ITT: Post Sup Forums related cringe/autism

>Hard Mode
>No Chris-Chan
>No Dobson
>Nothing with Sonic
>Nothing with MLP
>Nothing with Steven Universe

This was incredibly painful to read.
Posting the souce since this is gonna take some time to dump.

While it does say Rich there, Rich only published this, he didn't write this.

>Zoraida Merlo writes,

>Before I begin with this post, I need to state that I have nothing but respect and praise for Phil Jimenez as a writer, for his previous work with Wonder Woman and other DCU characters. The following post is simply an opinion from a Lois Lane fan that recently bought Superwoman issue # 1.

>Imagine the following scenario: You’ve been planning for 5 years your dream trip to Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando. You saved money for the trip, and you go to the travel agency to buy a full Walt Disney World Resort package and pay for it with a set date. When the day of your vacation arrives, you receive the airplane tickets and notice that something is wrong with the destination: instead of saying Orlando Fl., it says Los Angeles CA. You immediately call your travel agency but instead of trying to solve the issue, they start giving you excuses, they say not to worry that if you want to go to Orlando instead of California there is a big offer for next month or maybe you can get another package for the upcoming months. Despite the fact that both parks belong to same Disney brand, the LA one is smaller than the one in Orlando, both are in different states of US, Orlando has more parks and attractions for visitors such as the Cinderella’s castle where guests actually could stay, whereas LA has the Sleeping Beauty Castle. Making visitor’s experience differently in each park. Imagine your frustration and anger when the vacation you’ve been planning for years, saved money to afford, requested time off from work, only to find out your dream trip was botched by the travel agency. How could anyone not be angry and hurt with such scenario?

Other urls found in this thread:

sarahzero.com/sz_intro.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>More or less this is what happened with this first issue. Instead of going to Walt Disney World Resort we went to Disneyland. We didn’t stay in Cinderella’s Castle but Sleeping Beauty. Instead of reading a story about LOIS we got Lana’s.

>We have been waiting for a Lois solo book for YEARS, after all the things the New 52 did to her character, starting with the blatant sidelining from every Super book, her replacement in Superman`s life by Wonder Woman to the infuriating bad stories like Doomed, Truth, Horrirville, Savage Dawn, Final Days. We hoped DC Comics had finally learned their lesson with Lois (a character undoubtedly maligned to make room for the SMWW failure), and given her the chance to star in her own book. Bleeding Cool was the first to break the news on the existence of this book (links here and here). All the information centered on this being a LOIS LANE solo book. The only question that initially remained was which one of the 2 Loises currently walking around in Rebirth would be fronting the book? With more information coming from different sites we had no doubt this book would be starring Lois Lane as marketed by DC COMICS. The OFFICIAL description in the solicits and in Comixology specified Lois as the book’s protagonist. So what exactly went wrong?

>As I’ve stated at the beginning of this article, the art and narrative are safe and sound, the story is written well enough. The issue begins with a narration by LANA LANG, which is already continuing the problematic trend of marginalizing Lois in favor of characters that are safer for men to work with. The idea of getting Lois’ story from the point of view of another female character as Lana could’ve worked under better circumstances. Specifically, circumstances, which didn’t actually pit Lois and Lana against each other in ways validating misogyny. For example, Lana is often presented as a ‘safer’ alternative to Lois as she is often characterized as a ‘sweeter’ homemaker type than Lois. Ms. Lane is portrayed more assertive and career-oriented. Lana and Lois aren’t shown as different women wanting different things in life, but often presented as a choice between the rich flavor of steak or the more bland taste of pork.

>Instead of exploring Lois’s journey into becoming Superwoman or even one where Lana tells the reader Lois’ story through her eyes we get a story about LANA LANG becoming THE Superwoman of this issue from Lang’s point of view.

>This story was not Lois becoming the hero we all know she is with or without powers. Even when she gets to use a nice suit for a while, the story still unwittingly uses Lois as a plot device to progress Lana’s story as Superwoman. Thus leaving us with yet another spin on the women in refrigerators’ trope – a trope Lois is increasingly and alarmingly becoming the queen of.

