine and they were just fucking up cosmic arcades.

I'm sorry not every show can be a Calarts biggest for you where at least one male character cries every episode.

Korgoth had really solid animation, and took D&D tropes and crossed them with Conan.

You're a faggot and I wish you were dead.

>"I've dated uglier chicks than you for breakfast."
Easily my favorite line in pretty much anything.

I would play dnd again if I could find people like this to play with

>The perfect joke to an American would be a fat man farting for half an hour, finally pooping his intestines out and going "oy vey this is like a second holocaust" before taking a massive toke on a spliff and giggling like a moron.
kek
would watch

Anything vaguely related to conan is ok in my book.

>You're a faggot and I wish you were dead.

Whoa whoa whoa

I thought this was Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

Sup Forums hasn't been love in years.

fucking love tigtone

Someone's never read Robert E. Howard

Yeah, the writers of this show HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have. I can't recall there being a joke about shitting down someone's neck ever being in there.

The super science space elephant was fucking awesome though.

>a fucking barbarian of all people acting crude and vulgar

What an absolute shock!

So pretty much this stretched out for another 28 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=jM84DHxGyB0

>shitshow like Archer
>or Venture Bros
>or Rick & Morty

Three completely different shows with completely different tones that share absolutely nothing in common?

If you're stupid enough to think that Archer, Venture Bros and Ricky & Morty are anything alike you need to do me a favor and drink a tall glass of bleach because you are a failure at life.

If you've got the right DM, you do.

>Is this honestly the best American animation can produce?
Of course not but you have to think back to 2006. Shit was a fucking wasteland and Korgoth looked really promising.

Adult Swim would have done it but they were producing everything else and Venture Brothers and Boondocks. They didn't want take the risk and chickened the fuck out.

Speaking of farts...
youtube.com/watch?v=cU7bD1O1Quc

>you fight chewing gum monsters and ride giant pigeons?
And more! Come to think of it, creating scenarios where your players could fight chewing gum monsters and ride giant pigeons is quite easy for a DM to set up in D&D. It's adventures higher on intrigue and non adventure/combat scenarios where the system breaks down a bit.

if it isn't worth lamenting over, then wouldnt it not be worth a thread about it?

why do you discuss things you hate?

Because Swords and Sorcery has fallen out of style with the progressively conservative and anti-fantasy world we live in.

Look at all our shows and our media, Look at fantasy. it's dead.

So Swords and Sorcery even more so. Ironically, DnD helped kill it.

FLAIL SNAIL

>hey dude thats not right
>that last part

oh shit we've been got boys

I don't know what OP is going on about but yeah, the pilot didn't do much for me and I've always been a bit perplexed as to why everyone makes such a big deal about it never getting picked up