>fat shit virtue signals
water is wet

>The bait and switch once again is used at the expense of Lois Lane, a character who has suffered enough damage especially through New 52 and has been suffering from decades of sexism since her first appearance in Action Comics in 1938. Not only is Lois once again sidelined to make room for another character in her OWN book but surprise! Her death was still used for shock value, even if the writer has hinted she is not dead. This kind of cliffhanger is not even shocking anymore. The only shocking thing is that writers, even if they are under an editorial`s mandate think that fridging Lois is something remotely worthy for shock value. How many times has that stunt been used through years on Lois? Kingdom Come, Infinite Crisis, DCU Online Legends, Injustice God Among Us, Earth-2, Flashpoint, as few examples.

>Writer after writer, with few exceptions, have spit on Lois and her importance in the Superman`s myth. Many of recent stories in the New 52 have contributed to inflict damage to her as a character and added more criticism from a sexist point of view. As an example, the Truth’s arc complete presentation and Marketing showed Lois as Superman’s betrayer. She was portrayed as outing her friend’s secret identity to the world with initially no apparent reason. As the story progressed, we found out Lois did reveal who Superman was, but only because Clark’s life was at stake, as it was revealed later on the story. Superman later acknowledged Lois did the right thing. We were told what she did but none of the books working on this crossover showed the reader her motivations let alone her feelings.

>Yet in the Superwoman issue, we found references to that story in a way that presented Lois at fault for saving Clark. This gave Lana justification for the way she feels about Lois and her actions through that arc. Instead of having both perspectives about what happened during that time, readers were misled to believe Lois did wrong helping Clark, giving Lana the upper hand in the story.

>Having Lana as the only one mourning Clark, the one with anxiety issues because she has lost loved ones, only helps Lana’s progression in the story. Ironically, Lana has been given the same backstory as Lois. Both currently share military families and have confronted the death of loved ones. Yet the writer fails to make them bond through this shared experience. In a missed opportunity panel when Lana was going through her family pictures she told Lois about her brother, who used to be military. In that moment Lois could have talked about her father’s career and how her mother’s death via cancer affected both herself and her sister. Instead, we had Lois stand there and watch Lana reviving her pain and losses.

If you guys are wondering why I'm also posting images, it makes it so it allows you to ignore the timer inbetween posting

This is indeed pretty cringe worthy.

>Clark was not only Lana’s dearest friend, he was also Lois’s best friend who died in front of her eyes. Lois should be mourning him too. Why not talk about it with Lana making them realize they have more in common than what they thought? Lois is not new to losing people she loves. Again, her mother died. Her former boyfriend John Corben (aka Metallo), in the New 52 also died sacrificing himself to protect Lois and Superman. But we couldn’t have that because Lois’ POV was never written in this story, it is all about Lana’s suffering.

>It is also Lana’s relatives such as her boyfriend, Steel’s niece, Natasha, her boss at the Daily Star and her coworkers who are being established as supportive characters in a book that was marketed as Lois’s book. Where are Lucy, Jimmy, Cat, Steve, Perry in this? None of Lois’s friends or family were mentioned here. NONE.

>Upcoming solicits aren’t looking any promising either, at least not for Lois.
The story established LANA as THE Superwoman. This is not okay, it is not a nice thing to do. This issue is mean, cruel and infuriating. Not only to Lois but to her fans who have suffered through 5 years of hurtful narratives actively marginalizing and disrespecting the character.

And we just got to the half of it.

>character seems to die
>on a cliffhanger
>in the first issue

these people not only don't get comics, but episodic storytelling as a whole

>Who thought this premise would be appealing to Lois fans? I don’t remember anyone asking for a Lana Lang book. Speaking for myself personally, I have no investment in a character like Lana, who has never been written with consistency, and who has primarily existed to fulfill the ideal of a “safe” woman. Lana was created for a male readership. That is narrowing the target audience once again.

>I recommend everyone to read this insightful piece about the characterization of Lana and Lois through the years.

>As I’ve explained before, Lana was commonly used to be pitted against Lois, while the latter was presented as more independent and career oriented, Lana was the stay at home farm girl who writers usually portrayed as the sweet girl next door and with whom they feel more comfortable working with because she never presented a challenge as a character. Thanks to Greg Pak, who gave Lana a career as an Electrical Engineer at the beginning of his run in Action Comics in the New 52, helping her to have a more prominent role than the one she had in previous reboots. Yet her characterization feels forced because too much of Lois’s traits were given to her, depriving Lana of an identity and Lois of her uniqueness.

>With Lana currently playing a role of an Electrical Engineer, a farm girl, and a reporter, the character has gained relevance in the eyes of some readers who are now seeing her as a strong career woman. When years ago these traits were CRITICIZED and not socially acceptable in Lois Lane. THE first female character who battled and won a place for women’s representation in comics. Lana is just benefiting from what Lois has done previously. This is not giving Lana a true identity, It is just reinventing a character who is constantly modified in order to adjust her to what currently is acceptable for women in society nowadays.

>I really don’t understand to whom this book was targeted. Clearly, DC Comics used Lois’s name as a bait to attract her fans only to give readers Lana Lang as the Superwoman. Who thought Lois’s fans will be FINE with this?

>Furthermore, once again we are told to wait and see what happens to Lois in upcoming issues, adding salt to the wound. How many times has DC used the same tactic to keep readers buying books?

>Honestly, I am tired of being told to wait for Lois’s turn. It doesn’t matter the Pre Flashpoint Lois married to Superman is back, because the one who was completely maligned in New 52 is now dead. AGAIN. The Lois, who deserved a book with a writer who is PASSIONATE about her, is once again kicked out from the book marketed as HERS.

>Why does Lois have to be the one who is marginalized to progress a story that isn’t hers?

>If first issues are used to establish the focus of the story then this one completely failed me. Why would I be interested in buying a book that has a misleading protagonist? One I am not personally invested in? That is not what I paid for. This is not what I’ve been waiting for. Thank you DC and Mr. Jimenez but I pass.

>I sincerely wish Mr.Jimenez good luck with the book and hope that in the future he is really given the chance to write a full story about LOIS LANE. I can’t and won’t tell anyone what to do with upcoming issues as it is not my money. It is not my decision to make. The prerogative to keep buying Superwoman belongs to each one of the readers.

>As for me DC you have my answer.

>I truly I am grateful to Mr. Johnston and Bleeding Cool for giving me the chance to express why I won’t be buying the next or other issues of Superwoman. Giving me the opportunity to express the reasons why I feel left down by this book is not something I take for granted. I also want to thank @HelenaWayneBlog and to the Lois’s fans out there for their valuable insights for this article.

And we're done.

This article was a complete embarrassment to read. Every bit as bad as those articles where they didn't get the Captain America reveal was a cliffhanger and suddenly thought Marvel backtracked within a month. Where does Rich find these authors?

I don't care about Lois Lane unless she's doing something Superman related.

Isn't it just as mysogynistic to choose sides on the Lana-Loise debate/shipping wars?

OP Here I guess pic related is right since I just realized I never linked the source

>my waifu died reeeeeeeeeee ;_;

Is that about the sum of it?

Jesus christ, this reads like a slightly cleaned up fanboy meltdown on the CBR forums.

Which I guess it actually kind of is.

>It's misogyny because a female character who isn't Lois is the main character
>It's misogyny because Lana isn't a real female character, she's SAFE and misogynistic
>It's misogyny because Lana, while being SAFE, is also NOT SAFE because she is similar to Lois

It's misogynistic because not everyone feels the same way about his waifu.

What a fucking faggot

So Superwoman is Lana, not Lois? I might give this a read then. I hate Lois.

What's the difference between lois and lana character-wise?

Is zoraida a boys or girls name?

Lana is the girl Clark grew up with and kept his secrets for years. She is the archetypal girl next door character.

Lois is the woman Clark met when he was an adult who is the strong independent woman making her mark in a male dominated field. More guts than sense, often getting into trouble that requires a super helping hand.

I really can't imagine a boy being this dedicated to Lois Lane of all people.

Im drunk can I get the TLDR version

Sup Forums is guilty of that as well. Huge anal anguish over Nazi Cap's heel turn in the first few issues as if it was going to be the new status quo despite having been done before. Just like this loser whining about women in fridges you had Sup Forums retards whining about how liberals wouldn't let Cap be patriotic anymore so it was apart of their sneaky jew agenda.

They're BOTH Superwomen. Lois is classic Superman with a vagina, Lana is Electric Red Superman with a vagina.

We where more whining about stupid plot devices made solely to create controversy and shitty writing but okay.

see

Pretty sure that was more of a "this is a blatant marketing gimmick like Superior Spiderman, why does D*sney think we're going to believe this will change everything forever again" y'know.

That user is from Sup Forums, he can't tell the difference.

>opens with a Disney analogy
Gosh, I wonder who paid him for this attempt to throw shade on Marvel's distinguished competitor.

So they're doing Superman Red and Blue?

Honestly with that twist, it went from a "might give it a try" to a "must read" book.
Also, Lana is underrated. So good for her.

More or less.

Is it Women in Refrigerators if it's to further another woman's story?

legit anybody who thinks lois is staying dead is retarded, like unless its been said by one of the authors that she's staying dead then you're retarded for thinking that

How has this person fallen in love with a character that she basically dislikes so much? Apparently she's never been happy about Lois for what she is and how she's used, and now she's angry 'cause her ''favorite'' character is still the same character she's always been.

Sometimes we just have to face that maybe we don't like the characters we think we like. We like them as an idea, and we color that idea with our own ideas, but in reality the character is just what it is.

But to be fair, I think the writing in this comic is boring as shit. I don't think anyone was in any particular way mishandled, but especially the dialogue felt so meaningless.

Shes going to be dead until at least issue 6

Lana is the best girl anyway. Much better than that spoiled city brat.

sarahzero.com/sz_intro.html

challenge time: how far in can you make it?

What is a Non-Denominational Drink?

What a retarded thread. Never before I've seen people complaining so much about a review they couldn't read. She said misoginy once or twice and you guys automatically disregard everything else. She's complaining about the character backstory being ignored, about false advertising, about continuity issues, but she said misoginy so is cringe worthy? Comic vine recap reviews are cringey, this was actually good. She doesn't think lois is dead she just hates the plot device. Read the fucking review.

I don't know, user
I just don't know

Hey there Zoraida, still bitter about your waifu being killed?

Nice argument mate.

Why do people want a Black Widow movie? A can think of a dozen female Marvel heroes I would rather have a movie than Black Widow? Is it just because they're casual scum who only know characters from movies?

Also, why do they insist on using a character real name instead of their hero name? It feels weird to call Iron Man Tony all the time. Makes it sound as if you were their friend.

It's the tedious "They haven't been in a film, so they don't matter" mentality. People seem to ignore comic's vast history and just think the most recent stuff is the only stuff that has happened.
Cue "Silk is the first Asian Superhero" bullshit.

>>something people have been calling for
Yeah, all five of them.

Who is the first Asian superhero? Jimmy Woo?

Damn. That means Solo has three more fans than there are people who are calling for gay superheroes...

wait ms america is lgbt? im so fucking out of it, but did they really make someone lgbt or is this fag spouting still at that part?

Yeah but they usually kept it on the down low I think, she mentions having a girlfriend here and there and sometimes is shown checking Kate Bishops out.

Isn't he just a spy dude like Nick Fury?

bullseye. Black Widow just isn't interesting desu

Sun Tzu

>We live in a world where people will praise companies for hiring Writers of Color/Female instead of actual good Writers
Stop, we went too far. Rewind.

That was extremely painful

>>Shitting on Duggan
Why?

Probably Tumblr

>Why do people want a Black Widow movie?

If Thor can have two entirely forgettable and generic movie, why not Black Widow? She honestly could have a far more interesting spy thriller movie done of her than what Winter Soldier ever managed to be.

I would rather watch a courtroom drama starring She-Hulk.

Thor at least has a long running series that elements can be taken from. Widow never really has a supporting cast or famous stories to call her own. Wolverine is also the grand daddy of all "experimented on, so life sucks" character.

uh.... what the fuck is a het.

Straight person.

How bad are those queers at CBR now? I haven't been there in many years

Captain America was shitty clickbait and people should complain about it

Some of the defend Civil War II.
But then again, it's pretty nice to see "You know, I usually defend everything Bendis does, but this is pretty bad..."

>Thor at least has a long running series that elements can be taken from

Oh you meant the elements that the movies have repeatedly either ignored or completely changed and/or toned down? That is horsehit answer and you know it. There is literally nothing stopping them from making a BW movie besides guys going "ewww, I can't watch an action movie if the protagonist has a vagina"

>Widow never really has a supporting cast or famous stories to call her own.

Steve's entire supporting cast was in Winter Soldier was Falcon who he met five minutes earlier and Natasha. You could either use Hawkeye or just create an OC. It's not hard, broheim.

>Yeah but they usually kept it on the down low I think
You think wrong.

are you serious? Is Tumblr really that far into their asses?

Not wrong, you know. The only reason Solo got a book is because Deadpool, so why not use that to spin off a new LGBT character, rather than a 90s reject who literally nobody is interested in?

I have no idea if you're trolling or not.
Again, Thor's material is there and easy laid out. Sure, the films are kind of a bust, but they still use the stuff. Widow is a lot harder. Who will her villain be is a lot harder question than picking one of Thor's many villains.

It's short for heterosexual.

For marvel especially current marvel it definitely is as subtle as it can get. Which is not a lot granted but much better than a hundred of their other stunts.

Solo's book is only happening because Marvel wants a "Non-FOX Deadpool" character. Him, Foolkiller and Slapstick all coming out are trying to capitalize on that. I'm surprised more people aren't picking up on this.

>civil war ii
Please tell me this isn't a fucking thing I swear to fucking god

When did explaining turned into mansplaining and what's the difference?

Mansplaining is when a man explains something to a woman which is wrong because patriarchy

>Widow is a lot harder. Who will her villain be is a lot harder question than picking one of Thor's many villains.

Mugga please. Black Widow could not be easier to do as a movie, you write a generic as fuck action movie and then sprinkle few comic book elements in it and you're done. Just like 90% of all the capeshit Marvel Studios puts out. Robert Redford's character in TWS is a complete literal who character that deputed in Nick Fury vs SHIELD mini, so he isn't even a Captain America villain. And you've still got a gazillion Marvel IP's at your disposal to solve that problem if you just don't use the most cliche thing in the world and just use Yelena aka black widow 2.0, Gentleman spies prefer blondes.

It's a thing.
Carol vs. Tony over an Inhuman who can see the future. Carol wants to use him, Tony doesn't, War Machine killed by Thanos, She-Hulk was put in a coma by being shot in the tits, and Hawkeye kills Hulk with an anti-Hulk arrow cause visions. It's as terrible as it sounds, and even worse, the teams are just being defined 6 issues in.

Mansplaining is when men explain something to women as if they don't know it, which is really miserable for me because I love explaining things to people...

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped reading superhero comics

We've reached the point where I can't even tell if this is bait of a genuine case of Sup Forumsmblr.

The fact that you keep using words like generic and cliche doesn't convince me Black Widow should happen.

Well I could see this is patronizing if the the topic is common knowledge but the side effects are certainly not part of that.

Are DC writers as aggressive towards Marvel on Twitter as Marvel writers are towards DC?

>the side effects of time travel
fixed

Just calling a spade a spade. Marvel movies are nothing ground breaking or special and having a female lead would change nothing about the way Marvel churns them out

nope, that is why Marvel is so popular with the normies
it is hip with the cool kids by bullying the nerdy kid